Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....

Go down 
+5
man in black
harvey
Lodge
Minty
mbinblack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mbinblack

mbinblack

Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Empty
PostSubject: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 3:34 pm

A goal Keeper takes more than 6 seconds to release the ball from his hands, infact it was 8 seconds the referee blew his whistle for an indirect free kick from 5 yards inside the area from where the keeper stood at the point of the alleged incident.
An argument then took place from the team the free kick was awarded against saying the referee should only have had a word with the keeper and not given the in-direct free kick, the outcome was a goal that cost the team a point from the game.
The Laws of Association Football states that an Indirect Free Kick should be given.

Last edited by mbinblack on Sun 31 Jan 2010, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 3:41 pm

i thought the 6 second rule was abandoned but if a keeper persistantley and intenionally keeps hold of the ball and delaying the restart of play then he would be punished for time wasting.???
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 3:49 pm

no warning has to be given, the rule still applies. there was an indirect free kick given for it in the african nations this month. though i must say it is a poor law and should be scrapped
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 5:04 pm

Why is it a poor law? It reduces timewasting. A keeper shouldn't need more than six seconds to release the ball into play. Keepers get away with it too much now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
harvey

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 7:52 pm

your 1 of the only refs that still goes by the 6sec thing,as most refs aint botherd for years

Last edited by harvey on Fri 05 Feb 2010, 12:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
harvey

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 7:54 pm

Lodge wrote:
Why is it a poor law? It reduces timewasting. A keeper shouldn't need more than six seconds to release the ball into play. Keepers get away with it too much now.
what about players taking throw ins?
Back to top Go down
harvey

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 7:58 pm

you say it was 8?now i'll be honest if it was more like 30 i mite see your point
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 8:36 pm

harvey wrote:
Lodge wrote:
what about players taking throw ins?
The ball is out of a play when there is a throw-in. Different question altogether. Rules are rules Harv. The keepers (I have been one for years) know the rule, so have no excuse
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 10:45 pm

the law in my opinion should be amended. 6 seconds isnt long enough. if you are defending deep at the end of a game, is 6 seconds enough for your tiring defence to get out? the law still applies

A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands
for more than six seconds. A goalkeeper is considered to be in control
of the ball:
• while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any
surface (e.g. ground, own body)
• while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand
• while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 10:42 am

have to disagree harvey. I have gave three free kicks recently for the keeper holding the ball too long, two i had actualy shouted keeper lose the ball, one didnt release so i blew the other kicked it but next time he did same thing, third was 1-0 with minute to go and he just stood there, so i gave it there and then.

so if that makes me a tit then a tit i am
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 11:56 am

Clive - Do you look at your watch and time it or count in your head?

One elephant.......
Two elephant......
Three elephant.......
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 2:04 pm

Lodge wrote:
. The keepers (I have been one for years) know the rule, so have no excuse

Not all keepers know the rules, do you remember 2 seasons back when you played against AFC Beaumont Reserves, keeper was making his debut, ran out the area and picked the ball up he was nearly at the half way line lol Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Long live the crab!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 5:32 pm

have been known to count it in my head, have even glanced at watch but mostly try and count it in my head, but you really do know if he has held it too long
Back to top Go down
harvey

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 6:39 pm

clive you'll always be a tit Laughing tit was abit harsh,dont get me wrong rules are rules,but 8 sec????come off it, if every ref gave it in every match,then fair dues,but they dont,8secs aint time wasting,30 secs then yes maybe theres a case,but can the ref be honest and say he was watching him,or was it brought to his attention by the other team?witch most times it is,anyway surly he should have been running up the pitch to get himself in a good position for the next passage of play scratch
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 7:29 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Lodge wrote:

Not all keepers know the rules, do you remember 2 seasons back when you played against AFC Beaumont Reserves, keeper was making his debut, ran out the area and picked the ball up he was nearly at the half way line lol Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Long live the crab!

i think that was my debut aswell. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeMon 01 Feb 2010, 7:35 pm

fozzi wrote:
Tomassi wrote:
Lodge wrote:

i think that was my debut aswell. Rolling Eyes

just like it was yesterday Laughing
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 10:17 am

but while running back he will know that the keeper has ball and should be aware of how long he is taking
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:17 pm

the law is the law. i dont agree with it as long as towels are being used to clean balls for throw in's and that. but any self respecting keeper (or otherwise) should know to get rid
Back to top Go down
mbinblack

mbinblack

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:03 am

harvey wrote:
just goes to show your the only tit of a ref that still goes by the 6sec thing,as most refs aint botherd for years

First of all Harvey there is no need for that kind of abuse in this forum, secondly I don't make the rules I just enforce them.
It appears that you are very dissapointed with the outcome of the free kick awarded against you, your argument that you don't see it on the TV each week do's not stack up.
I think there is a big difference between FA Premier League football and Sunday morning football, I suppose we could ignore the offside rule and only have a kind word with defenders when they bring down a striker in the penalty area and forget about giving a penalty, where would you like the rules to stop ?????
We all have our own opinions and I respect you have yours but please less of the abuse there's a good fellow ....
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:22 am

mbinblack wrote:
harvey wrote:
just goes to show your the only tit of a ref that still goes by the 6sec thing,as most refs aint botherd for years

First of all Harvey there is no need for that kind of abuse in this forum, secondly I don't make the rules I just enforce them.
It appears that you are very dissapointed with the outcome of the free kick awarded against you, your argument that you don't see it on the TV each week do's not stack up.
I think there is a big difference between FA Premier League football and Sunday morning football, I suppose we could ignore the offside rule and only have a kind word with defenders when they bring down a striker in the penalty area and forget about giving a penalty, where would you like the rules to stop ?????
We all have our own opinions and I respect you have yours but please less of the abuse there's a good fellow ....

Well said mbinblack, there's far too much abuse going on, someone needs to take charge better, and enforce the rules, otherwise its down to me to keep pointing out their mistakes.
Back to top Go down
harvey

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:03 pm

mbinblack wrote:
harvey wrote:

yes there was no need for it,as i put in my reply to clive,tit was abit harsh!that was ment for you aswell
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm

I actually thought that Harvey was joking when he called me a tit because I had said in previous post, if that makes me a tit then I am a tit. And big smily face in the sentence made me think it was typed with a hint of sarcasm....is that rigth Harvey, or am I a bigger tit

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harvey

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:20 pm

man in black wrote:
I actually thought that Harvey was joking when he called me a tit because I had said in previous post, if that makes me a tit then I am a tit. And big smily face in the sentence made me think it was typed with a hint of sarcasm....is that rigth Harvey, or am I a bigger tit

Very Happy
it was ment as a joke,and i was trying to say i was out of order to the other tit in black at the same time,ah well tits all round then,any way being called a tit is hardly going to break any hearts is it? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 12:46 pm

All this talk of tits..........................................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....   Goalkeeper 6 second rule .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goalkeeper 6 second rule ....
Page 1 of 1