Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Call Sunday a free week

Go down 
+18
Hairy Hebrew!
The_Rock
whiteeagles
Gordon
The Fixture Secretary
dezza
Cobbo
dave ash
man in black
THE MAGICIAN
Sparta3
Polska legend II
Plough new boy
Fishandchips
Alan Partridge
bulwellian
Widds
bretty1
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Call Sunday a free week Empty
PostSubject: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 8:34 pm

With our ressies already being told our game at horsewell lane is off,can everyone now follow suit? Although frustrating its blatantly obvious mr freeze is here to stay for a while. We all love escaping on a Sunday morning but if an extra couple of hours zzzzzzs before pub, all well and good
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

Aye, have to say i think it would be a good idea. I am not chasing our lads up for their availability, may give us problems on Saturday if game goes ahead!
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

Can't see any games being on....the weather looks poor for Fri/Sat and Sunday. It also looks rubbish all next week so it could be a fortnight off!
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 8:47 pm

Midweek games galore for the springtime..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Midweek games galore for the springtime..... Very Happy

Yippee I love 3 games in a week..........NOT Sad
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 11:29 am

Are we bothering with Fixtures for this week or saving the fixture secs time and calling it a write off already?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 12:25 pm

Yeah. Give James a break I say. As all games will be off again.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

snow predicted Thursday but weekend also looks cold and frosty
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

Would hope for James to be given a rest but I bet he's already done most of his side of things by now.

Having said that... Saturday night/Sunday morning looks quite perky.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 3:31 pm

Anyone who thinks games will be played this sunday must believe in miracles.

Start planning ya sat night out on the lash with a nice lay in.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 4:08 pm

Agree with malc. More snow Friday, i don't think anyone would mind if it was called off early, this isn't changing for at least another seven days
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 4:11 pm

you short of players this week guys... Sad
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 4:31 pm

no snow after tomorrow and most of that is in the west warmer by weekend 11 dgrees sunday/monday 13 degrees midweek
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

Saturday cloundy, Sunday rain,

Carnabys 1st or ressies may have a game at Rawlings G3 on sunday fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 4:55 pm

man in black wrote:
no snow after tomorrow and most of that is in the west warmer by weekend 11 dgrees sunday/monday 13 degrees midweek
#

looking at Harborough it ranges from 0 to -6 between now and Friday and reaching a scorching high of 4 on Saturday, with our pitch under a blanket of snow still i can't see that clearing, no sign of rain either which might of helped, just freezing fog.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:31 pm

Perhaps won't be snow or frost being the issue if it warms up & melts, but waterlogged pitches likely if it does thaw out. We'll see...
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
you short of players this week guys... Sad

We have been short of players for the past 2 months, this week wont be any different to last week or the next.

Does anyone even think that even if it does thaw out the pitches will be in any fit state underneath, let alone pitch markings.

Please !!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm

Morley said the same thing to me earlier Malc! He doubts any pitches will be in a fit state
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:05 pm

I am just e-mailing the proposed (ice hockey - its the future - the NHL lockout is over!!) fixtures for this Sunday to Gordon and Stewart! God knows why as even if that there snow does thaw all that it's all going to turn to is water and as we all know how wet the pitches are anyhow!!!

There are subtle changes from last week but generally I've just regurgitated last weeks fixtures!!!

Please remain available as that miracle may happen................ Please also check your referees once they are up as these will change....

I've also been working hard behind the scenes to try and sort a few bits out which I will be e-mailing to club secretaries and putting on here as soon as I can....... Prob won't help or suit but we will see.

Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

The Fixture Secretary wrote:

I am just e-mailing the proposed (ice hockey - its the future - the NHL lockout is over!!) fixtures for this Sunday to Gordon and Stewart! God knows why as even if that there snow does thaw all that it's all going to turn to is water and as we all know how wet the pitches are anyhow!!!

There are sutle changes from last week but generally I've just regurgitated last weeks fixtures!!!

Please remain available as that miracle may happen................ Please also check your referees once they are up as these will change....

I've also been working hard behind the scenes to try and sort a few bits out which I will be e-mailing to club secretaries and putting on here as soon as I can....... Prob won't help or suit but we will see.

That last bit sounds a bit ominous James......
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm

Nothing bad. Just trying to see what can be done to help with what's becoming an increasing fixture backlog. Spoke to Gordon today about a few bits and we've got a committee meeting next week where I will be talking bits through.

Realistically I don't think games will take place this Sunday. This creates a major headache for me and several teams are really up against it....

Next Sunday (3rd Feb) is county cup semi final day, but as I said even when it does thaw it's going to be really wet.....

I am just looking at options I will put to the teams to try and help but not say this is happening and we will see if teams want or not......

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:53 pm

are the foster cup games likely to be provisionally arranged for this Sunday please James?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:15 pm

Are we getting midweek floodlit games on 3G pitches???
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:21 pm

With regards to EW Foster and Stokes cup Quarter Finals;

No. I am looking at Sunday 3rd / 10th Feb now.

I know I am sounding extremely pessimistic but I can't see any games taking place this weekend. I have spent so much time doing the fixtures this season already and with little hope for this Sunday (ive already spoken to both councils) and have been past so many pitches completely covered today on my travels the easiest solution for me this week was to try and move everything from last week with a few changes due to pitch share issues etc.

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:27 pm

This is why we decided not to win our county cup or Arthur Moore. Avoid a fixture pile up. This is where we come alive!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:32 pm

Ok thanks James
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:34 pm

dezza wrote:

I will do anything I can for any team to help. If a pitch is available (and playable) I will endeavour to sort opponents!!

My brief is to get the fixtures played by a certain date..... And as many on Sundays as possible.

I can completely understand people's logical and hatred opinion towards midweek fixtures. We are after all a Sunday morning football league, but unfortunately there is a deadline and this has to be met. It does not take Einstein to work out that this season has been shockingly awful (worst ever and I've said this for the last 3 years I believe) and I've got to try and look at ways to avoid this. We've had many debates on here about division numbers and starting the season early etc, but I am looking for solutions to help this season and always believe it or not ways to avoid it being so bad next. Problem is (again well documented on here) if everything runs smooth and you have 10 in your division you'd be done by Feb!! (Bet some teams would take that now). Anyhow I am looking at the situation now and trying to come up with some ideas to help. Some teams are not actually in too bad a situation!!!! When I have these answers (and there aren't many so don't expect miracles) I will announce them.

If anyone else has any ideas please fire away.

Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:45 pm

The fixtures have beem posted to the website. Referees will be added, when appointed

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Pages/Fixtures/Fixtures%20Weeks/Fixtures_ThisWeek.html
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 1:18 am

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
dezza wrote:

I will do anything I can for any team to help. If a pitch is available (and playable) I will endeavour to sort opponents!!

My brief is to get the fixtures played by a certain date..... And as many on Sundays as possible.

I can completely understand people's logical and hatred opinion towards midweek fixtures. We are after all a Sunday morning football league, but unfortunately there is a deadline and this has to be met. It does not take Einstein to work out that this season has been shockingly awful (worst ever and I've said this for the last 3 years I believe) and I've got to try and look at ways to avoid this. We've had many debates on here about division numbers and starting the season early etc, but I am looking for solutions to help this season and always believe it or not ways to avoid it being so bad next. Problem is (again well documented on here) if everything runs smooth and you have 10 in your division you'd be done by Feb!! (Bet some teams would take that now). Anyhow I am looking at the situation now and trying to come up with some ideas to help. Some teams are not actually in too bad a situation!!!! When I have these answers (and there aren't many so don't expect miracles) I will announce them.

If anyone else has any ideas please fire away.

What is the proposed end of season deadline?
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 6:23 am

This is one thing I am looking into at the moment.

Looking at previous seasons the norm is the last Sunday in April, which this season is Sunday 28th April 2013.

That is what I am working towards right now......

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 7:48 am

So James you organised fixtures and it snows again. You must have Pissed god off at some stage!
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 8:17 am

That's 13 weeks then. And we have 13 games. Perfect if no more bad weather.
Back to top Go down
The_Rock

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 1:08 pm

Which team has got the biggest backlog?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 1:16 pm

Star and garter at a guess.

Also, just heard some games are being called off now in the leicester Sunday league
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 2:57 pm

AFC Royal Oak have 13 league games and still in all 3 cups so atleast 16 games for us, potentially more! Another week off this week no doubt! Could be quite awhile till we play a league game :/
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 4:13 pm

Something to consider - pitch markings...people are saying that the ground will be clear by Sunday morning, but who will do the pitch markings on Sunday (they cant be done before)....guess we could take paintbrushes!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

Very good point Widds!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

There is 14 weeks left of the season

We have a minimum of 14 games to play this season (12 in the league & 2 in the cups) and a possibility of a maximum of 22 games should we get to all the cup finals.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

22 it is then kev!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
There is 14 weeks left of the season

We have a minimum of 14 games to play this season (12 in the league & 2 in the cups) and a possibility of a maximum of 22 games should we get to all the cup finals.

Sorry to correct you...but you've played 6 in the league out of 16, so that leaves you with 10 in the league?!

We've got 12 league games plus at least 1 cup game so between 13 and 15 games for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Sunday a free week   Call Sunday a free week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call Sunday a free week
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next