Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League

Go down 
+15
tysmith c.n.f.c
ex ressys bossman
Hellboy
candy
Gifford
riley
Declan Swan
WEUR
Capello
freeagent86
Orange
Sparta3
Skeems
Aussie Owl
dee_aitcho
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Empty
PostSubject: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:29 pm

Evening gents,

Quick background - setting up a new team in the Alliance league. We have a few lads who play in Div 2 in the LSFL, none overly special but certainly comfy at that level, then we have a few lads who used to play for office update and a couple of lads who played for Fosse City when they were in the bottom division. I dont know much about the Alliance league, but where would you compare it to the LSFL? Serious question, we are looking at four or five (obviously down to the league), originally i was hoping four, but the three best players arent interested. We will have good numbers and a great team spirit and are looking to bring two or three players in, obviously i dont know their standard until we get them!
Where would you suggest going? Dont want to be in a relegation battle but dont want to be labelled pot hunters! We would be top three in the bottom two divisions of the LSFL if we started in either of them....cheers for the help...oh and if anyone who can bang in 40 goals a season needs a club then let me know, we dont have much pace lol
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 11:52 pm

I watched Wigston Car Breakers vs GNG on Sunday, and that was truly poor, think that was Division one, and on the pitch next to us, was Aylestone United, which was Division 2, and that was even worse.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 8:40 am

Good and very reasonable question but please do not post any message which LSL could interpret as being offensive or "not in the best interests of the game". We do not want to make yet another appearance at Holmes Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 12:37 pm

My apologies, it wasnt the intention...and Dee_aitcho, Ayelstone that was very poor - thats my team! I guess that answers my question then...looking forward to div 5!!!

Just like to point out though, i wasnt playing and if i was, we would have sparkled!!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 12:51 pm

lol!

Thats classic "Aylestone United were poor" and it turns out to be Newby's team!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:03 pm

haha i wish mate, only bringing a couple of them, the rest are a ramshackle bunch of lads lol...you wait though, building something special (not in a retarded sense!!).

To be fair, i wasnt sure whether to push for div 4 or 5, but i guess that we can apply for division 5…one thing I will guarantee is that we will complete all our fixtures!! And all will be welcome down the pub after!
Looking forward to taking some giant killings next year in the cups!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:13 pm

haha ok, why don't you get the LSL to invest in some windows for them to lick
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:44 pm

Newby wrote:
haha i wish mate, only bringing a couple of them, the rest are a ramshackle bunch of lads lol...you wait though, building something special (not in a retarded sense!!).

To be fair, i wasnt sure whether to push for div 4 or 5, but i guess that we can apply for division 5…one thing I will guarantee is that we will complete all our fixtures!! And all will be welcome down the pub after!
Looking forward to taking some giant killings next year in the cups!

You shuldn't have aid that!
Back to top Go down
Orange

Orange

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 2:56 pm

Division 2 LSL to Division 5 Alliance? hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Suspect
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 3:52 pm

Not sure which Aylestone as there's about 4 teams. It was the pink and black kit. The opposition and a 6 foot 4 lad, must of been 18 stone and he looked the best of the bunch.

Scored a lob aswell....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:48 pm

Dont worry gents, we have a meeting this week and will be totally open about who we have, i know one of the guys off here and he knows that we wont pothunt.
Dee_aitcho, that was us...but he wasnt the best of the bunch
Orange....we will only have a few of the div 2 players
Sparta....i have confidence
Everyone...if we were pot hunters, i would have kept quiet..................................hence the question...............no fun spanking teams every week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:37 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
haha ok, why don't you get the LSL to invest in some windows for them to lick

We can afford our own windows thank you very much!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freeagent86

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:29 pm

Who have you signed from the old Fosse side? Be good to see a few faces back in the Alliance!!
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:32 pm

I fancy playing in div 5 next year i watched a game this week it was dreadful. . I have played in div 2 lsl this year and its about bottom end of div 3 newby
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 3:26 pm

u looking for a new team capello?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 5:21 pm

We have Ian Hickling from Fosse, and should be one other...we are loading the team with pace as you can see lol
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 7:38 pm

WEUR wrote:
u looking for a new team capello?? Very Happy

I think so confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 7:51 pm

You know where to come mate!
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 7:53 pm

Like i said mate keep me informed of whats happening with your situation being accepted into the alliance league! Smile
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:07 pm

Chicko will run riot in div 5
Back to top Go down
freeagent86

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:08 pm

Pace...Chicko...not a chance!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:09 pm

Declan Swan wrote:
Chicko will run riot in div 5

Obviously you dont know Chicko
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:10 pm

Fosse_Manager wrote:
Pace...Chicko...not a chance!

Obviously you know Chicko
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 10:07 am

chicko would run riot in div 5!!!

we fineshed fourth in dive 4 behind 3 very good teams and i think we played 1 leic sunday league team from div 3 there was no comparison div 4 alliance was alot higher standard
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 11:01 am

agreed we played 1 team won 7 - 0 without even breaking into a sweat

Edited by moderator
Back to top Go down
candy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 3:26 pm

one word forest hotspur ok then two words
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 3:29 pm

candy wrote:

Best team around for miles.
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 3:34 pm

only quality team in lsl think i already mentioned that one
Back to top Go down
ex ressys bossman

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 6:22 pm

Hellboy wrote:
candy wrote:

Best team around for miles.
are you serious?? they've won a mikey mouse league with ease but when them came up against gosport from the lsl prem in the cup they lost and prem sports hammered gosport 7-1 or 7-2 in the county cup,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 7:37 pm

not sure Forest actually lost, i think they got kicked out for fielding illegible player...may be wrong. Not sure Forest Hotspurs are the best team, i used to think so, but saw them against Beauy (quality team) who were well drilled and held their line very well. Not seen Advance yet, but i think it would be unfair to say Forest are better...wait till next season....if.....
Back to top Go down
ex ressys bossman

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 4:08 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
not sure Forest actually lost, i think they got kicked out for fielding illegible player...may be wrong. Not sure Forest Hotspurs are the best team, i used to think so, but saw them against Beauy (quality team) who were well drilled and held their line very well. Not seen Advance yet, but i think it would be unfair to say Forest are better...wait till next season....if.....
they lost 3-2 trust me adavance would double figure them,
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 2:05 pm

ex ressys bossman wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
they lost 3-2 trust me adavance would double figure them,
like advance double figured notts wmc??? 3-2 if i'm correct. then forest hotspur won notts 8-0. it's all on the day in my opinion. you never what team, teams have out
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 2:49 pm

The LSL forum is one of the busiest around, has the most members, and a wide range of topics, and has a lot more freedom of speech.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 3:21 pm

that's why i'm on here Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 3:23 pm

More members than the alliance? You sure mate? That would surprise me. To be fair, the LSL is undergoing a major overhaul and i hope its brought up to the same level as the alliance as there are a lot of top class lads in that league...
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 3:31 pm

i wasnt having a pop at eithor league was just making a point, teams beat each other from both leagues but will say the alliance is far better and more challenging maybe and hopefully one day that will change and have some league games alliance v lsl as im sure the new committe at the lsl will be up dor it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 3:41 pm

hopefully before i hang my gloves up..........
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 4:48 pm

polska legend wrote:
The LSL forum is one of the busiest around, has the most members, and a wide range of topics, and has a lot more freedom of speech.

1 right out of 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 5:16 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
polska legend wrote:

1 right out of 4.

Would that be the "One of" statement?
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 9:16 am

Assistant Secretary wrote:
polska legend wrote:

1 right out of 4.

The previous Alliance league forum was the forum of all football forums, even if i do say so myself.

Around these parts anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League   Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance compared to Leicester Sunday League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next