Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

The most competitive Premiership yet.

Go down 
+9
Widds
oily
Hairy Hebrew!
Vimto
Polska legend II
Skeems
rocket ledge
Hellboy
Aussie Owl
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

The most competitive Premiership yet. Empty
PostSubject: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 8:33 am

It was noted on another thread that, because Advance and Premier Sports have not been as outstanding as in the past, this season's Premiership has been the best yet.

If rumours are true and it would be a tragedy if they are, or if they continue with a similar standard, then surely it augers well for future seasons.

The key to enjoyment is not running away with the Division but having competitive games every week and then being Champions.

Will this seasons Premiership attract new existing teams of a similar quality? What is the word on the street? There is nothing on the grapevine here but if Emile gets in touch, I will make a post.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 12:46 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:

The key to enjoyment is not running away with the Division but having competitive games every week and then being Champions.

Its a bit too late for that, judging by past years when the same teams won absolutely everything, lets just hope you're right for the future.

Its gets very boring with teams folding when they fall out of form, and then suddenly re-emerge as a brand new team, with better chances of winning once again, this is whats killing the game, we want solid teams(example trinderbox polska etc.....) that are prepared to put the effort in, not just for 1 season, (and if they dont do very well they fold) but we want teams with some guts that will stick around for the long term, win or lose, show some backbone and stick it out at all costs.

Dont sign these sort of players on at any cost( thats down to bad managers), they're only there for half a season and then they're off as soon as you lose a couple of games, they might be good players but theres no loyalty, they will be playing against you in a couple of months time, and you all know who they are.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 3:51 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:

Its a bit too late for that, judging by past years when the same teams won absolutely everything, lets just hope you're right for the future.

Its gets very boring with teams folding when they fall out of form, and then suddenly re-emerge as a brand new team, with better chances of winning once again, this is whats killing the game, we want solid teams(example trinderbox polska etc.....) that are prepared to put the effort in, not just for 1 season, (and if they dont do very well they fold) but we want teams with some guts that will stick around for the long term, win or lose, show some backbone and stick it out at all costs.

Dont sign these sort of players on at any cost( thats down to bad managers), they're only there for half a season and then they're off as soon as you lose a couple of games, they might be good players but theres no loyalty, they will be playing against you in a couple of months time, and you all know who they are.

SO SAYS THROOPS BIGGEST FAN
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 4:19 pm

It's the tightest Premiership, certainly since I have been playing in the Alliance.

We are in mid/late April and yet any of the top 6 can still win the title realistically
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

rocket ledge wrote:

SO SAYS THROOPS BIGGEST FAN

WCB Tommy, everybodys following them round like lost little sheepp...baaahh baaaahh
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 11:01 am

Aussie Owl wrote:

Will this seasons Premiership attract new existing teams of a similar quality? What is the word on the street?

No not by the looks of things again, too many teams folding, messing up the tables, not really a true reflection if you can't finish a season, and no doubt we'll be saying the same thing next year.
it seems to be the trend now, and if this is the new norm, then its not very good at all for the alliance, for teams, for honest people, and for the sportsmen amongst us.

As others must notice, it's the same old cretins who's teams keep folding, and then popping up with a new one the following year, some peoples track records are so poor, i dont know how they're not ashamed of themselves, and some of them have even been saying now that they will fold on principle, just because its so easy to do, and reform later on.

It makes my skin creep, these people are totally spoiling what the alliance stands for, they're just using anything they can, for their own selfishness, and dont give a damn about anybody else, boot them out, dont sign them, you wouldn't get away with it anywhere else, why let them get away with it here?

Its not all about the money, sometimes people will think more highly of you if you do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 12:28 pm

i think it's a real shame that to an outsider, it appears that WCB appeared to be the big fish in the LSL pond, and then when they decided to get a bit more competition and join the Alliance, they bailed as soon as the going got tough. And by bailed, it also means that (again from an outsiders persepctive) it was perhaps a group of players that took the club down? I think the only lesson is that these clubs shouldn't touch players of that ilk. But I also remember a thread ages ago where the question was: would you as a club sign a 'superstar' player and let him get away with not paying his subs, playing whenever he felt like it or rather get in a player of lesser talent who paid his way and was there every week, but might lack the skill to help you win a game? I also spoke to an ex-Hoskins lad a few months back who said that a group of players there just never paid their way nor intended to. So perhaps the moral is don't sign these kind of players? Unfortunately, there will still be a few clubs who crave success at every opportunity, so will sell their souls to get these kind of players in.

As for WCB, I read on Twitter that someone felt the Alliance had also sold its soul to get them into our Premier division. Whilst this is totally untrue (they would have had to approach us first) they certainly won't be the last team to bail in these circumstances. As for the damage to the league table, my own personal view is that we can learn from this season's examples (very bad weather delaying the Billy Walton final & league fixtures / teams folding in April etc.) this means that perhaps the Arthur Moore format needs to be abandoned and go back to straight knockout. I would favour the first few rounds being played as midweek & Sunday games over the first 2-3 weeks of the season, then the league games taking priority from say, late September until January / February. That way many more league games would already have been played, and you may only be waiting for a couple of semi finals to schedule instead of waiting for group games to be played in the second half of the season. Shame as the format is a great idea, but it is now in my opinion causing too many problems
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

It pains me to say this but I agree with Hellboy.

In the past he has been a critic of ours but now that WCB have folded there is less of a chance of winning the league. I know we spoke about folding on principle but that puts us in the same boat as the very ones we are criticising.

I still think players need to be banned so that they cannot simply join a reformed team six months later.

Great season for us so far and fully enjoyed the more competitive matches. It's just left a sour taste and speaking to others, Sunday football looks like it's on it's last legs for those competing in the higher divisions.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 11:46 pm

Heard Car Breakers are back in the lsfl next season. Back where they belong, bless em! Couldnt handle the heat
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 10:39 am

Hellboy true words spoken.
Too many people walk away after one or two defeats jump ship and
if they come with 3-4 mates the club folds.
Then they start somewhere else.
At the end of the day its sunday football with your mates win or lose
go pub and thats what it should be about when you lose take it on the
chin.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 12:16 pm

Anyone worked out the prem table? If advance win do they get the title tomorrow and likewise for Oscars
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 12:20 pm

correct
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013, 8:36 pm

Widds wrote:
Anyone worked out the prem table? If advance win do they get the title tomorrow and likewise for Oscars

If oscars win its there any other result will leave it in advances hands will you be there widds?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 7:56 am

He wont know till he gets clearance from the mrs.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 1:47 pm

Haha, i was very tempted, but had things to do. So what's the end result? Do we have a champion?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 2:17 pm

Advance won 4-2
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 2:36 pm

Congratulations to Advance then, surely got to carry on?
Great effort by Oscars as well, showing that not all teams coming from lsl fold in the prem!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 4:23 pm

Just the triple crown for advance this year then.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 6:18 pm

277 trophies in 15 years
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 6:23 pm

Not a bad haul........
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 8:43 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
277 trophies in 15 years

you sure its not 27 lol, can't believe they have won about 18 trophies a year!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 8:44 pm

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
277 trophies in 15 years

you sure its not 27 lol, can't believe they have won about 18 trophies a year!

Haha well spotted widds, I didn't even notice that
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 8:58 pm

I did actually mean 227 in a humorous kind of way.
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 9:14 pm

Since the 01/02 season Advance have won:-

8 league titles 3 R/Ups
6 Billy Walton Wins 2 R/Ups
9 Arthur Moore Wins 1 R/Up
Not sure exactly how many premier cups but I know it is at least 3 (Appleby twice, Es Cana)
Back to top Go down
Saviour

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013, 10:11 pm

5 premier cups Simon! Just want to congratulate Oscars on a fine season and conducting themselves in a very gratuitous manner at the final whistle. My lads have been brilliant this season and deserve everything they have won. Maybe not the most talented squad anymore, but desire and know how has been immense. TRUE champions, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most competitive Premiership yet.   The most competitive Premiership yet. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The most competitive Premiership yet.
Page 1 of 1