Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 27 October

Go down 
+18
Hairy Hebrew!
Bucko
Polingtons
Blackie
Jenko
THE MAGICIAN
spartamoshdock
WPR
dezza
Jedster
L.K.F.C
allen654
Pukka2013
EUFCAudi
Plough new boy
g72
gattuso
Gordon
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 27 October Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeFri 25 Oct 2013, 5:34 pm

A couple of cup fixtures but a League action for most - and an extra hour to prepare

Last edited by Gordon on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 12:29 pm

Went to watch title contenders pochin v Fairfield , pochin look a good side I would say need a couple more players to win the league mainly a left back won 9-2.

An error by the ageing blackie for one goal his team stepping up and blackie played the lad onside Wink
Back to top Go down
g72

g72

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 12:54 pm

Another solid display against white horse wanderers. The wind could have been a factor today blowing straight down the pitch but whw didn't take advantage 1st half even though they went 1 up we composed ourselves and scored 2 quick fire goals to go in at half time 2-1 up. 2nd half whw didn't really trouble us, we took control and scored 2 more to take it 4-1. Whw are a brill set of lads and never stopped working for each other and will defo pick up some good points this season. Also top refereeing today, he kept on top of everything and made it a great game to be involved in. Thanks for been sporting hosts today whw and all the best for this season.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 1:30 pm

Wf 2-2 plough.

Game off two halfs. First half plough was much better team and deservedly went 2-1 in at half time. Second half was all wigston fields but looked like we was going to hang on till last minute when wigston fields scored with last kick off game our linesman flagged for offside but ref ignored. Think draw was fair result in end in good game with some good hard challenges. Well played wf.
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

Enness United 3 - 2 Aylestone

Great win for us today but far from our best. We had patches of great play which create all three goals. First half, playing with the strong wind, a scrappy corner which landed to Iain Gray who drilled accross the box and there player put it in his own net. Then a few minutes on, some great play starting from the left, first touch passing in which Liam gets hold of an on the half volley, fires it in from 25 yards!! Second half we came out sloppy playing into the wind and didn't create much. Although after the ball getting played out to the right, an inswinging cross was met by Kyle who nodded it home. We then looked sloppy and they scored from a miss hit shot which spun into the corner of the net. We have away a penalty and our keeper was unfortunate not to save it.

Gladly the final whistle came and we took the points.

Hoping their striker is ok after receiving a nasty head injury in the first half
Back to top Go down
Pukka2013

Pukka2013

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 1:54 pm

Pukka pies 1 - 1 wigston plough rovers

Should of won this home game after how we played last week .. Very sloppy OG to give then a early lead then got bk in the game with a pen just before half time..second half just did not turn up and our keeper kept us in the game with some big saves..lucky to get a point but feels like a loss..roll on next week when we will start again
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 1:56 pm

Wigston Fields 2 - 2 The Plough, Wigston

Danny Lawlor x2

Agree with what PNB said really. First half we weren't awake but went 1-0 up with a Danny Lawlor header after tooney put in a great left football cross. After the the plough pushed and got level after a cross was headed back down and the fields defence didnt clear the ball and it was struck into the bottom corner. Then the plough went ahead with a penalty for handball, no complaints; cooly converted. Fields could have equalised with a bit more composure from tooney but dragged a shot wide. Into the second half we created more chances, mark Allen missing a one-on-one, Stef Kuzyk missing a few half chances, Danny lawlor putting a delightful chip onto the bar and tooney missing another chance. Plough looked like they could break away and nick a killer goal on the counter but didn't trouble our keeper. They put up a good defence and then in the last minute a long ball found it's way through to Danny lawlor to slot home at the near post. Offside or not I'm not sure but we have kept our unbeaten run going; just!
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 2:12 pm

S&G 0
MDH 1

Tom Dunne

First off a massive well done to the lads today. We turned up with a scratch side including a lad that could barely walk and no keeper leaving me to don a pair of gloves... S&G are undeniably a good side and had some great spells of possession but we still created chances and whilst I spent 90 minutes desperately trying not to drop anything the boys in front if me battled away.
I must admit when the S&G keeper saved from Clemence one on one I wondered if the gods really weren't on our side but the luck swing in our favour when S&G dragged a rightful penalty wide (although I would have stopped it honest!) we kept to our work and with just over 10 to go we got a breakthrough as Tom Dunne cut in from the right to dink it past the keeper. Then we simply ran and ran. We have heart and even with the side we had out the spirit is incredible. After lasts weeks fiasco we could have thrown the towel in, instead we've grabbed a great 3 points.
Really impressive to see the game never even looked like getting nasty, S&G are a good side and will rightly be up there come the end if the season. We're just revelling in proving many wrong that doubted we could hold our own in this division.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 2:20 pm

Dont think anyone doubted you boys at all from what i remember people were calling for you to be in the prem and rightly so. big result and think youl have a big say this year!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 2:50 pm

Jed how did oscars get on against gt today?
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 2:54 pm

Won 2~0 pal
Back to top Go down
WPR

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 2:56 pm

Pukka Pies 1 Wigston Plough Rovers 1, a difficult game with the wind conditions, but WPR took the lead through an own goal, WPR then conceded a soft penalty just before half time taking us in to the break 1 -1. The second half WPR came out strong with a number a chances to take the lead not to mention the 2 penalty shouts, but failed to beat a very good Pukka Pies Keeper. All in all a points a point and we move on to the next game and keep building.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 2:56 pm

Good result!!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm

Arthur Moore Prelim/1st Round:

Oakfield Old Boys 1 - 7 SPARTA MOSHDOCK

Aaron Preston x 4
Nolly Preston
Mason Hirst
Mark Graham

It was nice to back up our good win last week with another cup victory after a few hard weeks in the league.

Oakfield came out fired up and took the lead after about 20seconds thanks to some sloppy defending. The wind had a big say in the match, with us up against it first half. We dug and got back into the game getting a couple of goals quickly and went in 3-1 up at half time.

Second half and with the wind behind us we pushed on. We missed a host of chances but were playing some good football. Last 20 mins we stepped it up and nicked some more goals with it finishing 7-1.

Fair play to Oakfield. They never stopped running and tried to play football. Good luck for the season lads.

Now it's on to the next cup with Marlborough Rovers in the County Cup next week.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 3:01 pm

MDH, I salute you, awesome result against a top quality team.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 3:49 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
Arthur Moore Prelim/1st Round:

Oakfield Old Boys 1 - 7 SPARTA MOSHDOCK

Aaron Preston x 4
Nolly Preston
Mason Hirst
Mark Graham

It was nice to back up our good win last week with another cup victory after a few hard weeks in the league.

Oakfield came out fired up and took the lead after about 20seconds thanks to some sloppy defending. The wind had a big say in the match, with us up against it first half. We dug and got back into the game getting a couple of goals quickly and went in 3-1 up at half time.

Second half and with the wind behind us we pushed on. We missed a host of chances but were playing some good football. Last 20 mins we stepped it up and nicked some more goals with it finishing 7-1.

Fair play to Oakfield. They never stopped running and tried to play football. Good luck for the season lads.

Now it's on to the next cup with Marlborough Rovers in the County Cup next week.
We were completely outclassed this morning after the first twenty five minutes! It was a very busy morning for me today! I do hope your goal scorers is a genuine mistake giving Aaron 4 when he only scored 3?
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:02 pm

Yea I've just spoke to the gaffer and it was Tom Williams who got the other, I've text the league sec. I just thought he had got the extra one...obviously think he is better than he is!

Bit harsh on yourselves to say completely outclassed, you kept battling and played some good stuff. We just had a good day after the first 25!
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm

Fairfield Athletic 2 v 9 FC Pochin

Azza 3
Kyle Whitto-Winston 2
Chris Durrance
Kenroy Galloway
Macky
og

Excellent 1st half for us today going in 7-0 up, scored some absolute screamers - Kenny's especially.

2nd half the Niffy scouts turned up (Denty) and we took our foot off the gas.

At 8-0 our linesman inexplicably failed to spot the ball going out of play and their man also standing 10 yards offside (this is technically not a bite Denty, I'm just stating facts Wink ) for them to grab a consolation which their play and attitude deserved to be honest.

Good luck to Caz and the Fairfield lads for the rest of the season.

Man of the match - Joe Tailby
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:14 pm

Blackie wrote:

Azza 3
Kyle Whitto-Winston 2
Chris Durrance
Kenroy Galloway
Macky
og

Excellent 1st half for us today going in 7-0 up, scored some absolute screamers - Kenny's especially.

At 8-0 our linesman inexplicably failed to spot the ball going out of play and their man also standing 10 yards offside (this is technically not a bite Denty, I'm just stating facts Wink ) for them to grab a consolation which their play and attitude deserved to be honest.

no scouts... just went to watch a div 1 side in action Wink
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
Yea I've just spoke to the gaffer and it was Tom Williams who got the other, I've text the league sec. I just thought he had got the extra one...obviously think he is better than he is!

Bit harsh on yourselves to say completely outclassed, you kept battling and played some good stuff. We just had a good day after the first 25!
Haha I knew it would be a genuine mistake but don't wanna give Aaron anymore goals when he could of had more today anyway! I think we have you too much respect and you punished us! I think we were outclassed some real quality in your squad
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm

Yea this is true...he shouldn't have missed the chances!

Cheers mate, we just need some more confidence after a bad few results in the league.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:35 pm

gattuso wrote:
Blackie wrote:

Azza 3
Kyle Whitto-Winston 2
Chris Durrance
Kenroy Galloway
Macky
og

no scouts... just went to watch a div 1 side in action Wink
Haha, its still early days mate - we were in a similar position this time last year but ended the season in the bottom half of the table!

The manager is looking to add a couple of players to try and make us real contenders..
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 4:51 pm

FC Azzurri 12 v thurmaston pwmc

Rikki bates 4
Ryan Allen 4
Louis finney-neckles 2
Luke day
Jack hollobone

Really pleased with the way we have started the season!! Our strikers are firing on all cylinders and the defence is playing really well! We started this game really badly today but found ourselves 4-0 in 30 mins. I don't really know what to say about the game, I think Thurmo were struggling for their first choice team again and we just had too much going forward for them. Some superb one touch passing from us probably bought the best goal of the game with Louis finney-neckles finishing the move off with a cool finish .

Big game next week for us as we gave creation builders In the county cup

Forza Azzurri
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm

They r struggling dezza, had 6/7 reserve players 2day lucky enough i had 18 avaliable 2day
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 5:18 pm

It's a real shame!! Good lads down there and good blokes who run it!! They were a great side last season, like I said to them today though once they get Eddie,sharmo,podders and Connor back they will start pickin up points and climbing the table
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 5:20 pm

Yeah hopefully, gonna try my best 2 keep them going cause i dnt wanna fold the reserves, podders just had a baby, sharmos injured eddie banned and conner working 3 others working from last week all took its toll 2day but i think it will b dwn 2 one team nxt year
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 5:25 pm

Very hard to keep 2 teams going!! I don't envy you trying to do it. With those lads back you will be fine
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 5:27 pm

Yeah hopefully
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

Got to say dezza some of the movement and one touch play up top for you boys today was quality. Very impressive top set of lads too to be fair
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 8:08 pm

Cheers bucko!! We try and get the ball down and play as much as we can, we are quite lucky that are attackin players are quite tricky an hodgo,Deano ad Luke aren't too bad at the back either!! Favourite move of the game for me though was Sandsy cutting inside then playing a pass with the outside of his foot haha
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

Hahaha was good too see bobby sands not seen him for a while you have quality all over the pitch....good set up you got there mate
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeSun 27 Oct 2013, 10:56 pm

Harborough hotshots 3 - 6 A.F.C Royal Oak

Scorers
Chris Love ( 4 )
Simon Herbert
David Garrard

Terrible game to watch. Football was poor with very brief moments of quality. Conditions were very poor in Harborough today and everyone struggled to make a 10 yard pass.

With all the changes gone at Harborough in recent months, they still seemed to of kept a cheating lino who did his best to keep the score down. But it was only a matter of time before we broke through.

An incident at the end of the game saw 3 red cards which the referee got 2 wrong for me. 1 of ours for definite and theres was maybe a yellow! But the ref showed his immaturity and decided to get rid of the lot. There was not a bad foul all game so left a bitter taste in the mouth.

3 points is 3 points I guess.

Shoeys in the County next week
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013, 10:12 am

npe 1-5 webbys.
Good result and team performance today and 5 different scorers.
Had a few let downs today but overcame this with ease.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013, 10:32 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

With all the changes gone at Harborough in recent months, they still seemed to of kept a cheating lino who did his best to keep the score down. But it was only a matter of time before we broke through.

They wont get rid of him, he's the king goose.
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

He must have been missing when we beat em 14-0 haha
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013, 5:12 pm

EUFCAudi wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Yours is up there with Hotshots Razz 
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm

wigston utd 3
frolesworth 6

3 hat tricks
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeMon 28 Oct 2013, 9:58 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
EUFCAudi wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

We don't cheat, we just don't know the rules haha
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013, 9:18 am

EUFCAudi wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
EUFCAudi wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

We don't cheat, we just don't know the rules haha
A player is in an offside position if they are nearer to the opposition's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.......however this does not apply if you are a cheating scumbag, dont do it if you cant take the stick afterwards.

3 points to remember...

1 cheats never prosper.
2 you will always be found out.
3 Everybody hates cheats.

How come its always the dog ugly person holding the flag that does it?

Last edited by Hellboy on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013, 9:20 am

Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 27 October   Banter - Sunday 27 October Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 27 October
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next