Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 17 March

Go down 
+12
LFC for Life !!
driver666
Hellboy
Rwhite08
mac2309
Blackie
CSKA19Carnabys
Polska legend II
The Admiral
Mivan are going up
Hairy Hebrew!
Gordon
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 17 March  Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Here's hoping there is some

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 9:55 am

Fixture pile up is getting beyond a Joke now. Atleast 15 games with 7 sundays left! No chance!
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 12:43 pm

Our pitch is atrocious now, wrecked beyond belief. Would be amazed if any more games got played on there.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 12:56 pm

Mivan are going up wrote:
Our pitch is atrocious now, wrecked beyond belief. Would be amazed if any more games got played on there.

Wahey! Thanks lads! Saw you boys trying to get rid of the puddles! Should of called it off for a rest :p
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 1:06 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

Wahey! Thanks lads! Saw you boys trying to get rid of the puddles! Should of called it off for a rest :p

Lol no problem. No football can be played on that. 5 yard passes were just stopping in the mud.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 1:43 pm

Fantastic! So a fixture backlog with no home pitch! Good news! Good win for u today in that mud bath then!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 2:20 pm

Red Admiral 5-1 little bowden
Bettoney 2
pickering
A Driver
Willows

Easy win for our lads today in a one sided affair.Stayed goalless for about half hour as every time we got thru their lino flagged for offside,couple may have been correct decision but cant stand cheating lino's.....he did it less after the ref had a word with him...well done ref.
We went 2 up shortly after then they got a dodgy peno after a handball which clearly hit our lad on the chest(ref apologised for this afterwards,fair play) to pull it back to 2-1.
Then we stepped it up again and cruised to 5-1.....very little attacking threat from bowden over the 2 games who look to be going down.
Got no sympathy for bowden lads,if there not moaning at ref for something there moaning at each other.....look a poor side who may struggle in div 7 nxt season
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 2:21 pm

I'm just saying it may be worth looking elsewhere fr a pitch, a mud bath doesn't quite explain how bad it is lol. Yeah good win for us, didn't play well and a but like the first game where Birstall pretty much dominated. We defended well and managed to grind a result in the end. They dealt with the pitch better than we did. Game probably shouldn't have gone ahead in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 2:45 pm

Horse 1 Polska 3

Will take the win in what were dreadful conditions. Well done to ref Keith Smith who was superb, we've got him in our cup final and after seeing him today we will have no problems on that score. We started well and spent pretty much the first 30 mins camped in their half before Jarek gave us the lead. Then we seemed to stop playing thinking we had won it, and Horse equalised shortly before half time. As the pitch got worse, so did the football, but we nicked a second on 65 minutes via Karol. Horse were a little miffed as after a goal mouth sramble they said the ball did not cross the line but I was 100% convinced it had so flagged that it had crossed and the ref gave it. I'm still 100% convinced! They played some good stuff and always a tough game against Horse but Max made it 3-1 in the last minute
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 3:02 pm

Carnabys Second 3 FCCOL 3.

Came back from 2-0 and 3-1 down to draw 3-3 and if the game had gone another 5 mins id have fancied us to nick the win! Fccol are a decent side who play some good stuff but also feel we matched them. They scored two rather fortunate goals after goalkeeper errors but their third was sublime. Massive character from our lads to pull it back and end their winning streak. Cheers fccol for two very good games this season. Both played in a good spirit and all there lads are top!
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 3:14 pm

FC Pochin 2 v 2 LDA Spartans

We welcomed table topping LDA into the Theatre Of Dreams today for a decent game of football bearing in mind the conditions - I've never been as wet, cold and muddy on a football pitch, but to be honest also loved every second of it!

Due to our recent inconsistencies the manager tried a new formation which seemed to do the trick - thought all the lads were quality today.

The new strike force of Azza and Kenroy were a constant menace, scored a goal each and defended from the front for us, chasing back and doing their bit in a battling team performance. Nice to come back from being 2-0 down too.

LDA play really well to their strengths and in the main are a good bunch of lads - not sure where this result leaves their title challenge though.

Oh and just in case they were wondering where he is, Brad Downing fell out of my pocket as I was driving home
Back to top Go down
mac2309

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Red Admiral 5-1 little bowden
Bettoney 2
pickering
A Driver
Willows

Easy win for our lads today in a one sided affair.Stayed goalless for about half hour as every time we got thru their lino flagged for offside,couple may have been correct decision but cant stand cheating lino's.....he did it less after the ref had a word with him...well done ref.
We went 2 up shortly after then they got a dodgy peno after a handball which clearly hit our lad on the chest(ref apologised for this afterwards,fair play) to pull it back to 2-1.
Then we stepped it up again and cruised to 5-1.....very little attacking threat from bowden over the 2 games who look to be going down.
Got no sympathy for bowden lads,if there not moaning at ref for something there moaning at each other.....look a poor side who may struggle in div 7 nxt season

Completely agree with this..... Better team won Bowden never in it threaten a little in second half but a one man team....
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 9:10 pm

Desford 0-1 NPE. Well we finally wrapped the league title up today on the day we ran out of players. It's been a hard season with small squad but all the lads have played their part. Today tipyfied it with are centre half in goal right winger on the left, old centre mid on right and centre half at left back. We took early lead from a corner then dug in all game agaist the run of play. Missing some key players we were overjoyed with the result and the hard work and commitment. We have struggled since Christmas but gone about are games quietly grinding out results. Well done to all the lads. On today's game Desford were very good just lacked killer instinct and will finish very strong. Overall I think carnabys have given us the two hardest games and Oadby have a good young side. Good luck to everyone in their remaining games. One more game for us, hope to finish on a high then I can retire on a high and watch forum next season lol.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 9:40 am

Surely you're far too young to retire?

Put them in the prem next season. pig
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 10:02 am

lol nearly 33 and had a hard life. Only thing keeps me going is knowing Candy, Spen and Matt are older lol. Year off then vets for us boys lol.....
Back to top Go down
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

I'm just saying it may be worth looking elsewhere fr a pitch, a mud bath doesn't quite explain how bad it is lol. Yeah good win for us, didn't play well and a but like the first game where Birstall pretty much dominated. We defended well and managed to grind a result in the end. They dealt with the pitch better than we did. Game probably shouldn't have gone ahead in all honesty.

Very good report about the game, conditions were horrendous to put it mildly . Birstall are still not taking there chances and should have been out of site especially in the second half, one big possitive this season is when we go a goal down we knuckle down and get back in the game, unlike last season. Looking forward to next season already, when I think we will be even better, still young team and still learning. Must say Inter mivan great bunch of lads and really enjoyed the game yesterday.
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm

Mivan 3-2 Birstall

... close game as expected ... conditions were poor to say the least ... players slide tackles leaving them 30yrds past the ball .... some amusing tackles .. !!

Back to winning ways for us in a tough fought win ... Birstall prob feel a little hard done by ... on reflection they probably deserve a point out the game (my opinion is that they are missing a front 2)... but we.ll take the win after last weeks issue.

Not a lot of football possible due to conditions so wont bore you ... Good luck to Birstall lads for the rest of the seasons ... Great bunch of lads.

the ref this week was quality, young lad and had an very good understanding for the game.

... league wise ... who knows ... Eagles loss to a ever improving dukla side, prob puts them out the equation but you never know in this division !!... and oak problems keep mounting, no game again !!.... we are meant to playing them next sunday but doubt that will happen due to their cup schedule or re-scheduling...

SUAREZ IS KING .. !!!
Back to top Go down
LINEKER

LINEKER

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 2:53 pm

MJR 1-3 CPR

Worst game ever, pitch and weather terrible. We missed god knows how many chances to wrap the game up earlier. Early MJR goal gave them hope, a nice cross that sliced into the top corner! As soon as we went 2-1 up was only ever going to be one winner but we didnt get the 3rd until 10 mins from time so was too close for comfort really.

Decent bunch of lads MJR, good luck for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

LINEKER wrote:
MJR 1-3 CPR

Worst game ever, pitch and weather terrible. We missed god knows how many chances to wrap the game up earlier. Early MJR goal gave them hope, a nice cross that sliced into the top corner! As soon as we went 2-1 up was only ever going to be one winner but we didnt get the 3rd until 10 mins from time so was too close for comfort really.

Decent bunch of lads MJR, good luck for the rest of the season

yes you did miss quite a few ;-)

Good luck to you boys to tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

Pochin 2 - 2 LDA

Brad Downing
Blackie OG

Not sure this would have been played in any other season. There were half a dozen big puddles on the pitch that only got worse through the game. It was still competitive though and played in the right spirit.

In the end, we threw away two points against a team we should have beat. Dominated the first half but only had the one goal to show for it. Brad Downing knocked the ball into the net from a classic LDA long throw, managing to deflect it off of Blackie along the way to embarrass the veteran.

The second half became a bit of a farce with silly tackles flying around and not a lot of quality on show from either side. Brad Downing stretched the lead to 2-0 from yet another throw-in move.

Pochin pulled one back in fortuitous style when the puddle on the edge of the area stopped the ball right in front of Aaron Leacock for him to toe-poke past the flat-footed keeper. The second came not long afterward when our skipper was skinned by the sludgy mess that was our box.

Not sure we deserved any less than the 3 points.

Pochin have a few really good lads, wish them well.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 4:30 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Fantastic! So a fixture backlog with no home pitch! Good news! Good win for u today in that mud bath then!

i will let you use the old saff lounge ground for 60 a game, i own the ground until may as i paid for the full season, 3 pitches there
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

LFC for Life !! wrote:
Mivan 3-2 Birstall

... close game as expected ... conditions were poor to say the least ... players slide tackles leaving them 30yrds past the ball .... some amusing tackles .. !!

Back to winning ways for us in a tough fought win ... Birstall prob feel a little hard done by ... on reflection they probably deserve a point out the game (my opinion is that they are missing a front 2)... but we.ll take the win after last weeks issue.

Not a lot of football possible due to conditions so wont bore you ... Good luck to Birstall lads for the rest of the seasons ... Great bunch of lads.

the ref this week was quality, young lad and had an very good understanding for the game.

... league wise ... who knows ... Eagles loss to a ever improving dukla side, prob puts them out the equation but you never know in this division !!... and oak problems keep mounting, no game again !!.... we are meant to playing them next sunday but doubt that will happen due to their cup schedule or re
SUAREZ IS KING .. !!!

I drove by our pitch earlier and all I could see was brown Shocked
What an earth were you doing on there??? Proper fcuked
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 9:20 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
LFC for Life !! wrote:
Mivan 3-2 Birstall

... league wise ... who knows ... Eagles loss to a ever improving dukla side, prob puts them out the equation but you never know in this division !!... and oak problems keep mounting, no game again !!.... we are meant to playing them next sunday but doubt that will happen due to their cup schedule or re
SUAREZ IS KING .. !!!

I drove by our pitch earlier and all I could see was brown Shocked
What an earth were you doing on there??? Proper fcuked

... Laughing ...mud wrestling ... power sliding ... no but seriously i.m taking the pitch is now unplayable ?? .... should make for a good game this w.end .. !! (if the fixture does not get re-arranged due to your cup schedule - any news ?) ....

SAUREZ IS KING ...!!!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 2:54 pm

Nah heard nothing yet! Am guessing we'll be playing Fairfield, on which pitch? Your guess is as good as mine! Fairfield lads apparently told a couple of ours there pitch prob won't be playable for awhile yet! :/
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 3:23 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Nah heard nothing yet! Am guessing we'll be playing Fairfield, on which pitch? Your guess is as good as mine! Fairfield lads apparently told a couple of ours there pitch prob won't be playable for awhile yet! :/

at this rate you.ll be playing 4 games a week to catch up ... good you got a big squad .. !! ... week of for us then i.m guessing ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 17 March    Banter - Sunday 17 March  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 17 March
Page 1 of 1