Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Your view of last season

Go down 
+17
Tomassi
Declan Swan
Screech Powers
freeagent86
spartamoshdock
Sparta3
phoenix_plum
Skeems
riley
Gifford
RM05
Stroller
Jimmyb
Sparky
dee_aitcho
Polska legend II
Aussie Owl
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Your view of last season Empty
PostSubject: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 7:38 pm

This has been copied from a post made by Wilko on the Charnwood Forum. I hope he doesn't mind but it is such a good topic, Thanks to Wilko

Your teams best performance of the season:

Your teams worst performance of the season:

Best Ground played at:

Worst Ground played at:

Suprise package of the league:

Best referee performance:

Biggest moaners:

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?:

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words:
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 8:00 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:

Your teams best performance of the season: 1st half away against Advance Couriers. 1-1 half time!

Your teams worst performance of the season: Niffy away. Lost 8-0 and the only game we didn't score in

Best Ground played at: Knighton Park when the sun is out and the Oak is open

Worst Ground played at: Anywhere we've lost (yes, quite a few then)

Suprise package of the league: The left back who made his debut for us at the age of 36

Best referee performance: Anyone where you don't notice him

Biggest moaners: Our back 4. Not surprising really

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: the rainbow

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: Polska won't fold
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:59 pm

Most players would say the 1-0 win against Willows (coincidently, I wasn't there), but I would say being the last game we played against Western, we shown how good we can be, just the lack of subs made it hard.

The loses against Sunbury and also Western.

Best Ground played at:

Exeter (not the travelling though)

Worst Ground played at:

Sunbury

Sunbury, no one suggested them for the League this year.

Gordon Wells or Clive Bruce

Biggest moaners:

Theres been a few....my team included!!

Hopefully we will have challenged for honours

and finally....

Injuries and let-downs.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 10:27 pm

West End United

Your teams best performance of the season: 4-4 draw vs Willows(4-2 down with 5 to play)

Your teams worst performance of the season: Losing 3-1 at home to Talbot

Best Ground played at: LM United

Worst Ground played at: Ours (Winstanley)

Suprise package of the league: Sunbury

Best referee performance: John Farrell - Top drawer referee

Biggest moaners: Exeter / Western Although in fairness 90% of Westerns moaning is Shep !!

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Hopefully we get relegated to div 4 and compete better than we did this season, we wont be strengthening but keeping the same faces who have not let us down over the last 5 years
and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words

Not Very Good
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 10:56 pm

Fosse City.

Your teams best performance of the season: Considering the quality of opposition, probably beating Trinderbox 4-1 in the stokes semi.

Your teams worst performance of the season: Losing 2-1 at Sporting Wigston, occassion got the better of us!

Best Ground played at: Holmes Park Smile

Worst Ground played at: EFC

Suprise package of the league: Not really sure there was one in division 4, maybe Sporting finishing 2nd, considering they only ever had any interest in the cup competitions Wink

Best referee performance: Steve Hill - legend.

Biggest moaners: Us without doubt, when things aren't going our way.

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: depends which division we're in, hopefully we'll have won more than we've lost and had another trip to holmes park.

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: Pretty Damn Satisfying
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:24 am

Your teams best performance of the season: 2-0 win over Sparta Moshdock in Billy Walton, a real team perfomance that got its just reward in extra time. Special mention also to the Throops away game, the Gaffer was jetting off to his new life in the States the following morning and all the boys made sure he went away with a smile on his face

Your teams worst performance of the season: Fosters semi-final against Throops, 3 down in 10 minutes gave us too much work

Best Ground played at: Our own to be honest!!!!!!

Worst Ground played at: St Pats was horrible, middle of the pitch was bone hard and all rutted while one end was a complete bog

Suprise package of the league: That St Pats were as average as they were, even after signing a load of ex-Terratruck lads

Best referee performance: I always get on well with Gordon, a fair ref who enjoys the banter

Biggest moaners: The McNairns, no further comment needed

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Hopefully we'll be up there challenging again

and finally....

Wednesday, Friday, Sunday!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:37 am

Assistant Secretary wrote:
This has been copied from a post made by Wilko on the Charnwood Forum. I hope he doesn't mind but it is such a good topic, Thanks to Wilko

Your teams best performance of the season: for me its got to be our cup win against the boys at AC Wigston (i wont mention the score Dee) but that day we played some quality footy a lot of teams would of struggled with.

Your teams worst performance of the season: losing to Sunbury at our place 3-1 - we were bad that day and in the end proved a costly loss.
Best Ground played at: Holmes park

Worst Ground played at: Sunbury's after the snow we had! was like an ice rink...

Suprise package of the league: Ill go with Sunbury aswell as they werent touted as winning anything but went about their business quietly and ended up winning the league...

Best referee performance: hmmmm, the ones where they wasnt noticed.

Biggest moaners: Exeter or should i say Laughton moaned a hell of a lot....

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Div 2 champions Smile

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: county cup winners Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 12:08 pm

Humbo

Your teams best performance of the season: Stuffing magna town at there place proble best all round performance from us
Your teams worst performance of the season: Losing twice to fosse

Best Ground played at: LM Uniteds Ground

Worst Ground played at: Birstall Rangers

Suprise package of the league: us as we were expected to do rubbish yet sneaking promotion not a bad turn out

Best referee performance: ?.

Biggest moaners: Us even when things are going are way.

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: if our new signings pull off i will be on bench but at the same time we will do well
and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: Load of S**T
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 12:58 pm

magna town

Your teams best performance of the season: princes feather away in the county cup quater final came from behind twice and played really well
Your teams worst performance of the season: county cup semi against western athletic or the humbo game
Best Ground played at: holmes park
Worst Ground played at: ?

Suprise package of the league: fosse for me i didnt expect t5hem to run away with the league and win the cup after last season
Best referee performance: ?

Biggest moaners: birstall

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: depends what happens with the leagues and cups
Describe your season in 3 words: not that bad
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 1:41 pm

Definately the 2-1 away win at Sparta Moshdock. Pivital game

There are not to many. In the county cup the 5-2 defeat to Gilmorton

Best Ground played at:
Accies

Worst Ground played at:
Probably AFC Hurricanes

Moshdock not finishing at least 2nd

Graham Swan

Biggest moaners:
There were not many moaners in our league to be honest, if I had to choose probably Shakespeare Inn

Hopefully with a solid mid table season in the prem

and finally....

The Invincible Champions!
Back to top Go down
phoenix_plum

phoenix_plum

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 3:13 pm

Phoenix United (div 5)

Your teams best performance of the season: beating MDH Knights with 9 men in the cup Smile

Your teams worst performance of the season: A shocking 5-1 defeat to Kormska

Best Ground played at: Playing against CSKA Carnabys on 3g astro turf at loughborough uni

Worst Ground played at: knighton park, take your pick on which pitch

Suprise package of the league: probably us (phoenix), promoted 1st season in a competitive league

Best referee performance: fack knows

Biggest moaners: Moaner: the chairman of LK Old boys, John!

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: If trinderbox go away, theres no reason we cant achieve back to back promotion from div4

and finally....

first season promotion Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 4:08 pm

Your teams best performance of the season: 2-1 win against Phoenix on Easter Monday (after playing the day before too.

Your teams worst performance of the season: losses of 4-1 to LK and 3-0 to The Wheel early on were probably the worst.

Best Ground played at: Harrow (nice big pitch)

Worst Ground played at: not really had a bad one, maybe Mossdale due to the bog early on in the season

Suprise package of the league: erm... surprised ourselves with the second half of the season

Best referee performance: The bloke whoe reffed us against LK at home (can't remember his name but it might have been that Farrell bloke)

Biggest moaners: Niffy A

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: TOP (behaind next year's pot hunters)

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: improved through seaosn
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 4:28 pm

SPARTA MOSHDOCK:

Your teams best performance of the season: Away cup win against Cross Keys

Your teams worst performance of the season: Various, but probably cup semi-final defeat against Baloonatics.

Best Ground played at: Accies...although that is disappointing considering we made the semi-final of the county cup.

Worst Ground played at: Our own.

Suprise package of the league: Magna '73...impressive to go all season unbeaten.

Best referee performance: A few.

Biggest moaners: Definately us.

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Hopefully challenging for the Divsion 1 title.

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: A - LET - DOWN
Back to top Go down
freeagent86

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:00 pm

Fosse City:

Your teams best performance of the season: Definately the 4-1 win over Trinderbox in the Stokes Semi

Your teams worst performance of the season: 3-2 Away at Birstall towards the end of the season. The worst performance by a mile, how we won i will never know.

Best Ground played at: Holmes Park

Worst Ground played at: E FC

Suprise package of the league: Ourselves really...after last season it has been a remarkable turnaround.

Best referee performance: I have the agree with Jimmy B, Steve Hill by a fair distance.

Biggest moaners: Birstall

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Midtable in 2/3

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: League Cup Double
Back to top Go down
Screech Powers

Screech Powers

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 5:31 pm

Your teams best performance of the season: Probably Humberstone at home, right at the start of the 15 match winning run. We were third bottom and would have settled for a point, but we played really well from the very start and won 6-3.

Your teams worst performance of the season: We had a shocking 10 minute spell against Superfly first match of the season which cost us the game; but most frustrating was the 3-1 loss to Magna in the Stokes Cup, it was just a boring, nothing game which we never got started in.

Best Ground played at: Our's has probably been one of the better pitches. For facilities Lutterworth Town's ground for the Magna game and MDH away.

Worst Ground played at: Sileby away for the County Cup Semi-final, made an absolute mockery of the whole competition. Still p****d off with that now.

Surprise package of the league: Superfly - don't understand why they were so low down.

Best referee performance: Hmm, Akil H was good. For someone so young he was quite mature and used common sense, a thing some of the older referees could learn from.

Biggest moaners: Fosse - not just saying it for a bite. The games against them were far too hyped up and they just became niggly and frustrating. Despite winning 2 out of 3 against them, probably the least enjoyable games of the season.

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: I predict 4th/5th in Division 3!
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:53 pm

I would have to say Birstall away early on in the season. Both unbeaten, Birstall were turning heads and had conceeded about 2 goals in 10 games. We set out to prove a point and it was nothing less than a demolition. 8-2 and I don't think Birstall knew what had hit them. They never actually recovered from that.

Could pick one of many from the last few games of the season. Will have to go for Desford at home. We were shocking. Even arguably the best goal of the season couldn't make any difference to the game. We had two pretty shocking games against Sporting too. Didn't want them to turn into niggly games but I got to hold my hands up and say that my cousins mind games probably got to me Very Happy

Best Ground played at:

Holmes Park

Worst Ground played at:

EFC, talk about a hill.

Surprise package of the league:

I knew Sporting, Magna and Humbo would be up there. Hardest team we played against of the remaining teams would have to be Superfly.

Steve Hill. If it can take a cigar, it can take a stud !

Biggest moaners: Me, without a doubt. I'm a right cretin. But not just on the football pitch, everywhere. I hate life. I have issues.

We will win the league. Whichever one we get put in.

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: unbeaten since november.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:01 pm

Sparta Parva Reserves

Your teams best performance of the season: Phoenix Away Win, absolutely dominated the game against a decent team!

Your teams worst performance of the season: Hat and Beaver away, 4-0 up inside 20 mins, lost 6-5! I had to buy their skipper a pint, was not happy!

Best Ground played at: Red Arrow

Worst Ground played at: Komrska (accompanied with plastic ball)

Suprise package of the league: Harrow not being higher up

Best referee performance: Good ol' Gordon, banter and consistency aplenty

Biggest moaners:
Our first team after I signed Basil Brush for them Embarassed Sorry Welshy!

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Mid-table obscurity

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: Mid Table Obscurity
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 9:32 am

Throops (Div 2)

Your teams best performance of the season: Fosters Semi Final 8-4 beating of Gutho

Your teams worst performance of the season: Fengate at home, losing to 9 men early on

Best Ground played at: Holmes Park, and scored Smile

Worst Ground played at: probably Beaumont Town 2009

Suprise package of the league: didnt know much about Great Wigston before start of season so has to be them

Best referee performance: little asian guy impressed me this season, cant recall his name (Moderator - Abbas Khan)

Biggest moaners: nothing that you dont expect during games really.

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: hopefully with a few new faces challenging for division 2 title

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words:[/quote]
pre-season targets achieved
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 5:51 pm

Your teams best performance of the season: 4 - 2 defeat against Trinderbox(took them all the way to the end)

Your teams worst performance of the season: 1 - 0 defeat by Red Arrow

Best Ground played at: F C Kibworths at Mkt Harborough

Worst Ground played at: Hat and Beaver (needed me sat nav to find it on WesternPark) and Our pitch at Winstanley (think we of been in top 3 if we could win at home)

Suprise package of the league: ???????????

Best referee performance: Cory had a couple of good games

Biggest moaners: Exeter Arms Res and ME of course Embarassed

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Top 3 if we can get another pitch and keep all our players.

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: played all season Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 6:59 am

Your teams best performance of the season: AC WIGSTON IN THE CUP

Your teams worst performance of the season: BEES KNEES FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON

Best Ground played at: HOLMES PARK

Worst Ground played at: AFC BEAUMONT

Suprise package of the league: (NOT IN OUR DIVISION BUT ) GLENNY TOWN 4TH IN THE PREM AND SEMI FINAL OF THE BILLY WALTON. PRETTY GOOD FOR THERE FIRST YEAR IN THE TOP DIVISION.

Best referee performance: MARK LEVER

Biggest moaners: EXETER ARMS.

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: IN THE TOP 3 OF DIV 2

and finally....

BEST ONE YET
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 9:03 am

Magna Town 2008

Your teams best performance of the season: Beating Sporting Wigston 3-1 in Stokes Cup

Your teams worst performance of the season: Losing 8-2 to Western Athletic in Semi Final of County Cup

Best Ground played at: Holmes Park

Worst Ground played at: Princes Feathers County Cup Q/F just for the shear bog in the middle of the park

Suprise package of the league: Sporting Wigston- recovering so well from their early season glitch- deserved 2nd after their run in!

Best referee performance: the guy we had for Lutterworth Knights Away- cant remember his name. very good ref

Biggest moaners: sorry but Marc Blackwell (Blackie) and Birstall. Each time we played them one of their players stormed off the pitch!

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: Depending which division we are in (4 i hope!) then challenging once again and another cup run Smile

and finally....

Describe your season in 3 words: successive cup finalists
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 5:55 pm

Your teams best performance of the season: erm.... losing 1-0 at Countesthorpe last game of season

Your teams worst performance of the season: Talbot away. the shame.

Best Ground played at: Three Nuns

Worst Ground played at: Talbot/Sunbury

Suprise package of the league: Sunbury

Best referee performance: Richie Robertson

Biggest moaners: Exeter Arms

Where do you see your team at the end of 2010/2011 season?: somewhere between 1st and 14th

and finally....

pronounced dead (bad times) resussitated (good times) only to be left with severe learning difficulties - sent to a long rehabilitation in division 4
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

oh 3 words Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your view of last season   Your view of last season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your view of last season
Page 1 of 1