Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

This Sunday

Go down 
+19
wheel1
gazfox9
Declan Swan
Coley21
Dodgy
Potts
shawry1984
Aussie Owl
Mivan are going up
greeeedy
BEES KNEES
Stroller
spartamoshdock
Widds
Pete Mourinho
Hellboy
Skeems
Jimmyb
Polska legend II
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

This Sunday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

Why do people razorblade their own bodies, selfharming is rife in this country too, people swallow needles to try and harm themselves and much worse, but ive heard of a person that does this, was abused as a child, and i use the word abuse very lightly, my best mates life has been ruined by drugs, he's one of the brainiest kids i know, and he wouldn't hurt a fly, but he started off with the occasional joint, now hes totally hooked, lost all his teeth, has paranoid delusions about everything, in his 30's he looked like an old man, his skin was all weathered he cant work now, never leaves his house, when i see other folk having the odd smoke, i wish i could take them to see him and tell them to quit, if only you could shake some sense in to these people, but you cant they have to want to help themselves, and if they dont its very hard sitting back watching them ruin their lives. You think you're in control...YOU ARE NOT.

One life!!!dont ###k it up!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wheel1

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

Gary speed legend simples but in my opinion I don't think we should have a minutes silence like people have already said on here can't remember having a silence for bobby Robson etc. There are more deserving people of a minutes silence in my eyes there are soldiers coming back in a box on a regular basis but no one gives them a thought!!!! Just my opinion some might agree some not.
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 6:47 pm

gazfox9 wrote:
I'd have to say, I'd find it rather uncomfortable giving a minutes applause to a man who 'decided' to leave a wife and two children fatherless.
He obviously had issues, of which none of us know of, but at the moment I'm at a loss to think of what his children must be going through at this time.
It certainly seems I'm in the minority on this, but its just the way I feel.

I feel I have some kind of knowledge is this area, but wont profess to being any kind of an expert and don’t usual like to comment on such a subject, I’m not overly sensitive about it, but I feel too many people cast aspirations which is far too easy to do looking form the outside in, but from experience, I wouldn’t say anybody decides to leave any family behind. They chose to escape demons they have going on.

Some people suggest it’s a cowards way out to end your own life, and I can see the argument for that, but people who have never been at that point can’t comment. Imagine how desperate you must be to be able to pull that chair away, or throw yourself of a building.

Im sure his family will always have question as to why he did what he did, I think they will always want to know, in the end they will find their own ways of dealing with it. But for now, I’m sure its just as important to them that they remember their husband / dad / brother for the man he was, and everything he achieved.
Back to top Go down
Linkin Ji Sung Park

Linkin Ji Sung Park

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

Absolutely spot on Calamity, couldn't agree more - far too easy for people to pass comment on something they know little about or have no experience of. People judge others in the blink of an eye in our very much, narrow minded society.
Yourself and Spartamoshdock seem to have spoken the few bits of sense on this very sensitive topic.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

Linkin Ji Sung Park wrote:
Absolutely spot on Calamity, couldn't agree more - far too easy for people to pass comment on something they know little about or have no experience of. People judge others in the blink of an eye in our very much, narrow minded society.
Yourself and Spartamoshdock seem to have spoken the few bits of sense on this very sensitive topic.

I think a lot of people have made very valid comments, and although they may not have told people they have intimate knowledge/experience they actually do....

And i think there have been some very well put forward comments and sense by all 'sides'....
Back to top Go down
Linkin Ji Sung Park

Linkin Ji Sung Park

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:29 pm

You have your opinions (which I don't happen to agree with) and I have mine, this forum is all about them - simple as that really.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

greeeedy wrote:
one of my best mates whom i grew up with took his own life. he was on drugs and couldnt find a way or even the will to get help coming off them. he left a father and disabled brother behind whom both doted on him.
it was a sad day to say the least but if there is one question i could ask him it would simply be WHY?
at the time i went over this time and time again in my head and no matter which way i looked at it i could never come to the point where i understood why he had done it even tho i knew the reasons behind it if that makes sense. i will never get why ANYONE would take their own life but thats just me

i take your point greeedy and i would say that the very reason you do think WHY is what most of us would think. but this is also the same reason why these people do such tragic things. if you are of relatively sound mind, you or any of us will NEVER be able to comprehend why on earth anyone could do something like this because the people that do it are just not the same as other people
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
to be fair warnock has never been the brain of britain, has he?

i think people who have criticised him 'leaving his wife and kids behind' miss the point. depression is a mental illness therefore the sufferer is not in the correct frame of mind therefore they are clearly not thinking properly about the causes of their actions because their mind will not function correctly

Fair enough, and if it is depression, then you have to have more compassion, but as we dont know why he committed suicide, i think you have to hold fire on any silences...there is a rumour going around that a newspaper was about to run a report about his private life, wont go into it in more depth, but if the rumour is correct, then its not depression.....

i also heard that
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:56 pm

Hellboy wrote:
The good old trustworthy newspapers hey, you might as well throw his remains to a pack of wolves when they've finished with them, they are the reason a lot of innocent folk have committed suicide in this country, one example Ann Diamond allegedly got accused of murder when her baby died of cot death, people always have difference of opinions, thats what seperates us from animals, i'm sure it wasn't taken lightly, i'm sure it won't help his wife and kids whatever the reason is, especially just before crimbo.

remember the millennium bug? the daily mail was in its element. each week leading up to the big event there would be dozens of scare stories. cash machines spewing out money. tills going haywire. aeroplanes falling out of the sky. nuclear weapons going off. and why? because a computer could not count to 2000!

biggest load of tripe I ever read, and the 'IT compliant' consultants made millions out of it.

never again did I believe anything I ever read in a paper
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:58 pm

wheel1 wrote:
Gary speed legend simples but in my opinion I don't think we should have a minutes silence like people have already said on here can't remember having a silence for bobby Robson etc. There are more deserving people of a minutes silence in my eyes there are soldiers coming back in a box on a regular basis but no one gives them a thought!!!! Just my opinion some might agree some not.

i don't think its correct that no one gives the dead soldiers a second thought, on the contrary I think right now they are the most respected people in this country, as is the job they do
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
gazfox9 wrote:
I'd have to say, I'd find it rather uncomfortable giving a minutes applause to a man who 'decided' to leave a wife and two children fatherless.
He obviously had issues, of which none of us know of, but at the moment I'm at a loss to think of what his children must be going through at this time.
It certainly seems I'm in the minority on this, but its just the way I feel.

I feel I have some kind of knowledge is this area, but wont profess to being any kind of an expert and don’t usual like to comment on such a subject, I’m not overly sensitive about it, but I feel too many people cast aspirations which is far too easy to do looking form the outside in, but from experience, I wouldn’t say anybody decides to leave any family behind. They chose to escape demons they have going on.

Some people suggest it’s a cowards way out to end your own life, and I can see the argument for that, but people who have never been at that point can’t comment. Imagine how desperate you must be to be able to pull that chair away, or throw yourself of a building.

Im sure his family will always have question as to why he did what he did, I think they will always want to know, in the end they will find their own ways of dealing with it. But for now, I’m sure its just as important to them that they remember their husband / dad / brother for the man he was, and everything he achieved.

good point, very good indeed. some people are so troubled by their demons that ending it is their only way of being at peace with themselves and the world
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

You have your opinions (which I don't happen to agree with) and I have mine, this forum is all about them - simple as that really.

Agree with the above....just wanted to put my opinion that it wasn't only one side of the discussion which spoke 'sense'.

But as you say bud, all about opinions, personally, i respect all the opinions that have been put forward on this topic, because so far, everyone has justified their opinon and/or made their arguement in a mature way.....much like Stroller said - there is a first for everything!

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 7:34 pm

i think it's a strong topic thats why
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 8:22 am

Widds wrote:

Agree with the above....just wanted to put my opinion that it wasn't only one side of the discussion which spoke 'sense'.

But as you say bud, all about opinions, personally, i respect all the opinions that have been put forward on this topic, because so far, everyone has justified their opinon and/or made their arguement in a mature way.....much like Stroller said - there is a first for everything!

king
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 9:52 am

We seem to be looking to find reasons for and against, however, we do all share the common love of football, and maybe as a fellow footballer, whats the harm in doing a minutes silence?
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 10:06 am

My issue is how much of a regular occurrance it could become and therefore with each passing silence the impact/meaning begins to be lost.

The minutes silence on Remembrance Sunday is a powerful thing as it is a distinguishable occurance from any other Sunday morning kickabout and IMO should remain a unique annual mark of respect.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 10:44 am

Good point, this is what i'm saying, there could be so many differences of opinion, i suppose at the end of the day it'll be down to the teams playing, and how they discuss it before the game, and act upon it accordingly, after all nobody knew him personally, and its not going to make any difference to the poor bloke now.

it's always a shock to hear of things like this, when you're in the public eye, you sort of feel you know that person, even when you dont know anything about their personal lives.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

Agree with you boys there.

One thing i would be surprised about is if it is actually depression, because (and this is from seeing it with someone close to me) true depression (the kind that makes getting out of bed seem the hardest thing, tears your life apart and everything is a burden and where you genuinely cant see light at the end of the tunnel) is almost impossible to hide from someone you live with....

Which leads to the question, why did he commit suicide, and until thats known, i think its shaky ground to have a silence...
Back to top Go down
Linkin Ji Sung Park

Linkin Ji Sung Park

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 2:20 pm

Hellboy wrote:
We seem to be looking to find reasons for and against, however, we do all share the common love of football, and maybe as a fellow footballer, whats the harm in doing a minutes silence?

Very much agree with the above. A footballer has died, who during his career/life has given an inordinate amount to the game we all love and are so passionate about. Surely this is reason enough to pay our respects to him and his family. I think it should but don't know whether it will, transcend all the way down to our level of the game.
The fact that all the games that have already had the opportunity to have a minutes silence/applause have done so, says an awful lot in my opinion. In time, am sure that much more detail will come out and people with discuss it in much more depth. A minutes silence shortly after a death shows compassion and respect for, as i said before, someone who has given everything to football. A minutes silence months down the line after lies, rumours and enquiries won't mean much, if anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

very true. tributes like a minutes silence are also becoming very common now, barely a month goes by without seeing one organised and I think it is a fitting way to pay respect and does not diminish from things like rememberance sunday
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 11:09 am

Who has the answer, can someone solve this conundrum...da da...da da...da da da da... doooooo.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

i'll be asking Mr Walker if we can have a minutes silence
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 12:50 pm

I dont believe how anyone would have to even think about doing it, i myself, after just watching a tribute to him on TV, would find it hard not to do it, after all whats a minute of your time. Its not much to do when all said and done, the worlds already a horrible place as things stand, a small gesture like this costs nothing but speaks volumes.

This Sunday - Page 2 SPEED
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:54 am

Out of interest, which teams observed a minutes silence? Be interested to know. No team at Uplands had one
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

Not us

We just had to do the champions league style shaking of hands Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

Eeeer...i bet they'd all been handling their tackle seconds before, thats why your hands smell of pork scratchings.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

ironically after all that, I was too preoccupied by removing - at the referee's request - yet another 'dog mess' that once again wasn't there when I put the nets up - just seconds before kick off. whilst my council tax is spent on street lighting and the likes, the council sure don't spend it on good old fashioned park wardens any more. disgusting!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 1:56 pm

It only takes a "minute" for a brown squidge to pop out, and for the owner to turn a blind eye, even if they look the other way, you can always smell it down wind. Scum of the earth, they shouldnt be allowed to keep an animal, no excuses. Follow them home and shove it through their letterbox, or spread it on the car windscreen, or throw it at the windows, either way give them some sh#t back.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

would love to if it wasn't a minute before kick off!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 3:17 pm

sure it wasnt a player who dunnit? I know what you polaks are like!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

that's only after the alcohol! although 6 of us went to Villa Park on Saturday night and 3 never made it through the turnstiles (they were ejected for various reasons!)
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

Haha spot on....

Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

It was great watching you picking it up with your tissue. .. Luxuries of brighton avenue aye
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

tissue and a surgical vinyl glove! that's 3 home games already we shall be writing in and asking for a discount...
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

Even though our referee didnt turn up in sunny old Burton on The Wolds, we still did a minutes applause in respect of Gary Speed, doesnt hurt to show a little respect....
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

Who reffed it?
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:04 pm

One of their lads did it, the ref who didnt turn up apparently was at the hospital with family health problem
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 10:56 am

Duane wrote:
Even though our referee didnt turn up in sunny old Burton on The Wolds, we still did a minutes applause in respect of Gary Speed, doesnt hurt to show a little respect....

nice one Duane.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

apparently story is going to break that speed was having extra maritals with a bloke....that's from someone in the welsh fa. Still sad he felt that was his only option if true, but I think that if it is true, my opinion is that leaving your wife and kids behind because u had an affair is very different to having severe depression....just an opinion
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

Widds wrote:
apparently story is going to break that speed was having extra maritals with a bloke....that's from someone in the welsh fa. Still sad he felt that was his only option if true, but I think that if it is true, my opinion is that leaving your wife and kids behind because u had an affair is very different to having severe depression....just an opinion

there were rumours in the net when he was at bolton of him being a fudge packer but nobody believed it then... All of a sudden he pops his cloggs and its because he was shagging gareth thomas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Sunday   This Sunday - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Sunday
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next