Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 18 December

Go down 
+27
Thurmaston2011
BEES KNEES
NiffyA
THE MAGICIAN
Sparta3
Katie G
welshy26
RICKY-BOBBY
driver666
Bucko
Skeems
mowmacre fc
hurstr2
LoneRanger38
Northy
Widds
Capello
whiteeagles
Ramley_LBFC
BirstallRangers
browny15lfc
Hellboy
Gordon
lingers
Jenko
Paulo
Polska legend II
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 7:53 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
i think there has to be a bit of common sense applied though, even though the reasons may not be apparent. for example, we called a game off against scrappy garage last year at 9.30am because the ref was travelling from coalville and was most grateful we saved him a 20+ mile round trip. and i'm sure there's a rule that states if a locally based qualified referee (who isn't doing the match) deems it unplayable that is also allowed

I fully understand what you are saying Mark but what idont get is how one game has a late pitch inspection and is deemed playable and then a pitch next to it is called off before half 9?
Back to top Go down
welshy26

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 8:06 pm

ur sec called the games off when r manager rang him at half 8 ur so.so dnt no y u keep going on about it.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 8:15 pm

Jenko wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
i think there has to be a bit of common sense applied though, even though the reasons may not be apparent. for example, we called a game off against scrappy garage last year at 9.30am because the ref was travelling from coalville and was most grateful we saved him a 20+ mile round trip. and i'm sure there's a rule that states if a locally based qualified referee (who isn't doing the match) deems it unplayable that is also allowed

I fully understand what you are saying Mark but what idont get is how one game has a late pitch inspection and is deemed playable and then a pitch next to it is called off before half 9?

all down to refs / clubs discretions and whether the bad weather procedures are strictly followed or a little relaxed i guess
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 8:28 pm

welshy26 wrote:
ur sec called the games off when r manager rang him at half 8 ur so.so dnt no y u keep going on about it.

Who's club sec?
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

We all had an email yesterday from the league (refs and secs included) to inform us of the bad weather procedure.....wait until 11am if there is a chance of playing and play 80 or 70 mins if needs be.

Woke up at 7am and ground covered in frost only. By 8am snow was falling and settling in Wigston. Made our way to Uplands for 9:45am and all three pitches were green, with the white being frost only, no snow particularly.

One assistant referee was at the ground from 9:30am. By the time the appointed ref to our game showed up, he made the decision to wait until 10:45am so the lads on both sides got kitted up; goals up and tried to thaw the ground by warming up. There were some hard bits but not dangerously sharp.

The Wheel's pitch (in my opinion) was actually softer than ours. I didnt't see any one from any other team at the ground, except Pete from the Firs who came to watch us. If your appointed ref won't do an inspection, I thought other local refs were called upon? Like I said, one assistant was there from 9:30am so could have informed the league of the state of the ground if asked.

All this said, our player who went to A&E slipped and twisted his knee- nothing to do with the state of the pitch in terms of it being hard, just slipped because it was wet. Over stretched his medial ligament and possible cartillige damage and out for 3-4 weeks so lucky as far as knees go!

Thanks to all at NRI for getting the game on- Harvey Webb converted the peno for us.

Merry frickin Christmas everyone!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 8:39 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
we had Paul Wood once last year and I thought he was best ref we'd had in years. Good signings for you there mate, and like the warm up pitch routine, might use that come the new year

Trouble is its probably true, it'd probably be some little old dears car, someone thats worked all their lives very hard to save up for it, then all of a sudden, some goon comes along for a little laugh, with their gargoyle looking mates, and destroy it within seconds, just because they feel like it, probably the same sort of fool that knocked down my friends mums front wall last week for fun, the poor woman, shes only in her 80s, her husband has just died, shes at her lowest point, still i bet it was fun for them on the night, i seriously hope they get their just deserts in life..

Merry xmas to you ...you low life arseholes!!!
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 9:03 pm

welshy26 wrote:

no no no no our sec did not call it off and i txt ure sec sayin we were still up for the game and would do a late ko and even tried to ring him but no reply mmmmmm.

and i have the txt to prove wot im sayin i was fumin it was off especially wen i knew other games were on. i spoke to my sec after and he said ure guy rang and sed the pitch was unplayable fair enough mabe he should of questiond it but he is new to this and mabe a bit naieve to believe wot your sec said he is a genuin lad and just went with wot he was told.

still we were up for the game and your sec wouldnt answer his phone when i txt him sayin that we were
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 9:54 pm

kaffir inn fc wrote:
welshy26 wrote:

no no no no our sec did not call it off and i txt ure sec sayin we were still up for the game and would do a late ko and even tried to ring him but no reply mmmmmm.

and i have the txt to prove wot im sayin i was fumin it was off especially wen i knew other games were on. i spoke to my sec after and he said ure guy rang and sed the pitch was unplayable fair enough mabe he should of questiond it but he is new to this and mabe a bit naieve to believe wot your sec said he is a genuin lad and just went with wot he was told.

still we were up for the game and your sec wouldnt answer his phone when i txt him sayin that we were

Easy one to resolve....if you have the calls in your dialled numbers and texts in your sent box then no arguements....would suggest you keep them tho....
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 10:06 pm

which i have so its all gud what difference will that make tho mate its bin and gone now.

i was just annoyed that we wont have played for 6 weeks and thats if we get a fixture on the 8th and i can put money on it we will get a hard fixture like you boys or reem.
it would be ok if their sec admitted he made a mistake and didnt try to blame my sec mabe he thought the snow wernt gonna stop but still should of bin checked. and mabe we shouldnt have took his word for it and gone up their ourselves all ifs and buts tho.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

Widds wrote:
all uplands pitches were fine by 11am...no harder than summer and no sharp frozen bits...

Magna were better team for much of today, a bad keeping mistake and a dodgy penno helped us go 2 up...Second half equally dodge penno for magna was converted. We defended superbly with just one shot on target for me to deal with and about five crosses. We netted in last minute, think magna deserved a draw but we are obviously delighted. Top lads and katie at magna, always good games and glad we don't have to play them again.

also hope their player is back soon after leaving in an ambulance

Cheers Widds think we definitely had the better of the game and deserved something but you boys always seem to grind out results when it matters....asomething i wish we were capable of sometimes!! Think our keeper was the same no real shots to save. Good competitive game though played in exactly the right way always a pleasure to play them.

Lunny has torn cartilige and over strecthed his ligaments will be out with 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for putting the food on etc soften the blow a little bit! Good luck to NRI for the rest of the season!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 10:22 am

Thurmaston 1 - 1 LDA Spartans

First of all, well done to Thurmaston. They played exactly as we expected - plenty of energy from the off, throwing players forwards but slowly tiring until they became an unorganised mess.

They scored a decent early goal to be fair, but we should really have woken up from that. We piled the pressure on in the second half but had to settle for a very late equaliser.

We need a drastic improvement on a last 2/3 performances if we are to win our quarter final in 3 weeks time.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 10:22 am

NRI 3 MAGNA 1

Have to say we really had to dig deep yesterday, wasn't one of our best performances iv'e ever seen but lucky for us we got the job done, we were also fortunate with luck yesterday too, back pass from Magna full back wrong footing the keeper to put us 1-0 up against the run of play, this only a minute after ex NRI player Chicko had hit the post.

We were then awarded a fortunate penalty, one of those that iv'e seen given many a time but one which gets waved away several times a game, Andy Ilnicki stepped up to put us into a 2-0 lead at half time.

We spoke at half time that we needed to step up our work rate and match Magna's if we were to hold onto our very fortunate advantage, although Magna were having the better of the game I thought defensively we held out very well with both centre backs ( Neil Veasy & Chris Eames ) holding very strong against some very good movement from Magna's front 2, Widds also made 3 very good punch outs when we were in trouble.

Magna were then handed a fortunate penalty of their own, to make it 2-1, 2nd half Magna were pumping many balls into the box and ditched there attractive first half play for the more direct route, again defensively we held out superbly, Mitch Lock then made the points safe in the final minute from the lively Jimmy Dixon who carved Magna open with a great bit of skill.

Got to say that 2011 has been a very good one for the NRI and if i'm not mistaken we have only lost 1 league game in the calender year against Reem team, like Paulo said, we seem to be able to grind out a result when it matters most, we have won many games in 2011 by the odd goal which is a very good sign, looking forward to 2012 but also happy for the 3 week break now which will give our injured players some time to recover.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all in the alliance league from myself and the lads at NRI
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

Well Done Malc, hope u boys have a good xmas!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

On the talk of refs and games being called off, would like to say thank u to each of the refs that got our 3 games on at Horsewell Lane yesterday, there was snow on the pitch but after brushing clean the lines and a 5 minute warm up on the pitch it was problem solved.

Shame about the hammering by Advance, but we did go 1-0 up!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

Sparta3 wrote:

First of all, well done to Thurmaston. They played exactly as we expected - plenty of energy from the off, throwing players forwards but slowly tiring until they became an unorganised mess.

They scored a decent early goal to be fair, but we should really have woken up from that. We piled the pressure on in the second half but had to settle for a very late equaliser.

We need a drastic improvement on a last 2/3 performances if we are to win our quarter final in 3 weeks time.

didnt see this one coming!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 1:54 pm

KAJI-MACHINE wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

Neither did we - probably where our problems started!

They had few new lads too, good(ish) striker is one of them.
Back to top Go down
Thurmaston2011

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

LDA Spartan's where all over us last game, should off won 10-0.
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

u mean yesterday thurmaston??
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
KAJI-MACHINE wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

Neither did we - probably where our problems started!

They had few new lads too, good(ish) striker is one of them.

did there big pitch have an affect or not?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 2:42 pm

Yes, definitely. although they don't seem to cope with it too well either.
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 2:47 pm

they were our 1st game of the season n 8 of us just got back from magaluf and running round that pitch was the worst thing ever its massive!!
Back to top Go down
driver666

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

From what i saw of the game between thurmaston and LDA yesterday thurmastons new players have made a big difference and were all over LDA first half and should have finished them off with the amount of chances they had. Thurmaston played some loverly passing football all game. LDA came back into it second half but still couldnt create many clear chances and thurmaston still had plenty of chance to score but lacked that clinicle finish. LDA were very lucky with their goal definatley a foul on the goalkeeper. Also would like to say some of the lda players didnt look liked they liked how well thurmaston were playing because they started moaning at every oppotunity. Well played thurmaston 2011.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

NiffyA wrote:
On the talk of refs and games being called off, would like to say thank u to each of the refs that got our 3 games on at Horsewell Lane yesterday, there was snow on the pitch but after brushing clean the lines and a 5 minute warm up on the pitch it was problem solved.

Shame about the hammering by Advance, but we did go 1-0 up!! Smile

worst thing u can do against advance!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 4:31 pm

agreed. and theres no shame in getting hammered by arguably the best side in leicester for some years
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 6:20 pm

driver666 wrote:
From what i saw of the game between thurmaston and LDA yesterday thurmastons new players have made a big difference and were all over LDA first half and should have finished them off with the amount of chances they had. Thurmaston played some loverly passing football all game. LDA came back into it second half but still couldnt create many clear chances and thurmaston still had plenty of chance to score but lacked that clinicle finish. LDA were very lucky with their goal definatley a foul on the goalkeeper. Also would like to say some of the lda players didnt look liked they liked how well thurmaston were playing because they started moaning at every oppotunity. Well played thurmaston 2011.

Thurmaston player/sub by any chance?
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 6:58 pm

Capello wrote:
Leicester Foxes 1-0 Webbys

We had one of our lads at the ground at 8:30 to check the pitch and it was 70% off but over the next 120 minutes and a few buckets of hot water to soften the goal mouths the referee was happy.
Foxes started the game well moving the ball around in the difficult conditions and created a few chances but to no prevail. Webbys looked happy to sit back and soak up the pressure but in the second half that was their downfall after being under pressure for a long time Ben trinder found space in the box to put us 1-0 up although the keeper should of done better. Foxes continued to apply pressure and created several chances but just couldnt get the second goal and then it got interesting. , With webbys being awarded a free kick out wide it was delivered into the body (arms) of keaton towers who was being pressured with his back to goal by gilly the beast, Anyhow mr towers took the ball down superbly with his arms, ( sorry i mean chest) and then took a great leap to the floor i would personally call it daleyesk and yes you guessed it penalty to webbys...... There was some debate who was to take the penalty but after a game of paper scissor stones the decision was made it was to the player thats "never missed a penalty" that was until today when our keeper pushed the ball around the post.
It finished 1-0 to Foxes and being honest that flatters webbys, if we walked off winning 6 or 7 nil there would of been no complaints... Good luck to webbys in your last four games

For somebody to go down the pitch at 8.30 and say it was playable who has no idea about football and
tell us it was playable what a joke the ref to turn up and say your playing it now because it seems he needed
the money another joke and the guy who has wrote this post another joke.
How can a side win 6 nil when they had 1 shot on target.yes they missed one or two chances but so did we.
I believe if our penalty had gone in we would have gone on to win last twenty we were all over them but considering
the appalling pitch they just about deserved it.
Just glad nobody got injured and game played in the right spirit foxes are the best side in division just hope they
carry on as league may elevate them too high to compete
Just to add great bunch of lads how it should be.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 7:33 pm

Went down at half 8 because some of our lads work sunday mornings and leave early for football so if it was not playable obviously they would of stayed at work. Now you are being very daft, you were all over us, we only had one chance on target, you would of beaten us if the peno went in.....Them three statements are a joke. One shot on target? one goal dissallowed, crossbar hit twice, jake wain missing at least three chances from around the penalty area and hanging his head in shame that he didnt bag an hatrick against you. All over us last 20? You had your moments pradominantley when your lads were diving all over the place and lumping it in the box all of which were headed away by scott johnson time and time again he was getting bored winning everything. Finally your post was a joke. . Well done on beating us at your place though!
Back to top Go down
Hspartan

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
driver666 wrote:

What makes you say that Nath? Is it the spelling or grammar which you would associated with someone mid-way through secondary school?

I particularly love the irony of 'they started moaning at every oppotunity (sic)'.....yet 'their goal definatley a foul on the goalkeeper'. Hahaha.

Do people like losing and playing poor? (That's a bit cruel of me, if it's a Thurmo player....)

If you want a honest opinion, it was a terrible game of football in which we were awful and not up to Thurmo's energy levels but still had chances to nick it (three chances in particular during the second half for ourselves). Ask any of our players we haven't performed for a while as a team (QPR know it) and we have finally ended up dropping points. No excuses. Infact, I hope it focuses everyone for our Quarter-Final and fixtures against the leaders in the second half of the season. You learn from your lessons (something which Thurmo are notably doing and fair play for it).
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 8:50 pm

Hspartan wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
driver666 wrote:

What makes you say that Nath? Is it the spelling or grammar which you would associated with someone mid-way through secondary school?

I particularly love the irony of 'they started moaning at every oppotunity (sic)'.....yet 'their goal definatley a foul on the goalkeeper'. Hahaha.

Do people like losing and playing poor? (That's a bit cruel of me, if it's a Thurmo player....)

If you want a honest opinion, it was a terrible game of football in which we were awful and not up to Thurmo's energy levels but still had chances to nick it (three chances in particular during the second half for ourselves). Ask any of our players we haven't performed for a while as a team (QPR know it) and we have finally ended up dropping points. No excuses. Infact, I hope it focuses everyone for our Quarter-Final and fixtures against the leaders in the second half of the season. You learn from your lessons (something which Thurmo are notably doing and fair play for it).

Have just seen this post and the comment I have made bold is absolutely ridiculous

I am sure Thurmaston would rather not lose yes, but if every team decided enough was enough when they started losing a lot of games like thurmaston have there would be a lot less leagues! I for one think they deserve credit as some teams would of folded after this start to there first season.

And if they played poorly against you on sunday surely you were just as poor as you were unable to beat them?
Back to top Go down
Thurmaston2011

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

we both had chances to win the game in all honesty, the game was more of a scrappy affair than anything.

your team did play rough and throw abuse at us, for example your subs on the sideline throwing abuse at our players like calling us 'clowns' and commenting on our football ability, most of our team are young lads around the age of 17/18 and how old are you? 20/30's maybe more? But we didn't help our cause for some of the foul mouths we have in our team aswell so let's leave it at that.

we all tried our hardest but at the end of the day we wake up on a Sunday morning to play a game of football right? Not to criticise the other team, lets just forget about it and get on with the other games we have.

We cannot moan about decisions now the game ended 1-1 and we can't change that now, even with the amount of abuse we throw at the other team.

every team has players which get to mouthy and let the team down, no-one can deny that. But it was a good game LDA, we wish you the best in the league and with your quarter-final tie.

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

Jenko wrote:
Hspartan wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
driver666 wrote:

Have just seen this post and the comment I have made bold is absolutely ridiculous

I am sure Thurmaston would rather not lose yes, but if every team decided enough was enough when they started losing a lot of games like thurmaston have there would be a lot less leagues! I for one think they deserve credit as some teams would of folded after this start to there first season.

And if they played poorly against you on sunday surely you were just as poor as you were unable to beat them?

I agree Jenko and would also suggest its a risky game to play, picking on another forum members grammar. I have seen two mistakes in the response to driver666...but i won't draw attention to it because i am sure i make the odd mistake.... study
Back to top Go down
Hspartan

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

Jenko wrote:
Hspartan wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
driver666 wrote:

You've completely mis-read my remark, it was aimed at the point by driver666 that we began moaning when we were 1 down. Every team does it when they are losing, that was my point and it's even more apparent when you get frustrated with yourself. Not a criticism of Thurmaston, just a criticism of driver's opinion. You don't enjoy losing, you don't enjoy playing poor, so the human reaction is to moan.

If you read the last paragraph, there was the self-admittance of us playing poor and I also made reference to how well Thurmo are learning to adapt from junior to senior. I haven't used the old Sunday morning book of excuses...1) the ref was crap, 2) we had injured players, 3) the lino was cheat, 4) the pitch was dodgy. We know exactly the rut you get into on a long winless run and how the little bits of luck go against you.

The grammar thing was partly an in-joke on my part for some of bants on the pitch during the game.

Nice to see a dignified post by Thurmaston2011. If it's the manager, I have an enormous amount of respect for him as his conduct post-match was superb and I think he would agree that applied viceversa (certainly with the tap moment!). The only part I take exception to was the rough remark when it was clear both sides put in meaty challenges (what I will say is that none of them were what I would call coward tackles), the ref was however very consistent on them and for that I can not criticise him as you knew the boundary of what the ref was allowing. The game is being overplayed as some stormy affair, when really it wasn't...no bookings and no handbags, just plenty of on pitch banter. Equally I wish them a good end to the season (we could do with it) and do you fancy giving us any info on the Coppers side?

I'll get a load of sh**e off our bunch for posting here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thurmaston2011

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 12:07 am

like i've said before, can we just leave it at that no more comment about the game? I personally have gone past caring and us at Thurmaston are just happy to get our first point.

And Driver666 is our manager, he's just not very technically advanced and grammar isn't his strong point. I'm the left-back from Sunday and his son, which is a main part to me getting into the squad Laughing

The Cops are a decent team tbh, like to be very physical and all are quiet aged around 30ish. They're one off the more rough teams we've played! but lack in pace at the back, not to be disrespectful toward them but what they lack in skill make up for in the roughness and willingness not to back out of a tackle. If my memory serves me correct they also have a decent striker upfront.

wish you all the best and do the Alliance League well.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 9:42 am

Capello wrote:
Went down at half 8 because some of our lads work sunday mornings and leave early for football so if it was not playable obviously they would of stayed at work. Now you are being very daft, you were all over us, we only had one chance on target, you would of beaten us if the peno went in.....Them three statements are a joke. One shot on target? one goal dissallowed, crossbar hit twice, jake wain missing at least three chances from around the penalty area and hanging his head in shame that he didnt bag an hatrick against you. All over us last 20? You had your moments pradominantley when your lads were diving all over the place and lumping it in the box all of which were headed away by scott johnson time and time again he was getting bored winning everything. Finally your post was a joke. . Well done on beating us at your place though!

Just to confirm hitting the crossbar is missing the target IMHO cheers
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

Widds wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Hspartan wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
driver666 wrote:

I agree Jenko and would also suggest its a risky game to play, picking on another forum members grammar. I have seen two mistakes in the response to driver666...but i won't draw attention to it because i am sure i make the odd mistake.... study

Attenshun has bean drawnn, enyway dint most agree wee wunt point out spalling faults on hear, its borin, not got time too chek all the time, + with intro of fone talc & tects, folk dont bovva about it, in a fun capacity, but just had to laugh at the handbags comment, tork about pot kettle and black. santa rendeer santa rendeer come on Thusmostan hurry up & get that fust win, i four 1 carnt w8.... santa
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 10:35 am

You'll have to excuse H, he has his own dictionary.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

I sure do.Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Kama+Sutra+%25281996%2529
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 11:32 am

I was referring to Hspartan, not you Hellboy.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

In that case, i hpoe you enjoy looking at the karma sutra cover.

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

A bit risque for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 18 December   Banter -  18 December - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 18 December
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next