Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

postponement

Go down 
+27
phil_brown
Saviour
littlebigman
FC POCHIN
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Skeems
tysmith c.n.f.c
MonkeyBoy
CalamityScouse
Widds
Paul Daniels
THE MAGICIAN
Huncote Ressies
Hellboy
Gordon
bretty1
johnmeode
CSKA Mod
Alan Partridge
Polingtons
BigTimeCharlie
Vintage 9
Jenko
rocket ledge
Polska legend II
Spy
oily
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
phil_brown

phil_brown

postponement - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 4:21 am

johnmeode wrote:
Sad and bitter spring to mind oily. I cancelled the game Sunday with the league. I let your sec know later as was waiting for the league to come back to me. I can't control what players say to you while having banter. Something it seems is lost on you. Its banter. Get over yourself. If you do t like.it complain to the league.

Grow up. Pathetic.

I will make no more comments on this thread. I have explained everything we have done and why. This folks is sunday league football. Not the fricken prem. Like us or hate us, I don't cars.

Bonjour

Bonjour? Don't you mean Au Revoir?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 7:39 am

Hellboy wrote:
And Tom Orton works for the fairfield pub.

So you are blaming tom orton for the downfall of throops?
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 9:53 am

johnmeode wrote:
Jeysey you love winding me up don't ya!! Lol.

We have a squad of 15 - 16 if you include me. So 15 lol. 8 of the squad are involved in the first round of the fa cup. Is this ok for everyone? Lol. You don't think the league would have already looked into this!!?

So at the meeting, when you said you had 12 interested players, at least 5 of these must of been playing for these Saturday teams already? Did you disclose this to the league at this point? Fair enough if you have signed 3 more on since, but having 5 players playing at that standard would not of landed you in Div 2.

I'm with what seems to be the majority here, I think the league have set an unhealthy precedent and it could well come back to haunt them this season. They are happy enough to dock honest, hardworking clubs points and fine them over silly little administration errors and state "sorry, rules are rules" but then quite happilly make up new rules to suit other teams.

In my opinion, and not that of Sparta Moshdock as a club, it stinks.
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:07 am

johnmeode wrote:
Sad and bitter spring to mind oily. I cancelled the game Sunday with the league. I let your sec know later as was waiting for the league to come back to me. I can't control what players say to you while having banter. Something it seems is lost on you. Its banter. Get over yourself. If you do t like.it complain to the league.

Grow up. Pathetic.

I will make no more comments on this thread. I have explained everything we have done and why. This folks is sunday league football. Not the fricken prem. Like us or hate us, I don't cars.

Bonjour

ha ha, brilliant. You've turned into Del Boy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:22 am

not sure if the all the venting of anger is down to the postponement or the fact a Div 2 side has some tasty players in it. On another point - is it time to do away with Friday fixtures altogether?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:22 am

Jenko wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Au contraire, its not in toms nature, but i would like to know the name of the soon to be "new" pub landlord?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:23 am

Al Murray
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

Rene Petits Pois.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
not sure if the all the venting of anger is down to the postponement or the fact a Div 2 side has some tasty players in it. On another point - is it time to do away with Friday fixtures altogether?

No....the midweek fixtures are great...good for team bonding too
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 2:48 pm

no I meant just the Fridays Widds, keep the Wednesdays by all means
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 2:51 pm

I like the Fridays as well to be honest...i think they throw up a different challenge to Sundays.

I know some teams struggle, but i think its a good test of the strength of your squad and management
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 5:51 pm

In my experience, of those teams who express a preference, half prefer Wednesday and the other prefer Friday
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 5:55 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Au contraire, its not in toms nature, but i would like to know the name of the soon to be "new" pub landlord?

Tom Orton is a cracking player and a decent lad too, can't see him having much to do with the sides downfall.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

Widds wrote:
I like the Fridays as well to be honest...i think they throw up a different challenge to Sundays.

I know some teams struggle, but i think its a good test of the strength of your squad and management

A poor tradesman always blames his tools.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 5:59 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

Tom Orton is a cracking player and a decent lad too, can't see him having much to do with the sides downfall.

Hes even nicer than you dan.....if thats possible.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 6:19 pm

Widds wrote:

Get out Widds, the only reason you can get a side out on a Friday is because you can guarantee the lads a good night out straight after! It's like Sundays in reverse (night on the sauce first followed by football in the morning) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 6:26 pm

Lock the topic then, its getting rather boring now!
Back to top Go down
GT

GT

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 10:58 pm

Disgrace just found out our game tomorrow is off ? Star and garter! Joke, everything was ready, can't call a game off like this, peeed off understatment
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm

Having allowed 2 teams to postpone on Friday evening, and now with two replays to come, it was not worth facing more suggestions of treating some clubs differently to others, or one rule for one and another rule for others so I took the responsibility to postpone this match too.

I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't.

Sorry to all teams who have suffered inconvenience.

As Capello says - enough said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

postponement
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3