Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Leagues double standards.

Go down 
+23
NUGENT.
Saviour
sol sol bamba
Fieldy
Jimmyb
johnmeode
mowmacre fc
Skeems
Sparta3
CalamityScouse
Aussie Owl
Hellboy
Gordon
Fishandchips
tysmith c.n.f.c
hotshot66
Polska legend II
Widds
spartamoshdock
Jedster
rocket ledge
Bucko
oily
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NUGENT.

Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

So Gordon or the league made a mistake. Nothing is perfect and mistakes are made.

Webbys are justified in feeling peeved off but I do not think it serves their interest to leave the alliance. Teams from other leagues are looking to come here while they threaten to leave. LSL makes mistake after mistake, charnwood teams dont even know there table positions or who they are playing. Why would webbys want to leave and join that. I just hope the pts deduction does not have a bearing on relegation or promotion. Hopefully when webbys calm down they decide to stay.

Lets remember the good points of this League as mistakes are always highlighted and jumped on. We are lucky to have a regular updated website with all information that clubs need, and a good forum, speak to clubs in the charnwood league regarding this matter.

Remember Gordon works very hard and spends a lot of time for us. He also travels from Nottinghamshire where lets face it teams are mostly located in Leicester to South Leicestershire. James does at least double the amount of fixtures the other fixture secretaries need to sort out.

Mistakes are made, its learning from them whats important and I reckon the league has.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 4:23 pm

WIDDS!!!! if you were perfect like me, you would never have any of these problems. Wink
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 5:39 pm

I don't necessarily think the Fairfield saga is considered a 'mistake'.

What some people aren't getting is that those clubs given leniency had truly exceptional circumstances. I for one have already said that I don't think Sunday teams should be full of Saturday players, but then again a majority of all players probably play Saturdays as well so we like it or lump it. But the decision was done with a keen eye on seeing local football clubs possibly land a pay day bonanza. Any club could do with an extra 5 grand!

So my point is these were exceptional circumstances, and Friday night fixtures were knocked on the head right at the start of the season - it's not like a title win or relegation dogfight was riding on it.

This is not the same as cancelling a fixture when you are fully into a season. I think it's an easy excuse now to bash the league for this, and it will certainly rear its head again when the next set of fixtures are broken and clubs are fined. But we are not comparing like for like.

If anything, I think the one thing that should come out of this is that we should do away with Friday fixtures all together.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 6:33 pm

Mistake? - I made a decision in good faith. I have explained my reasons behind why I made my decision, which was taken in response to requests from the clubs involved.

Some agreed with it, some disagreed - that's a matter of your opinion
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:36 pm

Wcb no points deducting in the cup 4 cancelling a game against thurmaston, heard it was just a £20 fine
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:39 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Wcb no points deducting in the cup 4 cancelling a game against thurmaston, heard it was just a £20 fine
Clubs do not have league points deducted for postponing a League game. Also you heard wrongly about the fine.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:45 pm

Bucko wrote:
The league has there fav teams the rest just have to plod along enough said

Haha you're a tit
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:55 pm

This thread is getting beyond a joke and some posts here, some of which have been deleted, are beginning to make those officers who are putting in an incredible amount of voluntaryt time feel as though they would rather be elsewhere.

If you want to turn away those who have made this league the best in the County, then keep making your ill informed derogatory comments.

I can assure you that since the league was started in 1972 there has never been any intentional favouritism of any club. Yes, not everyone agrees with all decisions made, but remember this is a public Forum for all to see.

If you do not like the way the league is run you have three options

1. Let the League Committee know via your club secretary or at the A G M
2. Apply to join the League Committee and start making making a contribution towards running the league
3. Play in a different league either as a player or as a club.

The choice is yours.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

Widds wrote:
Bucko wrote:
The league has there fav teams the rest just have to plod along enough said

Haha you're a tit

haha ditto

Last edited by Bucko on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:04 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Polingtons wrote:
Clubs do not have league points deducted for postponing a League game. Also you heard wrongly about the fine.

Have u wrote that right, they called a game off in the group game in the authur moore, and dnt get deducted points, so there just gonna call it off again if they dnt get there full team out, lets hope they go on 2 win it,
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:14 pm

See

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Tables/Tables%202012-2013/Tables_Arthur_Moore_12_13.html

The Alliance Discipline Committee meets monthly, because each case is considered by a sub-committee of members not associated with a club. The site is not updated until the club secretaries have been formally notified.

This is a good example of ill informed posts to which I referred in my earlier post.

I do appreciate that this Forum is here to encourage debate between Alliance supporters but some of our users are being counter-productive by jumping to conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

Misinformed - Wigston Car Breakers have had 1 Moore Cup point deducted for a postponement, in addition to a fine

Look at the website - Tables - Arthur Moore Cup

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Tables/Tables%202012-2013/Tables_Arthur_Moore_12_13.html
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:23 pm

Ok gordon, just wanted the rules the same 4 all teams,
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Ok gordon, just wanted the rules the same 4 all teams,

Doesn't your team want other teams thrown out of competitions, for not being able to put a side out?
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

They cld of put a side out, just there best players wernt there, wld u be quite happy 2 c teams call games off when they cnt get a good side out, go unpunished then go on 2 win the competition
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 2:52 pm

I'll take that as a yes then.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

If it was a straight knockout they wld thrown out, so whats the difference when its a group game
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:08 pm

I guess the group is classed as a league therefore league rules apply until knockout stages when cup rules apply

There if a side causes a postponement in the league element of the cup, I would expect a point deduction plus fine

If it was in the knockout stages I would expect them to be removed from the comp

Of course this is subject to FA input and league to prove a club guilty first. All decisions have to follow a process which can take some weeks. Remember committee members or most have jobs too!!

The time delay can sometimes give the impression nothing has been done. Rest assured this is not the case regardless of team
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:09 pm

Polingtons wrote:
If it was a straight knockout they wld thrown out, so whats the difference when its a group game

Because its not a straight knockout!!!!!!!!! You and Bucko should have a conversation some time...seriosly struggling to comprehend things aren't ya!
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

Bucko is one on his own, all i was saying widds wcb hadnt had a points deduction which they now have so theres no problem, sure u wld want them 2 have a points deduction if they had called ur game off
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:29 pm

They have been deducted a point for the Cup game so your information is incorrect
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

Widds wrote:
Polingtons wrote:

Because its not a straight knockout!!!!!!!!! You and Bucko should have a conversation some time...seriosly struggling to comprehend things aren't ya!

BORING WIDDS
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:44 pm

My information is not incorrect, i was asking bout the cup game, not bothered what they do in the league thats up 2 other teams in there league 2 have a moan about, ive got a answer 2 the initial point i was making, they have had the point deducted 4 the group game
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:52 pm

Is there a point to this topic
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:53 pm

Not if your WCB I suppose
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 3:55 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Bucko is one on his own, all i was saying widds wcb hadnt had a points deduction which they now have so theres no problem, sure u wld want them 2 have a points deduction if they had called ur game off

Fair play bud...at least you are reasoning your point...no worries
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 4:00 pm

I think the only problem is the timescale between offence and actual punishment, at harrow last year I knew we were going to get 2pts deducted although the lads kept ringing to say they thought we had been let off as weeks had gone by and still no deduction, it actually took about 4-5 weeks due to various meetings etc etc. there was no team better than the old harrow at getting point deductions, fines and being thrown out cups although this all happened prior to me being Sec (just thought I'd add that, lol).
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 4:03 pm

Lol, come and do ours fieldy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 4:32 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Polingtons wrote:

Have u wrote that right, they called a game off in the group game in the authur moore, and dnt get deducted points, so there just gonna call it off again if they dnt get there full team out, lets hope they go on 2 win it,

as I say - information incorrect. 1 pt deducted Arthur Moore cup
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Polingtons wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Polingtons wrote:

In fairness Mark I think the comments were made prior to the actual showing of the point deduction on the site
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 5:33 pm

Widds wrote:
Polingtons wrote:

Yeah Bucko, have a word, lol.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

Fieldy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Polingtons wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Polingtons wrote:

In fairness Mark I think the comments were made prior to the actual showing of the point deduction on the site

I think that's one of the big problems...this has already got four pages of comments about a decision that hasn't even been considered yet...i reckon this league runs bloody well to be honest and us mortals should just make sure we get a team out, play the game and leave the running of the league to the Alliance gods!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

Fieldy wrote:
Is there a point to this topic

Yes, double standards abound. Wink
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 9:02 am

johnmeode wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
Having just logged in again for the first time today, I cannot believe that this topic has been brought up again.

Rocket ledge - It seems that if a rule doesn't suit you then it is wrong. Do you know the rule about calling your opponent sec and referee before a home game? As it seems that one might have been forgotten when we played you! Lucky we and the ref even turned up!

At the end of the day when we asked for our game to be cancelled I presented the facts to the league and they accepted it was a valid reason, in my opinion lads are going away and we cant get a side out, giving only two weeks notice isn't valid, especially after having admitted you did something about it too late!

One thing I will agree on is if you get fined and points deduction then so should Saff Lounge as they did the exact same thing.

Just my humble opinion

we got the same as webbys and the reason i disagree with it is because teams like yourselves gave a couple of days notice while we gave 2 weeks, as for ringing you to confirm games, there was too much stress on my head from the fallout after our county cup game and i was very close to jacking it in, we got a fine for a late kick off in our county game because we travelled to the ground that was on the county website, noone rang us to say that the reserves play at a different ground to the 1st team, anyway thats gone now and all in all we lost a point for not playing you and we would have had a certain defeat, we played you the week after and tucked you up, 2 points gained for us and 3 points you didnt get

The week we played you we had no manager and at least 8 players out but we turned up and played, it seems your happy to cancel a game if you know you can't win it as its only one point dropped.

And you have the audacity to talk about right and wrong..... pathetic

nothing pathetic about it, i couldnt field a team because we only had about 4 players available, we obviously dont have as many signed on as your prem league squad that folds and reinvents itself
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 10:07 am

rocket ledge wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
Having just logged in again for the first time today, I cannot believe that this topic has been brought up again.

Rocket ledge - It seems that if a rule doesn't suit you then it is wrong. Do you know the rule about calling your opponent sec and referee before a home game? As it seems that one might have been forgotten when we played you! Lucky we and the ref even turned up!

At the end of the day when we asked for our game to be cancelled I presented the facts to the league and they accepted it was a valid reason, in my opinion lads are going away and we cant get a side out, giving only two weeks notice isn't valid, especially after having admitted you did something about it too late!

One thing I will agree on is if you get fined and points deduction then so should Saff Lounge as they did the exact same thing.

Just my humble opinion

we got the same as webbys and the reason i disagree with it is because teams like yourselves gave a couple of days notice while we gave 2 weeks, as for ringing you to confirm games, there was too much stress on my head from the fallout after our county cup game and i was very close to jacking it in, we got a fine for a late kick off in our county game because we travelled to the ground that was on the county website, noone rang us to say that the reserves play at a different ground to the 1st team, anyway thats gone now and all in all we lost a point for not playing you and we would have had a certain defeat, we played you the week after and tucked you up, 2 points gained for us and 3 points you didnt get

The week we played you we had no manager and at least 8 players out but we turned up and played, it seems your happy to cancel a game if you know you can't win it as its only one point dropped.

And you have the audacity to talk about right and wrong..... pathetic

nothing pathetic about it, i couldnt field a team because we only had about 4 players available, we obviously dont have as many signed on as your prem league squad that folds and reinvents itself

I have signed more players on to reduce the risk of us having to postpone a fixture at late notice its as simple as that. Makes sense doesnt it??

And as for the same old same old boring pot hunting line, I thought this was all put to bed when the old Throops committee came on here and said that wasnt the case. I have set this club up and I had nothing what so ever to do with throops.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 10:17 am

johnmeode wrote:
I have set this club up and I had nothing what so ever to do with throops.

AND.... i can vouch for that.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 10:28 am

Hellboy wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
I have set this club up and I had nothing what so ever to do with throops.

AND.... i can vouch for that.

AND,......so can I..
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 6:27 pm

Ok, I've stepped in and locked this topic again, as I did with the previous one as not only has it started with personal insults, but also gone completely off topic.

The other mods have tried to let this subject flow and allow constructive comments, but I no longer feel there is much else to add.

The Fairfield issue has been and gone, they have explained themselves, that is not going to change.

I haven't deleted the thread, I will leave it up, but next time this subject gets brought up, I will delete it without warning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leagues double standards.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3