Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

division 1

Go down 
+7
Paul Daniels
Jimmyb
Hellboy
Fishandchips
Widds
CalamityScouse
dezza
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

Seen topics for most of the other divisions so thought I'd start one for our division! So come on then who are your tips for the title? Relegation? Surprise package?

Personally I don't really know much about any of the teams in our division, however I expect us to be in the top half or higher and hopefully challenge for title along with the likes of n.r.I and leicester foxes!! No disrespect to any of the other teams I just don't really know that much about them.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

Dezza - if the signings that are rumoured on here are true and your getting the lads I know you have close ties with then I tip that you will win the league. Not at a canter, but if you can field anywhere close to your strongest team week in week out, then you'll def give it a very good go.

I think if Foxes can keep the group of players together they had last year, they will be a strong outfit to contend.

Im not sure how the constitution now looks, but the last draft I seen a team from Div 2 is very much Div 1 standard and should they be reclassified. If they are I would expect them to be in the top 3 along with the the 2 mentioned above.

If they aren't and they are left in 2, id tip Kirby to be the dark horse, I know they had a rotten year last year, but they have kept the bulk of that side together for years, and they have been successful for many years before last year which I think is a big tick in their favour. They performed well to get promoted to the Prem last time out in the Division so can see a repeat.

I don't know a lot about Barcabullona, Hoskins or Thumaston having never come across them so I cant comment much. Plus the rumour mill on them is very quiet. I would have to take last year as bench mark, and I think the 3 teams ive tipped above are about Throops standard and they finished above them all last year so unless they have added I see midtable again.

I hope NRI and Fosse both do well as they are both decent bunch of lads, a mid table finish would be acceptable I guess. But my fear about Fosse is they wont score enough goals, and NRI have made a huge jump from Div 3, and bypassing a very strong Div 2 so I dont know if it'll be a step to far.

Niffy are the other unknown, they could be brilliant they could be shocking, that's the Niffy way looking at past results! I think they are a bit to inconsistent to mount a challenge.

Then you have the 2 new teams in Enderby and Aylestone, on the quiet and just going on name alone if either one of them was to rock the boat and spring a surprise I'd say Aylestone very much could.

Of course, that's just my take on things and I could be talking complete rollocks..........it wouldnt be the first (or last) time...

Last edited by CalamityScouse on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012, 4:00 pm

Cheers for the comments Scouse, take a lot of pride in running a club which gets a good reputation as a decent bunch. Speaking for ourselves, this year will definitely be the biggest step up, our evolution as a team means that in our first match next season we will only have about 6 lads who played in our first game (me, the ilnickis, Chris Cooper and Ginge). As you mention, this year is a big step up for us (although Div 3 was very tough last year, and probably above Div 3 level) and we have had to bring some more new faces in to try and stay competitive after a double promotion, hopefully they will continue our smooth transition to a prem outfit!!
I think we could end up with a very low scoring (points) league with most teams capable of pulling points off each other.
From what i can gather, FC Azzuri should be in the top 3 as a minimum, Enderby 2012 and Barcabullona are also a cause for concern.
However, I honestly believe that if you finish above us, you will win the league......big statement, you heard it here first......!!! We are in it to win it as someone once said....and if you dont have aspirations to win the league...then tootle off to an inferior league competition!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
Dezza - if the signings that are rumoured on here are true and your getting the lads I know you have close ties with then I tip that you will win the league. Not at a canter, but if you can field anywhere close to your strongest team week in week out, then you'll def give it a very good go.

I think if Foxes can keep the group of players together they had last year, they will be a strong outfit to contend.

Im not sure how the constitution now looks, but the last draft I seen a team from Div 2 is very much Div 1 standard and should they be reclassified. If they are I would expect them to be in the top 3 along with the the 2 mentioned above.

If they aren't and they are left in 2, id tip Kirby to be the dark horse, I know they had a rotten year last year, but they have kept the bulk of that side together for years, and they have been successful for many years before last year which I think is a big tick in their favour. They performed well to get promoted to the Prem last time out in the Division so can see a repeat.

I don't know a lot about Barcabullona, Hoskins or Thumaston having never come across them so I cant comment much. Plus the rumour mill on them is very quiet. I would have to take last year as bench mark, and I think the 3 teams ive tipped above are about Throops standard and they finished above them all last year so unless they have added I see midtable again.

I hope NRI and Fosse both do well as they are both decent bunch of lads, a mid table finish would be acceptable I guess. But my fear about Fosse is they wont score enough goals, and NRI have made a huge jump from Div 3, and bypassing a very strong Div 2 so I dont know if it'll be a step to far.

Niffy are the other unknown, they could be brilliant they could be shocking, that's the Niffy way looking at past results! I think they are a bit to inconsistent to mount a challenge.

Then you have the 2 new teams in Enderby and Aylestone, on the quiet and just going on name alone if either one of them was to rock the boat and spring a surprise I'd say Aylestone very much could.

Of course, that's just my take on things and I could be talking complete rollocks..........it wouldnt be the first (or last) time...

who is this team in Div 2 we should be worried about then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 6:16 am

Start your own topic fish. Laughing everyone knows its going to be Reem teams domination.

Leicester foxes OB will totally dominate this division(div1), they wont lose one game, they will show every other team in this division up very big time.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 7:36 am

i think making so many comments this morning has made you dizzy Hellboy! the only was is NRI
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 9:38 am

Hellboy wrote:
Start your own topic fish. Laughing everyone knows its going to be Reem teams domination.

Leicester foxes OB will totally dominate this division(div1), they wont lose one game, they will show every other team in this division up very big time.

Only asking because he mentioned it Helly Smile

on topic...... Division 1 looks like a lot of good sides but favourites are the three already mentioned NRI, Foxes and Azzuri, anyone that beats them to the top 3 spaces will have had a very good season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

Widds wrote:
i think making so many comments this morning has made you dizzy Hellboy! the only was is NRI

I'd better go and check what ive been writing on here, before all the verbals start comming my way, it was early.

fingers crossed.

Bloody pothunters are everywhere................ cherry
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 6:00 pm

Looks a strong division, if we get full commitment from our squad we will stay up. If we are not at full strength regularly we will finish bottom.

Barcabullona to win it.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 7:17 pm

Hellboy wrote:

Not too sure they will, unless they've improved. Dunton and Broughton beat them in the cup last season, and they finished 5th.... Hardly world beaters.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Looks a strong division, if we get full commitment from our squad we will stay up. If we are not at full strength regularly we will finish bottom.

Barcabullona to win it.

Barcabullona are a very good side.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

Has it been confirmed exactly who they are yet!? From what I've heard they've replaced Dunton & Broughton as they're run by the same people, not the same players involved though apparently.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Has it been confirmed exactly who they are yet!? From what I've heard they've replaced Dunton & Broughton as they're run by the same people, not the same players involved though apparently.

They are a completely new team basically from what I know. Although they've kept the same kit as it belonged to one of the lads whose running Barca.

Wouldn't mind knowing where a few of the Dunton lads end up, i.e the centre half who scored 16 goals!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 9:04 am

Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

They are a completely new team basically from what I know. Although they've kept the same kit as it belonged to one of the lads whose running Barca.

Wouldn't mind knowing where a few of the Dunton lads end up, i.e the centre half who scored 16 goals!

Thats some going!!! Will have to keep an eye out for any centre backs tootling up at corners...although to be fair, our left back got 13 goals last season i believe...the White Cafu Andy Ilnicki
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 10:17 am

Sounds like pothunter talk to me.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

Azzuri will absolutely smash the league. A prem team playing at div1 level, all pressure is on them i'd say. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 10:55 am

i think Hoskins will finish bottom, just above NRI.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

Hellboy wrote:
i think Hoskins will finish bottom, just above NRI.

Would like this as well, we want the div 2 trophy so we can have the full collection....4, 3, 2, 1 and Prem
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

Haha no pressure on us capello!!! We are just going to get on with the season and see how it goes!! Personally think the pressure is on NRI after widds has stated on here they will win it........ Big claims to make haha
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm

I am waiting to get a text from Malc telling me to stop tipping us to win the league haha
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 12:24 pm

Bet malc finds it harder to keep you in check than he does to run the rest of the team haha
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

my personal favourite was posting that we had won, at 9am on a Sunday morning lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

FC Hoskins to finish top with room to spare, especially with the players people say they are bringing in.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 1:58 pm

Who they signing then helly??
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

In all seriousness I reckon we NRI should be happy with about 6th for our first season in Div 1, it is a huge step up for the majority of the team and with the sides in the league we will find it hard going, having said that I'm sure we will give most teams a game its just that their extra bit of quality will edge us out.

Still, looking forward to some titanic battles.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
In all seriousness I reckon we NRI should be happy with about 6th for our first season in Div 1, it is a huge step up for the majority of the team and with the sides in the league we will find it hard going, having said that I'm sure we will give most teams a game its just that their extra bit of quality will edge us out.

Still, looking forward to some titanic battles.

Disagree....even the title and winning all the cups will be a disappointment.... lol!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

I sense a fine heading widds' way from malc hahaha

I agree with malc in the sense that its going to be a very competitive division and also people who are writing hoskins off aare daft they had some quality signed on last season and if they add to that they will be defo up there!! Don't think anyone is really a True favourite as its so hard to judge!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

I fully expect to be called into the managers office over the above post....i appear to believe that because i am very good friends with the secretary i can get away with these things haha...

In seriousness, i think any number of teams could win it, Hoskins will be right up there if they use their div 4 team from last year, Kirby have been around donkeys years i believe so they will be involved, Fosse have been there for a few years so know what its about...cant remember who else is in our division, but obviously Azzuri and NRI are hoping to be in the mix...how long till the season starts???
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

Leicester Foxes OB will walk this division, the title will be theres by the end of January.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

More chance of them folding....

FC Azzuri to win....beating Prem class oppo 4-0...we only beat an LSL div 4 team 4-1...long season
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 11:58 am

We won't win it especially if prem sports get louis off us which looks extremely likely now, he would of been a big player for us!! Also we did have george himan playing that day who won't be playing for us unfortunately but he's s&g through and through
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

dont let widds wind you up dezza, nri will destroy this division, especially now that aylestone have been wrongly dropped down to div2
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Haha he doesn't wind me up!! He always tries to deflect the spotlight from NRI to us
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 12:24 pm

i thought Louis was happily settled in?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 12:27 pm

So did I mark but I think he's getting his ear bent when at training with thurnby!! These things happen in sunday football
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

dezza wrote:
Haha he doesn't wind me up!! He always tries to deflect the spotlight from NRI to us

you got me lol
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 2:03 pm

Leicester Foxes will win this Division if they have the team they had last year.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

[quote="Paul Daniels"]Leicester Foxes will win this Division if they have the team they had last year.[/quote

absolutely agree, very odd that a team with 97 percent win ratio only went up one division. Heard rumours they would fold if put in the prem as the players didn't fancy it. suggests they are good players but scared of challenges.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 6:44 pm

[quote="Widds"]
Paul Daniels wrote:
Leicester Foxes will win this Division if they have the team they had last year.[/quote

absolutely agree, very odd that a team with 97 percent win ratio only went up one division. Heard rumours they would fold if put in the prem as the players didn't fancy it. suggests they are good players but scared of challenges.

Talking of challenges, did you see after Mo Farrah won his second race, when he tried to lift his daughter into the air in celebration, and failed big time, best moment of the olympics for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

division 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: division 1   division 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

division 1
Page 1 of 1