Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 17 February

Go down 
+36
LINEKER
Gifford
THE MAGICIAN
FC POCHIN
Paul Daniels
Hellboy
LK_United
hotshot66
Mivan are going up
Jimmyb
bulwellian
monsellwmc
Stancollymore
the goalie
Pukka
Polska legend II
Rwhite08
Hubble1980
dave ash
dezza
the harrow wookie
scottyh
Hairy Hebrew!
Polingtons
Plough new boy
CSKA17
Blackie
CSKA19Carnabys
whiteeagles
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jedster
Skeems
allen654
BUSFC Zack
Widds
Gordon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:08 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
Allen654 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Allen654 wrote:
Also took part in the match fit scheme. Very good, easy to do and had a laugh about it. Laid back and lighthearted but for a serious reason which is good. Got a match ball out of it too which is good.

Good on ya lads, only just heard about the match for thing. As for countesthorpe I second all of that.

Yea it's a good and easy scheme. I'd recommend and advise it to any team. Soon countesthorpe will choose the wrong team to do that to and will really get taught a lesson. If they concentrated on playing football and stay disciplined both tactically and in terms of attitude/tackling then I reckon they'd win a few more games. But oh well we got the win and too bad for them.
they did one of are players got a three match ban for sparking a lad tht stamped on his leg as he was getting up there players mum even tried to get the police involed but if ya give it ya gotta take it lol

Not this time no, just the players mouthing off and giving it the big I am. No fans kicking off which was good.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:08 pm

NPE 3-1 Hotshots. Really pleased to come away with the win today. We feared the worst cus hotshots always run us close and games can go either way and we were missing some big players. Hotshots did not seem at full strength either but the young lads in midfield were excellent again. Hotshots went 1-0 up before young Matt equalised with a good goal and I got another 1 straight after to put us 2-1 up. Hotshots prob had more possession but did not really create much and we were happy to go in 2-1 up at half time. Second half was even again and we were relieved when Matt scored a really good second and we dug in to hold out. Terrible pitch did not help performance but we will need to do better. Thanks to hotshots for another good game.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:18 pm

dezza wrote:
Polingtons wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Whilst you have all been reflecting on your performances today, James has released and I have posted the fixtures for next Sunday

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Fixtures/Fixtures%20Weeks/Fixtures_ThisWeek.html

In the billy walton, desford havnt played thurmastons first team in the previous round its dwn them playing oscars

With that in mind then I take it despots will be playing Thurmo and we won't lol

Should be has it defo aint been played which means the ressis game wiv hotshots wnt b on aswell
Back to top Go down
Hubble1980

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

[quote="dezza"]
Hubble1980 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:
Plough 7-5 Cska sporting.

Well done in your win mate and only conceding 5 this week, only 16 in 2 games. Getting better xx

Think you guys need a game to sort out All this loving u have got going on

Watched Niffy against Azzuri todAy.

Both teams pretty average on difficult pitch
Can't see how Azzuri are top, not that good at all.

A lot of moaning will struggle next year.

Think you're right mate! We might well struggle next year, prem is a hard division!! Top because we've won out games, through playing well and being flukey

Fair one I think yourselves along with others are Inbetween teams not good enough for the prem but to good for the first
U might do ok.

Get someone who knows what they are doing in the middle is my advice
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

[quote="Hubble1980"]
dezza wrote:
Hubble1980 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:

Well done in your win mate and only conceding 5 this week, only 16 in 2 games. Getting better xx

Think you're right mate! We might well struggle next year, prem is a hard division!! Top because we've won out games, through playing well and being flukey

Fair one I think yourselves along with others are Inbetween teams not good enough for the prem but to good for the first
U might do ok.

Get someone who knows what they are doing in the middle is my advice

I agree with about being an Inbetween team! With regards to the middle of the park we miss tony Fitzpatrick a lot! Thravesy did well in there today and Saltz is only into his 2nd game of his comeback haha we've got jack hollobone, Gaz moult, dean and Lewis Edwards who can all play in there! I didn't notice anyone watching us, where were you?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:47 pm

Saltz is class, get him down regularly and you boys will be in good nick Dezza...
I think the 1st Division this year is quite poor, Azzuri are this seasons Star and Garter, and with absolute due respect, Azzuri are not as good as S&G...The fact no Div 1 teams are in the county cup semis, and i think only one team was in the quarters?? Shocking performance!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

Widds wrote:
Saltz is class, get him down regularly and you boys will be in good nick Dezza...
I think the 1st Division this year is quite poor, Azzuri are this seasons Star and Garter, and with absolute due respect, Azzuri are not as good as S&G...The fact no Div 1 teams are in the county cup semis, and i think only one team was in the quarters?? Shocking performance!!

I agree with that! We have never claimed to be world beaters or even to be the best in the division! We've been really luck in some games, I think we've just managed to be more consistent than the other teams in div 1!! We were naive in county cup against cross keys when our attacking mentality cost us dearly! Same as when we played Oscars in the cup we lost to them only getting back in the game in the last 20 mins! Before that it was pretty routine for them
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:00 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
dave ash wrote:
CSKA19Carnabys wrote:
CSKA Carnabys Res 1 North Kilworth Res 6

Played off the park this week. NKR shift the ball about well from the back and have a wealth of experienced players. I'd say we put in a better performance than the last meeting and the scoreline could've been closer as we were denied a stonewall penalty at 3-1 and had some decent chances just after scoring ourselves to try and get back in it but all credit to NKR they are top for a reason and the 9 striker is clinical. He knows how to finish. Number 6 aswell today was the heartbeat.

Good luck for the rest of the season NKR won't begrudge you winning the league on the two meetings we've had. Good battles

Have to agree on all that, defo penalty at 3-1 which if we had scred it things could of been different.

Another goal for me today no over head kick though as predicted by Harrow wookie.

Pissed off today though got booked by that woman ref for pulling someone which apparently i'd been doing all game even though i hadn't given a free kick all game.

Ref got a 3 out 10 today she was poor and i think the chap on the line accesing her would agree.
i could feel it in me waters dave was it from a corner

Afraid so and boringly it was another header back post top corner.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:01 pm

Polska 2 Fairfield 3.

Going to be a bit controversial here: Fairfield are NOT pothunters, but just seem to have put together a collection of players that are very capable of winning games, although was pleased to see that Leon Doughty was missing! We went 2-0 up and seemed to be quite cosy, but conceded a goal just before half time that proved to be very costly. We lost Lukasz at half time to injury and then Prezemyslaw 10 minutes into the second half which really changed the whole complexion of the game. With our 2 best players off, Fairfield took their chances and had a good 15 minute spell when we were on the ropes. We rallied at the end and I thought we might nick one but it wasn't to be. Will be very interested to see how they do v MDH next week.
Back to top Go down
Pukka

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:07 pm

Superfly 2 v 2 Gate Hangs Well
Proud of all our lads today, havnt been able to say that for while! Superfly realistically dominated most of the game and scored 2 early goals, both from corners. We dug in, defended better and took our chances when they came.
Much improved from the demoralising debacle last week against phoenix.
Bit disappointed to see the phoenix sec wasnt content with playing against 8 men for the majority of the game and winning 11-1 and had to invent an apparent own goal on the scorers list and win 12-1?? Bit sad.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:12 pm

Pukka wrote:
Proud of all our lads today, havnt been able to say that for while! Superfly realistically dominated most of the game and scored 2 early goals, both from corners. We dug in, defended better and took our chances when they came.
Bit disappointed to see the phoenix sec wasnt content with playing against 8 men for the majority of the game and winning 11-1 and had to invent an apparent own goal on the scorers list and win 12-1?? Bit sad.

well done mate ..keep your chin up

turn around soon, couple decent results set you right up for rest of season
Back to top Go down
Pukka

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:24 pm

Cheers Tom, we might have helped you lads out today with that result. Chance you could sneak 2nd still?
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:35 pm

dave ash wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
dave ash wrote:
CSKA19Carnabys wrote:

Played off the park this week. NKR shift the ball about well from the back and have a wealth of experienced players. I'd say we put in a better performance than the last meeting and the scoreline could've been closer as we were denied a stonewall penalty at 3-1 and had some decent chances just after scoring ourselves to try and get back in it but all credit to NKR they are top for a reason and the 9 striker is clinical. He knows how to finish. Number 6 aswell today was the heartbeat.

Good luck for the rest of the season NKR won't begrudge you winning the league on the two meetings we've had. Good battles

Have to agree on all that, defo penalty at 3-1 which if we had scred it things could of been different.

Another goal for me today no over head kick though as predicted by Harrow wookie.

Pissed off today though got booked by that woman ref for pulling someone which apparently i'd been doing all game even though i hadn't given a free kick all game.

Ref got a 3 out 10 today she was poor and i think the chap on the line accesing her would agree.

Bagged myself one today dave, top corner too. How are you anyway pal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Stancollymore

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:36 pm

dave ash wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
dave ash wrote:
CSKA19Carnabys wrote:

I don't think u were played off the park at all I thought u never have up and Sam just tucked his goals away well. I would have thought I'd have put Dave ash uptop and played the ball up to humans with his experience he'd have just played the number 12 and the other lad in. Even grant couldn't get near him in the air. The bookings where unfair and all our lads said the penalty while was a foul was off of the pitch but that's just what they said good bunch of lads that love there club fair play. I think they'll be up there next season
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:38 pm

Monsell WMC 4, Leicester Bharat Talbot 2

Great result for Monsell aggainst a very good in form Talbot.
Plenty of chances at either end on a very boggy pitch, but even with the poor conditions, both sides played some great football. 2 suspect penalties at either end and a fantastic goalkeeping performance by the talbot keeper. Man of the match for me.
Congrats to Kev Jones scoring his 100th goal for the club.
All the best to Talbot who have a great chance of topping div 5, looking forward to playing u guys again in the league, could be a massive game.

4 very decent sides going into the semis in LDA, North Kilworth res, royal oak and ourselves, very open yet, all good enough to make holmes park and lift the cup.
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

Stancollymore wrote:
dave ash wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
dave ash wrote:
CSKA19Carnabys wrote:

I don't think u were played off the park at all I thought u never have up and Sam just tucked his goals away well. I would have thought I'd have put Dave ash uptop and played the ball up to humans with his experience he'd have just played the number 12 and the other lad in. Even grant couldn't get near him in the air. The bookings where unfair and all our lads said the penalty while was a foul was off of the pitch but that's just what they said good bunch of lads that love there club fair play. I think they'll be up there next season

We didnt play as much football as we would have liked. Your football was quality especially with the keeper starting the game quick out his hands short and from goal kicks too. Dave ash up top? Interesting thought, I know he used to be a cf and bagged loads of goals back in the day but he's bossed our midfield this season. A good player to have around the place. Cheers for the well wishes and thanks for two really good battles even if at times it was a bit heated but that's what it's all about!
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 5:57 pm

Allen654 wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
Allen654 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Allen654 wrote:
Also took part in the match fit scheme. Very good, easy to do and had a laugh about it. Laid back and lighthearted but for a serious reason which is good. Got a match ball out of it too which is good.

Good on ya lads, only just heard about the match for thing. As for countesthorpe I second all of that.

Yea it's a good and easy scheme. I'd recommend and advise it to any team. Soon countesthorpe will choose the wrong team to do that to and will really get taught a lesson. If they concentrated on playing football and stay disciplined both tactically and in terms of attitude/tackling then I reckon they'd win a few more games. But oh well we got the win and too bad for them.
they did one of are players got a three match ban for sparking a lad tht stamped on his leg as he was getting up there players mum even tried to get the police involed but if ya give it ya gotta take it lol

Not this time no, just the players mouthing off and giving it the big I am. No fans kicking off which was good.

Lad that played in goal first half had been telling the ref it was a mans game get a life, when we started to get as physical as them he was the first to cry. He played out 2nd half, and thought that mouthing off to an old git like me and asking what would I do if he would kick off. I walked towards him to question his wording and he ran off!!
Tried to play the big I ams the younger lads in their team, the older guys seemed to be reasonable and agreed that their team was about individuals not as unit of 11 players.
Scored again....2 in 2 games so I am on a roll now!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 6:01 pm

Fosse City 2 - 1 Leicester Foxes

We started quite slowly today and found ourselves 1 down at half time despite edging the opening 45 minutes. 2nd half was one of the most one sided halves of football I can remember. Considering the state of the pitch I thought we played some outstanding stuff but squandered chance after chance. I probably should have had 6 myself, add to that several clearances off the line, plenty of last ditch tackles and some excellent saves, It really could of been close to double figures.

Credit to Foxes for sticking at it once they went behind, they seem a good set of lads nowadays, think they were missing a few important players this morning which probably cost them.
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 6:37 pm

Dukla 4 mivan 0

Outclassed, outfought and didn't eat it enough today. 100%! Credit to Dukla, brilliant performance by them and won the points convincingly. We just wasnt at the races t
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 6:39 pm

We just wasnt at the races today. Little but of a let ff with royalist and aylestone dropping points but opens things up for oak and eagles.

Good luck to Dukla for the rest of the season and well reffed by Nigel Marriott.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

Rwhite08 wrote:
NPE 3-1 Hotshots. Really pleased to come away with the win today. We feared the worst cus hotshots always run us close and games can go either way and we were missing some big players. Hotshots did not seem at full strength either but the young lads in midfield were excellent again. Hotshots went 1-0 up before young Matt equalised with a good goal and I got another 1 straight after to put us 2-1 up. Hotshots prob had more possession but did not really create much and we were happy to go in 2-1 up at half time. Second half was even again and we were relieved when Matt scored a really good second and we dug in to hold out. Terrible pitch did not help performance but we will need to do better. Thanks to hotshots for another good game.

sounds like the usual close game, we are struggling badly at the moment with players out injured, me included. gutted to have missed it!
Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 7:00 pm

monsellwmc wrote:

Plenty of chances at either end on a very boggy pitch, but even with the poor conditions, both sides played some great football. 2 suspect penalties at either end and a fantastic goalkeeping performance by the talbot keeper. Man of the match for me.
All the best to Talbot who have a great chance of topping div 5, looking forward to playing u guys again in the league, could be a massive game.

4 very decent sides going into the semis in LDA, North Kilworth res, royal oak and ourselves, very open yet, all good enough to make holmes park and lift the cup.

Nice one Kev...

is that just for this season....lol
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 7:05 pm

Yes it was close again. Always good games.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 7:13 pm

FoxHunter1974 wrote:
monsellwmc wrote:

Nice one Kev...

is that just for this season....lol

none last week against a newly promoted under 18s side.... Embarassed and no match report... No
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 9:49 pm

Pukka wrote:

Noting the result inconsistency following the Press Reports from both teams, I checked with the match referee who confirmed the result was 12-1.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

Royale Barcabullona 5 - 2 Enderby Town

Weird game of football today, very quiet for the first 20 until we took the lead, and then Enderby came alive and finished the half the stronger.

2nd half was an improvement from us and a mixture of excellent finishing from Pete Farmer and brilliant goalkeeping from Alec Hill saw us run out comfortable winners in the end.

Enderby were not half as strong as they were at the start of the year. Havin said that, we were missing some key players today and some of our better players played shocking, most notably in defence.

Realistically we are too far off the pace to mount a title challenge as I can't see Azzuri dropping many points and to be quite honest I dont think we are worthy of finishing in the top 2. But, its a funny league this Div 1.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm

dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:

I agree with that! We have never claimed to be world beaters or even to be the best in the division! We've been really luck in some games, I think we've just managed to be more consistent than the other teams in div 1!! We were naive in county cup against cross keys when our attacking mentality cost us dearly! Same as when we played Oscars in the cup we lost to them only getting back in the game in the last 20 mins! Before that it was pretty routine for them

I dont like this conversation. Why don't you tell Hubble where to go? Whether you regard the league as poor or not, you can't deny that picking a final league table is very difficult, and therefore makes for a good and interesting division.

I think it's great that teams like Fosse who were written off at the start of the year are provng the doubters wrong, and teams like Thurmaston are not the world beaters you all thought they were.

What do you want? A league with 2 strong teams, 2 whipping boys, and a bunch of nothing in the middle?

True we could of made a better impression in the cups and its a shame nobody is representing us as this stage but as a league its far more competitive than many of the other leagues.

You can't improve the league if all the decent sides bottle going up each year, fold, and then reform or join other teams. To name a few, Welford, Cleansing, Perrin, Throops, Sunbury.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 10:55 pm

I meant i agree that we aren't as good as star and garter lol
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 11:00 pm

I've said all along and you can check my previous posts that this division is harder and closer than people are making out!!! Also that we have been lucky in numerous games, lucky to get a point against you , lucky to beat niffy the first time and lucky to rescue a point against foxes when we drew 4-4!!! Even now when you look at the league table it's still close all we need to do is drop a couple of points and its still wide open
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 11:14 pm

fc pochin 1 humberstone 6
anybody know a good sports psyhcologist? how can a team play so well and then so badly from one week to the next
with basically the same players.
last week we looked like we would not concede if we played all day, this week we were 3-0 down in 10 minutes
humbo came out the blocks like a train and caught us cold playing some quick one touch stuff
after the initial shock we gradually got back into the game and pulled one back with 10 minutes of the half to go,
just thinking the half time team talk would be c'mon lads we can get back into this, when with a minute left we conceded a comedy goal
and we were out of it.
second half was fairly even we missed a couple of sitters and they added 2 more as we pushed forward
in the last 15 minutes gifford for humbo went on a one man mission to try and score but his shots just kept getting worse
much to the amusement of their lads on the line and he got some horrendous stick
joe geary was quality for them today
ah well birstall next week,wonder which pochins will turn up?

all the best to humbo for the rest of the season great set of lads who don't take themselves to seriously,but when they have their full team
out can certainly play!
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 1:22 am

Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:

I dont like this conversation. Why don't you tell Hubble where to go? Whether you regard the league as poor or not, you can't deny that picking a final league table is very difficult, and therefore makes for a good and interesting division.

I think it's great that teams like Fosse who were written off at the start of the year are provng the doubters wrong, and teams like Thurmaston are not the world beaters you all thought they were.

What do you want? A league with 2 strong teams, 2 whipping boys, and a bunch of nothing in the middle?

True we could of made a better impression in the cups and its a shame nobody is representing us as this stage but as a league its far more competitive than many of the other leagues.

You can't improve the league if all the decent sides bottle going up each year, fold, and then reform or join other teams. To name a few, Welford, Cleansing, Perrin, Throops, Sunbury.

I agree its a competitive league and makes it more enjoyable, but i think the quality is down a bit on what i have seen in the past, unless we have just improved and are up to others level!!

You did say that a team was 'best of a bad bunch' yourself...so do you think the quality in Div 1 is poor or not????
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 8:13 am

Way I see it is Div 1 is littered with quality, I'm more in the way of thinking along the lines as Paul Daniels, apart from Azzuri who have been consistent all season I think a lot of the teams in this division are of equal or very similar ability.

Just about any game in this Division no matter who it is, you will be going some to predict the result, I also see that many teams in this Division have had their problems with players missing, think with Azzuri they have a pool of about 237 players to choose from is the reason they are the most consistent thus far.

Who ever goes to watch a match in the current conditions with the pitches just being mud baths and saying the game lacked quality are dumb in my eyes. Barcelona would struggle on some of the pitches at the minute, along with teams not having a game for the best part of a month will also play a part in the over all quality of a game.

Congratulations to Azzuri on winning Div 1 this season, for me to finish top of this league takes some doing, all the best in the Prem Dezza and the Azzuri lads.
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 8:18 am

FC POCHIN wrote:
fc pochin 1 humberstone 6
anybody know a good sports psyhcologist? how can a team play so well and then so badly from one week to the next
with basically the same players.
last week we looked like we would not concede if we played all day, this week we were 3-0 down in 10 minutes
humbo came out the blocks like a train and caught us cold playing some quick one touch stuff
after the initial shock we gradually got back into the game and pulled one back with 10 minutes of the half to go,
just thinking the half time team talk would be c'mon lads we can get back into this, when with a minute left we conceded a comedy goal
and we were out of it.
second half was fairly even we missed a couple of sitters and they added 2 more as we pushed forward
in the last 15 minutes gifford for humbo went on a one man mission to try and score but his shots just kept getting worse
much to the amusement of their lads on the line and he got some horrendous stick
joe geary was quality for them today
ah well birstall next week,wonder which pochins will turn up?

all the best to humbo for the rest of the season great set of lads who don't take themselves to seriously,but when they have their full team
out can certainly play!

I wouldn't of bagged if yesterday's game was 12 hours long but couldn't let poodle bag a 6th would never have heard the end of it
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 9:00 am

Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:

I agree its a competitive league and makes it more enjoyable, but i think the quality is down a bit on what i have seen in the past, unless we have just improved and are up to others level!!

You did say that a team was 'best of a bad bunch' yourself...so do you think the quality in Div 1 is poor or not????

By that I meant consistancy in results, not quality throughout their side. Azzuri are consistant, hence why they are top and should eventually run out winners. Everyone else is scrapping it out because we all have the ability to beat each other. The reason non of us are running away with it is because we're bad at stringing results together.
Back to top Go down
LINEKER

LINEKER

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 9:18 am

LDA 1 -2 CPR

Another good game against LDA, first half we could have been out of sight, scoring 2 and hitting the bar & post along with other chances. Good finishes from Danny McNulty and Andy Burton.

2nd half started the same hitting the bar again before LDA pulled on back. After that for the last 20 LDA had lots of possesion and pressure without creating too many clear cut chances, we had chances on the break to seal it. Last 5 mins was all LDA but we weathered the storm well to earn a deserved win.

Good bunch of lads LDA, enjoy a decent bit of banter, look forward to playing them again, the league is getting tighter now. Should be a good end to the season in Div 5
Back to top Go down
Wayne - NRFC RTM

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

[quote="Hubble1980"]
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:

Just wanna thank Azzuri for the game yesterday good bunch and will deserve the league title just sorry we couldn't put up more of a battle yesterday, think we dragged them down to our level in the end & they had the game wrapped up by half time even if we had a couple of chances to take the lead in the 1st half after Azzuri took the lead but Clarkey hit the bar with 1 and the keeper made a top save of the other. We had quite a few missing yesterday & had a couple of our young reserves helping out. The players are looking forward to the end of the season and expect us to get dropped down a couple of divisions, think we've got a result in us still this season if we can get everyone available but working with a small squad isn't helping as there is a lot of quality in Division 1 this season.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 6:04 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Polska 2 Fairfield 3.

Going to be a bit controversial here: Fairfield are NOT pothunters, but just seem to have put together a collection of players that are very capable of winning games, although was pleased to see that Leon Doughty was missing! We went 2-0 up and seemed to be quite cosy, but conceded a goal just before half time that proved to be very costly. We lost Lukasz at half time to injury and then Prezemyslaw 10 minutes into the second half which really changed the whole complexion of the game. With our 2 best players off, Fairfield took their chances and had a good 15 minute spell when we were on the ropes. We rallied at the end and I thought we might nick one but it wasn't to be. Will be very interested to see how they do v MDH next week.

It was a decent game given the conditions I thought, Our scorers were Jake Wain, Adam Tester and Mitch Warner. We had the bare 11 this week, its a good job we have a big squad! We had only 4 of the starters from the win against Car breakers and had to play our manager in the middle of the park. Last week we had our whole strike force out this week was the whole defence. We have not had one game yet where we have had a strongest group of players.

I thought we played some really nice football at times considering the boggy pitch. Polska were two up after half hour or so from two mistakes on our part and although we controlled long parts of the play we didn't really look like scoring until Mitch nicked one just before half time. We were better second half and were 3-2 up with 25 to go. I still thought we controlled the game for the most part but they had a succession of corners that we dealt with quite well.

I have said this before, they are a good set of lads, but let themselves down by diving and screaming when hardly touched. I know it is a cultural thing, but it does wind people up. I think they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 6:07 pm

[quote="Wayne - NRFC RTM"]
Hubble1980 wrote:
BUSFC Zack wrote:
Plough new boy wrote:

Just wanna thank Azzuri for the game yesterday good bunch and will deserve the league title just sorry we couldn't put up more of a battle yesterday, think we dragged them down to our level in the end & they had the game wrapped up by half time even if we had a couple of chances to take the lead in the 1st half after Azzuri took the lead but Clarkey hit the bar with 1 and the keeper made a top save of the other. We had quite a few missing yesterday & had a couple of our young reserves helping out. The players are looking forward to the end of the season and expect us to get dropped down a couple of divisions, think we've got a result in us still this season if we can get everyone available but working with a small squad isn't helping as there is a lot of quality in Division 1 this season.

I don't think you dragged us Down at all mate ad I'd say you were the better team for first 30 mins! You battled hard throughout the entire game! We commented on how young somebody your lads were but if your more experienced lads are going to drop out at short notice then you will be better of with those you g lad as they showed a lot of commitment yesterday! I also thought you played some good football throughout the match, especially down your left side I think it was!

Top bunch at niffy yesterday, wish you all the best for rest of the season mate
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
AFC Royal Oak 9-1 FCCOL

Very comfortable morning today! Thanks to Mivan for ruining our pitch last week, should of called it off for us Smile can't see it being up to much kop next week!
First half we hardly got out of second gear and could of been going in at half time 8-1 up but for some lacklustre finishing. Instead it was 3-1 and we thought one more goal would kill the game off which we soon got! FCCOL then stopped defending and if it wasn't for the big lad who moved in at the back to defend on his jack jones it could of been alot more!
Thankfully no hoof free kicks from Mr Byrne today! Was taken off free kick duty after claiming last weeks total fluke! :p
Man of the match performance from Jay Oliver who didn't stop running also bagging through a tackle that went in!
Another Semi Final to look forward to but will be hoping to go one better in this one but will be tough!

Unlucky to White Eagles today giving Glenfield a run for their money!

Also division 6 results couldn't of gone any better for us! Who'd of thought Mivan and Royalist would lose and Aylestone would also drop points?!? We have a lot of games in hand but has left it wide open!

Also a Big up to Hat & Beaver getting their first win today! Played lads!

... Well done Oak on another semi place, hope you get to final, you deserve it lads !! ... No problems ruining the pitch ... our pleasure ..lol... but looking at scoreline may be it helped ??? .. Wink ... and were at home this week ..!! lol! ...

All results going your way Sad ... could not agree more ... looking like a crazy second half to the season .. !!!
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

LFC for Life !! wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
AFC Royal Oak 9-1 FCCOL

Very comfortable morning today! Thanks to Mivan for ruining our pitch last week, should of called it off for us Smile can't see it being up to much kop next week!
First half we hardly got out of second gear and could of been going in at half time 8-1 up but for some lacklustre finishing. Instead it was 3-1 and we thought one more goal would kill the game off which we soon got! FCCOL then stopped defending and if it wasn't for the big lad who moved in at the back to defend on his jack jones it could of been alot more!
Thankfully no hoof free kicks from Mr Byrne today! Was taken off free kick duty after claiming last weeks total fluke! :p
Man of the match performance from Jay Oliver who didn't stop running also bagging through a tackle that went in!
Another Semi Final to look forward to but will be hoping to go one better in this one but will be tough!

Unlucky to White Eagles today giving Glenfield a run for their money!

Also division 6 results couldn't of gone any better for us! Who'd of thought Mivan and Royalist would lose and Aylestone would also drop points?!? We have a lot of games in hand but has left it wide open!

Also a Big up to Hat & Beaver getting their first win today! Played lads!

... Well done Oak on another semi place, hope you get to final, you deserve it lads !! ... No problems ruining the pitch ... our pleasure ..lol... but looking at scoreline may be it helped ??? .. Wink ... and were at home this week ..!! lol! ...

All results going your way Sad ... could not agree more ... looking like a crazy second half to the season .. !!!

And as if it wasnt ruined enough... 6 of our next 8 games ar at HOME!.. I dread to think how many home games Oak still have left too.

The pitch is going to be 2 foot deeper than the rest of the field at this rate lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 17 February   Banter -  17 February - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 17 February
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next