Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

postponement

Go down 
+27
phil_brown
Saviour
littlebigman
FC POCHIN
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Skeems
tysmith c.n.f.c
MonkeyBoy
CalamityScouse
Widds
Paul Daniels
THE MAGICIAN
Huncote Ressies
Hellboy
Gordon
bretty1
johnmeode
CSKA Mod
Alan Partridge
Polingtons
BigTimeCharlie
Vintage 9
Jenko
rocket ledge
Polska legend II
Spy
oily
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

Webbys v fairfield(throops)

Game called off due to saturday f.a.cup comitments.
Does this mean when the rest of the teams have 3 or 4 players
out due to whatever reason we can pick and choose our games.
Back to top Go down
Spy

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

I hear Leicester Polska v Huncote Sunday is off too?

Anyone know why?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm

a free date was requested a long time ago and such is James Shephard's workload and family commitments he only got round to it at the weekend. We did also attempt to bring the game forward to the bank holiday weekend but Huncote could not accommodate
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

we have also twice in the past 2 seasons arranged our own games during a free weekend with the league's and opponents blessing in order to get fixtures played. one was something like 2 January v Fosse City, the other was against Fleckney last year when we even hired their pitch (we were the home team) just so we could play a game
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

have car breakers got their fixture on friday off against oscars to ?

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

not to my knowledge
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

This will mean the car breakers will have a weakened squad with Lee barrett and danny gallagher both having an fa cup match saturday
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 1:29 pm

oily wrote:
Webbys v fairfield(throops)

Game called off due to saturday f.a.cup comitments.
Does this mean when the rest of the teams have 3 or 4 players
out due to whatever reason we can pick and choose our games.

Thats rubbish! How many players did we have missing last Sunday? 4-5, one rule for one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 1:42 pm

I fail to see why a Saturday game is a reason for postponing a Sunday game?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

it was a Friday game
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

Has the leicester foxes game been cancelled sunday
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

Jenko wrote:
This will mean the car breakers will have a weakened squad with Lee barrett and danny gallagher both having an fa cup match saturday

try 5 car breaker players

and havent they signed a class defender this week to
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
it was a Friday game
Still a Sunday league fixture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Jenko wrote:

try 5 car breaker players

and havent they signed a class defender this week to

I dunno who else plays for them mate just know about them 2 as they are playing for blaby

Who is the class defender?
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

A precedent has been set it seems......
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 3:36 pm

If it's a Saturday game and they can't play Friday, surely they will not be able to play on Sunday either then? Just let them play when they only have 20 players available.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 3:40 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
If it's a Saturday game and they can't play Friday, surely they will not be able to play on Sunday either then? Just let them play when they only have 20 players available.

How is playing sunday the same as playing friday in relation to a saturday team?
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

Obviously I was being sarcastic. But in all seriousness we have a big game in three weeks on a Saturday, so none of our sunday players can play for the next three weeks incase they are injured. All the cancelled games can be made up at the end of the season when we have to play 5 times a week.

Sundays and Saturdays have no relation. If Throops were in a final friday night I don't think they would be asking for it to be cancelled because all their team are playing for Blaby in the FA cup.

Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 10:35 pm

Everyone choosing to not take note of the fact they requested the date off then it appears?
If they had it booked off, and god knows the fixtures is a tough and demanding role, then what's the problem?
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm

We, fairfield have a few more than 3-4 players missing . I did try and get the game moved to tonight, but webbys couldn't do It. It is not one rule for one!! If clubs Saturday managers say they can't play what are we to do. The prestige and prize money available to clubs in the fa cup obviously takes precident. We did all we can to get the game on and apologise that it couldn't be played to all involved. Oh and we don't wait until we have 20 players available. We had 13 on Sunday and one of them turned up after the game had kicked off!
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 11:31 pm

Oh and we are fairfield dynamo not throops! Some off the comments are pretty pedantic. It's a massive game for a club at that level Saturday's to get to the next stage of the fa cup. The prize money is ridiculous. It's not the risks of injury per say it's more fatigue factor. The Saturday managers would have Allowed them to play tonight. It wont happen again as the is to be no more Friday fixtures this season (touch wood!)

Sorry some feelings are hurt, simple fact is we do not have enough players to fulfill the fixture due to fa cup taking precident. Simple
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:47 am

this i find crazy by the league, if two premier teams were to meet then fair enough but, a team that should have got promoted but folded and re appeared in a lower div is takin the mickey. i as well as the league know alot of the players,yet drop prem quality players to div 2 and then let them off a game? that im afraid is why we like many others struggle to get good lads because the league it seems bend over backwards for the clicky crew. my team are tryin to keep afloat in div 1 but im beginnin to wonder why. after tonights game im told another 4 players have been invited to join pot hunting teams in lower leagues,how we supposed to compete when the league keep helping them do it. i for 1 am gettin seriously considering givng it a miss
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 8:25 am

Fairfield are a new club. I am the sec of the club and I had not one bit of involvement in throops. Yes we have a few ex throops players. Most are mates and you play where your mates play. The assumption that the lads wanted to fold to play in a lower league is ridiculous. Throops folded and the lads wanted to play somewhere else. We signed them to us.

Not liking all this petty jealously. I did everything I can to get the game on.

Wind ya bleeding necks in.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 9:57 am

Let us put this thread into perspective.

This weekend is the First Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. A number of local clubs have progressed to this stage and will be playing their fixture. A number of players for those clubs also play their Sunday football in the Alliance League - which in itself is testimony to the strength and calibre of our League and our member cluba

The FA Cup, as with other FA competitions operates a prize fund - if a team wins in the First Qualifying Round, they receive, according to the FA website, £3000. That is a considerable sum of money for a local club - just ask our club Secretaries and Treasurers.

Clubs are going to want to field their strongest possible teams, and those clubs, who may be making a payment to players, are going to demand that their players are in prime condition for the match. To achieve that condition does not include playing an Alliance League fixture some 20 hours beforehand. Consequently we had, and granted a request from two clubs to postpone their Friday night Alliance fixtures in respect to the Satuday clubs in the FA Cup.

Needless to say we extend our best wishes to all local clubs in the FA Cup

The third postponement was of our own making and originated from a pitch share mix up last Friday. Whilst some players were able to get time off work for the game last Friday, which did not go ahead, their employers were not so obliging for this Friday.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 10:31 am

Just a sad case of people having their cake and eating it, some greedy people dont choose A or B anymore, they have A & B.....people wont make a choice nowadys, they just look at their situation and demand that they ahve it all, needless to say, thats why society is in the pickle its in now, its like asking a child if it would like an Xbox OR a wii, they'll tell you they want BOTH, trouble is they do get both, and hence we have the grab grab attitude.

These are the same people that will win most of our leagues silverware.
Back to top Go down
Huncote Ressies

Huncote Ressies

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 11:03 am

Just a sad case of people having their cake and eating it, some greedy people dont choose A or B anymore, they have A & B.....people wont make a choice nowadys, they just look at their situation and demand that they ahve it all, needless to say, thats why society is in the pickle its in now, its like asking a child if it would like an Xbox OR a wii, they'll tell you they want BOTH, trouble is they do get both, and hence we have the grab grab attitude.

Have to agree with what you have said! If players have there FA cup games which means that they cannot play for their team on a friday/sunday,then surely it should of been down to the managers to get decent and adequate cover in for them??

Just so games didn't run the risk of getting called off?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 11:14 am

Gordon wrote:
Let us put this thread into perspective.

This weekend is the First Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. A number of local clubs have progressed to this stage and will be playing their fixture. A number of players for those clubs also play their Sunday football in the Alliance League - which in itself is testimony to the strength and calibre of our League and our member cluba

The FA Cup, as with other FA competitions operates a prize fund - if a team wins in the First Qualifying Round, they receive, according to the FA website, £3000. That is a considerable sum of money for a local club - just ask our club Secretaries and Treasurers.

Clubs are going to want to field their strongest possible teams, and those clubs, who may be making a payment to players, are going to demand that their players are in prime condition for the match. To achieve that condition does not include playing an Alliance League fixture some 20 hours beforehand. Consequently we had, and granted a request from two clubs to postpone their Friday night Alliance fixtures in respect to the Satuday clubs in the FA Cup.

Needless to say we extend our best wishes to all local clubs in the FA Cup

The third postponement was of our own making and originated from a pitch share mix up last Friday. Whilst some players were able to get time off work for the game last Friday, which did not go ahead, their employers were not so obliging for this Friday.

I'm guessing this is regarding our game for tomoz night which we were informed last night night ( only 48 hours ) before we are due to play that is now off, I feel for my players who have booked half day's to be able to play and get us some sort of team out as we were missing no fewer than 6 players.

I'm not moaning as we only had bare 11 so it's worked out well it that sense but would have been nice to know before 48 hours that our opponents could not field a team so players did not waste half day holidays and I personally booked the night off as we were only getting 11 players out ourselves and i would be dusting my own boots down.

Still, get to watch England now and no friday night working.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 11:15 am

Huncote Ressies wrote:

Have to agree with what you have said! If players have there FA cup games which means that they cannot play for their team on a friday/sunday,then surely it should of been down to the managers to get decent and adequate cover in for them??

Sunday sides dont have a bottomless pit of players to call upon. Who on earth would anyone want to be a 'squad' member for a sunday side?

The rules state that you can request a postponement in good time within reason. In this case its player availability. Ok if it's a Saturday night and you've had a fair few drop out for one reason or another and turn up on a Sunday with bare 11, then its tough. But if you know you are having a substantial amount of players unavailable in advance, then I see no reason why you can't ask for a postponement. We're not the Premier league lads, get a grip.

I think its just a case of people getting the arse because 'oh these are decent but they've got 6 players out so we have a chance of beating them' and then the game being cancelled so there not happy about it.

Simply put, you can request a postponement, they have done, the league have sanctioned it as i'm sure they would do with any club, and that's the end of the matter.
Back to top Go down
Huncote Ressies

Huncote Ressies

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

Doesn't really seem fair but ahh well i could'nt care less to be honest.

There just seems to be alot of nonsense flying about and i commented after reading Hellboy's post and happened to agree with what he had said. Then i asked a question and now i have the answer.

My team wasn't affected and even if it was, i would of happily stayed at home and not bothered. Oh and i wouldn't of cared if the team that postponed were missing 5 or 6 of their top players just so it gave us the edge going into the game. Like you said, it aint the premier league!

Me being me, just getting my head in and giving my opinion! Peace afro
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 11:51 am

Huncote Ressies wrote:

Like asking prem managers to play kids during the international break. 'So that they get a team out. Lol. madness
Back to top Go down
Huncote Ressies

Huncote Ressies

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 11:58 am

No games are scheduled during the international break whereas games were in the alliance.

Johnny boy your going on about proffessional football and not sunday morning poor! They play for there career! If however there was some alliance players getting called up for the England squad then i would agree with there alliance match being postponed cat
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

If theres big enough loopholes, there'll always be sneaky snakes to slither through them.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:32 pm

Ps thank you for the clarification Gordon. Hope that ends the debate
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm

oily wrote:

Now here's a man that knows how to stick with one club.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

I think in this instance the league have shown some common sense and flexibility. I reckon they would have got some right stick if they had said tough luck you can't postpone your game and if you do you will be fined.

I believe if you have a side rammed full of Saturday players it catches up with you anyway, especially towards the end of the season, where they will be committed to playing Tuesdays and/or Thursdays with their Saturday sides. That is where the fixture list will bite - at that stage in the season I never have much sympathy for them, because if you sign these star players on, at the business end of the season, they are not going to put their Sunday clubs first.

And I think Bretty still hasn't got over walking off that friendly a few weeks back...! Laughing
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 6:20 pm

Polska i disagree with you as your on the comittee.
At the start of the year your asked what midweek games you can play weeks
ago. wednesdays or fridays.
So obviously dennis/gordon or whoever are on the commitee side with the so called
prima donna sides or sides who pot hunt like throops want them to do well.
We wanted friday games has a lot of our lads work away.
If anyone else had called it off points and fines would have occured.
Normally with any other side out of there twenty five signed on all play
in the f.a.cup they should be in the prem and not pot hunting like they are
and the league knew long ago thats what they were doing.

Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

have the car breakers got their game off then ?
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 8:44 pm

oily wrote:
Polska i disagree with you as your on the comittee.
At the start of the year your asked what midweek games you can play weeks
ago. wednesdays or fridays.
So obviously dennis/gordon or whoever are on the commitee side with the so called
prima donna sides or sides who pot hunt like throops want them to do well.
We wanted friday games has a lot of our lads work away.
If anyone else had called it off points and fines would have occured.
Normally with any other side out of there twenty five signed on all play
in the f.a.cup they should be in the prem and not pot hunting like they are
and the league knew long ago thats what they were doing.

1. We were never asked what day we would like a midweek game on. Not sure if everyone else were asked but we werent.
2. The league were told of the caliber of some of the players we were signing before the constitution came out. They decided what league we should go in. The rest of the players were signed throughout the summer when we realised that they were available
3. There is another game off due to this not just ours, so bang goes the theory that "we got away with it because of who we are". I have never been a secretary of a club before this season, so the notion that I would get some "special help" is laughable, considering my relationship with the league is new.
4. We do not have 25 players playing in the FA cup, but we have enough of our squad involved that would cause us not to be able to field a side at all.

I take offence to the term pot hunters related to us. Because we have signed good players, we are pot hunting! Grow up. The average age of our side sunday would not have been more than 19, most are in the first or second year at this level.

As mentioned before, I did everything I could to try and get the game on inc offering to play last night (weds).

Think you need to chill your beans Mr Oily. Because we have signed potentially better players than you have we are pot hunters. rightyho. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

i have only read bits of this thread because i got bored quite quickly, but from what i can see, why shouldn't teams be allowed some flexibility? do you want to play against a team of 7 players? win your league against the best legitimate team that others can put out.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

It's not often I wade into debates like this, but I'm all for something new.

So I'll add my two penneths worth.

I'll agree with you that I have never experienced the league ask which midweek date is most suitable for a club. But then again I've never been to a handbook meeting (much to my embarrassment) which is we're I believe best practice for club secs are handed out.

I also agree with Gordon's comments, there is a lot of money at stake, and I can understand why the Saturday club wanted a postponement.

My issue is, if you and Z other team have not used your 1 season free date option then the league are setting a dangerous precedent getting involved in allowing postponements for varying reasons (let's think Stag Do, They all work together etc). Therefore should have kept the fixture in place.

What happens if (as I genuinely hope as I know a lot of the lads involved) they get 2 round two? Do you get to suspend your Sunday game again? My opinion is simple, if you have set up a new team to compete in the Alliance League, you should be able to field a team as per rules. It is not the leagues responsibility to manage between Sat players and Sunday. it is your responsibility to make sure the players you sign can forefill the fixtures.

The reason why we have midweeks at the start of the season is to negate the possibility of fixture pile up towards the end of the season.

If, which there is every possibilty of given the quality of player you have signed on, you go in cup runs in all 3 cups along with already being a league game behind then I would fear a pile up for you and a nightmare for James to co- ordinate.

This is why Prem has less teams in it.

Does it matter to me that it is your team involved? Does it matter that the consensus seems to be there have been underhand tactics? Does it matter that it's you personally? Nope, not one jot.

What does matter, is this early on into a new teams life you can't raise 11 players to forefill a fixture, regardless of the standard of those players! If your not pot hunting, should one game 'understrengh' really matter? Your management isn't unavailable afterall.

The only direct personal thing I will add, is this is most definitely not your first involvement with the league, maybe as a named secretary yes, but not as an associate.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

postponement Empty
PostSubject: Re: postponement   postponement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

postponement
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next