Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Alliance Premiership - the best yet?

Go down 
+3
Hellboy
Polska legend II
Aussie Owl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Empty
PostSubject: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 12:06 pm

I do not recall any day since the Alliance was formed 36 years ago, when three Premiership games were drawn.

Surely it is a sign that we have almost achieved what we have been striving for - a competitive Premiership where the results and final outcome are unpredictable Very Happy

Do you agree? What do you think the table will look like at the end of the season? (assuming we still have all ten teams.)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 12:36 pm

agree that the strength in depth this season is finally something worthy of a Premier division. This would also put a dent in my belief for many years that more teams from Div One should be promoted to make it more competitive - in other words so that they can all beat each other as the danger of having just 10 teams is that newly promoted sides could realistically only win barely a handful of games all season therefore putting the club under threat.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm

Oh, and as for the final table - this reinforces the point. Normally you'd start with Advance and say whoever finishes above them wins it, but there are clearly some strong sides there this year, and I genuinely couldn't call it at the moment. The only danger we have to this great division this year is off field problems - i.e. teams not being able to field a side if they are full of Saturday superstars therefore losing points etc.

Would be great if the bulk of the sides saw out the season and stayed there, with proper 2 up 2 down promotions and relegations.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

Just need to get rid of the pothunters, it would be a perfect league with loyalty ensuing.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 12:57 pm

can you pothunt in the Prem?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 1:25 pm

No, but thats where they drop down from, and end up playing in the lower divisions, so a player of prem standard who chooses then to play for a division 8 side, is a pothunter knowing full well they'll beat everyone in that division.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 1:32 pm

stick to the topic then Helly this is about the Prem Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 4:03 pm

I'm loving the Prem this year, for so long it was all about Advance and Prem Sports (and briefly Scrappy G) but now we have 9 teams all capable of beating each other and Magna 73.

Like I said in a previous post on another topic, the league could be won with the fewest amount of points over an 18 game season certainly we feel and so do Advance that you can maybe afford to lose up to 3 games and still have a chance.

In terms of teams folding, I think Frolesworth United were the main danger to go but they have secured 2 wins now and appear to be out the danger zone (although we'll see what Winter brings)

I honestly don't think Magna will go, they will see out the season and then take it from there, maybe rebuild in Division 1 AGAIN!!
Back to top Go down
OldMagnaNumber2

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 5:45 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
I'm loving the Prem this year, for so long it was all about Advance and Prem Sports (and briefly Scrappy G) but now we have 9 teams all capable of beating each other and Magna 73.

Like I said in a previous post on another topic, the league could be won with the fewest amount of points over an 18 game season certainly we feel and so do Advance that you can maybe afford to lose up to 3 games and still have a chance.

In terms of teams folding, I think Frolesworth United were the main danger to go but they have secured 2 wins now and appear to be out the danger zone (although we'll see what Winter brings)

I honestly don't think Magna will go, they will see out the season and then take it from there, maybe rebuild in Division 1 AGAIN!!

I think that is slightly unfair on us at Magna, we have played the top 3 sides in that number of weeks, I understand that we won't be challenging for a league title but I also don't see us struggling. We are more than capable of beating the teams around us (GT, Glenfield, Frolesworth, Oscars) so I think your unhealthly obsession with putting your old team down is getting a bit boring, I think you should be more greatful to the club that gave you an opportunity to play football.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 5:52 pm

Old magna shush man u can take oscars out that catergoryy you cheeky sod. your lucky to step on the same pitch as us... i wunt even put u lot in div 1:p
Back to top Go down
OldMagnaNumber2

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:02 pm

Jedster wrote:
Old magna shush man u can take oscars out that catergoryy you cheeky sod. your lucky to step on the same pitch as us... i wunt even put u lot in div 1:p

Without causing offence Im not sure if your better than Advanced, Star, Prem Sports, Car Breakers or Sparta Moshdock.

Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:08 pm

Without causing offence i no ud get mullered by evry team in the prem and most in div 1... lookin forward to reverse fixture on western park.. wel have more firepower this tym round lmao
Back to top Go down
OldMagnaNumber2

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:16 pm

Jedster wrote:
Without causing offence i no ud get mullered by evry team in the prem and most in div 1... lookin forward to reverse fixture on western park.. wel have more firepower this tym round lmao

Thanks for your well thought out input.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:23 pm

Cheers for the bite Ryan.

I'm not putting Magna down lad, I'm still heavily involved on the financial side of the club as well as secretary for the Saturday side. You know me well enough to not take me seriously on a forum!!

I do still feel however that you will struggle in a league of this strength. Someone just pay Grady to come back. That's all you need to start getting points. A top top player and organiser.
Back to top Go down
OldMagnaNumber2

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Cheers for the bite Ryan.

I'm not putting Magna down lad, I'm still heavily involved on the financial side of the club as well as secretary for the Saturday side. You know me well enough to not take me seriously on a forum!!

I do still feel however that you will struggle in a league of this strength. Someone just pay Grady to come back. That's all you need to start getting points. A top top player and organiser.

Grady is a good player, but he is one we and many other clubs could do without (a big time Charlie that turns up when they want) so all in all I'll keep the £20 a week for the good players that turn up week in week out win, lose or draw I.e Steveo, Lee Tyers etc

Plus I wouldn't of come back to lose every week, I believe we are more than capable to hold our own in mid table(Fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:34 pm

Now thats even funnier that magna actually pay!!! Only 1 player worth payin in that team whats his name that striker you know the one schoey is it?!?
Back to top Go down
OldMagnaNumber2

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

Jedster wrote:
Now thats even funnier that magna actually pay!!! Only 1 player worth payin in that team whats his name that striker you know the one schoey is it?!?

Schoey is a very good player yes, but I think he finds it hard that he isn't our star man and we can't base our team around him. But I agree he is a good player.

Last edited by OldMagnaNumber2 on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

Yeah i know he is bazza and hel be coming home next week... cya x
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

The prem this year is class and a joy to play in I honestly think u could lose more than 3 and still win it, 4 me star are my slight favs but that is slight, as for this schofield dude from wat I've seen of him he's flipping dog sh*** neway with a stupid hair do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alliance Premiership - the best yet?   Alliance Premiership - the best yet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance Premiership - the best yet?
Page 1 of 1