Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Wednesday Night Football - 14 December

Go down 
+30
funtime frankie
Sparta3
BigTimeCharlie
Giggsisgod
dezza
topgun
huncote no:2
Beckenbauer
BULLIT
bob stains
Capello
Mr Anderson
Katie G
Animal
The Sage
Aussie Owl
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Whistle Blower
Jenko
Widds
Paulo
rocket ledge
Hellboy
sean callaghan
Polska legend II
greeeedy
Pete Mourinho
Spy
Skeems
Gordon
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Were some removed didn't notice?

Yeah mine and Widds', we were having a bit of a laugh, but nothing to warrant post removals.

I thought some were removed, didn't think any were offensive or anything...Can't remember what they were, but I am sure he'llboys were bloody witty! Shame to lose them!

Dead right none of them were offensive, just good banter like what we are encouraged to do, to keep the forum alive, but obviously somebody decided that they would rather see the forum be boring and stale.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

Hellboy wrote:
At least if the team folded, someone could set up a new team and call themselves cleansing services 2.

i think you will find that SAFFRON LOUNGE BAR are not made up of cleansing service players, i believe a few of those players play for dme,
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
At least if the team folded, someone could set up a new team and call themselves cleansing services 2.

i think you will find that SAFFRON LOUNGE BAR are not made up of cleansing service players, i believe a few of those players play for dme,

Tommy, dont think i have hammered Saff Lounge at all. I actually said to Dezza i was pleased with the result. My point on the WNF is that it may hamper getting teams in to play if they are worried that opposition can draft players in. Just a general point that i dont think players should be able to sign on for different clubs in different leagues, however, you guys have done nothing outside the rules, and if i was in your position i would have done exactly the same...but i still dont think it should be allowed...not hammering Saff Lounge, i actually like you boys, in honesty, just saying i think it would be better if there was a way of stopping clubs doing it in general...nothing personal mate, like i say, i would have done the same if it meant increasing the chances of winning.

And also, i hope you boys dont fold...now behave and stop thinking i have something against Saff Lounge... I love you
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 4:48 pm

Just had a look back at this thread Tommy and i cant see anything i have said negative about Saff Lounge lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 5:27 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Were some removed didn't notice?

Yeah mine and Widds', we were having a bit of a laugh, but nothing to warrant post removals.

I thought some were removed, didn't think any were offensive or anything...Can't remember what they were, but I am sure he'llboys were bloody witty! Shame to lose them!

Dead right none of them were offensive, just good banter like what we are encouraged to do, to keep the forum alive, but obviously somebody decided that they would rather see the forum be boring and stale.

never!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

this thread coud run until the next wednesday nite football!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 8:10 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Think this debate could be the downfall of WNF. NRI lost to Reem, which I know that if they had played on a Sunday it would of been a different result. Bulls Head would of never got that team out against Magna had it been on a Sunday morning and now this Saffron Lounge Match.. Why would teams want to play a stronger side then they would on a Sunday morning and possibly lose valuable points?

why would NRI have necessarily beaten Reem Team on a Sunday? Think Reem Team use the same set of players each game?

We wouldnt necessarily beat them, they are a very good team, but i am led to believe by a very reliable source that they had two Aylestone Park lads turn out for them that dont normally...that said, i was bloody dire and would have conceded six against a Steven Hawkins select eleven that day!!

Maybe to prevent this problem, players have to play for 50% or 60% of their clubs games to qualify for WNF? Thats easy to administer and would stop any future problems? And if teams struggle to tget a squad of 14 turn up each week then dont apply for WNF? Just a suggestion......

you lost on a wednesday after you applied to play, we the saff lounge did not apply to play on a wednesday night, you could actually go as far to say that we were blackmailed into playing on the wednesday, hope that clears that 1 up
It's a shame that because Magna have applied to play each time it's been offered yet have never been given a game. We only played Huncote 3 days before this game which easily could have been scheduled for the Wednesday if Saff had not applied. I think my lads would love to play on a Wednesday if given the opportunity!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 11:06 pm

huncote no:2 wrote:
End of the day, we lost to a good team regardless of who's playing for whoever, no illegal players all signed on.

We certainly didn't get any of the decisions from the officials either, e.g. lots in the crowd telling me that the 3rd goal was a mlie off side but still not sure we would have won....they put out a good team and got the result they deserved.

Time to look forward to the next game and a few beer over xmas

totally agree with the above.
if a side can get better players to play weds nights and its all within the rules then fair play to them and which team wouldnt??? every team would in my opinion have tom hill playing for them in a weds night game if he was signed on for them and only available then. simply because the fact he is different class makes it an even more no brainer.
totally within the rules and a good advertisment for weds night football even more so with the calibre of players such as lee barrett and tom hill playing. it will probably put even more faces on the terraces knowing this calibre of player is playing. well thats my honest opinion anyway
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 11:28 pm

signing on a lad tomorrow from leicester prem side to give us cover on the bench as we are missing two key players and one striker struggling with injury.
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 1:58 am

If you can get the players signed on to play a few games when struggling/need a win then obviously any team would. Not a problem. Fair play to Saff Lounge on that front. I was just putting forth the argument that teams going for the title may not bother with WNF as they 'MAY' be playing against a team arguably stronger then that club may put out on a Sunday. Nevertheless, I still think WNF football is a good addition to the Alliance League and many teams will no doubt continue to apply.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 7:21 am

Also helps come the end of the season with fixture congestion
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

MT Sec wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Think this debate could be the downfall of WNF. NRI lost to Reem, which I know that if they had played on a Sunday it would of been a different result. Bulls Head would of never got that team out against Magna had it been on a Sunday morning and now this Saffron Lounge Match.. Why would teams want to play a stronger side then they would on a Sunday morning and possibly lose valuable points?

why would NRI have necessarily beaten Reem Team on a Sunday? Think Reem Team use the same set of players each game?

We wouldnt necessarily beat them, they are a very good team, but i am led to believe by a very reliable source that they had two Aylestone Park lads turn out for them that dont normally...that said, i was bloody dire and would have conceded six against a Steven Hawkins select eleven that day!!

Maybe to prevent this problem, players have to play for 50% or 60% of their clubs games to qualify for WNF? Thats easy to administer and would stop any future problems? And if teams struggle to tget a squad of 14 turn up each week then dont apply for WNF? Just a suggestion......

you lost on a wednesday after you applied to play, we the saff lounge did not apply to play on a wednesday night, you could actually go as far to say that we were blackmailed into playing on the wednesday, hope that clears that 1 up
It's a shame that because Magna have applied to play each time it's been offered yet have never been given a game. We only played Huncote 3 days before this game which easily could have been scheduled for the Wednesday if Saff had not applied. I think my lads would love to play on a Wednesday if given the opportunity!!

Iv'e never heard of anyone applying for blackmail before.
Seems a shame that people who really do want to play WNF... didn't get the chance, and people that did get the chance are doing nothing but moan about it.
It all seems very arse-upwards to me, it just goes to show how some people will abuse certain situations, for their own greed.
There's teams out there that would love to be able to play under floodlights, but oh no like everything else, once you've got it you dont want it, there's no pleasing some people.
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

rocket ledge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

yes can confirm atleast half of old clensing players play for dme, we are the crap half thou lol
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 10:09 am

Aylestone Park cannot accommodate WNF in January or February.

The position will be reviewed at the Alliance management meeting on January 5th.

Any views?
Back to top Go down
BULLIT

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 10:11 am

Dme would love a WNF game. would love to see the lads sober for once Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

BULLIT wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

yes can confirm atleast half of old clensing players play for dme, we are the crap half thou lol

The same old, same old faces doing the rounds, not necessarily playing for the same team, the name of the team might change, but its the same old, same old......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:48 am

Aussie Owl wrote:

The position will be reviewed at the Alliance management meeting on January 5th.

Any views?

Plenty of other places to research.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:49 am

BULLIT wrote:
Dme would love a WNF game. would love to see the lads sober for once Very Happy

Thats what their wife and kids say.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Also helps come the end of the season with fixture congestion

I know the games start earlier in the summer, but all people do is moan about playing Weds & Fri then......if you cant take an extra hour off work for a game of footy, you've got a problem....blah blah blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

It's a shame that because Magna have applied to play each time it's been offered yet have never been given a game. We only played Huncote 3 days before this game which easily could have been scheduled for the Wednesday if Saff had not applied. I think my lads would love to play on a Wednesday if given the opportunity!![/quote]

i think i have said it already, WE DID NOT APPLY

i hope now you can grasp what has been typed

widds im sorry lad just a bit wound up, i think it was our 1st full bench this season and 2 of those on the bench hadnt played for us for about 2 months
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

So you were forced in to it, blackmailed, instead of saying a simple no?

how strange.
Back to top Go down
Mr Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:

Any views?

I agree with Helly, maybe in this period the WNF matches can be held at a different ground if there's a decent and affordable alternative?

The WNF show must continue for sure. I'm a big fan of it and think it gives teams/players a great opportunity to play at grounds where they may never get the chance to otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

Yes its nice for all levels to get the opportunity, not just the showboaters.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:

big time charlie can i just clarify the only player to have played against magna on the weds night who wouldnt be there every week on sundays was ash day not one other person. if you still choose not to believe that just ask kev from magna he knows nearly all of us.

glen chambers (played every week)
pea head (played every week)
ricky ludlam (played every week)
scott berdett (played every week)
danny martin (played every week)
tommy coton (played every week)
pearson (played every week till he was signed and contracted)
robbie johnson (played every week)
ash day (wasnt interested in sundays much as plays with his mates for the addi's and we knew this) best ive seen him play to be fair
mobbsy (played every week)
kyle avosa (played every week)
ebony asante (played every week) came on as sub and was the difference
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 3:35 pm

Hellboy wrote:
So you were forced in to it, blackmailed, instead of saying a simple no?

how strange.

fact is we could not say no, otherwise we would have had to play on the 18th, which would have meant fines to the club as we could not field a team on the 18th
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 4:13 pm

Maybe i could make a little observation, if you're struggling to get a team Sunday mornings, maybe you shouldn't be in the Alliance Sunday league. perhaps you would be more suited to play on a different day of the week.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Maybe i could make a little observation, if you're struggling to get a team Sunday mornings, maybe you shouldn't be in the Alliance Sunday league. perhaps you would be more suited to play on a different day of the week.

id sign on the dotted line if you were a manager helly Laughing
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

Hellboy wrote:

xmas parties and so on
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 5:45 pm

Helly! What rocket ledge is trying to say is we had requested sunday 18th as a free date as it was the clubs xmas party the night before also the saturday's side and we were informed that we could only get the sunday if we played the weds night! So we were not really blackmailed but the league asked us to make a compromise with them which we gladly did as it suited us and and the league to ensure we completed a fixture.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011, 5:58 pm

replay it Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 2:22 pm

dezza wrote:
Helly! What rocket ledge is trying to say is we had requested sunday 18th as a free date as it was the clubs xmas party the night before also the saturday's side and we were informed that we could only get the sunday if we played the weds night! So we were not really blackmailed but the league asked us to make a compromise with them which we gladly did as it suited us and and the league to ensure we completed a fixture.

Fair enough Dezza, thats definitely a better explanation.

BLACKMAILED!!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 6:49 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Laughing

Do you think your mate Pearson looks just like Ramires, the one who plays for Chelsea?

Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 T_ramires_nascimento_ramires_santos_do_nascimento-2183182
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 9:03 pm

oh god are saff signing up the pros now lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Night Football - 14 December   Wednesday Night Football - 14 December - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Night Football - 14 December
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6