Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 1 September

Go down 
+13
THE MAGICIAN
Hellboy
spartamoshdock
dezza
dave ash
bulwellian
Paulo
Blackie
The wanderer
johnmeode
CSKA17
g72
Gordon
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 1 September Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug 2013, 11:29 pm

Is this going to be your season? Tell us how you have started

Last edited by Gordon on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 2:07 pm

Nice start today from the dukla boys, 4-1 v a very decent WPR team who are a very good set of lads and i can see them causing some teams a few problems. I think our experience told a little today which helped us when in our goal scoring positions. A very good game for the spectators with both midfields showing skill and composure. All the best to a great bunch at WPR for the season.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 2:23 pm

Gutted today. As poor as we were on Friday, we were good today. Excellent performance only to come away with a defeat after conceding a late penalty. Groby were ok, clearly missing people as turned up with a bare 11.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 4:00 pm

Fairfield Fanatics 2 v 5 Thurmaston.

Fanatics scores were

Jamie Sharp
Toby Warner

They thoroughly deserved the win today wanted it more all game and created numerous chances.

We had Bare 11 including our manager who somehow managed to score! Lots of players either injured or on holiday. One of our players had to go off with half hour to go (Tom Hill) and of course he was missed, it was 2-2 at the time and although it may not have changed the result, it changed the game.

Thurmo will beat plenty of sides this season, sharmo on the wing terrorised us all game and they are a great bunch who all work really hard.

All the best for the season. Hope we can improve when we get players back...
Back to top Go down
The wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm

White horse 1-0 inter mivan
Alex hall

Very good game today from us and deffo deserved the win mivan started off brightly enough but we got a foothold on the game after the first 15-20 and started playing some good football something that has been missing from our team for along time. I think we will have a very good season this year if we can keep everyone fit mivan aint no mugs but we out played them today and they didnt really have a shot on target all game i think rav is still in our center halfs pocket hahahaha. All the best to mivan see you in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:14 pm

Niffy Rangers Reserves 1 v 4 FC Pochin

Chris Durrance 2
Azza
Jordan Cunningham

Took us a while to get into this today, always a difficult place to go and get a result. 3 late goals including 2 screamers from Chris Durrance saw us home and in truth it could have been more in the end.

Good lads at Niffy and scored a quality goal of their own - good luck for the season.

Good start for us, with 2 new teams winning 6-0 and 7-1 respectively we're looking to come top of the established teams. Probably gonna be the 5th season running my division has been won by a new team
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm

URFC 6-0 Fairfield Athletic
Great first game from us. Couldn't fault the lads. Fairfield have some decent players leigh syrett, shane kiely etc. But too much long ball and long throws in a very short team left them with very little chances. Good set of lads and look forward to return leg. Nice to 5 different goalscorers for us today. Looks like a very very tough test Wednesday
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:56 pm

Friar Lane 3 - Wigston Fields 3
Friar Lane have become a decent oufit, looked good going forward excellent wingers but their defence on long balls looked flakey. WF were poor first half but gradually improved, 3-0 down inside 30 mins but we rallied and got a penalty just befor HT (stef tucked it away!!). 2nd half we turned up the tempo and played some reasonable football, we had some good fortune and we grabbed 2 goals (mark allen and Stef/OG) midway throught the 2nd half. Opportunities for both sides to win it but we are happy with the draw. I feel FL will be in the mix come the end of the season.
Great bunch of lads and an enjoyable game.
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Gutted today. As poor as we were on Friday, we were good today. Excellent performance only to come away with a defeat after conceding a late penalty. Groby were ok, clearly missing people as turned up with a bare 11.
Are you taking time to gel?? As surprised you have lost your opening games, felt you would be one of the teams applying pressure early on. This is going to be a tough division I feel!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm

bulwellian wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Are you taking time to gel?? As surprised you have lost your opening games, felt you would be one of the teams applying pressure early on. This is going to be a tough division I feel!
Missing me i think lol
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 6:30 pm

GT 1 v 1 FC AZZURRI

Feels more like 2 points lost than 1 point gained today, we started really brightly and put GT under so much pressure in the first half but just didn't take our chances.said to the lads at half time hope that doesn't cost us, next thing you know we are 1-0 down! Rikki bates managed to grab our equaliser and we tried to press for the winner but again just wasn't happening for us!! I'm happy with our overall performance today, I think we looked like a pretty solid outfit and played some good football and on other days we would have converted our chances.

Well done to GT though they were very well organised and absolutely grafted and took there chance when they got it, I know they were missing a few today but they still did very well! They could have a good season.

Onto star & garter next week for us.......

Good wins for Thurmo and MDH today and moshdock, I think the prem could be quite an open division this season
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 6:46 pm

SPARTA MOSHDOCK 5 - 2 Shoemakers 2013
Mark Graham
Aaron Preston
Nolly Preston
Jake Wain
Lee Tyers

A really good game of football against a good, hard-working side. We had a fair bit of possession but they always looked a threat counter-attacking with their variety of strikers.

We took the lead with a good break and a fine debut finish from Jake Wain. They equalised with a very soft penalty. We then went into a 3-1 lead before we were pegged back again. It was then back to the walls defending for us until the 89th minute when we scored again to finish the game. We caught them on the break shortly after to make it 5-2.

In all honesty the score line was harsh on them as the game was much closer than it sounds. They are a quality side and will be up there at the end.

A good start for us and now we need to push on.

Cheers to Keith Smith.
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Injuref??   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 7:04 pm

dave ash wrote:
bulwellian wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Missing me i think lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 7:41 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
SPARTA MOSHDOCK 5 - 2 Shoemakers 2013
Mark Graham
Aaron Preston
Nolly Preston
Jake Wain
Lee Tyers

A really good game of football against a good, hard-working side. We had a fair bit of possession but they always looked a threat counter-attacking with their variety of strikers.

We took the lead with a good break and a fine debut finish from Jake Wain. They equalised with a very soft penalty. We then went into a 3-1 lead before we were pegged back again. It was then back to the walls defending for us until the 89th minute when we scored again to finish the game. We caught them on the break shortly after to make it 5-2.

In all honesty the score line was harsh on them as the game was much closer than it sounds. They are a quality side and will be up there at the end.

A good start for us and now we need to push on.

Cheers to Keith Smith.
Give a nice big hug to Lee for me will you? and a very big thank you on this result.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm

bulwellian wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
Wouldn't say that, about 4 new faces, we were just really really poor against friar lane, if we'd played as we did today we'd have beaten them I think. Today, can't really explain. Groby had one stand out player, short no.8 was good, and RAPID!!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 8:48 am

Countesthorpe 0 Wigston Rangers 6

Dan Mitchell 2
Oliver Jallands 1
Ashley Gardner 1
Tom Hill 1
Sam Whatsize 1

Comfortable win for us, glad we got a clean sheet more than anything else as we worked for the 90 minutes non stop to get it.

Think Countesthorpe are in for a long season on the evidence of that, if we put some of our chances away it could have been anything.

The ref we had was very firm and fair. Well done that man.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

The ref we had was very firm and fair. Well done that man.
Who was it?

You haven't started wearing those alicebands have you malc?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 11:10 am

Not sure Helly, not had him before and didn't look at his name last week but he was very sure in his actions, was strong and fair, didn't miss a trick. Was scary at times though lol.

No bands for me mate. ha ha.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

I'll have to bring mine out of retirement for you Wink
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 12:44 pm

bulwellian wrote:
Friar Lane 3 - Wigston Fields 3
Friar Lane have become a decent oufit, looked good going forward excellent wingers but their defence on long balls looked flakey. WF were poor first half but gradually improved, 3-0 down inside 30 mins but we rallied and got a penalty just befor HT (stef tucked it away!!). 2nd half we turned up the tempo and played some reasonable football, we had some good fortune and we grabbed 2 goals (mark allen and Stef/OG) midway throught the 2nd half. Opportunities for both sides to win it but we are happy with the draw. I feel FL will be in the mix come the end of the season.
Great bunch of lads and an enjoyable game.
Friar lane should be in the mix at the end of the season with the likes of Adam Dyke and Warren Butlin playing lol! 
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 1:02 pm

Think Dykey was just helping out for the day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Yeahareyou

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
yeah we were missing 3 or 4 key players, considering we had no subs think the game should of been put to bed in the first half with the chances we had, u came back 2nd half and caused problems. was a good game. unlucky
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

Paulo wrote:
Think Dykey was just helping out for the day!
Hope so!! Unlucky for Wigston Fields!!!
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:05 pm

I had to sign the form so friar lane could play two players on the morning. Might have won if they would have played with 9! Ha ha. Didnt see the Names of who they were though
Back to top Go down
Sirus

Sirus

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 7:23 pm

I thought adam dyke had hung up his boots! Great player, would be a great addition to any team in the alliance league
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 1 September   Banter - Sunday 1 September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 1 September
Page 1 of 1