Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

After match hospitality

Go down 
+16
timmy mallet
dezza
johnmeode
Polska legend II
Bucko
CSKA17
Paul Daniels
karljackoLKS
Fishandchips
Jenko
Skeems
Hellboy
mowmacre fc
Jimmyb
Sparta3
Aussie Owl
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

After match hospitality Empty
PostSubject: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 9:46 am

Which team has the best food, beer, atmosphere and welcome after the match?

What do you think?

What does your club do?

Do you invite the ref?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:06 am

The Royalist are the only team to have invited us to their pub this season. Sausages and chips were much appreciated. I don't remember too many invites last year either.

The best atmosphere/welcome was from Phoenix when we played them a few years ago. I think it was at The Viking Tun(?). Really good banter with them and a warm welcome. The referee on the day also came along.

After home games we go to The Old Library in Oadby but to be honest, because we aren't sponsored by them and do not get any food put on, we do not invite the opposition.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

Fosse have yet to be invited for post match beverages this season, whether that's a reflection on us or just that the opposition don't bother I'm not too sure. Enderby are the only team to have joined us in the Winchester so far this season. High quality sausage and chips is usually on the menu.

I don't believe we've ever invited the ref to join us, I've never really thought about doing it and I wouldn't imagine too many refs would be interested to be honest. In future, referees will (as long as we are on decent terms) get an invite. Thurmaston, yesterday, were the first team we haven't invited. It really would have been a great show if both them and the ref had joined us.

Both Moshdock and Wigston Rangers (who nicked our seats yesterday Mad ) also drink in the Winchester every week so they must be doing something right.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:23 am

Sparta3 wrote:
The Royalist are the only team to have invited us to their pub this season. Sausages and chips were much appreciated. I don't remember too many invites last year either.

The best atmosphere/welcome was from Phoenix when we played them a few years ago. I think it was at The Viking Tun(?). Really good banter with them and a warm welcome. The referee on the day also came along.

After home games we go to The Old Library in Oadby but to be honest, because we aren't sponsored by them and do not get any food put on, we do not invite the opposition.

Correct, we used to drink in the Tun alongside Phoenix. Food was also good down there, they'd rustle up something different most weeks. We even enjoyed a carvery for a quid, great investment that was.

Big shame that its been replaced by a coop now.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:25 am

yes hoskins always puts food on and away team always welcome .
stu wade used to come down one sunday he didnt even ref us he reffed bullshead and poped in hoskins for beer and food
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:27 am

Fairfield Dynamo for me, lovely hotdogs, a tad on the small side, generous hospitality, and very welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:34 am

fc hoskins wrote:
stu wade used to come down one sunday he didnt even ref us he reffed bullshead and poped in hoskins for beer and food

Will you be joining us in the Winchester next week mate? Or heading back to your local?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:35 am

How many teams are actually "linked" to a pub? i.e. they get sponsorship or food put on.

Can't be many?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

I think there will be quite a few. We are sponsored by the Winchester, which in my eyes makes us their favourite team even if others have been drinking in there longer!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:45 am

We don't invite anybody back to the Star & Garter, its always full anyway with us and the Advance lads.

We have not been invited anywhere ourselves either, FC Hob in the County Cup were the only side to offer us any grub at the local which we turned down.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 10:59 am

We are sponsored by the Tom Thumb in blaby and they always put food on after for us!
Fleckney are the only team to have joined us this season I think down there!
I am guessing most teams go back to there own locals as we do on away days so we dont really invite teams unless they mention it
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

We've started using the Royalist too and they are also sponsoring us and putting up a bit of food each week, although I don't think we've had a home game since this started, before that we had a drink in the Harborough Town club house after the game and the opposition and Ref often came in for 1.

Huncote are the only side i can think of that invited us back, but we got lost and gave up looking for the pub......
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
karljackoLKS

karljackoLKS

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:33 am

although our lads wanted to shoot off that day, little bowden invited us back for food, dont know if thats because im a friend of matthew`s or if they do it for everyone as i cant see them mentioned ....... must be a market harborough thing!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leicesterklubsportowy.wordpress.com
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:40 am

Well we are sponsored by the DBA but we are named after The Royal in Broughton so we drink their after games along with Barcabullona and Dunton and Broughton from from the Hinckley League so the pub is usually pretty full.

However we always welcome the opposition side as the beer is cheap and there's Soccer Sunday to look forward to. We are having food put on in the coming weeks.

In all fairness we haven't been invited to anyone elses boozer in our league, apart from Hoskins last season.

Will have to say that if anyone draws Real Ale Madrid in the county cup away, then defo go to their pub as the put on loads of grub. We had chilli, rice, chips and shepherds pie a plenty, beaut.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:12 pm

Quote :
Will have to say that if anyone draws Real Ale Madrid in the county cup away, then defo go to their pub as the put on loads of grub. We had chilli, rice, chips and shepherds pie a plenty, beaut.

Think I have found a new club....................
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:34 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

Think I have found a new club....................

Ha! Yeah definately worth the trip to Melton.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:37 pm

We go back to the white horse in quorn who put on chip cobs for us. Only Blaby have joined us so far, but ref (pete scriven) often does.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:51 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
We go back to the white horse in quorn who put on chip cobs for us. Only Blaby have joined us so far, but ref (pete scriven) often does.

That the pub next to the mini roundabout
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

the royal oak seemed to have turned a corner and after nearly all games this season have put on food, even going out their way yesterday which we thanked them for.

it's been a bit hit and miss over the last few years, but a definite improvement this season and it must be an earner for most pubs given the low cost of retail trade food compared to the amount of pints sunk by a team of players (especially if they are Polish)
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:02 pm

Bucko wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

That the pub next to the mini roundabout

Yeah, not sure you'll be invited though! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

Hahaha not bitter about yesterdays game r u mate,i use to play sat football over that way and use to go in there its a nice little boozer
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:25 pm

Bucko wrote:
Hahaha not bitter about yesterdays game r u mate,i use to play sat football over that way and use to go in there its a nice little boozer

Ha ha, no not at all pal. I'm a 2nd team player anyway. Yeah its nice, and they always do too many chips, so we have to force them down, such a chore!!!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 2:49 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

Will you be joining us in the Winchester next week mate? Or heading back to your local?

we always goes down hoskins we have no choice the gaffer has lumped so much into this club lol plus he has evey live game on
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

Bloody let downs. No problem. See you Sunday, hopefully it'll be a good game.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 4:42 pm

We all go back down the fairfield, they put a bit of food on, have the footy on and its a good atmosphere, what more do you want?

Only a few of the Webbys lads have stayed so far, but teams are always welcome and the landlord will always put grub on for both sides if needed.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Fosse have yet to be invited for post match beverages this season, whether that's a reflection on us or just that the opposition don't bother I'm not too sure. Enderby are the only team to have joined us in the Winchester so far this season. High quality sausage and chips is usually on the menu.

I don't believe we've ever invited the ref to join us, I've never really thought about doing it and I wouldn't imagine too many refs would be interested to be honest. In future, referees will (as long as we are on decent terms) get an invite. Thurmaston, yesterday, were the first team we haven't invited. It really would have been a great show if both them and the ref had joined us.

Both Moshdock and Wigston Rangers (who nicked our seats yesterday Mad ) also drink in the Winchester every week so they must be doing something right.

We'll invite you to the oak after you play us pal haha we've asked everyone to come for a beer and believe only oscars and foxes have come for one
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 6:19 pm

we ( hotshots)are sponsored by the cherry tree in mkt harbra, our home kit was bought by them but we dont get food put on so although we offer directions to the pub, not many teams take us up on the offer. we share our watering hole with little bowden who i believe always invite opposition along for a drink, not many take them up on their offer either, which we dont mind as usually means we get fed aswell, best of both worlds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 6:42 pm

I think this is the fourth year we have put food on for us and the opposition after every home game. Dog and Gun in Enderby village really easy to find (unless you play for MDH LOL)

This is a crucial part of the Sunday morning routine for us, no only do we get sponsorship, kit and food on the back of it but somewhere that makes us welcome to stick around and have a couple of beers.

Future years sponsorship however, will always depend on how much you use it.

No team will ever come to Huncote and not get offered hospitality. I appreciate some can't stay and those that tell us that I have no problem with. Over the past few years we have had a number of teams that have agreed to come for food, the landlord has cooked the food and then they have failed to turn up. Very disappointing.

Webbys and NRI always invite you back and put good grub on.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
the royal oak seemed to have turned a corner and after nearly all games this season have put on food, even going out their way yesterday which we thanked them for.

it's been a bit hit and miss over the last few years, but a definite improvement this season and it must be an earner for most pubs given the low cost of retail trade food compared to the amount of pints sunk by a team of players (especially if they are Polish)

Is the Oak looking after you now Mark! We have boycotted the place after becoming tired of the beer stinking of cheesy farts! Also a curry every single Sunday got quite tedious!

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

maybe if we all smell in the first place we don't notice any food and drink smelling - bit like the garlic effect. No, can't fault them last couple of months everything has been spot on
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

Always grub on when u come 2 thurmaston wmc, bar right nxt 2 the changing rooms/games room, all the games on, cheap beer aswell
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 11:53 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Bucko wrote:

Ha ha, no not at all pal. I'm a 2nd team player anyway. Yeah its nice, and they always do too many chips, so we have to force them down, such a chore!!!

You will be welcome Bucko. It is the place all the beautiful people hang out. You'll fit in pal I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:08 am

CSKA whats your aftermatch hospitality like?

We would like Faggots, Chips and Mushy peas please with a nice loaf of tiger bread thickly sliced. We have no veggies in the side so no need for a rissoto option or anything.

Wouldn't mind a starter as well, maybe some soup or something? Tapas perhaps?

Cheers in advance,

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After match hospitality   After match hospitality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After match hospitality
Page 1 of 1