Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 16 September

Go down 
+45
Cobbo
timmy mallet
Fishandchips
Kylinhio
Paul Daniels
2_Kingy
Joey Barton
THE MAGICIAN
Sparta3
FC POCHIN
Jimmyb
NiffyA
gattuso
driver666
KMR Number 10
The Plough
Mivan are going up
Skeems
Capello
tysmith c.n.f.c
Paulo
The Viewer
Polingtons
Blackie
NUGENT.
Hairy Hebrew!
The Admiral
Polska legend II
Rwhite08
whiteeagles
mowmacre fc
riley
lbennett86
CSKA17
BUSFC Zack
bulwellian
safc73
norty14
hotshot66
dezza
Widds
Hellboy
browny15lfc
Kilworthsunday
Gordon
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 6:10 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Well done to Fosse today, thoroughly deserved the win. Scoreline was a bit harsh but nevertheless there was only 1 team in it. We'll make plenty of friends playing like that every week, won't make plenty of points though.

No excuses, full side out, although skipper and both centre backs were carrying injuries from the start but it wouldn't of mattered as we were played off the park.

Probably be battling out at the wrong end of the table to be honest.

Bring on Thurmaston!!!

There's no chance you'll be near the foot of the table mate, your other results make it clear that yesterday was an off day, not helped by injuries. I do fear for you against Thurmaston though, they're bloody flying. You've got a sound group of lads so I genuinely hope you do well, except when you visit Knighton. All the best.

Hopefully not. Cheers for the positive comments, appreciated.

Can I just add though, a very generous 'hat trick' claimed by your lad, I'm sure there were 2 og's in there. Anyhow, he played well and best of luck, until next time.
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Mivan are going up wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
The Viewer wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Inter Mivan 2-1 Oak

Oak scorer:
Tom Scott

Frustrated to come away with nothing today. Mivan played very well and were impressed with 2-3 players. Was not happy with the free kick first half which Mivan scored from. To be penalised for a hand ball when your just two yards away is farcical. The Mivan player flicked it up and hit our player on the hand. There was no movement towards the ball. Mivan though went ahead which changed the game as we had to chase it leaving us exposed for the second goal. We managed to hit the bar twice again Sad Really missed 4 players today including our keeper. Shud be at full strength next week.
Well done to Mivan you took your chances and were very strong at the back. Were my favourites for the league and that hasn't changed

( sorry Nugent but u got this one wrong :/ )

I was going to nip down to this game this morning but couldnt make it in the end!

sounds like a close game so dont write yourself off too much, some referees give it, some dont, thats football for you.

Agree with you about Mivan looking favorites tho, had some pretty hard opening fixtures and coming away with 10 points out of 12 then youd be stupid to disagree with that, which players were you impressed with from Mivan?

Still think the league will be between Mivan, Aylestone, White Eagles or Yourself though pal.

You missed a good match to be fair. Very close game and quite tense. Not an awful amount of chances for either side. Seems like we like to hit the bar too often lately! Mivan had a couple of White lads in the middle of the park who looked good and also one of the centre backs. I think it's a bit out of our reach now. Catching up already is not good so I count us out.

Agree with you pal, game was very tense and on a knife edge until the 90th min. I said to oe of your lads in te second half that i hate playing games like that lol. As a centre back being in that position is horrible. You have got some really good footballers in the squad especially the centre midfielder.. Quite stocky. Its still too early to rule yourself out pal, it is still a lon season. You boys have too much quality not to be in the top 4.

This Sunday will be the first match with our full squad available. We really missed Doyle on Sunday against you. Think he could of made a major difference. You coped well with everything we threw at you and was very impressed. Was disappointed we tested the cross bar more than your keeper.
Already quite a few points behind and I no after last years poor start that it can be hard chasing. Between you and eagles for me with aylestone and maybe royalist making the top 4!

Geniunly feel you we still be there but do understand where you are coming from, we did the same thing last year and we didn't have enough in the end. I think the blonde lad u had up top in the first half but came off at half time was a handful with along with Chris. Was very happy to see him not return in the 2nd half lol although the lad that come on scored a screamer,fantastic finish. We had nick Walsh missing on Sunday and a few other missing which made us go into the first half quite defensive as we had also changed the formation from our normal. At least our pitch was good ( apart from the stupid tree in corner lol) have you played hat & beaver yet? We have got even more lads missing on Sunday so could do with a heads up lol
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 7:49 pm

YeH hat and beaver are our bogey side! Just can't seem to get three points out of them. Work hard as a team. I no they signed few pollards players on and Kyle walbrook up top seems to be bagging a few.
Blonde lad up front doesn't get down as much as I'd like but is a good player just needs a bit of a run in the team. Upfront isn't really his best position in my opiniOn.
Told the council about that tree last year and they ended up cutting down the wrong tree! Doesn't help when our two Rory delaps turn up!
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 7:56 pm

Yeah the tree is a bit of a joke.. If you try and put one up the line its impossible because it just hits the branches. The lad you brought on in the second half with the long throw.. Wow! When he launched his first one in all i heard from one of Our lads was... "jesus christ! " lol
Back to top Go down
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

Big game for sporting birstall this weekend against alystone, carn't wait.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 8:57 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Well done to Fosse today, thoroughly deserved the win. Scoreline was a bit harsh but nevertheless there was only 1 team in it. We'll make plenty of friends playing like that every week, won't make plenty of points though.

No excuses, full side out, although skipper and both centre backs were carrying injuries from the start but it wouldn't of mattered as we were played off the park.

Probably be battling out at the wrong end of the table to be honest.

Bring on Thurmaston!!!

There's no chance you'll be near the foot of the table mate, your other results make it clear that yesterday was an off day, not helped by injuries. I do fear for you against Thurmaston though, they're bloody flying. You've got a sound group of lads so I genuinely hope you do well, except when you visit Knighton. All the best.

Hopefully not. Cheers for the positive comments, appreciated.

Can I just add though, a very generous 'hat trick' claimed by your lad, I'm sure there were 2 og's in there. Anyhow, he played well and best of luck, until next time.

Haha I know the third one was very suspect, but no one wants to claim an own goal surely, I was running the line at the time so was a fair distance away but it just looked like his ball across was deflected in! Also, to be honest, he hasn't claimed any of them, I just sent the scorers through as I saw it!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm

always give it to the strikers! although you'd be amazed how many times opposition teams get wound up when they see teams have 'claimed' goals - some even go as far as ringing in with their scorers and telling us that 'one of their goals was DEFINITELY an own goal'. I thought there were more important things going on in the world! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

Yeah the tree is a bit of a joke.. If you try and put one up the line its impossible because it just hits the branches. The lad you brought on in the second half with the long throw.. Wow! When he launched his first one in all i heard from one of Our lads was... "jesus christ! " lol

Our other lad, wasnt there Sunday, has arguably a longer throw! Interesting when both on the pitch together!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:46 pm

driver666 wrote:
Big game for sporting birstall this weekend against alystone, carn't wait.

Shud be a cracking game mate! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

Polska legend II wrote:
always give it to the strikers! although you'd be amazed how many times opposition teams get wound up when they see teams have 'claimed' goals - some even go as far as ringing in with their scorers and telling us that 'one of their goals was DEFINITELY an own goal'. I thought there were more important things going on in the world! Laughing

The great tape debate for instance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:05 am

Ha ha had good reason to bring that up for consistency issues!
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:34 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Our other lad, wasnt there Sunday, has arguably a longer throw! Interesting when both on the pitch together!
Certainly caught us out last season! Crazy long throw!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 8:14 am

Fishandchips wrote:
Saff lounge 6-2 MDH

Poor day for us, we don't have a good record at their place and a slow start saw us 2-0 down and man down after our skipper was red carded for handball inside the first 10 minutes. Was always going to be tough from then on, the changes we had to make didn't help our game and ended up pretty much long balls all around. The rest of the half though it would of been hard to tell we were a man down as we created plenty and got 1 back before the break. Second half and the Saff front 3 Rowley, Keo and Ray were always dangerous but we still created chances too before an unfortunate deflection lobbed our keeper, then a good run and cross from their lad was deflected into our own goal, we threw everything forward after that going 3-3-3 to get back in it but it left spaces that Saff exposed.

Thought the red card was very soft handling a cross albeit inside the six yard box and from then on although we never really felt out of the game until the last 15 or so but it was always an up hill struggle and too many players well below par, need to bounce back next week!

Scorers Barby and Clements
Did the handball deny a goal scoring oppurtunity if it did then it's not harsh is it?
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 9:04 am

perhaps, the ref obviously felt it did, we just thought there was enough defenders about to give enough doubt to avoid the red card? the ball wasn't going in and there were both attackers and defenders could of got on the end of it. End of the day we just played very poorly and weren't good enough on the day, with 11 on the pitch we might have got back into it but struggled with 10 it always left an out ball for Saff which they used very well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

Polska legend II wrote:

That's because some of us really enjoy an OG. Have you not watched Danny Bakers Own Goals and Gaffs? In fact I think OG's should contribute to the goals scored column, especially if it's a screamer.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

Fishandchips wrote:
perhaps, the ref obviously felt it did, we just thought there was enough defenders about to give enough doubt to avoid the red card? the ball wasn't going in and there were both attackers and defenders could of got on the end of it. End of the day we just played very poorly and weren't good enough on the day, with 11 on the pitch we might have got back into it but struggled with 10 it always left an out ball for Saff which they used very well.

i thought the cross was nailed on going to ray 4 yards out with the goal gaping which obviously the ref agreed with, saying that we were bang on top anyway and you never had a sniff until you went down to 10, im just happy that we can compete in the division and i think the players know that now, so hopefully we will be able to get close to our strongest side out every week, things are possibly starting to look up for us now after losing half a dozen players to azzurri
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:18 pm

well done tommy on sundays result pal heard u had few missing few aswell
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

scottyh wrote:
well done tommy on sundays result pal heard u had few missing few aswell

had 2 missing, will o keeffe and blain king, but mdh definitely didnt play as well as they can and having a man sent off early is never going to help
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

it isnt no but on u go bud
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 4:00 pm

For me we (mdh) were just simply not good enough on the day. Saff worked hard and competed as we know they always do and on the day t was enough to do away with us. We'll lose too many games if we play like that week in week out but touch wood that will act as a wake up call that we are in for a fight week in week out if we want to compete, especially with what promises to be a big game against the unbeaten Polska this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 16 September   Banter for Sunday 16 September - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 16 September
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3