Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league

Go down 
+10
dezza
Aussie Owl
Spy
trueblue
Duane
Paul Daniels
Widds
Skeems
sgoodman
mowmacre fc
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Empty
PostSubject: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 9:41 pm

those who dont know frair lane are hosting this game wednesday 17th 7.30
not sure who picks teams but some that sounds intresting why cant our alliance get involved and arrange a friendly against other league im sure there is a lot off good players in alliance that called upon will accept and take part i could be 5th sub
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 10:02 pm

We used to play the Hinckley Sunday League in an annual game but it was finished by the Hinckley Sunday League due to comments on this forum I believe.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 10:05 pm

The Alliance hasn't got good rep with the other leagues I think. I don't think any of the other leagues would welcome the idea
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 10:12 pm

i tried to push this about a year ago, but the response wasn't positive. Apparently there was quite a bit of trouble between fans! Also, players pulling out was a big problem. Shame as i think it would be immense
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:22 am

What about a select side from the Prem v's a select side from Div 1? Or would that just not work?

Although if it's played at Friar lanes ground it's not really something you'd maybe want to be involved with. Terrible terrible venue.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 5:59 pm

Used to be a nightmare for the manager with players dropping out etc, I played for the Alliance league quite a few times when Neil Costello used to pick the rep side,...used to be a good occasion going to play leagues from Sheffield/Derby etc at half decent grounds like Desborough & Shepshed,.....oh those were the days,...lol

You cant beat the clock,...lol
Back to top Go down
trueblue

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

im shore the lsl might consider a reps match if given enough time to sort 1 ! always good for local leagues to lock horns for 1 night lol
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 7:16 pm

im sure if alliance league made inquires and maybe likes off melton league , birmingham festival league , and son on leagues that are around midlands im sure they would come up with summiit exciting
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

So...

Who's going to manage this team?

Would there be a selection meeting?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:18 pm

The annual game against HSL was for the Shirl Beasley Trophy. Shirl was the league secretary of the Sth Leics League which, together with the Harborough League was the basis for the Alliance. I personally was gutted when Hinckley Ref Society pulled the plug,because I had a long and happy relationship with Shirl. SGoodman is right in that a posting which was on this Forum for a few hours caused offence in spite of many and profuse apologies.

Having said all of that, league rep games are not favoured because:

very late drop outs by players usually resulted in the manager's players being in the majority

the very high cost (pitch hire of up to £120 +VAT, officials, hospitality, coach hire for away games, etc)

and most of all, in spite of much publicity attendance usually consisting of some Committee members and only a handful of other spectators.

Incidentally, our game at Sheffield kicked off about an hour late because I had to go round knocking on players' doors and then taking them up in my car (at my expense) with the coach being virtually empty. How embarrassing. Needless to say, that competition folded not long after.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
The annual game against HSL was for the Shirl Beasley Trophy. Shirl was the league secretary of the Sth Leics League which, together with the Harborough League was the basis for the Alliance. I personally was gutted when Hinckley Ref Society pulled the plug,because I had a long and happy relationship with Shirl. SGoodman is right in that a posting which was on this Forum for a few hours caused offence in spite of many and profuse apologies.

Having said all of that, league rep games are not favoured because:

very late drop outs by players usually resulted in the manager's players being in the majority

the very high cost (pitch hire of up to £120 +VAT, officials, hospitality, coach hire for away games, etc)

and most of all, in spite of much publicity attendance usually consisting of some Committee members and only a handful of other spectators.

Incidentally, our game at Sheffield kicked off about an hour late because I had to go round knocking on players' doors and then taking them up in my car (at my expense) with the coach being virtually empty. How embarrassing. Needless to say, that competition folded not long after.

Not the game I'm think of Dennis,.the one I remember was at Shepshed and I only remember cos I scored two,.lol,.think it finished 2-2.. I used to enjoy those games,.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 8:33 pm

I'll run it with malc heggs haha

Gk prem sports keeper, lb dean edwards all other defensive position I'm not sure of haha midfield I'll go with louis finney-neckles,tom hill,lee barret and levi porter,then wheeler and himan upfront !!!

I've just remembered loads of other players I've not mentioned, my excuse is I know the ones mentioned haha what would everyone else select 11 be?
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm

Squad of 15, 2 gk, 5 def, 5 mid, 3 att

gk: Andy Taylor (Prem Sports), Tom Curtis (Glenfield Town)

def: Dean Edwards (FC Azzuri), Nick Grant (Advance), Wayne Dean (Star), Ryan Hawker (Star), Dave Illinicki (NRI)

mid: Ant Marriott (Advance), Jim Mee (Star), Danny Geary (Car Breakers), Adam Parry (Glenfield), Danny Gallagher (Car Breakers)

att: Darren Wheeler (Advance), Aaron Preston (Sparta Moshdock), George Himan (Star)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:42 pm

don't we have a competition like this already - called the County Cup?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 9:47 pm

Got to agree with the Dave Ilnicki shout, quality striker, but absolutely mustard at centre half, best i have seen in sunday footie...
From players i have seen, i would have to have Tom Hill, Jim Mee, Dean Edwards and Himan in the side...only reason i dont say Wheeler is that i have only seen him once, but scoring record says he would be in there...dont really know enough other players...
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2012, 10:01 pm

a fully fit Wheeler would be in any side without doubt!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 7:58 am

sgoodman wrote:
Squad of 15, 2 gk, 5 def, 5 mid, 3 att

gk: Andy Taylor (Prem Sports), Tom Curtis (Glenfield Town)

def: Dean Edwards (FC Azzuri), Nick Grant (Advance), Wayne Dean (Star), Ryan Hawker (Star), Dave Illinicki (NRI)

mid: Ant Marriott (Advance), Jim Mee (Star), Danny Geary (Car Breakers), Adam Parry (Glenfield), Danny Gallagher (Car Breakers)

att: Darren Wheeler (Advance), Aaron Preston (Sparta Moshdock), George Himan (Star)

Good line up!! Think I'd have tom hill over danny geary though, would definitley have louis aswell most dangerous winger in the league in my opinion! Maybe need to have a squad of 18 too many good players
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:03 pm

Your still missing people from the lower leagues..

Leon Doughty
Matt Orme
Adam Dyke
Chris Rudkin
Scott Williams

and thats just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Lee Barrett...Tom Hill....Levi Porter would be in there...deffo.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:27 pm

That's why I've got them in my midfield helly haha
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:44 pm

You're one of them on my foes list. Razz
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

Hey!!! Why am I a foe????lol
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 4:32 pm

Lol u lot plump for the big names as for levi porter are u for real the guys poor!!! tom welford from us would walk in ny team... dan phillips absolute rock of a centre half
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

Spy wrote:
Your still missing people from the lower leagues..

Leon Doughty
Matt Orme
Adam Dyke
Chris Rudkin
Scott Williams

and thats just to name a few.

That's a joke right?...
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

Tommy Welford
Clint Gunn
Ashley Morris
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 7:23 pm

Ash robbo of hotshots..
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2012, 10:11 am

Players from the lower leagues dont count as the majority are playing against players who are well below there standard. Not a fair judge of ability. It would be like Jordan Henderson playing for AFC Wimbledon, probs be quality, but awful when up against decent players.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2012, 10:20 am

you've never seen ash robbo play then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league   hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hinckley sunday league vs leicester sunday league
Page 1 of 1