Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Oak field game off Fairfield

Go down 
+9
Leicester Klub Sportowy
the goalie
scottyh
gnasher
lingers
Widds
Hellboy
Polska legend II
twentyone
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
twentyone

Oak field game off Fairfield  Empty
PostSubject: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

Our ref called the game off before anyone was there then rang Fairfield sect to tell her and when we got there the pitch was playable to the point that the team on an other pitch set up and played on our pitch sort the soft refs out wat a waste of petrol but the ref won't get punish
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm

it's the ref's decision at the end of the day, if they deem it not playable then there's nothing else to add, regardless of whether another game takes place on it or not.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 2:48 pm

Send in the firing squad and read him his last rights.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

I have seen pitches vary in playability on the same field. As said, refs decision, sure you would be first to moan if there was an over zealous slide tackle that broke one of your players ankles.
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:29 pm

The problem is one ref sez one thing and another ref sez another.
There was a ref there who said it could hav been played we would hav played and their lads wanted to play but their sec didn't want to ?????????
We also offered to go to our ground but she didn't want to do that either what's the point in makin the effort to get out of bed for that..
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:37 pm

fair point. but as for the refs its a bit like saying one ref might give a penalty for something, another might not for exactly the same incident
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 4:40 pm

Yea but cum on he was there and gone before we even got there we didn't even get a chance to speak to him.
The Fairfield lads wanted to play so did we so it can't of been that bad.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

Why didn't their secretary want to play?
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:12 pm

I'm not sure mate.
She made the effort to get there all their lads were up for goin to our ground even tho they had problems wiv lifts they were stil up for making the effort.
However she was havin none of it we had a ref there aswell willin to ref it at our place.
Nd we would hav used that ref even tho it was a close relation to one of their players.
Back to top Go down
gnasher

gnasher

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

According to their sec the ref who called our game off (oakfield) called the other 2 games off aswell?! Don't know why he would call a game off that's nothing to do with him. She also mentioned bout the council not letting them play it! Didnt know the council worked on Sundays???? Maybe wrong tho but doubt it. I was also informed that they didnt have a keeper, wonder if that played any part in her being the only person there that didnt want the game to go ahead?!
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

we was up there today as we play on pitch one r game was called off but pitch 3 was in better state than pitch 2 yet pitch 2 game was played yet pitch 3 was off joke i know where oakfield lads coming from yes pitches can b different on the same park but the worst of the 2 pitches was played on other wasnt madness but hey refs always right we had ref sec say r pitch was ok yesterday after 1 o clock pitch inspection yet today was in as bad a state as yesterday yet today was called off unreal
Back to top Go down
twentyone

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

It's a joke stop sticking up for refs that don't care about the effort teams put in to get to games alliance league joke
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

the annoying thing was any other week the council have called games off on a friday when pitches have been worser off than this week yet this week let the refs decide all we got told by r ref was its dangerous but cant u break a leg on any surface earlier in season we played county cup game at thringstone pitch was hard 4 most of the game yet ref played it inconsistant?
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:18 pm

dont get me started on referees mate , or might be up on kidnap charges at county fa lol
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

If you don't rate referees, why not take a course and rid us of this scourge.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 10:59 pm

I think the whole issue is consistency.

Is there a common criteria that the officials have to abide by when deeming a pitch playable or not?

Clearly, we want the ref's to look after our well being, and we all understand that if someone was to break their leg on a mud bath of a pitch then the officials become culpable but it's confusing more than anything how one ref can deem a pitch unplayable and another pass it as fit for play.

Also, why was a ref inspecting all three pitches this morning when he was only supposed to referee on one of them? Bit beyond the duty isn't it?!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 11:25 pm

The ref has sole charge of everything in a game from time keeping to fitness of a pitch. I for one don't want the council to call games off on a Friday so I say keep the decision with the refs. At the end of the day they too have to get kitted up and travel to games so there is no benefit to them to call a game off. Whether they are right or wrong, they make the ultimate decision, and as usual this won't please everyone!
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 11:01 am

Widds wrote:
If you don't rate referees, why not take a course and rid us of this scourge.

did it years ago , fell asleep t the back and still passed.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 11:40 am

twentyone wrote:
It's a joke stop sticking up for refs that don't care about the effort teams put in to get to games alliance league joke

So on the strength of a decision by one referee, the whole of the Alliance League - is labelled a joke?

That is the Management Committee, the Clubs, their Committees , Managers, Secretaries, Supporters, Sponsors, the Players, the Referees - we are all a joke because you disagree with a single decision?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 11:52 am

Think it's very much a minority opinion Gordon...no greater than one I'd say.

If people or clubs want a say in how the league is run - join the committee. If they want to do a better job than our exisiting refs - put your money where your mouth is and gain the qualification, I'm sure Stewart would welcome the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:15 pm

twentyone wrote:
Our ref called the game off before anyone was there then rang Fairfield sect to tell her and when we got there the pitch was playable to the point that the team on an other pitch set up and played on our pitch sort the soft refs out wat a waste of petrol but the ref won't get punish

So it was the ref that called the game off, why did every fool turn up when they had been told the game had been cancelled? and if the secretary was informed the game was off, then why did they also turn up as well? shouldnt the fools be ringing round telling the players not to bother turning up, instead of just turning up and then putting all the blame on the ref. So who were the other team that used your pitch? if you have paid for that pitch then no one else can use it, if they did use it, then you are owed a payment for it. Ive never read anything so complicated regarding a cancelled game of football. Surely your own sec should have let you all know before you all turned up or even started your Journey, it seems like none of you know what the hell you are doing, you said the ref called the game off before anyone was there, so there was time to ring around....sounds like your club are a joke, if you cant deal with a simple cancellation because of the bad weather...

simples tsk tsk....
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:41 pm

i never once said that the whole league was a joke gordon the decision was a joke on the day y aint people getting it stew walker rang me saturday at 1 o clock telling me there had been an inspection done on all 3 pitches up there and we was good to go as 3 of my lads had walked past the pitch and there was 4 massive puddles on the saturday so we did wat we should have done and turned up sunday waited for the ref who turned up to cancel it when it should been saturday buty hey hellboy our club is wrong is it for doing wat may i ask ?? following procedure like we was told yeah ok pal we was ok with the decison but one game was on other 2 wasnt strange when pitch 2 was as bad as others consistncy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:47 pm

not commenting about your situation in particular, but for the record the bad weather procedure rules state that a referee should be contacted before 6pm on a Saturday to arrange a pitch inspection before 9.15am on the Sunday morning.

"Only in exceptional circumstances and with the League's permission may the game be postponed before the day of the game"

Games should not be called off before 9.15 on a Sunday morning
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

i rang stew as r ref was coming from melton trying save him a journey if we could stew sent a local ref who said it was ok so we turned up as normall for the ref 2 come all that way 2 say it wasnt playable if the ref saturday said it was ok 2 stew wat can we do the thing is it was never gonna b on there was 4 big massive puddles we all knew that we was trying b helpfull so not r clubs fault and ended up paying a £15 fee when we probably didnt need 2
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:16 pm

no ones saying its your clubs fault, and it sounds like you already knew it was off, just dont understand why twentyone doesn't get it, although you have made it as clear as mud.
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:49 pm

We (oakfield ) had no idea the game was off til about 10.15 wen we got told that a ref had been and called it off so how is our sec suppost to ring round and let people know if he ain't even been told ??????????????
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:52 pm

And I hav no idea who twenty one is but if he is part of our club we don't agree wiv his comment on the league.
However would of been nice for our ref to communicate wiv us aswell that's all I ask surely that's not too much to ask.
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 2:54 pm

yes hellboy we knew it was we was trying save people time money and effort if i knew it was off i would have let all my lads know well b4 they turned up but we didnt cause stew told us the pitches were all fine when we knew they wasnt r lads had walked by it seeing the 4 big puddles
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 3:39 pm

Everyones contradicting themselves, scott you are saying you already knew it wasn't playable because of the puddles, but then you say you all turned up. Knowing it wasnt playable and moaning that it had been called off, so surely you must of had an idea it was going to be called off, instead of one person sorting things out with the ref, i just dont get how you can moan that the game was called off, but you are saying you knew the pitch wasn't playable, very confusing what you are writing on here.
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 4:15 pm

wats so confusing about wre knew bout the puddles saturday stew sent local ref have look he said was playable even though we knew sunday ref would call it off so all we did was turn up for ref 2 call it off wats difficult bout that i spoke 2 ref saturday told him that stew said pitches were ok they wasnt ok the 4 big puddles were there
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

So if stew said it was playable, would you have been happy to play on it with all those big puddles?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm

Am glad I was away for this weekends 'situation' as i would of been fuming and especially if it was the referee who was scheduled for our match after previous encounters.
Instead glad I went out on the p*** in Lancaster saturday night Smile
Back to top Go down
funtime frankie

funtime frankie

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

The pitch could well have been fit on saturday afternoon,but was you awake yesterday morning?????The weather wasn't the best.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 6:03 pm

Somebody stop the madness
Back to top Go down
scottyh

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 6:08 pm

lol it is madness not from us though weather didnt make the pitch any worse than it was saturday wouldnt been much footy played on it puddles would have put pay 2 that
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

Widds wrote:
Somebody stop the madness

Widds wrote:
Why didn't their secretary want to play?

I think the ladies are quite choosy who they want to play with.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

Seems people are twisting it any which way...

For clarity:

- Scott had it reported to him that our pitch was in a two and eight. So Scott, trying to be pro-active rang Stewart to get a pitch inspection knowing that if the pitch was as bad as had been made out, then the game was never going to go ahead.

- Stewart and local ref passed all three pitches as playable.

- We turned up on Sunday for the match knowing that our own ref would call it off.

This may seem contradictory, but what would happen if we hadn't turned up knowing the weather had worsened and would have made our pitch even worse? The club would be liable to disciplinary action I believe? It's a real catch-22 because ideally you want to postpone as early as possible to save time and effort for everyone concerned.
Back to top Go down
gnasher

gnasher

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

My problem is, I was told by fairfields sec that the ref had been to the pitch at 9 and called the game off yet she didnt ring me to tell me as soon as she found out. What really confuses me is the fact she still drove round picking her players up knowing the ref had called the game off?! Something doesnt add up, have got my own suspicions as to why the game wasnt played and why I didnt get a call to say the ref had called the game off but I guess we will never find out
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013, 11:06 pm

Surely time to get over it! A new week has gone by!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

praps she was treating them to a mcdonalds breakfast you clown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oak field game off Fairfield    Oak field game off Fairfield  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oak field game off Fairfield
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next