Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September

Go down 
+14
Kylinhio
talbotkeeper
Katie G
Paulo
Duane
jamo11
Gordon
Jimmyb
Niffy Player
spartamoshdock
Ivan Drago
Tomassi
chubby
Aussie Owl
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Empty
PostSubject: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 7:48 pm

Win or lose - encouraged or disappointed?

Last edited by Assistant Secretary on Fri 03 Sep 2010, 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chubby

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:24 pm

Niffy rangers/A/RES 3 - 0 West End Ressies

Not to sure who West End were playing tonight and i am not to sure Niffy knew who they were playing with, watching from the line i could here Niffy players asking each other who was who. And you could say i am pissed off cus we lost and yes that is true but i do think its unfair on teams that play there normal 11 every week only to be cheated out of a result because a team with other sides in the higher divisions in the league have to play other players because they are struggling to get a team together. West End first team had no game so it would have been easy to play most of them but West End didn't.

The league should look at team sheets and check to see whose playing who.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:40 pm

watched first half of kormska/oadby owls game, saw the only goal a horrible bobble decieving the keeper, then went chippy, then magna town vs inter mivan and saw only the last goal whilst Katie and co had some chips, then went to watch second half of throops vs fosse and saw some hot goals, love these midweek games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:40 pm

Hood Park 2 AFC Sporting 4

HPR let down by a couple of defensive errors in the first 20 minutes.. battled back well but we got caught on the break in the second half.

Felt we played some nice stuff but we need to improve to make an impact, and I think we will.

AFC had some good players especially the number 11 who floated around everywhere and was tough to mark.

Well played both sides.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:44 pm

Niffy Rangers 1 - 4 SPARTA MOSHDOCK

Lewis Cully
Aaron Preston x 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

Saw Magna thump Inter Mivan tonight. Thought the short stocky lad up front for Magna looked decent, good finisher. Only saw the last 30 mins but Magna played some really good stuff for the first 15 mins i was there, but then at about 8-1 up they did the typical Sunday League trick and went with about 6 up front!! Think Magna will be there or there abouts.

Went to watch Throops and the big lad (pot kettle here) up front in the green had a great touch and scored an outrageous goal (cross!)

Tomassi - if you kept the ball as close to your feet as you kept them chips close to you.....you would be one hell of a player!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 9:56 pm

Razz i did offer you some but alas no... and yeah thats why im a div 5 player lol !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:04 pm

chubby wrote:

Not to sure who West End were playing tonight and i am not to sure Niffy knew who they were playing with, watching from the line i could here Niffy players asking each other who was who. And you could say i am pissed off cus we lost and yes that is true but i do think its unfair on teams that play there normal 11 every week only to be cheated out of a result because a team with other sides in the higher divisions in the league have to play other players because they are struggling to get a team together. West End first team had no game so it would have been easy to play most of them but West End didn't.

Surely Niffy are allowed to play their first team players in any team etc? As they are one club...? Heard a rumour that they are a couple short on Friday so i am expecting a couple of players dropped in from one of the other teams....but its not against the rules, so fair play to them....use whats at your disposal surely?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:08 pm

Oh and when i say one of the other teams, it may be from the div 6 team...i dont know...
Back to top Go down
Niffy Player

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:25 pm

chubby wrote:

10 of the players that started today were A-team players, 1 was a reserve, so i would say you played the A team. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:37 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Saw Magna thump Inter Mivan tonight. Thought the short stocky lad up front for Magna looked decent, good finisher. Only saw the last 30 mins but Magna played some really good stuff for the first 15 mins i was there, but then at about 8-1 up they did the typical Sunday League trick and went with about 6 up front!! Think Magna will be there or there abouts.

Went to watch Throops and the big lad (pot kettle here) up front in the green had a great touch and scored an outrageous goal (cross!)
Tomassi - if you kept the ball as close to your feet as you kept them chips close to you.....you would be one hell of a player!! Razz

Ryan Bayliss of Fosse, quality player, bit of a bellend but quality none the less.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:42 pm

League Rules exist to prevent Clubs with more than 1 team playing the more Senior team players in a lower Division. Secretaries should note Rule 8 (M).

However at this stage of the season, it cannot be established who is a regular player with which team, until they have played a few more games.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Throops 6 - 3 Fosse

Do I take it you were at the game then??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:00 pm

Gordon wrote:
League Rules exist to prevent Clubs with more than 1 team playing the more Senior team players in a lower Division. Secretaries should note Rule 8 (M).

However at this stage of the season, it cannot be established who is a regular player with which team, until they have played a few more games.

So does this mean that if a player plays regularly in future for the more senior team, this can be looked at retrospectively?

By the way, the above is only a question and not an accusation.....
Back to top Go down
jamo11

jamo11

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:15 pm

chubby wrote:

cheating is a strong word to use my friend. look up the rules before u come on a website and make yourself look like a chump.
i think the rule states that players are not classed any team member until they have played 5 games for said team.
if i'm wrong then somebody came tell me so.
just cause people don't know a players name doesn't mean jack. and the goals were scored by a team players. FACT.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

New Road Inn wrote:

Quite agree, he did have avery good touch, thought we could have had double figures to be fair, keeper made several good saves and the woodwork took a battering..

Adam Tester 3
Nathan Rutter
Dan Radi
Leon Doughty....
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:43 pm

Duane wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

Quite agree, he did have avery good touch, thought we could have had double figures to be fair, keeper made several good saves and the woodwork took a battering..

Adam Tester 3
Nathan Rutter
Dan Radi
Leon Doughty....

Strange, I thought the score flattered you somewhat Embarassed

Nah Throops were easily the better side and on another day could have had a few more. We just never got to grips with the long balls over the top to the pacey forwards.

Only positive to come out of the game for us is that we probably wont play that badly again this season (or at least I hope we wont)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:45 pm

Where did you play Duane? Dont tell me you were the lad on the wing who did the three keepy ups?
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 8:20 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Duane wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

Adam Tester 3
Nathan Rutter
Dan Radi
Leon Doughty....

Strange, I thought the score flattered you somewhat Embarassed

Nah Throops were easily the better side and on another day could have had a few more. We just never got to grips with the long balls over the top to the pacey forwards.

Only positive to come out of the game for us is that we probably wont play that badly again this season (or at least I hope we wont)

It was a good game, I would have liked to have seen how we reacted if we had conceded two early goals,.showed good character to keep it a close fought game for 90 mins. Best of luck for the season Jimmyb.....

NRI - Those keepy up wing days for me a well over mate....
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 8:40 am

Magna Town 9 - 1 Inter Mivan

Hogan Smith (2)
Kieran Rowley (2)
Harvey Webb (2)
Paul Goddard (pen)
Ross Griffin
Leon Blaber

Good way to start the league off, prob could have been more but as NRI stated did get a little sloppy towards the end of the game. But good performance which shud give us some confidence for sunday. Fair play to Inter, they had all their lads turn up before ours, good set of lads just very dis organised on the pitch. But they have a very enthusiastic gaffer and if they need any inspiration then Hood Park last year are it, took a few hammerings but by the end of the season picked up some good results. Hope they keep at it! Also well reffed by Gordon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 9:14 am

So much for it being the repeat of the 2009 Stokes Cup Final, Welshy is unavailable, so only Wilkesy and Wardy remain from the team that played you in the final !!

yeah hope Inter Mivan keep going, decent lads
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:29 am

Tomassi wrote:
watched first half of kormska/oadby owls game, saw the only goal a horrible bobble decieving the keeper, then went chippy, then magna town vs inter mivan and saw only the last goal whilst Katie and co had some chips, then went to watch second half of throops vs fosse and saw some hot goals, love these midweek games Very Happy

I only blinking had 2 chips Tom!!!! (They were beaut tho....need to get down to Grimsby chip shop!!!)
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 10:47 am

Tomassi wrote:
So much for it being the repeat of the 2009 Stokes Cup Final, Welshy is unavailable, so only Wilkesy and Wardy remain from the team that played you in the final !!

yeah hope Inter Mivan keep going, decent lads

Dont have Cory now either, but never mind sure be a good game. Shaun certainly seems to be bigging ur boys up so looking forward to it!

Cheers for coming down yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 11:21 am

Its about time we had some stability for our first team, after all the 9-0 drubbings etc, going to be a close game Sunday! Will be Gaz's first game in charge.

No probs, coming to watch our Ressies friday?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 11:32 am

Will be at Uplands anyway to watch at least first half of NRI Vs Niffy, bit of scouting to be done!

So yeah will pop and watch a bit! u and the carnabys shud be good match up
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

We're at home mate, bring me some chips...
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

haha katie did say they were good chips!

U not planning on starting Friday then? Player Manager role Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:09 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Will be at Uplands anyway to watch at least first half of NRI Vs Niffy, bit of scouting to be done!

If we lose it will all be a deliberate ruse to lull you into a false sense of security for our game!!
Niffy/Niffy A/Niffy Ressies will beat us anyway.......
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:15 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

If we lose it will all be a deliberate ruse to lull you into a false sense of security for our game!!

where has all the confidence gone??

Think it wud be wrong for anyone to take their opposition lightly in this division
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:21 pm

You will see for yourself Ross Wink 3rd season of being player manager now, no wonder I'm going bald

Get said chips from Grimsby Fisheries... Very Happy £2.10 for a large bag to feed all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

where has all the confidence gone??

Think it wud be wrong for anyone to take their opposition lightly in this division

The confidence is there, but just aware that there are some good teams in our division. This game will probably be a bit above us at the moment, i think we will do them in the return leg. But as far as i am concerned, the season starts on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:43 pm

We are missing Dave Ilnicki, Chris Cooper and our star defender for the game...will be giving it our best shot, but it makes it a lot more difficult when you lose players of that quality......
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 12:53 pm

to true but sure they will prob have players missing, shud be a good game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 1:05 pm

Absolutely mate, got a good squad and i have faith in the lads that will come in...
A lot depends on Niffy and the players they use....but i am sure we can give them a game....up the NRI!!!!!
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 2:49 pm

L B Talbot 6 The Wheel 0 (3-0)ht

Talbot started the game well went 1 up with in 10 mins and then 2 up 5 mins later then talbot was slopping in the middle give the ball away to easly 4 20 mins which agaist some teams we will be punished the went 3 nil up half time made a change and was solid 4 the second half pass the ball well winning everything in the air score 3 more goals with good passing open the defence up with better finishing could have bin about 10
callum boulter
dave whitehead
will gonga 4

great way to start the season !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 4:03 pm

Will Gonga - thats a class name!!!
Good result mate....
Back to top Go down
Kylinhio

Kylinhio

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

chubby wrote:

oh dear, i was playing on the other pitch for the 1st team and i only saw 1 reserves player show up and he came as sub for us....
Was definetly the "A" team who beat you!! lol
none of our teams struggle to get teams together with all three teams easily managing 14-15 players every week all of last season and during pre-season, maybe you should look at your own bad proformance before calling us cheats!!!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 8:59 am

Tomassi wrote:
We're at home mate, bring me some chips...
Mmmmm.....chips!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 9:04 am

Keep the chips away from my goal, i need to focus tonight!! Gonna be busy!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

If Katie doesn't show up with some chips i'll be very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September   Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for games played on Wednesday, 1st September
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next