Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11

Go down 
+10
Hellboy
themightystar
saff lounge
Widds
greeeedy
Polska legend II
News of the World
mowmacre fc
Stroller
S&G11
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 11:53 am

i dont think throops will get anywhere near star!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

played both throops and star we had weaker team against throops and nearly got a results . had a stronger team against star and got trounced.

we havent brought in that mant players signed a few which aint turned up so far but i think the corner will turn soon for us got a new defender coming sunday and week after i have lads back off holiday and week after that 7days are going in for numours players
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

read the subject line..
Back to top Go down
S&G11

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

When Star and Garter started in Division 3 they did not have the side they have now. From our usual starting 11, there are atleast 4 lads (including George Himan) that only signed on at the start of the season, then you add Jim Mee who joined halfway through last season when Kauto folded and there is half of a team.

To call us pothunters is ridiculous, we only won the league in the last game of the season so it wasn't exactly easy? Also, why would you stick a new team in the Prem just on reputation? What about if them players decided not to turn up a few weeks and leave you with an average team in the prem, not really that fair either is it? Anybody who calls us pothunters are just jealous of the side we have been able to put together and its only through getting people that we know, it's not as if we have scouted far and wide to find the best players, it just happens that we all drink in the same pub, get a grip!

You will see how good we really are when we play against a Prem side in Glenfield, who have a decent side, on sunday in the cup.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 1:12 pm

u lot are a good bunch dont listen to all this pothunters shite i got it last year when we had a run off played 7 won 7. and was top but now you lot are on top unbeaten its same old story just dont bite at it , everyone knows the story u lot have built a team off m8s and few decent players all injoying football BUT i must say u lot will spank glenfield 6-1
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

Nobody is suggesting you went straight in to the Prem but Div 3 was a farce and it obvious for all to see even before a ball was kicked.

As for only winning the league in the last week that is simply down to the fact that Hoskins were also mis-allocated in Div 3, you simply out-pot-hunted them!!!!!

No issue with strengthening your side and I'm sure you won't have it all your own way in Div 1, which I actually think you'll enjoy more than just rolling inferior sides over on a weekly basis
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

Couldn't agree more with the above post, these pothunters are that thick, its like trying to shout at a deaf person, pointless, oh the irony.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Totally disagree with these comments.

The league has an extremly difficult task in assigning teams to the correct league. If I was on the board and I was given a team sheet with Linnett, Hawker and Maisto being the only known players, I definitely would not be ushering them towards the Prem or even Division 1.

Like an earlier post, how many teams do you see who have a good team on paper and then when it comes to the cold winters they are struggling to scrape 11 players together. It just so happens that the Star lads didn't diminish in the winter and in fact strengthened. However, it could have easily gone the other way and they could have ended up mid table and this topic (Pothunters) wouldn't exist.

The Star lads seem to be a good mates who just so happen to be half decent at Football and Roulette.

Pothunters you may call it, or on the other hand just players with desire and hunger to win!
Back to top Go down
S&G11

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

Stroller - who do you play for?

Hellboy, do you even play football?

fc hoskins - Looking forward to our return fixture.

Vimto - Massive respect!
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

I'm at Guthlaxton

Do not take what is said in this thread personally, you are all good lads and I really enjoyed our game last season as it was full on for the whole 120 mins. But thats kind of my point about you guys playing in Div 3 last year, surely the only thing that kept you boys interested to the end was the County Cup run and overhauling Hoskins in the league, the majority of games (certainly as the season progressed) were formailities and thats rubbish for both you and the opposition.

I'd wager that in pre-season when you got wind of being in Div 3 most of your lads were pi55ing themselves knowing something major would have to go wrong for you not to win it. As I've said, I'm not advocating you went straight in the Prem but Div 2 should have been the lowest level given the players on board.

Vimto - Under normal circumstances I would take your point about new teams looking good on paper but I think in this instance you need to take into account the players we are talking about here, seasoned Alliance League lads who know what it takes to run a Sunday team and that should be taken into account.

Anyway, lets move on, even I'm bored of banging this particular drum!!!!
Back to top Go down
mmm_boogie

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

Hellboy is just a hater...I have heard the same crap rolling on this website for ages now. He has posted well over 2000 times on here, and i would say 1900 have the word "pothunter" in them!! Its like he wants every team to struggle on a sunday, and will not accept anyone being the best side in the league. Maybe, Star and Garter and Hoskins were put in the wrong league, but if they werent in there last year, he probably woulda said that Foxes or even Trinderbox were pot hunting!! Its a joke, the guy needs to join facebook or myspace or something taht will keep him as entertained as hating every team who wins anything. Teams that win the league will be promoted, which has happened, and NO1 can predict weather players will leave/join/stay for full seasons. Div 1 is not a done deal, far from it...throops are a decent side, and will be there throughout the season im sure...! Hellboy just loves to hate on winners, i can imagine he is an incredibly poor footballer so has nothing else to back him up apart from screaming "pothunters" at every team who r top of the league. Boring Boring man/boy/girl???... Good luck to all the teams mentioned in this link, and im sure Hellboy will be delighted when we all drop points!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 6:43 pm

Wowee, 100% wrong, i have fully supported lots of teams on here, if you would only take more time to read my incredible posts, i couldn't hate any living creature, however, some people dont like the truth in all its black and white glory, and if you read my posts properly, you will know that i cant stand facebore, the people that go on there and have to tell everybody about new trainers they've just bought yap yap yap....thanks for the attention, loving being in the spotlight again.

PS I would love it if Throops won div 1.....

Now thats the sort of team i fully admire .

Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm

Thanks Helly, you've never said a bad word about us, or if you have I missed it, I dont read half the drivel on here to be honest but feel I need to make a point.

Yes Hoskins were close to getting a result against us the other week and it would have served us right for missing a hatful of chances if they did scrape a draw, fair enough they had alot of their players missing, so did we. But they didnt in the semi final last year, I would say they were at possibly their strongest that night and we still won with a much weaker side than now (hell I played), this season we have improved the squad/team (on paper) immensely and hopefully we will have them all available for the game against Star in a few weeks, as I think we will need them as they are obviously a very strong side hence all the stick they are getting.

I've not seen them play this year but they must have something to beat Sunbury so convincingly as I rate Sunbury highly and think they will still be up there with Star come end of the season.
I also think Kingy has a valid point about the league placing both sides in the wrong division last season with the names of the players they had signed on.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 11:06 am

S&G11 wrote:

Massive respect!

my my my...just look at how the prediction for your game Sunday has been answered, its like everyone already knows the outcome,(star to win yawn) not really much of a prediction, more like a done deal, i feel another yawn coming on.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 1:14 am

i personally think fair play to them they look a very very good side i watched nearly all of their game against niffy and all i remember is the net getting pounded every 5 mins they played some great football. glenfield on the other hand have had a bright start this season and i wouldnt underestimate them in the cup any complacency and it could well cost you.
i will say agree with div 3 last season being the wrong league but its done now and melton were a prem side in county cup that everyone thought just had to turn up to win so they done well credit where its deserved .
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 9:02 am

agree with you there greedy! County fa consistently put the wrong teams from other smaller leagues in lower cups so its kinda cool when our league has a team like star thats also too good for the cup. Rather an alliance team wins than another league
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

racist...leagueist....teamism...SadSadSadSadSadSad they're all the same thing, the belief that all members of each league or team possess characteristics or abilities specific to that league or team, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another league or team. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different league based on such a belief.....

Wink the alliance will not win any of the county cups this season.. Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11   Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star & Garter v Hoskins 17/09/11
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2