Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!

Go down 
+8
oily
Paulo
tobester29
GateHangsBadly
Hellboy
Aussie Owl
Polska legend II
The Fixture Secretary
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 7:23 am

I have been working closely with the City Council to get an end of season date. The decision has been made that the season will Finish on Sunday 5th May. There are a host of reasons for this decision but the council need us off after that date so they can begin the repair process of the pitches for next season.

Midweek games will begin on Wednesday 3rd April and Friday 5th April. I understand clubs frustrations with midweek games but we have a deadline and have to get games scheduled to draw a conclusion to the season!!! Unfortunately this season it's looking like there are going to be quite a few midweek games!!

The key is we all know now where we stand and can start preparing for the midweek process!!!

Last edited by The Fixture Secretary on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2013, 11:37 am

well done James, nightmare season and must give you a heavy workload but as ever you are on top of it all
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 8:42 am

Well done James.

In all my time being responsible for fixtures, I do not recall the end of season date being put back by City Council.

This must be the result of the goodwill being achieved by a good relationship between the Alliance and Council and our insistence that clubs should always comply with Council decisions even though they may not seem justified at the time.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 11:58 am

James has charmed the council with his good looks and suave personality, things have changed big time here in england, oh Dennis you wouldnt recognise the place now. Are you sure you dont want to come back? Kangaroo free, mind you we have gone a bit continental, we are all eating horse meat now.....yum yum....i bet you've not got your leccy blanket on;(
Back to top Go down
GateHangsBadly

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Hi James, The Gate Hangs Well have a fixture this week (17th) but all the lads are away on a stag doo. Im under the impression we have asked for a free week. Could you check that please
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
I have been working closely with the City Council to get an end of season date. The decision has been made that the season will Finish on Sunday 5th May. There are a host of reasons for this decision but the council need us off after that date so they can begin the repair process of the pitches for next season.

Midweek games will begin on Wednesday 3rd April and Friday 5th April. I understand clubs frustrations with midweek games but we have a deadline and have to get games scheduled to draw a conclusion to the season!!! Unfortunately this season it's looking like there are going to be quite a few midweek games!!

The key is we all know now where we stand and can start preparing for the midweek process!!!

Hi James, Dukla only have 5 games left but 4 of them are on Vicky park with our games against White Eagles.We had to brush the pitch for about 30mins to take the water off it on Sunday to keep the game on but it is not looking great for the next few weeks now and White Eagles pitch was awful as they have mentioned on here before their game was called off.
However, we noticed that the pitch had been rolled or gone over since the weeks before and was actually pretty flat to begin with. Could you ask the council if they could roll it/flatten it every week till the end of the season because at this rate no games will be played up there for a while.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 2:57 pm

tobester29 wrote:
The Fixture Secretary wrote:

Hi James, Dukla only have 5 games left but 4 of them are on Vicky park with our games against White Eagles.We had to brush the pitch for about 30mins to take the water off it on Sunday to keep the game on but it is not looking great for the next few weeks now and White Eagles pitch was awful as they have mentioned on here before their game was called off.
However, we noticed that the pitch had been rolled or gone over since the weeks before and was actually pretty flat to begin with. Could you ask the council if they could roll it/flatten it every week till the end of the season because at this rate no games will be played up there for a while.

May be better if teams do this individually...at the end of the day it is us that pay for the pitch- I have suggested to our manager to do this
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 3:01 pm

go through the Leicester City Council sport on parks website and email them. very easy to do and they will respond
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
go through the Leicester City Council sport on parks website and email them. very easy to do and they will respond

I have just spoken to them and they have passed it onto the groundsmen so hopefully it will be rolled for Sunday although they did say they cannot guarantee it will get done every week with their workload.
This was for pitch 2 only as well.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

Thanks I will do for us just in case our manager hasnt been able to
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 3:46 pm

Paulo wrote:
Thanks I will do for us just in case our manager hasnt been able to

Not a problem, cheers for the info about the website. I did ask if they could roll all the pitches but could only request our pitch, not sure why, maybe they think some teams on Vicky park prefer it to hoof it in the mud than play football Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 4:00 pm

Blimey lay down and we'll fan ya.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 1:47 pm

James.
We are down to play horse two weeks running.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 1:53 pm

MDH Knights are also down for both a cup game against Prem Sports or Monsell and a league game (Magna) on the 24th, i assume this is in case the Prem v Monsell game doesn't go ahead this week for any reason we still have a fixture the following week?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
The Anchorman

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 5:38 pm

Has anyone got a fixture on good friday?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

yes, north kilworth res for one (v Wigston)
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2013, 9:00 pm

The Anchorman wrote:

Not heard of any in division 6 but want one Sad just not heard anything back yet
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013, 7:03 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
The Anchorman wrote:

Not heard of any in division 6 but want one Sad just not heard anything back yet
Good Friday fixtures are on the website. None for Div6 on there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!    Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixtures - End of Season!!!!!
Page 1 of 1