Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

After match hospitality

Go down 
+4
phil_brown
the owl
Pete Mourinho
Aussie Owl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

After match hospitality Empty
PostSubject: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2014, 10:28 pm

It's always good to explain your bad luck and chew the cud after the game.

Does your club invite the opposition and ref to your local after the game?

Does the local provide anything to make them welcome?
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014, 9:24 am

We go one better, we don't even have to leave the ground Smile

We always invite everyone to stay and join us for a beer at Huncote, less and less seem to take up the offer. Same on a Saturday with the district league sides.

Seems to be a dying habit. Working on how we can get food on too to try and encourage more to stay.

The only level of football that seems to stay for a beer win or lose is at Vets level.....
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014, 12:14 pm

we always go back to the hoskins who always do us proud,gave up telling the opposition though as no one seems that interested.the lads from keepers lodge were the last team to join us pre season but they were local,i think most clubs want to get back to their own boozer.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm

My mum does hot food & drinks at the game so if you play or draw us in a cup you're in for a treat. We do go back to Sileby WMC but no-one has been back with us yet!! We now play in Wymeswold so may be an idea to go back to a boozer in there first now!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm

phil_brown wrote:
My mum does hot food & drinks at the game so if you play or draw us in a cup you're in for a treat. We do go back to Sileby WMC but no-one has been back with us yet!! We now play in Wymeswold so may be an idea to go back to a boozer in there first now!

What time does your mum get there? we are playing away in Loughborough next week, I might be tempted to stop for breakfast on the way lol!
Back to top Go down
Desford_Athletic

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014, 5:20 pm

We offer food to all teams that play against us at the blue bell.
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014, 6:41 pm

We welcome all teams into the bar at friar lane for a drink, though as others have said not many take up the offer.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014, 12:35 am

Why does your club not accept the invitation?

At least have the courtesy to explain the reason if you do not do so.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014, 10:36 am

top lads at Azurri even invite the referee back for a drink! (maybe accepting ups the referees marks by an extra 10?)

I had to decline the kind offer on account of my mums excellent sunday dinner waiting for me!
Back to top Go down
Desford_Athletic

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014, 7:04 pm

We never decline any offers of a pub thts wot Sundays are there for
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2014, 9:14 am

Pete Mourinho wrote:
phil_brown wrote:

What time does your mum get there? we are playing away in Loughborough next week, I might be tempted to stop for breakfast on the way lol!

Haha we're away on Sunday, though I live in Barrow upon Soar so more than welcome to swing by for 16 Bacon rolls en route!! (at a cost) Laughing
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2014, 8:26 pm

GazLCFC wrote:
We welcome all teams into the bar at friar lane for a drink, though as others have said not many take up the offer.

Problem when we went, 14 at bar and a slow barmaid!! Waited 30 mins for a drink!! Possibly why teams go to their local as they get served quicker!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After match hospitality
Page 1 of 1