Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Leagues double standards.

Go down 
+23
NUGENT.
Saviour
sol sol bamba
Fieldy
Jimmyb
johnmeode
mowmacre fc
Skeems
Sparta3
CalamityScouse
Aussie Owl
Hellboy
Gordon
Fishandchips
tysmith c.n.f.c
hotshot66
Polska legend II
Widds
spartamoshdock
Jedster
rocket ledge
Bucko
oily
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:00 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
Widds wrote:

Magna 73 (Kev Scheemer involved) - fined heavily, points deduction i believe, and the cost of washing the Advance Courier kit
NRI (Myself) - NRI fined and deducted points for a game in our first season, fined again for our reserves game last season. Numerous other fines incurred...
Webbys (Mary) - See this thread!!
!

You can add numerous fines for Trinderbox from last year when they were struggling for players badly, and Steve Kirk is the Vice Chairman. I think they had everything from insufficient players, no linesman, late kick off etc etc. Must have cost a small fortune..

If my memory serves me right, when John Buzzard was at Webbys they got kicked out of the cup along with a few other indiscipline problems.

The only person currently left is Mark Whait / Rob Crane and im pretty sure that Polska must have had some sort of fine in the past....Though I doubt it was a late press report Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Polska were fined about 5 years ago when we couldn't get a side out against Advance Couriers and had points deducted
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:01 pm

rocket ledge wrote:

1 rule for a team that hasnt been applied to another

we will let clubs who have players playing in the fa cup call games off but we wont let others who have genuine reasons to call games off

That is the current issue we are discussing, and it is generally felt by the majority of people (myself included) that the FA Cup Postponement decision was incorrect.

I was talking about any other example were an opposed "elite" club has been given leniency as you post eluded to there had been many cases.

Polska legend II wrote:

Polska were fined about 5 years ago when we couldn't get a side out against Advance Couriers and had points deducted

Running scared Mark lol! lol!

Last edited by CalamityScouse on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

aint we going round in circles here, just sounds like the thread from before.

we was meant to play wcb we had a full squad but they had so many in the fa cup the day beforehand which didn't bother us in the slightest as i we would of wanted the same thing to happen as we want our local clubs to do well in the fa cup.

Last edited by tysmith c.n.f.c on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

exactly right
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:04 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:

1 rule for a team that hasnt been applied to another

we will let clubs who have players playing in the fa cup call games off but we wont let others who have genuine reasons to call games off

That is the current issue we are discussing, and it is generally felt by the majority of people (myself included) that the FA Cup Postponement decision was incorrect.

I was talking about any other example were an opposed "elite" club has been given leniency as you post eluded to there had been many cases.

Polska legend II wrote:

Running scared Mark lol! lol!

i wasn't, 8 or 9 others were!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:26 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
aint we going round in circles here, just sounds like the thread from before.

Aint that what this whole forum is about, i'm just waitng for the pothunter, the cheating linos, and how awful the ref was, and we all moved together to be with our mates, and the stanno ball, and the ringers, and the whydo we have to play so early on a Sunday etc ...........just to name but a few, revolving topics, which we will all come across, again and again and again.

Most teams that come on here complaining about the rules, have themselves broke a few every now and then, it wont be the first time and it wont be the last. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

and the best left wingers
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

Quote :
Magna 73 (Kev Scheemer involv
ed)

IT'S SKEEMER Evil or Very Mad

This thread appears to be going round in Circles, we'll never convince the ones who are hell-bent on criticising the league otherwise no matter what is said.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 4:02 pm

The league I thought made it quite clear that the FA Cup incidents from the start of the season were a one off and from then on standard rules apply, whether people agreed with those decisions or not it was done and dusted it doesn't give other teams an excuse to bend the rules, two wrongs don't make a right.

some earlier posts suggesting the league should support long running well run teams more than others is contradictory to the entire thread, your saying the league should have double standards for these teams?

Holding the league to ransom with 'we'll fold unless we get our own way' will only make things worse in the long run if the league give in to these threats.

I can sympathise with the teams as they have obviously tried to cause as little disruption as possible by making their situatuion known as early as they did which is much more respectful than just not showing up on a Sunday morning, but the rules are in place for a reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 4:28 pm

Incidentally, simply not showing up on a Sunday morning can be very expensive because costs are incurred - ref/pitch/travel/kit washing, etc (as approved) apart from considerable aggro to the opponents and ref.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 4:39 pm

Reem Team are in for an expensive season then Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

i hope reem team dont fold they are decent team when they get everyone there we do have them in billy walton tho so if they cannot field a team i expect hoskins to ggo throu no b u l s h i t replay
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 5:58 pm

Widds wrote:
and the best left wingers

The most embarrassing topic/thread ever!!!!????

apart from this one.

the shortest in the shower?

Last edited by Hellboy on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 6:00 pm

Having just logged in again for the first time today, I cannot believe that this topic has been brought up again.

The FA Cup incident - I feel like we explained ourselves numerous times before, but here goes again, I called Mary at Webbys on the Sunday (the game was due on the following Friday) to ask if it could be moved if poss to the Wednesday, we had found out that day that all the lads who play Saturdays had been told they couldnt play less than 24 hours before a massive game such as the FA cup. Mary Said that it couldn't as lads were working away etc. I got no problem with that. I then spoke to the league and advised them of the prediciment, I was told it would be discussed and then someone got back to me. They got back to me on the Wednesday I think and said they would postpone it. I then called Mary and let her know. I thought I did all I could, I tried to get the game moved, but that couldnt happen (of course that is certainly not Webbys fault!) It was a game being played on a Friday, it was the only day that the Saturday players managers would not let them play on, just sods law that the game was set for that day.

I am sure that the league has learned lessons from this and something will be in place for next season.

While I feel for Webbys plight with this, they knew the league rules at the start of the season. Our manager has asked me a couple of times already this season if we could have a free week as its one of the lads birthdays etc and they'l be out all night, but I have said no, as we have not given the notice.

Rocket ledge - It seems that if a rule doesn't suit you then it is wrong. Do you know the rule about calling your opponent sec and referee before a home game? As it seems that one might have been forgotten when we played you! Lucky we and the ref even turned up!

At the end of the day when we asked for our game to be cancelled I presented the facts to the league and they accepted it was a valid reason, in my opinion lads are going away and we cant get a side out, giving only two weeks notice isn't valid, especially after having admitted you did something about it too late!

One thing I will agree on is if you get fined and points deduction then so should Saff Lounge as they did the exact same thing.

Just my humble opinion
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 6:04 pm

Humble but correct....
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

Yesterday, after reading this thread I was thinking that we at Fosse must be one of the leagues favourite teams. We had to cancel a game against Azzurri a few weeks back through lack of players and we'd heard nothing of any punishment. I assumed we'd been let off as it was the first game (to my knowledge) we'd cancelled in our 8 years in the alliance and we informed the league on the Monday before, coupled with the fact that the league managed to arrange other opposition for Azzurri.

Until this morning when our Sec received confirmation of a fine and points deduction! GIVE US OUR POINTS AND MONEY BACK ELSE WE WILL RESIGN FROM THE LEAGUE! Not really the right thing to do in my opinion. The rules are quite clear, if you break them then accept the consequences and move on. It's frustrating that sometimes teams seem to have the rules bent for them but these are special cases and if league officials accept the reasons behind a cancellation then so be it.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 10:46 pm

Johnmeode - I maybe mistaken but I can't see any apparent criticism aimed at your boys, I certainly hope I didn't give that impression. I think you have explained yourself in the past, some people didn't like your reasoning, some thought it valid. I personally didn't care why the postponement was caused, I thought it should go down the normal postponement route. Not because I dislike your club (I don't have any feelings either way to be honest), or because it was your club involved. But because I very much feared this situation. We have now. Where they say if they did it, why can't we.

Thats what this thread is more about the fact that there is a perceived inconsistency in the way a couple of very similar situations have been dealt with from a league point of view.

I can't see what possible measures the league can put in place to allow for Saturday league factors, such as the FA cup, to impact Sunday league football. Especially ones that didn't cause a load more work or that were easily open to abuse. if anybody has any ideas, I'm sure they would be interested to hear them.

I think JimmyB's last sentence sums up the situation perfectly.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 11:23 pm

Sunday league football is affected by Saturday league football when Sunday league football is played on Friday night's.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 6:21 am

I'll pay the bloody fine.

People are making it seem larger or greater than it actually is.

Man up....FFS..

Play football, enjoy, always look on the bright side of life, its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both sides are right...my opinion.

Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 8:39 am

johnmeode wrote:
Sunday league football is affected by Saturday league football when Sunday league football is played on Friday night's.

Not disputing that, I agree. But you could also say that a Sunday game impacts a Tuesday game (aren't cup games in Saturday league played on Tuesdays early in the season)

My question was how would you possible put measures in place to stop a similar situation happening in the future as you eluded to in your early post, you said the league would implement something to stop it happening next season.

If you started to make allowances for teams who had Saturday league players, especially a written rule, I could easily see that system being abused. There are other question to consider as well, such as what level of Saturday league would it cover?

I know the obvious answer is the FA Cup only. It's a fair point, but then just how many players would you have to have involved? Surely a team would try to make a case if even just 1 was missing.

Who's responsibility is it to prove that a player registered to a Sunday club is indeed registered to a team involved in an FA Cup game?

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 9:03 am

johnmeode wrote:

Not trying to drag this out meode but, as a side note, you do get the choice of Wednesday or Friday. Obviously too late to help with this incident but maybe next year you could let James know that Wednesdays are preferable Wink
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 9:46 am

Pitiful, do they cry this much when they lose a game?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 9:51 am

CalamityScouse wrote:
johnmeode wrote:
Not disputing that, I agree. But you could also say that a Sunday game impacts a Tuesday game (aren't cup games in Saturday league played on Tuesdays early in the season)

This is the best comedy iv'e ever read on a Friday, which started on a Tuesday, and looks like it'll carry on till Sunday, and it should definitely be over by Xmas, its turned in to a young ones episode, you'll all be hitting each other with big frying pans next.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:04 am

Hellboy wrote:

Man up....FFS..

Play football, enjoy, always look on the bright side of life, its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha it comes to something when Hellboy is the voice of sense and reason...

£10 fine per player...job done...as EA Sports say...ITS IN THE GAME
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

Sparta3 wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

Not trying to drag this out meode but, as a side note, you do get the choice of Wednesday or Friday. Obviously too late to help with this incident but maybe next year you could let James know that Wednesdays are preferable Wink

Yeah I know that now Nathan, being a new sec I didn't know that you could do that, and we were never offered a choice.

Your so naive.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

johnmeode wrote:
Having just logged in again for the first time today, I cannot believe that this topic has been brought up again.

Rocket ledge - It seems that if a rule doesn't suit you then it is wrong. Do you know the rule about calling your opponent sec and referee before a home game? As it seems that one might have been forgotten when we played you! Lucky we and the ref even turned up!

At the end of the day when we asked for our game to be cancelled I presented the facts to the league and they accepted it was a valid reason, in my opinion lads are going away and we cant get a side out, giving only two weeks notice isn't valid, especially after having admitted you did something about it too late!

One thing I will agree on is if you get fined and points deduction then so should Saff Lounge as they did the exact same thing.

Just my humble opinion

we got the same as webbys and the reason i disagree with it is because teams like yourselves gave a couple of days notice while we gave 2 weeks, as for ringing you to confirm games, there was too much stress on my head from the fallout after our county cup game and i was very close to jacking it in, we got a fine for a late kick off in our county game because we travelled to the ground that was on the county website, noone rang us to say that the reserves play at a different ground to the 1st team, anyway thats gone now and all in all we lost a point for not playing you and we would have had a certain defeat, we played you the week after and tucked you up, 2 points gained for us and 3 points you didnt get
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 11:58 am

Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Man up....FFS..

Some forum members are so naive these days, cant believe people are still chatting about this, it must be the most boringest Friday on record. silent
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 12:58 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Man up....FFS..

Some forum members are so naive these days, cant believe people are still chatting about this, it must be the most boringest Friday on record. silent
[u]

It wasn't, then you started posting lol!
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:09 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
johnmeode wrote:

Just my humble opinion

we got the same as webbys and the reason i disagree with it is because teams like yourselves gave a couple of days notice while we gave 2 weeks, as for ringing you to confirm games, there was too much stress on my head from the fallout after our county cup game and i was very close to jacking it in, we got a fine for a late kick off in our county game because we travelled to the ground that was on the county website, noone rang us to say that the reserves play at a different ground to the 1st team, anyway thats gone now and all in all we lost a point for not playing you and we would have had a certain defeat, we played you the week after and tucked you up, 2 points gained for us and 3 points you didnt get

The week we played you we had no manager and at least 8 players out but we turned up and played, it seems your happy to cancel a game if you know you can't win it as its only one point dropped.

And you have the audacity to talk about right and wrong..... pathetic
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:12 pm

now its getting interesting
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:13 pm

Ps me calling Nathan naive is actually a private joke from when he played for me at beesknees.

Nathan is a actually a top bloke and one of the good guys. In fact I hope he gets elected to the league committee as he talks nothing but sense
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

johnmeode wrote:
Ps me calling Nathan naive is actually a private joke from when he played for me at beesknees.

Nathan is a actually a top bloke and one of the good guys. In fact I hope he gets elected to the league committee as he talks nothing but sense

awwwww Laughing Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:17 pm

by the way, any team cancelling further fixtures get their points deductions doubled for each subsequent offence. it isnt just one point at a time
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:25 pm

i would stone them
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 6:17 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
by the way, any team cancelling further fixtures get their points deductions doubled for each subsequent offence. it isnt just one point at a time

What about the fine, surely that should double everytime up too?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 8:29 pm

It doesn't double but it escalates for a subsequent postponement.
Back to top Go down
sol sol bamba

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

DON;T BREAK THE RULES AND U WON;T GET FINED
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 10:43 am

Bucko wrote:
Totally agree with u mate,ive always said some teams get away with murder but others have to struggle but am affraid it will always be the same nothing we can do about it, its who you know.not what you know

Bucko? Thicko more like!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 11:58 am

Hellboy wrote:
Bucko wrote:
Totally agree with u mate,ive always said some teams get away with murder but others have to struggle but am affraid it will always be the same nothing we can do about it, its who you know.not what you know

Bucko? Thicko more like!

i would have thought having a committee member running the team would be seen as who you know. Didn't work for Webbys did it
Back to top Go down
Saviour

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 12:09 pm

Its quite simple really.

The league (gordon mainly) made the wrong call earlier in the season. WCB, Fairfield and S & G all got away with one and fair play to them. Its sunday football, dress it up as much as you like but thats it. Saturday football doesnt come into it. We (advance) have suffered more than anyone with saturday players over the years because in the past we had players playing at very good levels and there playing time was limited. TOUGH. I feel for Webbys and hear where there coming from.

The league made bad call thats coming back to haunt them. They wont do it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leagues double standards.   Leagues double standards. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leagues double standards.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next