Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for 27th February

Go down 
+21
Coley21
gattuso
riley
Blackie
dezza
Skeems
Gordon
Duane
Hellboy
greeeedy
NiffyA
bpmsmurf
Fieldy
AHC
Ramley_LBFC
Jenko
king of the chavs
mowmacre fc
dan_mitchell_WRFC
fozzi
Aussie Owl
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for 27th February Empty
PostSubject: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 7:54 am

Did you play?
Did you watch?
What did you think of the game?

Last edited by Assistant Secretary on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 11:41 am

Ac Wigston Vs Oadby Athletic Postponed.

Phone call off James at 10.20 confirmed Oadby Athletic could not get a team together. Sad
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:51 pm

North Kilworth Sunday 14-2 Wigston Rangers
Dan Mitchell 2
North Kilworth are far too good for this division, absolutely destroyed us today. Tried to take the game to them, ended up conceding 3 in quick succession, game over, they were queuing up for goals, could have been in the 20's. Can't see anyone stopping them winning division 6.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 2:06 pm

We beat countes royals 2-1. What a game to be involved in we we're under cosh from first minute royals really a quality team and have lots off comments for them I can see how they got this far. We grinded out the 2-1 maybe they shoul off got leveler but we defended so well think our defence deserved the win. Cheers royals for the battle good luck lads rest season
Back to top Go down
king of the chavs

king of the chavs

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 2:08 pm

keeper david sills the hoskins hero today saved a peno early doors at 0-0 and a great stop towards the end when royals were piling it on us at 2-1 great cuptie not much too choose between the sides on the day.good finishes for makke adams two goals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/fchoskins
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 2:19 pm

Yeah i think it was a very close game today with us perhaps having a couple more chances
Your keeper played very well and i think the main difference was makke took his chances with 2 quality finishes and we didnt
Good luck to Hoskins in the semi final and the league
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 2:49 pm

good win for the harrow 2v0 just need to play like this every week get a bit of form going man of the match the vet at left back
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 2:52 pm

Little Bowden 4-5 FC Kibworth

Simon Barby (2)
Dave MacDougall (2)

Bowden 4-1 up at half time, then we pressed the self destruct button for the second time this season. I have to say though that Kibworth were very indisciplined today. Two really dangerous tackles taking two Bowden players out of the game. Both went unpunished. When on the back foot they play really dirty. Can't see why they need to do it either, when they actually played football they were great.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
AHC

AHC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

Ramley_LBFC wrote:

Simon Barby (2)
Dave MacDougall (2)

Bowden 4-1 up at half time, then we pressed the self destruct button for the second time this season. I have to say though that Kibworth were very indisciplined today. Two really dangerous tackles taking two Bowden players out of the game. Both went unpunished. When on the back foot they play really dirty. <b>Can't see why they need to do it either,</b> when they actually played football they were great.

because it upsets teams like you and gets them wins!
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:14 pm

AHC wrote:
Ramley_LBFC wrote:

Simon Barby (2)
Dave MacDougall (2)

Bowden 4-1 up at half time, then we pressed the self destruct button for the second time this season. I have to say though that Kibworth were very indisciplined today. Two really dangerous tackles taking two Bowden players out of the game. Both went unpunished. When on the back foot they play really dirty. <b>Can't see why they need to do it either,</b> when they actually played football they were great.

because it upsets teams like you and gets them wins! !

But we don't need to cheat to win. Or play dirty. But I suppose you are right, if they can get away with it and it gets them wins then they will keep doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:28 pm

shepp1807 wrote:
good win for the harrow 2v0 just need to play like this every week get a bit of form going man of the match the vet at left back
[u]

Cheers, will give you the tenner next week
Back to top Go down
bpmsmurf

bpmsmurf

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Little Bowden 4 FC Kibworth 5 HT 4-1 (Quality shone through!)
Joe Moult
Lee Barton
Nathan Murphy
Adam Perkins
Tom Bradley-Smith
Mud Bath = Ruined Pitch = 2nd half fightback richly deserved.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:54 pm

Niffy a 9-1 Swapo
Jay Smith 4
Michael Andrews 2
Tom Tinney
Ryan Chadburn
Luke Johnson

Game played in really good spirit, swapo were a few short on players this week and really seemed a little down about it. Didn't help that we scored a steady flow of goals and probably could of scored a few more. Defensively we were strong, and offensive we were clinical. Special mention to the ref who had a great game, seemed to understand the conditions have an effect on challenges from both sides. Kept the cards away which is always good for club finances Wink

Could have done with Bowden holding on to the win, or draw!! Shame really!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 4:17 pm

bullies 5 - 2 prem

good game deserved win for us today mobbs put us 1-0 up with a great half volley on the turn then a bad mistake cost us to make it 1-1 altho the finish was top drawer (chipped the goalie) then some defending periods gave them a few corners at which they were dangerous on the 3rd they managed to score ian da' costa with a header at the far post. after that i thought we dominated the rest of the half and got a deserved goal ebony asanti with the finish after a bit of a goal mouth scramble. 2-2 ht. swecond half came and from the off i thought there was only ever going to be 1 winner but the goal didnt come untill 15-20 mins in pearson with the finish a one on one then a failed clearance from ben 3 mins after nearly put them back in it but for for a great save to the bottom right corner from glen. 1 way traffic after that really pearson with another goal and nathan kewmoss well had their defender on toast and lobbed the goalie for a the best goal of the game great solo effort. couldve been more to be fair but none the less a decent game on a terrible pitch. cheers to the prem lads a good side and very passionate like us which made the banter great good luck prem in the remaining games.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:12 pm

First point of the season for Wigston United, well done....
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:17 pm

Do the postponed Billy Walton matches get played next week now,.?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:22 pm

As always, issues regarding fixtures require referring to James
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:26 pm

there's no issue,..just a question,..!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:37 pm

greeeedy wrote:
bullies 5 - 2 prem

good game deserved win for us today mobbs put us 1-0 up with a great half volley on the turn then a bad mistake cost us to make it 1-1 altho the finish was top drawer (chipped the goalie) then some defending periods gave them a few corners at which they were dangerous on the 3rd they managed to score ian da' costa with a header at the far post. after that i thought we dominated the rest of the half and got a deserved goal ebony asanti with the finish after a bit of a goal mouth scramble. 2-2 ht. swecond half came and from the off i thought there was only ever going to be 1 winner but the goal didnt come untill 15-20 mins in pearson with the finish a one on one then a failed clearance from ben 3 mins after nearly put them back in it but for for a great save to the bottom right corner from glen. 1 way traffic after that really pearson with another goal and nathan kewmoss well had their defender on toast and lobbed the goalie for a the best goal of the game great solo effort. couldve been more to be fair but none the less a decent game on a terrible pitch. cheers to the prem lads a good side and very passionate like us which made the banter great good luck prem in the remaining games.

Our manager watched you boys today, apparently first twenty minutes or so thought you guys were ok but nothing out of the ordinary, then apparently you started to turn it on and he left well impressed with your boys....great result for you guys and bodes well for cup progress and maybe a tilt at the title next season
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:41 pm

Quote :
Our manager watched you boys today, apparently first twenty minutes or so thought you guys were ok but nothing out of the ordinary, then apparently you started to turn it on and he left well impressed with your boys....great result for you guys and bodes well for cup progress and maybe a tilt at the title next season

Definitely agree with that, I think its now time to stop talking about the big 3 as its now the Big 4!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:46 pm

GT 2-2 Magna 73 Rangers

After last weeks debarcle it was important for us to put in a performance and I think we did that. Both teams were so evenly matched a draw was a fair result.

We did hit the bar and then the post in the 2nd half and could have won it but we will take the point against a good GT side.

The post incident was bizarre, James Pearce hit the post, the ball rolled across the goal line, Cole jumped on it and the ref said goal!! They obviously protested, it was never over the line, even our strikers said so and the ref then changed his mind after cosultation with the lino

Sporting Highcross next week, a big game
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 5:56 pm

Sporting highcross 3 v 3 wigston utd

Pleased with a point today as only had 10 men for the entire game and that's with me playing in goal aswell.....were let down by 7 lads today for one excuse or another, I think they are just too soft for a rainy february morning. Proud of the lads that did play though as they put a proper shift in and some of there "team mates" could do with showing the same commitment!!

Our goals came from louis finney-neckles 2, one of which was audacious top corner finish!! Dean edwards got the other to equalise!! We were 2-0 up at half time then all credit to wigston utd they came at us and thoroughly deserved to get something out of the game they played really well.

Ref was quality today aswell!!

Well done bullies on your win today!!! Can't wait to play you in 2 weeks haha seriously though its good to see someone else mixing it up there other than the big 3!! Proves you were right with your confidence earlier on in the season when everyone was doubting
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 7:42 pm

Birstall Rangers 3 v EFC 6

We still seem to have a hangover from losing on pens in the county cup semi to Saff Lounge, we just haven't been the same since. I'm sure I saw one of the MDH lads watching today too, i guess he won't be too worried!!

Fair play to EFC, take nothing away from them they fully deserved the win. Reece was different class today, think he got 5 of their 6 goals and at times was unplayable.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 11:39 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Definitely agree with that, I think its now time to stop talking about the big 3 as its now the Big 4!

prem had a few missing aswell tho today. that bully i think he was bad miss as he murdered us last time.
a big test will be next week cus advance do it properly week in week out and with good players its why theyve been so good over the years if ur not on form they'll bury u. i just hope we can match them and give them a battle whoever wins
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 7:44 am

magna 2 - bakers 2

ive been ruled out for the season so have been just watching in recent weeks and we had been very poor!! but they were brilliant yesterday the best ive seen us play all season i really dont know how we didnt win the game!! we hit the post 3 times there keeper made about 8 1on1 saves and they broke twice abd scored twice!!!

if we carry on playing like this the wins will start rolling in again
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 8:42 am

riley wrote:
magna 2 - bakers 2

ive been ruled out for the season so have been just watching in recent weeks and we had been very poor!! but they were brilliant yesterday the best ive seen us play all season i really dont know how we didnt win the game!! we hit the post 3 times there keeper made about 8 1on1 saves and they broke twice abd scored twice!!!

good result for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coley21

Coley21

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 8:57 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
GT 2-2 Magna 73 Rangers

The post incident was bizarre, James Pearce hit the post, the ball rolled across the goal line, Cole jumped on it and the ref said goal!! They obviously protested, it was never over the line, even our strikers said so and the ref then changed his mind after cosultation with the lino

You could of mentioned the point blank save that tipped it on to the post Razz......was a decent game just a shame about the state of the pitch, western park at its best once again
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 9:08 am

I went to watch Bullshead V Prem sports today and I must admit there was a lot of quality on show and it was a great game to watch with Bullshead pretty much over powering Prem sports all over the pitch.

Very impressed in the speed and power in which the bullies broke, at times they had 4 or 5 players running at 2 or 3 Prem players in the sheer quality in which they turned defence into attack, thought they were good for a few more goals too, the front 2 of Mobbs and Asanti caused Prem a shed load of trouble and with a guy called Pearson joining them from Midfield were very dangerous, there was also a Ginger haired lad in midfield who I thought was the best player on the pitch, he was immense.

After watching Bullshead yesterday I have no doubt if they can keep that kind of perfomance up will be more than a match for Advance next week, infact I actually think they can probably beat Advance after yesterdays showing.

Good luck to Bullies next week and I feel there might be a shift in power in the very near future.

Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 9:08 am

gattuso wrote:
riley wrote:
magna 2 - bakers 2

good result for us Very Happy

Yes Denty, best one we could have hoped for really.
Back to top Go down
NKBomber

NKBomber

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 10:29 am

Kilworth 14-2 Wigston
Unfortunately we lost Richard Brown to injury very early on, but we managed to re-group and get the 3 points we needed. He better get fit soon.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 11:52 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Ginger haired lad in midfield who I thought was the best player on the pitch, he was immense.

Good luck to Bullies next week and I feel there might be a shift in power in the very near future.

Greeeeedy????????????
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 12:10 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
I went to watch Bullshead V Prem sports today and I must admit there was a lot of quality on show and it was a great game to watch with Bullshead pretty much over powering Prem sports all over the pitch.

Very impressed in the speed and power in which the bullies broke, at times they had 4 or 5 players running at 2 or 3 Prem players in the sheer quality in which they turned defence into attack, thought they were good for a few more goals too, the front 2 of Mobbs and Asanti caused Prem a shed load of trouble and with a guy called Pearson joining them from Midfield were very dangerous, there was also a Ginger haired lad in midfield who I thought was the best player on the pitch, he was immense.

After watching Bullshead yesterday I have no doubt if they can keep that kind of perfomance up will be more than a match for Advance next week, infact I actually think they can probably beat Advance after yesterdays showing.

the ginger lad is nathan kewmoss and yes hes a very good player when hes not been out all saturday night Laughing his goal was absolute top class from the run to turning the defender inside out and then chipping the goalie. the pitch was terrible and stopped anything of real quality malc i feel we couldve maybe had more on another day too but happy with the win all the same.
Back to top Go down
WUFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 1:37 pm

Hellboy wrote:
First point of the season for Wigston United, well done....

thanks hell boy - didnt know you cared... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 2:04 pm

i'm always caring, especially for the teams that are not always on top.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 2:07 pm

Apart from them New Road Inner's......having said that, i knew them when they were nothing on this forum, now look at them, strutting their stuff.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 2:31 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Apart from them New Road Inner's......having said that, i knew them when they were nothing on this forum, now look at them, strutting their stuff.....

All for you!!! flower Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 9:26 pm

not care for the royals then hellboy?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:28 am

riley wrote:
magna 2 - bakers 2

Cheers mate, felt bit like a defeat to be honest, think everyone had a chance to score yday just wasnt happening...story of 2011 so far. Hope we continue the form got big games in March which could help decide the title! hope it means you will be coming still Mr.Riley Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 9:59 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
riley wrote:
magna 2 - bakers 2

Cheers mate, felt bit like a defeat to be honest, think everyone had a chance to score yday just wasnt happening...story of 2011 so far. Hope we continue the form got big games in March which could help decide the title! hope it means you will be coming still Mr.Riley Smile

keep playing like that and ill watch every week it was worth getting soaking wet
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 10:53 am

Royals no1 wrote:
not care for the royals then hellboy?
No
I'm working on it... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 27th February   Banter for 27th February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for 27th February
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next