Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

The new 'tape' rule

Go down 
+12
Cobbo
dezza
CSKA17
littlebigman
saturday manager
Jimmyb
man in black
THE MAGICIAN
Hellboy
Widds
lbennett86
Polska legend II
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

The new 'tape' rule Empty
PostSubject: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 1:34 pm

I heard over the weekend from 2 separate sources that the same colour tape rule has been challenged at FA level and apparently doesn't apply to our level on a Sunday! Can anyone confirm this officially...?
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Can only hope!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

hopefully this also means sepp twatter is on his way out
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Yes i can confirm this worlds gone mad, it should be made more clear, sellotape is the answer, you cant get clearer than that, i hope thats cleared it up, because i couldnt make it any clearer, if it was any clearer it would be transparent.

Septic bladder needs masking tape on his lips....clearly.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

Helly, the above did make me chuckle.....
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 4:51 pm

have heard nothing official about it either as a ref or assessor...just was told that it is law,,,,,i can not understand the major problem people seem to have,,its law and the league play by those laws so wouldnt it be easier to get same coloured tape and not bother how trivial the law seems
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

if its so trivial why would a ref make an issue!

I think the problem clive is that its difficult enough getting players turning up sober and with all their kit, sometimes we are just lucky to have tape.

and on the bigger issue, i think players just get annoyed with the silly rules being set up for lower league football when there much bigger issues
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:24 pm

It's a crazy, it's annoying, but it is a rule, surely not that hard to abide by. I don't wear tape anymore because of it and spend half the game adjusting my shin pads. Hopefully someone in our squad will invest in some tape of the blue variety soon.
Back to top Go down
saturday manager

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:31 pm

It has been challenged due to the fact that no where in league rules does it state that a team must wear the same colour socks...only shirts.

Therefore....how many of your players wear the same colour socks due to somebody stealing them, losing them, running out of colour.

So if one lad has green socks, two have black socks and the rest have white.

Does the referee have to check every players colour socks as well as jewellry, boots, nets, goal mouths.

The ref would have to get there an hour before a game.

Thats the reason why the District League on a Saturday have challenged it, an I imagine the same why the County FA have.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:32 pm

our socks are white with black top. should we wear black or white? does it depend what part of the sock its on? if both teams wear black socks should one team wear different colour tape? good god so many pitfalls i am genuinely scared! Will stick to suspenders matron
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:45 pm

It's not rocket science is it ,someone buy 3 rolls of cellotape for a £1 from the pound shop,use cellotape then no issue, whilst i think it's a silly rule the leagues such as the District League will not win a challenge about this,so everyone just stop moaning and get on with it
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:47 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
I heard over the weekend from 2 separate sources that the same colour tape rule has been challenged at FA level and apparently doesn't apply to our level on a Sunday! Can anyone confirm this officially...?
It does apply at Sunday level, can you think of any of the laws of association football that apply in Saturday Football that dont apply in Sunday Football?
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:53 pm

I get it, and not too much of an issue for us (red socks), but others like orange socks is a bit more tricky and CLEARLY sellotape just won't work.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:58 pm

Our ref made our lads change the tape yesterday which is fair enough s he's only doing his job however I do think its a Good point about different colour socks, yesterday we had 12 pairs of yellow socks so 2 of our subs wore orange ones from the home kit! How can we be allowed to wear different colour socks in a game but not tape??? Aand like widds said about the black band on his socks, our ref yesterday said we could use black tape as we had a miniscule amount of black in our kit, is this correct? Cos if so we'll just buy black tape!

I can't really see why fifa have bought this in
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 5:58 pm

I can't find orange tape anywhere lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

People are falling over red tape, its everywhere.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 7:40 pm

Asda are selling sock tae at a quid a roll, i got green so orange shouldn't be a problem
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:15 pm

littlebigman wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
It does apply at Sunday level, can you think of any of the laws of association football that apply in Saturday Football that dont apply in Sunday Football?

Just going on what I was told and you'd be surprised by who!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

littlebigman wrote:
It's not rocket science is it ,someone buy 3 rolls of cellotape for a £1 from the pound shop,use cellotape then no issue, whilst i think it's a silly rule the leagues such as the District League will not win a challenge about this,so everyone just stop moaning and get on with it

we've got Clive reffing us this Sunday so I went down the hardware shop on Narborough Road and bought a stack of red tape for £3!
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2012, 11:41 pm

The simple fact that you can play in different coloured socks, but not the same socks with different coloured tape immediately makes this new law farcical at this level.

Will common sense prevail?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:07 am

We'll be made to do handshakes next...
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 7:48 am

Polska legend II wrote:

You may joke but I realy can see this coming in soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 8:11 am

Polska legend II wrote:
littlebigman wrote:

we've got Clive reffing us this Sunday so I went down the hardware shop on Narborough Road and bought a stack of red tape for £3!
I agree it's absolutly stupid at this level and i will not enforce it at all,but then out will come the consistency idiots Very Happy however if i was a Ref going for promotion then i would apply this law so that if being assessed i wouldn't lose stupid marks.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 9:26 am

i can't comment on that until later this week for reasons that may become apparent!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 9:29 am

Polska legend II wrote:

Don't we already do it in the County Cups?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

Velcro straps that you can use more than once, entrepreneur or what, dragons den here i come, you'll see me smooth talking sexy Hilary soon.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

Sparta3 wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Don't we already do it in the County Cups?

nope not until you get to the final, sometimes the semi. you must just be a friendly bunch
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 11:36 am

i didnt actually say the law was trivial,,i said why are we discussing how trivial we feel it is..it is part of the game and we should just get on with it...it really is that easy.... see link below

law 4 says that the tape has to be the same colour as the part of the sock it is against,,,so black on black white on white,,,,and please no one say that they wear the tape half over one colour and half over the other Very Happy

it is expected that outfield players should all wear the same colours which would include shirts shorts socks undergarments and anything coverirng socks.....therefore a referee could actually pick you up for not having same colour socks as rest of the team....

alliance league do the handshake at cup finals so you never know..there is nothing to stop them using it at every game......

not having seen county cup rules yet i seem to think it was at every round last year,but i may be wrong on that one.....

polska you got red tape lets hope you wear red socks Surprised Surprised Surprised

http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/cid/HQNRUHMKYBHO95B37JB9UVA218YGAZ7G/Sock-Tape-CSTRAPING280/
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:00 pm

played a vets game last saturday and all our players had to rip the tape off, the ref did advise us to buy sellotape though
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:06 pm

man in black wrote:
i didnt actually say the law was trivial,,i said why are we discussing how trivial we feel it is..it is part of the game and we should just get on with it...it really is that easy.... see link below

law 4 says that the tape has to be the same colour as the part of the sock it is against,,,so black on black white on white,,,,and please no one say that they wear the tape half over one colour and half over the other Very Happy

it is expected that outfield players should all wear the same colours which would include shirts shorts socks undergarments and anything coverirng socks.....therefore a referee could actually pick you up for not having same colour socks as rest of the team....

alliance league do the handshake at cup finals so you never know..there is nothing to stop them using it at every game......

not having seen county cup rules yet i seem to think it was at every round last year,but i may be wrong on that one.....

polska you got red tape lets hope you wear red socks Surprised Surprised Surprised

http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/cid/HQNRUHMKYBHO95B37JB9UVA218YGAZ7G/Sock-Tape-CSTRAPING280/

the photo on the left Clive under my username is probably the kit we will be wearing on Sunday, and both home and away kits have red socks anyway so a purchase was necessary! And your reputation precedes you Clive, I know your good self will always make sure the laws of the game are upheld without exception! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

As always, I agree with Clive - he knows more about the laws of football than probably anybody connected with the Alliance.

However, I think its important that people have the right to challenge and discuss rules that 'the powers that be' decide to bring in. Especially when they are as ridiculous as this one and especially at our level of football.

Before we know it FIFA will have everybody wearing the same coloured boots - how can a different coloured piece of tape on your sock be any different to pink/orange/red/white boots?

And surely they must have other priorities. I'm sure Everton are chuffed to bits that the introduction of sock tape colour took precedence over goal mouth technology.

I hope Tommy's vets game ref was a one off, I've found so far that they are not bothered - just in case though I suppose I better get some green tape to go with the orange and blue that I've already bought.

Plus sellotape does not work, common sense must prevail?!........
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:16 pm

what would happen if a player with incorrect tape was allowed to play and scores a goal against you? if on the basis he should not be allowed on to the field of play in the first place, should the goal not stand or could the entire game be challenged and called into question?
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

On the basis of that Mark, most games could be called into question.

Corner flags not the correct height, lines not straight, grass too long, a player wearing jewellery under his shirt, hole in the net, trees over hanging the pitch, the penalty spot the wrong distance, dogs on the pitch, dogs##t on the pitch, dodgy linesmen, ineligible players, players with hangovers, refs with hangovers, helmetless youth on a motorbike speeding over the pitch, tape on the goalposts from previous weeks, crossbars bent into a U shape, etc etc

And thats my point - its Sunday morning football ffs!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm

as for things wrong with the pitch such as corner flags etc they should be notified to the ref that you are not happy before the game. so i would say same with socks........

as for knowing more than anyone,,not sure on that one blackie,,,its my job as referee and referee tutor and assessor to know the laws of the game,,,,but sayingh tat i still get them wrong at times.....and there are people within the league that are far more experienced than myself
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2012, 5:32 pm

Just wandered what the player thinks when a Ref turns up scruffy,tells them he doesn't mind that they're wearing their medallions and sovereigns and that it's only Sunday football, I would expect that Ref to be in for a hard game, to me most players on a Sunday are weighing the Ref up even before kick off so a ref who has do what your like attitude is more likely to get stick imo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

I understand some people cant get the right colour tape for their kits, so im just wondering is it acceptable to see what ref you have on the sunday and text him to ask or do you have to get your manager to do all that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new 'tape' rule   The new 'tape' rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new 'tape' rule
Page 1 of 1