Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

STOKES CUP FINAL

Go down 
+23
Jim royle
hotshot66
LoneRanger38
Paulo
saff lounge
dezza
Polska legend II
Tubby NRI
greeeedy
Pez Dog
sean callaghan
Fishandchips
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Snash
L.K.F.C
tysmith c.n.f.c
Widds
Weezy F
Whistle Blower
THE MAGICIAN
Hellboy
Aussie Owl
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 11:30 pm

Agree not a great game but hey, result all that matters. Can't praise the mdh boys enough, hope they have a great night. Goodnight from me, i am getting battered from now on! X
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm

Well what a Corker! After watching a not so great 80 minutes of football jay's pulled a finish right from the back of his locker Very Happy . first half i thought MDH deserved a goal, Widds tried his best to give them a goal has he came steaming out his goal and failed to make any contact with the ball but the MDH forward (lee stevens?) could only find the foot of the post, MDH continued to threaten NRI with good build up play in the first half but couldn't find a way past widds who seemed to come to life after seeing a bloke standing behind his goal pint of beer in hand Very Happy . NRI were also getting closer hitting the bar in the first half. i went for a pint at half time praying that the second half was better, the majority of it wasn't... MDH started off the half in the same manner trying the get the ball down and play football, NRI stopped them getting in their faces from the off with Earl breaking down many attacking opportunities. And then the moment, with play approaching the last 10 minutes and people praying for a goal a lovely ball was punted forward towards j. heighton who cushioned it in the air and volleyed into the top corner,GREAT finish. . great celebrations, although widds wasn't involved (dissapointed) ....all in all two decent teams both attempting to play good football. CONGRATS TO WIDDS AND THE LADS AT NRI.....BOOOING!
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 12:18 am

Absolutely brilliant goal. Was far too good for the game which seemed to lack a lot in brilliance. Congrats to NRI!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 12:23 am

Too far for me to run mate lol poor game. Apologies but hey shiny shine
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 5:20 am

thought the game was very close, over the 90 mins do feel we were probably the better team and don't think we deserved to lose but that said it was that close was going to take something special to win it and it was...... most people wrote us off before the start thinking nri were going to walk it, but it was such a close game, we're happy despite losing we think we did well and made what is supposedly a far greater team work for their money! all we hear is how half there players should be playing in the prem and no one knows any of our players, they're all aging (no ofense meant) and only 2 of our starting team were over 24, well played to NRI on the night, didnt think the ref favoured us too much (mainly because Earl who i felt was your best player on the night was lucky to be on the pitch.. tackle in the first half was discusting, then got booked early in the second, to me really should have been a second yellow) and we also had two very good penalty apeals turned down, hand ball in the first half and the pull late in the second, even the the 4th official was shocked but it's not nri'd fault they worked hard and got the trophy, so congratulations, maybe next year for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 6:17 am

congratulations nri on ur first trophy from bullies.
not an outstanding game but a very even one cancelling each other out most of the game so was hard for any of them to get it down and play. well done mdh too who put in a battling display and probably had the better of the chances and possesion but wasnt to be u boys can be proud of yourselves all the same.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 9:14 am

Right. Gotta say it wasn't our finest moment of the season in terms of play but I'm proud as f@@@ of my team. I do like Holmes park, good ground for me. That's 7 out of 7 finals now. Woo hoo, when I look back though this is my fav win of the lot because we didn't half have to dig in, MDH if I'm honest gave us a good run around at times, thought there lads were top draw and they can be very proud of there performance. Must give a mention to a few lads in particular WIDDS who kept us in it with some quality goal keeping, Earl who I thought played superbly too and Jay heighton for a goal that deserves to win any game of football. A truely sublime finish. All in all I'm proud of all my players as they had to dig in BIG TIME. Just like to say well done MDH and best of luck for the remainder of the season, I thought Div 4 had some quality teams in it but we have played MDH and SAFF now who I both thought were quality.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 9:31 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Right. Gotta say it wasn't our finest moment of the season in terms of play but I'm proud as f@@@ of my team. I do like Holmes park, good ground for me. That's 7 out of 7 finals now. Woo hoo, when I look back though this is my fav win of the lot because we didn't half have to dig in, MDH if I'm honest gave us a good run around at times, thought there lads were top draw and they can be very proud of there performance. Must give a mention to a few lads in particular WIDDS who kept us in it with some quality goal keeping, Earl who I thought played superbly too and Jay heighton for a goal that deserves to win any game of football. A truely sublime finish. All in all I'm proud of all my players as they had to dig in BIG TIME. Just like to say well done MDH and best of luck for the remainder of the season, I thought Div 4 had some quality teams in it but we have played MDH and SAFF now who I both thought were quality.

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa..........ya must have heard me blowing my whistle after the ref blew the final whistle, managed to get down for the second half,

......So the goalkeeper's name is Widds .....jesus h christ the bloke was amazing!!!!

kept you in the game for sure.......

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 9:31 am

Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest crowd for this final in history..........
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 9:43 am

Paid 3 pound to get in an started to think it was worst 3 pound I'd ever spent because the game was pretty boring with both teams looking as if they where nervous about going forwartd then out of nowhere possibly one of the best goals ever witnessed in sunday football sealed it for nri, great finish, well worth 3 pound Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 11:23 am

timmy mallet wrote:
Paid 3 pound to get in an started to think it was worst 3 pound I'd ever spent because the game was pretty boring with both teams looking as if they where nervous about going forwartd then out of nowhere possibly one of the best goals ever witnessed in sunday football sealed it for nri, great finish, well worth 3 pound Very Happy

I could not agree with that any more, although I didn't have to spend 3 pound Wink guest passes and what not <3
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 11:57 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

I could not agree with that any more, although I didn't have to spend 3 pound Wink guest passes and what not <3

I had tea and cakes "free" with Mary at halftime and after the game.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 12:09 pm

did we get the attendance record? Hellboy greeedy and the rest cheers again for the support on here. Its an awesome first season. Oh andi reckon average age of our team is about 25 lol we have just been ravaged by alcohol! Thanks to brilliant set of lads and great manager who gets us all behind him!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 12:19 pm

Yes the record attendance, 210 people the best so far.....................Widdo!!!!!!!!Widdo!!!!!!

STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Fanfare_Team

STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 FanfareSTOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Vuvuzela4_1662083c

ooh we can't hear the whistles now...
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 1:05 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Yes the record attendance, 210 people the best so far.....................Widdo!!!!!!!!Widdo!!!!!!

STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Fanfare_Team

STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 FanfareSTOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Vuvuzela4_1662083c

ooh we can't hear the whistles now...

LOL
Back to top Go down
Tubby NRI

Tubby NRI

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 2:02 pm

As mentioned previously I think MDH were the better team in general play. They kept the ball much better than we did. It was a game of very few chances and not particularly good football but what finals ever are? A touch of class from Jay which was worthy of winning any match. Well done MDH, very harsh result for you boys but best of luck for the rest of the season. As Malc has said Saff Lounge & MDH both very strong teams that I believe would be up the top end in Div 4. Unclucky lads and good luck for the season.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

you saying they were chicken?..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Weezy F

Weezy F

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 2:57 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
thought the game was very close, over the 90 mins do feel we were probably the better team and don't think we deserved to lose but that said it was that close was going to take something special to win it and it was...... most people wrote us off before the start thinking nri were going to walk it, but it was such a close game, we're happy despite losing we think we did well and made what is supposedly a far greater team work for their money! all we hear is how half there players should be playing in the prem and no one knows any of our players, they're all aging (no ofense meant) and only 2 of our starting team were over 24, well played to NRI on the night, didnt think the ref favoured us too much (mainly because Earl who i felt was your best player on the night was lucky to be on the pitch.. tackle in the first half was discusting, then got booked early in the second, to me really should have been a second yellow) and we also had two very good penalty apeals turned down, hand ball in the first half and the pull late in the second, even the the 4th official was shocked but it's not nri'd fault they worked hard and got the trophy, so congratulations, maybe next year for us Very Happy

Don't remember anyone saying half the team was prem class, I think Widds said Earl and Dave Ilnicki are and Dave was injured and only came on for the last 10
Back to top Go down
Tubby NRI

Tubby NRI

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 2:59 pm

Hellboy wrote:
you saying they were chicken?..... Smile

haha God spot Mr.Hellboy! Maybe I'm still pissed! You should have seen me throwing up at 8am this morning... not a pretty sight I can assure thee after rolling in at 7am! No
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Whoop Whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest crowd for this final in history..........

sorry to say but it does say 2004-5 there were 215 so not the biggest but still was a good crowd and a cracking goal i must say that won it for nri well done !!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 3:10 pm

we're not looking that far back Wink
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

Congrats to NRI.

Wasn't a good game to watch although 10/10 for the awesome goal.

NRI for the double?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 4:29 pm

Will give it a go mate!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

A big boy like you, fancy making that little girl fetch the ball back for you..
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 5:04 pm

Haha did you see her run off with the ball. Didn't know whether to tackle her or not
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 5:05 pm

Love the New picture as well!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 5:11 pm

Widds wrote:
Haha did you see her run off with the ball. Didn't know whether to tackle her or not

Sure did put a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 8:26 am

Widds wrote:
Love the New picture as well!

I was sat next to a mrs Bailey during the game, got some good banter she has.....i think it was the first game she'd ever gone to, but i do have one question to ask, who were the 2 gorgeous girls that were sat next to her.
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 8:41 am

Mrs bailey? As in my mum?
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 8:46 am

OOOOh yes...
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 8:52 am

Haha and the two ladies wouldnt of happend to be heavily pregnant?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 8:58 am

I believe so, they stayed sitting down all the game, and she did mention something about grandkids on the way.
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:01 am

Haha i now can put a face to your name hellboy as i saw u talking to
The mother lol oh yes the two ladies one being my 7 month pregnant missus and the other my brothers 8 month pregnant missus
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:06 am

well i am very hard to miss, seeing as i'm bright red and 2 big horn stumps on my head.
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:08 am

U came with ur other half i beleive
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

Wow, you worked out who Hellboy is!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:21 am

Striker9 wrote:
U came with ur other half i beleive

You've been talking to your mam....
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:22 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Wow, you worked out who Hellboy is!

He won't tell you though....mwaaaaahaaaa haaahaaaaa
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:23 am

Wow so your name is Jo..........
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:24 am

Ron ya big wally.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOKES CUP FINAL   STOKES CUP FINAL - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOKES CUP FINAL
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next