Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 17 February

Go down 
+36
LINEKER
Gifford
THE MAGICIAN
FC POCHIN
Paul Daniels
Hellboy
LK_United
hotshot66
Mivan are going up
Jimmyb
bulwellian
monsellwmc
Stancollymore
the goalie
Pukka
Polska legend II
Rwhite08
Hubble1980
dave ash
dezza
the harrow wookie
scottyh
Hairy Hebrew!
Polingtons
Plough new boy
CSKA17
Blackie
CSKA19Carnabys
whiteeagles
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jedster
Skeems
allen654
BUSFC Zack
Widds
Gordon
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter -  17 February Empty
PostSubject: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSat 16 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm

Another mixture of League and Cup Fixtures to comment on

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 12:34 am

Good luck to all the away teams in the billy walton today
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 12:43 pm

Great game today between Blaby and Harrow.
Blaby had our best performance so far this season and should have scored more but The Harrow were not without their chances either.
Game played in the right spirit little but of a mix up near the end with one of our lads going down a bit dramatically but te lad that through te ball at his head while he was lying down was a bit stupid to do so. The yellow card sorted that though.
Had some good battles with harrow defence when we were attacking corners, good bunch of lads.
Looking forward to next season.
Was good to get a goal too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 12:56 pm

Wigston Fields 5 - 2 Coutesthorpe United

Mark Allen x2
Tom Norman
Ed Titley
James Field

Went 2-0 down inside 15 minutes but came back to win 5-2. Although countesthorpe have improved massively and got some very talented players but lost any respect I had for them now. Just dirty, bad and late tackles and constantly moaning and mouthing off (even moans more than us). Just pathetic. Good job we played them on the astroturf else I could see them being even worse. Anywho, another win which is good for us.
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 12:57 pm

Also took part in the match fit scheme. Very good, easy to do and had a laugh about it. Laid back and lighthearted but for a serious reason which is good. Got a match ball out of it too which is good.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

Oscars 5-2 Premier Sports Travel

Damn you Premier, needed you to do us a favour today!! Wink

In all seriousness Oscars are looking a very good side at the moment, I think that is a 4th straight win for them which is the longest winning streak of the season so far for any side in our Premiership.

Oscars are the team to watch IMO
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

Allen654 wrote:
Also took part in the match fit scheme. Very good, easy to do and had a laugh about it. Laid back and lighthearted but for a serious reason which is good. Got a match ball out of it too which is good.

Good on ya lads, only just heard about the match for thing. As for countesthorpe I second all of that.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 1:30 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Oscars 5-2 Premier Sports Travel

Damn you Premier, needed you to do us a favour today!! Wink

In all seriousness Oscars are looking a very good side at the moment, I think that is a 4th straight win for them which is the longest winning streak of the season so far for any side in our Premiership.

Oscars are the team to watch IMO

Very kind to say that kev, anyone can beat anyone in the prem we seem to be playin some good footy at the min just hope we carry it on n dont have any silly results. A lot of people said wed get found out in this leaague n i think weve already done ourselves justice!
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:
Allen654 wrote:

Good on ya lads, only just heard about the match for thing. As for countesthorpe I second all of that.

Yea it's a good and easy scheme. I'd recommend and advise it to any team. Soon countesthorpe will choose the wrong team to do that to and will really get taught a lesson. If they concentrated on playing football and stay disciplined both tactically and in terms of attitude/tackling then I reckon they'd win a few more games. But oh well we got the win and too bad for them.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 1:59 pm

Birstall Rangers 2-3 Wigston Rangers

We didn't really play very well today, the surface was poor but I am guessing that's the same for any team that played today. We were 3-1 up at half time and defended well for the win. Good result but not a great performance. We have been successful away from home though winning 4 out of 7 and losing 2 by the slightest of margins. Still yet to pick a point up at home though. I am now going to be serving a 3 match suspension, so hopefully we get some games that I won't be missed in.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:05 pm

Glenfield Town 3-2 WHITE EAGLES

Danilo Trifunovic (2)

Firstly got to say, massive credit to our boys and the Glenfield boys for making the effort to get the game on. Also, credit to the Dukla secretary who text our secretary to let him know that both teams who usually play on Pitch 3 were away!

We started very brightly and bagged an early goal. A defensive mix up then led to a Glenfield equaliser 5 or so minutes later before an excellent strike put us back into the lead at 2-1 and we were well worth our value for the lead. A couple of good saves by myself led to a corner (which arguably could have been a goal kick) which Glenfield scored from to make it 2-2 despite shouts for a foul on one of our centre backs as he went to head the ball but we got on with it and took it to half time 2-2 having faced the hill and sun first half.

Glenfield came out stronger in the second half but despite some good possession failed to create any clear cut chances. A good run after about 70 minutes though by the Dave Kitson look-a-like led to him going 1-on-1 and finished well to put Glenfield 3-2 up. From then on, it was pretty much all us. As we built momentum and kept possession for a while we had two very good chances to equalise in the last 10 minutes... firstly a great run by our left winger Jovan Novak, beat two men before whipping a low ball across the box but Zoran Micic couldn't stretch far enough to tap in (Gazza style) and with 30 seconds to go, Jovan Novak whipped in another excellent ball towards the back post but this time two lads went for the same ball and both ended up missing the ball completely for one of the easiest tap-ins you will get!

Credit to Glenfield, a fantastic bunch of lads and a credit to their club, a club that we would happily play week-in week-out, tried to play football, no mouth, no fouling, just played football. The referee Jim Hubbard was fantastic too and it was a complete contrast to last week's farce. At last we can concentrate on our remaining 14 league games and best of luck to Glenfield for the rest of the season!
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:09 pm

CSKA Carnabys Res 1 North Kilworth Res 6

Played off the park this week. NKR shift the ball about well from the back and have a wealth of experienced players. I'd say we put in a better performance than the last meeting and the scoreline could've been closer as we were denied a stonewall penalty at 3-1 and had some decent chances just after scoring ourselves to try and get back in it but all credit to NKR they are top for a reason and the 9 striker is clinical. He knows how to finish. Number 6 aswell today was the heartbeat.

Good luck for the rest of the season NKR won't begrudge you winning the league on the two meetings we've had. Good battles
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:20 pm

FC Pochin 1 v 6 Humberstone

No match report this week
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Blackie wrote:
FC Pochin 1 v 6 Humberstone

No match report this week

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:32 pm

CSKA 2nds 1 v 6 NKR

Agree with most of above. Frustration from being a bit sloppy early on, then getting the goal to make it 3-1 we created a bit more and should've got a 2nd and then who knows if we couldve pressured them. NKR worthy winners, solid side, play simple football moving the ball around well to create space.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:44 pm

Plough 7-5 Cska sporting.

Started off badly, think still had last weeks head on, after twenty minutes found ourselves 3-1 down. Then played best played all season for 50 minutes to go 5-3 up. Last 20 was pretty even as our players tired from putting in such a shift. Cska are pretty good up top, and midfield is good lad called dodgy was handy player. Was pretty weak at back though. Good to get back to winning ways after last week, no carnabeys r out off running for third spot I'd say and between us, sporting and our ressies. Ps well done blaby on flukeing another win.
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

Out of the running? We lost to the champions elect which everyone else will do so to say we are out of the running is slightly disrespectful to put it mildly

Edit : I don't think we will finish 3rd anyway but to write any team off is ridiculous

Last edited by CSKA19Carnabys on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:03 pm

Whilst you have all been reflecting on your performances today, James has released and I have posted the fixtures for next Sunday

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Fixtures/Fixtures%20Weeks/Fixtures_ThisWeek.html
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

Nice and early. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

Plough new boy wrote:

Started off badly, think still had last weeks head on, after twenty minutes found ourselves 3-1 down. Then played best played all season for 50 minutes to go 5-3 up. Last 20 was pretty even as our players tired from putting in such a shift. Cska are pretty good up top, and midfield is good lad called dodgy was handy player. Was pretty weak at back though. Good to get back to winning ways after last week, no carnabeys r out off running for third spot I'd say and between us, sporting and our ressies. Ps well done blaby on flukeing another win.

Well done in your win mate and only conceding 5 this week, only 16 in 2 games. Getting better xx
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

Gordon wrote:
Whilst you have all been reflecting on your performances today, James has released and I have posted the fixtures for next Sunday

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Fixtures/Fixtures%20Weeks/Fixtures_ThisWeek.html

In the billy walton, desford havnt played thurmastons first team in the previous round its dwn them playing oscars
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

AFC Royal Oak 9-1 FCCOL

Very comfortable morning today! Thanks to Mivan for ruining our pitch last week, should of called it off for us Smile can't see it being up to much kop next week!
First half we hardly got out of second gear and could of been going in at half time 8-1 up but for some lacklustre finishing. Instead it was 3-1 and we thought one more goal would kill the game off which we soon got! FCCOL then stopped defending and if it wasn't for the big lad who moved in at the back to defend on his jack jones it could of been alot more!
Thankfully no hoof free kicks from Mr Byrne today! Was taken off free kick duty after claiming last weeks total fluke! :p
Man of the match performance from Jay Oliver who didn't stop running also bagging through a tackle that went in!
Another Semi Final to look forward to but will be hoping to go one better in this one but will be tough!

Unlucky to White Eagles today giving Glenfield a run for their money!

Also division 6 results couldn't of gone any better for us! Who'd of thought Mivan and Royalist would lose and Aylestone would also drop points?!? We have a lot of games in hand but has left it wide open!

Also a Big up to Hat & Beaver getting their first win today! Played lads!
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:12 pm

Ha ha nice one zack
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:13 pm

Just going on points and games played. Chill your beans.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:20 pm

Plough new boy wrote:
Just going on points and games played. Chill your beans.

Lol that being said, if you look at all out results we are one of the teams that have not lost by such a large amount. I think we have had two games where the score has been 7-3 or something but apart from that we are quite a challenging team.
Obviously if you lose by 1 or 11 it doesn't matter because you lose but I think a few teams in our division would agree we arnt the easiest to beat Smile . I would hate to know how it feels to lose by 11 goals though, and not even get a consolation. Maybe you could tell me when we come for our return fixture.

Well done on your result today though, good score. Seems you can score but can't defend where as we can defend but can't score.
As a defender I prefer the clean sheets but for the team we need to score more as its Sunday football, should be scoring more than one or 2, but hey ho 3 points again and 5th for now. Pressure is on you Smile

Oh and Carnaby's arnt out of it yet, good side if they can get form back.
Well help by taking 3 points off you.

Rant over. Love you x
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:23 pm

Well its the CSKA derby next Sunday. Sporting host Carnabys at western park next week. Destroyed them 5-2 in the first fixture. Thoroughly deserved that win and hoping to get back into the mix after next weeks game. Two consecutive games against NKR out the way now.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:25 pm

Ner, very little chance of 3rd, think we gave sporting too big a head start, and plough have the games in hand. 4th is best we could hope for for quite a while. Need to put in a 90 minute performance though..
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:27 pm

great result for lks today struggled bit with sun in the 1st half but deserved the win in the end against a good royalist side but in all fairness it could of and should have been 10 on we got league is wide open now
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

BUSFC Zack wrote:
Blaby had our best performance so far this season and should have scored more but The Harrow were not without their chances either.
Game played in the right spirit little but of a mix up near the end with one of our lads going down a bit dramatically but te lad that through te ball at his head while he was lying down was a bit stupid to do so. The yellow card sorted that though.
Had some good battles with harrow defence when we were attacking corners, good bunch of lads.
blaby played some good football today so cant moan . just didnt go are way to many misplaced passes and players running into trouble but thts football. nice finish minton i didnt stand a chance tho the corner was perfect , to be fair the ref could of got a red out for young birdy but think the yellow was the right decision no malice just frustration ... looking forward to next seasons battle with blaby, top lads
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:47 pm

Allen654 wrote:
Wigston Fields 5 - 2 Coutesthorpe United

Mark Allen x2
Tom Norman
Ed Titley
James Field

Went 2-0 down inside 15 minutes but came back to win 5-2. Although countesthorpe have improved massively and got some very talented players but lost any respect I had for them now. Just dirty, bad and late tackles and constantly moaning and mouthing off (even moans more than us). Just pathetic. Good job we played them on the astroturf else I could see them being even worse. Anywho, another win which is good for us.
said this after we played them think people thought it was sour grapes .there not making many freinds in this division and it might come back to haunt them next season
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Gordon wrote:

In the billy walton, desford havnt played thurmastons first team in the previous round its dwn them playing oscars

With that in mind then I take it despots will be playing Thurmo and we won't lol
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:50 pm

We've played them twice once league and once cup seemed alright to us but we did beat them 12-1 and 5-0 respectively.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

My phone doesn't like typing desford haha I meant desford not despots
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
blaby played some good football today so cant moan . just didnt go are way to many misplaced passes and players running into trouble but thts football. nice finish minton i didnt stand a chance tho the corner was perfect , to be fair the ref could of got a red out for young birdy but think the yellow was the right decision no malice just frustration ... looking forward to next seasons battle with blaby, top lads

Yea was just frustration, and it's not like he put all his effort into the throw.
Yellow was justice enough. His ankle is buggered now though, swollen as hell but he did go down frantically lol.
Yea the cross on the corner was precise. Looking forward to next season already. Maybe a friendly in the summer.
Good luck next week lads.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:56 pm

Allen654 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Allen654 wrote:

Yea it's a good and easy scheme. I'd recommend and advise it to any team. Soon countesthorpe will choose the wrong team to do that to and will really get taught a lesson. If they concentrated on playing football and stay disciplined both tactically and in terms of attitude/tackling then I reckon they'd win a few more games. But oh well we got the win and too bad for them.

The number 10 didn't have his number one fan kicking off again did he lol?
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:56 pm

CSKA19Carnabys wrote:

Played off the park this week. NKR shift the ball about well from the back and have a wealth of experienced players. I'd say we put in a better performance than the last meeting and the scoreline could've been closer as we were denied a stonewall penalty at 3-1 and had some decent chances just after scoring ourselves to try and get back in it but all credit to NKR they are top for a reason and the 9 striker is clinical. He knows how to finish. Number 6 aswell today was the heartbeat.

Good luck for the rest of the season NKR won't begrudge you winning the league on the two meetings we've had. Good battles

Have to agree on all that, defo penalty at 3-1 which if we had scred it things could of been different.

Another goal for me today no over head kick though as predicted by Harrow wookie.

Pissed off today though got booked by that woman ref for pulling someone which apparently i'd been doing all game even though i hadn't given a free kick all game.

Ref got a 3 out 10 today she was poor and i think the chap on the line accesing her would agree.
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 3:58 pm

Allen654 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Allen654 wrote:

they did one of are players got a three match ban for sparking a lad tht stamped on his leg as he was getting up there players mum even tried to get the police involed but if ya give it ya gotta take it lol

Last edited by the harrow wookie on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hubble1980

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:02 pm

[quote="BUSFC Zack"]
Plough new boy wrote:

Well done in your win mate and only conceding 5 this week, only 16 in 2 games. Getting better xx

Think you guys need a game to sort out All this loving u have got going on

Watched Niffy against Azzuri todAy.

Both teams pretty average on difficult pitch
Can't see how Azzuri are top, not that good at all.

A lot of moaning will struggle next year.
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:05 pm

[quote="dave ash"]
CSKA19Carnabys wrote:

Have to agree on all that, defo penalty at 3-1 which if we had scred it things could of been different.

Another goal for me today no over head kick though as predicted by Harrow wookie.

Pissed off today though got booked by that ref for pulling someone which apparently i'd been doing all game even though i hadn't given a free kick all game.

Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

[quote="Hubble1980"]
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:

Think you guys need a game to sort out All this loving u have got going on

Watched Niffy against Azzuri todAy.

Both teams pretty average on difficult pitch
Can't see how Azzuri are top, not that good at all.

A lot of moaning will struggle next year.

Think you're right mate! We might well struggle next year, prem is a hard division!! Top because we've won out games, through playing well and being flukey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 17 February
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next