Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for games played Friday, 10th September

Go down 
+11
Hellboy
Sparky
gattuso
jamo11
retroroyal
Fishandchips
s777
Jimmyb
ginner
Alan Partridge
Aussie Owl
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Empty
PostSubject: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 12:58 pm

Post away!

Last edited by Assistant Secretary on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 8:31 pm

Sunbury United 7 Guthlaxton Old Boys 0

A superb performance again by Sunbury with two excellent hat-tricks from Matt Towers and Mark Dunkley, and a piledriver from Danny Dunkley which ripped the pegs out the net from 25 yards!!

Looking forward to Sunday's visit to Horsewell Lane
Back to top Go down
ginner

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:07 pm

Me neither both teams were average at best with both linesmen having a shocker

county cup winners 09/10

you not running the line tonight ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:14 pm

Fosse City 3-9 Countesthorpe Royals

2-0 up after 10
3-2 up on the hour

Then we seemed to self destruct and got the spanking we probably deserved for a shoddy last half hour.
Back to top Go down
s777

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:21 pm

npe 2 - 1 hoods park

bloody brook next to our pitch is becoming a ball ache, gonna be a bug bear that annoys the hell out of us.

as for the game, wasnt too bad, have to say the ref, not sure of his name but is a skinny asian lad had a good game tbh, let play go on where he could.

Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 9:35 pm

MDH Knights 5-0 QPR

Lee Stevens 2
Dave Brennan
Steve Percival
Chris Gordon

Solid performance tonight both teams missing a few regulars i think but a solid performance from us, creating plenty and controlling the game right from the off, back to back clean sheets is a first for us i think too so happy days Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
retroroyal

retroroyal

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Fosse City 3-9 Countesthorpe Royals

2-0 up after 10
3-2 up on the hour

Then we seemed to self destruct and got the spanking we probably deserved for a shoddy last half hour.

good game tonight, fosse didnt deserve the score line, good bunch of lads, and will do well this season with a full strenth side
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:51 pm

Been in the pub have we!?

Surprised you had any strength left in your arm to lift a pint after all that flag work!

The green card remark came from someone one the sidelines, who I don't know but the ref had a word with me at half time to which I spoke to everyone and made sure no further remarks were made which they were not!

The ref may not have had the best of games but he certainly didn't favour any one side. And let's be fair he was in good company with everyone else in the game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 11:59 pm

Played West End United today, 1-1 with five mins to go and we won 2-1. Another tight game, loving it at the moment although our injury list is growing rapidly!!
The West End lads were spot on, good banter, and thanks to the ref, Gary someone who stepped in at the last minute and had a good game
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:40 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Played West End United today, 1-1 with five mins to go and we won 2-1. Another tight game, loving it at the moment although our injury list is growing rapidly!!
The West End lads were spot on, good banter, and thanks to the ref, Gary someone who stepped in at the last minute and had a good game

two lucky wins for you now then. we are right on your heels. :0)
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:47 am

wafc wrote:

Surprised you had any strength left in your arm to lift a pint after all that flag work!

The green card remark came from someone one the sidelines, who I don't know but the ref had a word with me at half time to which I spoke to everyone and made sure no further remarks were made which they were not!

The ref may not have had the best of games but he certainly didn't favour any one side. And let's be fair he was in good company with everyone else in the game!

my foot is killin me but this has made me smile.

i mite start a poll tomoz.

favourite linesman.
Ginner
Danny carr
or oily.

to be fair to said ref, he reffed us on sunday and i thought he was ok.
think instead of coming on here just saying he was awful lets try and be constructive.
he is a young lad and could do with a helping hand.
we bang on about a lack of refs. here is a young lad learning his trade.
think it can be quite intimidating for the young lad.
how bout giving the lad some feedback rather than come on here being negitive.
i know peeps will probably say that's rich coming from me, but i only shout and moan
at the more experianced refs(john farrell) lol.

Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 1:10 am

being mate with akil i think hes an alrite ref.. but will become better with more games under his belt
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 1:39 am

Decent performance from us tonight and big improvement from sunday, a good kick in the bollocks for us to concede the winner late on but fair play to New Road Inn for stealing it. NRI keeper probably won them the game.

Good set of lads are NRI, all the best to them

Reffed well also
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

jamo11 wrote:
wafc wrote:

my foot is killin me but this has made me smile.

i mite start a poll tomoz.

favourite linesman.
Ginner
Danny carr
or oily.

to be fair to said ref, he reffed us on sunday and i thought he was ok.
think instead of coming on here just saying he was awful lets try and be constructive.
he is a young lad and could do with a helping hand.
we bang on about a lack of refs. here is a young lad learning his trade.
think it can be quite intimidating for the young lad.
how bout giving the lad some feedback rather than come on here being negitive.
i know peeps will probably say that's rich coming from me, but i only shout and moan
at the more experianced refs(john farrell) lol.

Here Here.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 8:29 am

jamo11 wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

two lucky wins for you now then. we are right on your heels. :0)

They were very very lucky last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 8:50 am

Jamo - i will take another 20 lucky wins if i can get them bud!!! Smile
Sparky - cheers for the comments, i wouldnt lie, we did get out of jail! I dont like singling out players but you are right, our keeper did keep us in it a couple of times, especially with the deflected shot.
Hellboy - we keep fighting the good fight....!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 8:54 am

wafc wrote:

Haha - you saw that quote as well did you? Bless him!
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 8:57 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Sparky - cheers for the comments, i wouldnt lie, we did get out of jail! I dont like singling out players but you are right, our keeper did keep us in it a couple of times, especially with the deflected shot.

the save off of the deflected shot was top drawer. thought stu cattell was going to get the winner when he came on, is a top player. was a good game to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:01 am

Ahh you were down spying then Minty!!!
Yeah i enjoyed the game as well, one of our lads before the game said he wanted a big performance, i said i would be happy with 2-1 and the winner in off his ass!! So i am happy!!
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

New Road Inn wrote:

Nri deserved the win, keeper was spot on.
Title challengers if you ask me.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

yeah me and the old boy came down for a look. know a lot of the west end lads and got a lot of time for them. was a good first half but got a bit scrappier at the end of the game. two very good keepers on show. this league is going to be very tight in my opinion. no one single dominant team. and no p**hun**rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:13 am

Cheers Joey, i am sure the keeper will be pleased to hear that...although prob make him a big headed sod!!
Well said their Minty, no pothunters, me and the lads said after how good it is having lots of challenges...i won a division years ago where we won about 7 or 8 nil every week, just because we didnt know what the standard was (LSL bottom div), and its dull!!!
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

yep,, i mean we played better against superfly than we did against good old days. hate games that turn into walkovers. this is why im not predicting anybody for the league. is going to be down to squad strength and getting wins from drawing positions. every point will count this year
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:33 am

Minty wrote:
yep,, i mean we played better against superfly than we did against good old days. hate games that turn into walkovers. this is why im not predicting anybody for the league. is going to be down to squad strength and getting wins from drawing positions. every point will count this year

Agreed, we(superfly) were abit nakered after playing on the Friday after only two pre season friendlys. Although the both teams did deserve the point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:39 am

Joey Barton wrote:
Minty wrote:

Agreed, we(superfly) were abit nakered after playing on the Friday after only two pre season friendlys. Although the both teams did deserve the point.

was similar to the west end v new road inn game last night. could have gone either way. both teams had chances to win but would have been harsh to say any one team deserved it. we had 4 players back for the good old days game, though my one of them got injured. but have got 15 for a big game tomorrow at magna. will be a tough game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:42 am

i will be hoping for a draw there Minty!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:45 am

jamo well said on ref front,,yes you do always shout at refs but are one of the first to shake their hand and say thanks even if they not had a brill game
Back to top Go down
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:46 am

all im saying is just keep winning boys cause niffy res are coming
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:46 am

i know a few of the magna lads and we'll have to be on form to get a result up there. i've made us more boring this year. i want to concede less than a goal a game this year. wont happen, but thats the target lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 9:49 am

mjsajs08 wrote:

Glad to see you guys on here again in force....you went a bit quiet after the first game of the season.... Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

PostSubject: lol u was lucky. we never go quiet we just watch. lets see if u can handle the pressure ay   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 10:15 am

New Road Inn wrote:
mjsajs08 wrote:

Glad to see you guys on here again in force....you went a bit quiet after the first game of the season.... Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 10:18 am

New Road Inn wrote:
mjsajs08 wrote:

lol u was lucky. we never go quiet we just watch. lets see if u can handle the pressure ay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 11:05 am

we can only keep on winning and niffy can only keep chasing! better to go down to the wire than a run away leader!

jamo agree on your ref comments but jesus you dont half moan (very good player if he kept quiet and played his stuff)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 11:43 am

He was better when he had his Alice band in! Very Happy

In all seriousness though jamo is a good player. He came down for a couple of pre season games with us and I'd have been more than happy to sign him on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

Yes!!! I got back up from another NRI!!!
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:14 pm

New Road Inn wrote:

agreed pal.
we played terribale but a wins a win.

my goal being the turning point(not bragging).
deffo agree with the squad comment.
this league will be tight mybe coming down to goal difference.
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:17 pm

man in black wrote:
jamo well said on ref front,,yes you do always shout at refs but are one of the first to shake their hand and say thanks even if they not had a brill game

hoping this is john. not shouting, i'm just loud. lol.

never had a brill game more like. Laughing

seriously though, if we want the standard of refs to improve we need the younger ones
to learn thier trade, to improve the standard.
As the meerkat says "simples"
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:18 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Cheers Joey, i am sure the keeper will be pleased to hear that...although prob make him a big headed sod!!
Well said their Minty, no pothunters, me and the lads said after how good it is having lots of challenges...i won a division years ago where we won about 7 or 8 nil every week, just because we didnt know what the standard was (LSL bottom div), and its dull!!!

talking bout yourself in the third person is sad. lol.
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:22 pm

Minty wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Minty wrote:

was similar to the west end v new road inn game last night. could have gone either way. both teams had chances to win but would have been harsh to say any one team deserved it. we had 4 players back for the good old days game, though my one of them got injured. but have got 15 for a big game tomorrow at magna. will be a tough game

i have played against your guys and came to watch at mowacre in midweek.
very young team, but good set of lads. played in the right way, and always kept at us.

you have deffo got a couple of good players, just needs a bit of tweaking.
number 10 against us (niffy) centre mid coloured lad(no offence cause i don't know his name)
and the lad that played right back. think a few more games together and it will start to fall into place for you.
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010, 12:24 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
mjsajs08 wrote:

we only started talking in response to some of your comments.
we are like assasins. we will wait in the background ready to pounce. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played Friday, 10th September   Banter for games played Friday, 10th September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for games played Friday, 10th September
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next