Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 18 September

Go down 
+43
Bucko
reffinghell
Sparta3
Polska legend II
tobester29
Reem Team FC
Hellboy
RM05
Paulo
ShaNiO
Joey Barton
timmy mallet
bretty1
man in black
oily
Mivan are going up
carl211
Number1
Jim royle
Skeems
hotshot66
The Wh33l
whiteeagles
greeeedy
wheel1
Katie G
Giggsisgod
Pete Mourinho
browny15lfc
dezza
lingers
THE MAGICIAN
Snash
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jwithers
gattuso
Throop Boss
L.K.F.C
Hairy Hebrew!
Joey-Gattuso
josh harris st marks
Jimmyb
Gordon
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
carl211

carl211

Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

only went to watch killworth endid up argueing with old managere as he still a tablet munching little babie com on brownie grow up chunk
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

My mistake and I'm the one that moaned first ha, just had wheel stuck in my head after our 7-1 last week Wink
Back to top Go down
The Wh33l

The Wh33l

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

Number1 wrote:
My mistake and I'm the one that moaned first ha, just had wheel stuck in my head after our 7-1 last week Wink

haha! was it 7!!? i stopped counting at 5 as it was getting boring Sleep
Back to top Go down
Number1

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Yeah think it was lol, or am I wrong sure it was 0-0 at half time might have got wires crossed again Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Wh33l

The Wh33l

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

Number1 wrote:
Yeah think it was lol, or am I wrong sure it was 0-0 at half time might have got wires crossed again Laughing

no i think your wires are correct this time!

we only remember up till halftime and the 0-0 so were happy with that, cant remember second half as its been erased from memory Smile
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

AFC Sporting 4 mivan 4

I have no idea how we didnt come away with 3 points today. Only 11 of us.. and wanted the game more than them. We went one nil up but AFC quickly replied against the run of play, but we were gifted a goal when their lad passed the ball back to the keeper from 30 yards.. only to find out the keeper wasnt in his goal because he gave him the ball from a free kick on the far right hand side!

In the second half another gift! the ball went though to the keeper with our lad chasing him down, he hit it straight into out lad and it looped over him into the net! Rewards for hard work! Our legs got heavier after this and with 15 min left it was 3-3 after several let offs. Rav Dhillon then scored a beauty on the half volley. AFC sporting pushed hard and with 4 min added on, literally the last kick of the game there lad out it in after a shot deflected off the post. Felt like a loss in the end but we were written off before this match and somehow didnt win it.

AFC sporting a good set of lads, however i think they picked up about 5 yellows with one of their lads being shown a red AFTER the full time whistlem didnt know when to leave it sometimes.

Onwards and upwards for mivan though.. write us off at your peril!
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

Webbys 4 trinderbox 0.

Trinderbox were struggling for players today but still got our first win of the season
after 4 attempts.
Hope they continue for the season as i know how they feel with people letting
the manager down as we were in the same boat a few weeks back.
Goals from ketan towers(2) martin smith and danny hull.
Finally getting a squad together at last to at least compete and looks like
we will be transfering a few of our old players back to bolster us for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

Pleasure to see the webbys lot as ever, Oily threw a football at my head whilst Joe, Mary and Oily all decided to throw fat jokes my way Wink

Always a pleasure and I'm sure you'll do well mate this season
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Niffy Rangers 2-3 Magna 73 Rangers

We played quite well today except the front 3 couldn't score in a brothel today!!!

Very relieved to win. Well played to Niffy, well reffed by Clive and the game was played in right spirit.

great game to ref,,,,physical at times some good football some not so good,,,one handbags moment that diffused itself,,,,,

pleasure to be part of it

Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

Quote :
great game to ref,,,,physical at times some good football some not so good,,,one handbags moment that diffused itself,,,,,

pleasure to be part of it

You'll always get a fair game from an Ogdenless Magna!!!

When you say not so good, I hope you mean the opposition as I generally felt we played quite well today, cut them open so many times but like I said to you after the game, I genuinely felt we were going to lose when we went 2-1 down having dominated for so long.

Free week for us next week, I think I'll return to Horsewell Lane to give Ogden abuse and watch Advance against Frolesworth

Then Loughborough Falcons in the county cup and then Ogden comes back on 9th October with Advance!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:38 pm

not so good in the final third like you said,,,made hard work of the win at times,,thought penalty was spot on hands in air at neck level,, Smile
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

Absolutely Clive, but what I meant was that some refs (thankfully not you) would prob not have given it. What can I say about us in the final third?? We were like it against Perrin last week as well, we need to improve sharpish as against the Advances and Bullies of this world when you get an opportunity you need to take it.

They have the ability, Bomma scored 41 goals for us a couple of seasons ago, Browny and Cartwright both have potential to hit 20 goals each this season as well, so the ability is there, no doubt

Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:30 am

[quote="Magna 73 Sec"]Absolutely Clive, but what I meant was that some refs (thankfully not you) would prob not have given it. What can I say about us in the final third?? We were like it against Perrin last week as well, we need to improve sharpish as against the Advances and Bullies of this world when you get an opportunity you need to take it.

They have the ability, Bomma scored 41 goals for us a couple of seasons ago, Browny and Cartwright both have potential to hit 20 goals each this season as well, so the ability is there, no doubt

not many refs would have gave a penalty,why?because it wasnt. stupid decision. fair play 2 u lads,it was a good game,we should have hurt u early doors but as the game went on we showed why no trainin and a ciggie at half time isnt probably the best. no complaints of magna,played in good spirit and fairly. you may like mr bruce as a ref i reserve judgement lets say
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:42 am

Huncote Sec wrote:
Giggsisgod wrote:
Got to agree huncote did the damage in a poor first half for a depleted saff,also huncote good bunch of lads and wish them the best for the rest of the season one thing I must add though is Mark brennans goal has got to be goal of the season considering he was stood on the line with his clothes on all game lol

Ok to clear this up " the Brennan's"

Wayne played in goal
His brother Jamie not signed on watched in his jeans! (this is who you thought was Mark I guess)
Mark not related played up top and scored the first
Shaun & Craig: Mark's brother not signed (yet) play St Pats Saturdays

Too many Brennan's don't know what do with them Laughing
randomly also dave brennan at mdh who is yet to come out of the closet
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 2:53 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Niffy Rangers 2-3 Magna 73 Rangers

We played quite well today except the front 3 couldn't score in a brothel today!!!

We dominated up until the final third and then precided to miss chance after chance after chance..........none really clear cut though

Bomma scored a peno when there defender handled in the area, potentially ball to hand rather than the other way round and Bomma scored the peno although the keeper nearly saved it.

Then we had a 2nd disallowed for offside, Browny missed a header from 3 yards out, we had number a number of half chances which we scuffed at or the final pass just eluded us.

Then Jenko left his near post open for a 25 yarder right at the start of the 2nd half Wink

Then the same, we dominated possesion but failed to finish and then they made it 2-1, they had had 2 shots and scored both whilst we had had about 20 with only about 5 on target.

Finally we got it together, Tom Cartwright made it 2-2 and then Browny scored a quality goal with 5 minutes to go.

Very relieved to win. Well played to Niffy, well reffed by Clive and the game was played in right spirit.

yeah its a funny old game kev aint it. just when you think your getting the hang of it bang you lose unexpectedly or get a bad rub of the green or somet and it can really cost you. thankfully for you boys you pulled it out the bag tho Wink
also just a quick un i havent heard you mention little lee tyres yet this season is he still with you?
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 8:16 am

Desford 2 - 4 Superfly.

I'll be honest, On Saturday i feared our game wouldn't go ahead as i was struggling to get bare 11. With 3 new signings and 2 injured players we had 14 in the end.

First half I have never seen the lads play so much good football, there were times we'd managed to string over 20 consecutive passes together.
We were 4 – 0 up at half time, then the knocks kicked in. We had to reshuffle and gave away a soft penalty.
Desford kept fighting second half bringing it back to 4-2.

Got to add the Ref Sam Anderson was outstanding, Very consistent and didn’t get a decision wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 8:56 am

josh harris st marks wrote:
ino it was 3 nil to st marks at half time dnt no the full score cnt wait to c wat azzul put on here but sure there will be sum kind of excuse oh we won 5.3 thats 4 out of 4 brilliant

no excuses :/ we were poor first half which cost us but much better second, same every week.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 8:58 am

Jwithers wrote:
Just like to say burden my canoes done the talking even tho I turned up drunk and had adam on my back the whole game every time I knocked it round he ild be giving him a piggy back.... Good goal from shane tho and a good game all round good luck to azul..... And hopefully all other teams who said we aint yet been tested take a good look at the result

cheers pal, dunno why it says you scored 2 tho :s you only got 1???
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:02 am

oily wrote:
Webbys 4 trinderbox 0.

Trinderbox were struggling for players today but still got our first win of the season
after 4 attempts.
Hope they continue for the season as i know how they feel with people letting
the manager down as we were in the same boat a few weeks back.
Goals from ketan towers(2) martin smith and danny hull.
Finally getting a squad together at last to at least compete and looks like
we will be transfering a few of our old players back to bolster us for the rest of the season.

Who you after back Oily?? Busy in the transfer market!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:08 am

Joey Barton wrote:
Desford 2 - 4 Superfly.

I'll be honest, On Saturday i feared our game wouldn't go ahead as i was struggling to get bare 11. With 3 new signings and 2 injured players we had 14 in the end.

First half I have never seen the lads play so much good football, there were times we'd managed to string over 20 consecutive passes together.
We were 4 – 0 up at half time, then the knocks kicked in. We had to reshuffle and gave away a soft penalty.

Got to add the Ref Sam Anderson was outstanding, Very consistent and didn’t get a decision wrong.
And my brother didn't do too badly for you getting a hattrick I hear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:08 am

greeeedy wrote:
just looking at some of the results

star & garter are on absolute fire could be in for a very good season and i for one am not looking forward to playing them in our artur moore group.

also a mention for glenny town they seem to be really giving it a go this season and have had some decent if not spectacular results..... fair play to them

and last but not least magna town/nri and huncote also look to have a very very realistic chance of silverware in division 3 this season after a few impressive results well done lads

cheers mate appreciate the comments, my boys did really well and kept playing football despite the man advantage, just hope aylestone see out the season, they have some good players but what can u do if only 10 turn up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

Wigston Utd 4 - Polska - 0

good solid performance from Wigston this week.... its about time too. I think in fairness we dominated first half all over the pitch, we dropped off a little 2nd half and allowed Polska time on the ball and they used it well but to no avail. Got to say Polska a good set of lads and never gave up and though the score looks flattering I don't think many people will do to them what we did yesterday this year, they are good and a solid team.

Good luck to Polska for the rest of the season see you at our place.

Lets hope this kicks off our season too!
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:31 am

MT Sec wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Desford 2 - 4 Superfly.

And my brother didn't do too badly for you getting a hattrick I hear Very Happy

He did indeed, he had a very good half.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:51 am

Quote :
yeah its a funny old game kev aint it. just when you think your getting the hang of it bang you lose unexpectedly or get a bad rub of the green or somet and it can really cost you. thankfully for you boys you pulled it out the bag tho
also just a quick un i havent heard you mention little lee tyres yet this season is he still with you?

Yes Greeedy, Lee is still with us and has played all the games so far, still an exceptional footballer

In regards comments to Clive, I have a bit of history with Clive so its nice to suck up to him now and again!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

RM05 wrote:

good solid performance from Wigston this week.... its about time too. I think in fairness we dominated first half all over the pitch, we dropped off a little 2nd half and allowed Polska time on the ball and they used it well but to no avail. Got to say Polska a good set of lads and never gave up and though the score looks flattering I don't think many people will do to them what we did yesterday this year, they are good and a solid team.

Did ya score Rye?
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

Hellboy wrote:
RM05 wrote:

Did ya score Rye?

never near enough Helly! too busy defending and getting my breath back....
Back to top Go down
Reem Team FC

Reem Team FC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH Knights 2
Reem Team 3

God knows what's happening with us right now. Good competitive game for the first 35 mins at which point Reem went down to 10 men (don't think the lad meant it but I can't see any complaints with the straight red it wasn't a pretty tackle) at that point we were in the ascendency. 0-0 at half time and the second half started the same and we were rewarded with 2 goals. Then we self destruct again! Fair play to reem they kept going but this is a game we had won and with a load of stupid bickering we threw it away!

Have to admit that we were very lucky yesterday to get the result and was well grafted out by our lads!

After about 60 minutes when we got shipping the ball about and our movement off the ball was as it should be after trying to adapt to the 10 men situation my honest opinion is we could have stuck 5 in.

Have to agree with your bickering comment, but you said it as though our lot were causing the bickering. Some of the MDH lot were pinching on corners etc and little childish things like that, so for that sort of unsporting behaviour to be your own demise i think is just desserts. Such as at the sending off as well, Belly knew he was going but yet about 5 players couldn't wait to wade in and push him and try to beckon the ref to send him... that's not me saying he didn't deserve to go- but the ref didn't need any help with that! That is one of my massive dislikes when opposition players try to get others booked/sent off.

Aside from the silliness we had to deal with was a well battled out game from both sides.
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

Dukla Hillside 5 v 2 Niffy
First win of the season and a welcome one at that. Having most of our squad back made a massive difference, (last week we played with 9men).
We dominated the game from start to finish and shoudl've had a few more, although a few lapses of concentration from us and an error from our keeper and it was closer than it should've and could've been.
If we can keep our full team healthy then we should be able to move up the league.
Tricky game away against DME next!

Ismaila Cisse playing his first game of the year and bagging a hat-trick!
His third goal is goal of the season already (just ask Niffy as even they applauded it!) a 40yard first time rocket of a shot off both posts was some goal!
If he plays he will be top scorer in DIV5, the lad is quality.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 2:21 pm

RM05 wrote:

Cheers mate, nice to read after our drubbing! We turned up stupidly expecting to win the game as we had won 2 from 2 so far, and you hadn't won any of your first 3 games. We won't be making that mistake again! We never got our passing game going, and seemed to think we just had to turn up to win. Your lads never allowed us to settle and you chased everything going, especially in the 1st half. Never allowed us to play. Made some major positional changes for the 2nd half and we at least looked more solid and played with pride, but you thoroughly deserved the win. All the best for the season, and I tried to shake hands with most of your guys at the end even though that defeat hurt like hell!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

LDA 1 - 4 Harrow

Going 3-0 down after half an hour, despite having more of the play, really brought us back down to earth afte rour good start to the season. The manner of the goals was also demoralising, two on the counter and the other was a comedy of errors.

A bit of a moan at half time breathed a bit of life into us but going for it left us very open to yet more counter attacks. We missed a couple of sitters along the way which could have made it interesting had they gone in. We did managed to pull one back but it was never our day.

Disappointing for us overall as we feel we could have done a lot better. Maybe the loss of David Kennedy and Jacob Gregory, plus only having one centre back was too much for us to bare. (excuses, excuses).

Well done to Harrow, I reckon they'll be well up there, as I've said before.
Back to top Go down
reffinghell

reffinghell

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

Reem Team FC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH Knights 2
Reem Team 3

God knows what's happening with us right now. Good competitive game for the first 35 mins at which point Reem went down to 10 men (don't think the lad meant it but I can't see any complaints with the straight red it wasn't a pretty tackle) at that point we were in the ascendency. 0-0 at half time and the second half started the same and we were rewarded with 2 goals. Then we self destruct again! Fair play to reem they kept going but this is a game we had won and with a load of stupid bickering we threw it away!

Have to admit that we were very lucky yesterday to get the result and was well grafted out by our lads!

After about 60 minutes when we got shipping the ball about and our movement off the ball was as it should be after trying to adapt to the 10 men situation my honest opinion is we could have stuck 5 in.

Have to agree with your bickering comment, but you said it as though our lot were causing the bickering. Some of the MDH lot were pinching on corners etc and little childish things like that, so for that sort of unsporting behaviour to be your own demise i think is just desserts. Such as at the sending off as well, Belly knew he was going but yet about 5 players couldn't wait to wade in and push him and try to beckon the ref to send him... that's not me saying he didn't deserve to go- but the ref didn't need any help with that! That is one of my massive dislikes when opposition players try to get others booked/sent off.

Aside from the silliness we had to deal with was a well battled out game from both sides.
After Reffing this game yesterday,i would like to say i thought it was a good very competitive game,it became obvious to me after about 5 minutes that players from both sides may have been planning to spend the game trying to wind each other up,so i adjusted my refereeing to be able to control this.
After the red card tackle it was true a couple of mdh players had their say but i was always going to dismiss the player and in fairness to him he accepted the decision and apologised as he walked off.
A massive plus from this game for me was the contribution both club linesman made,i felt both did the line honestly and accurately,this always makes reffing a game easier.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

Reem Team FC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
MDH Knights 2
Reem Team 3

No no no the bickering was all our own doing and hopefully it'll be the last time it happens. I can deal with losing but I absolutely hate the lads having a go at each other - what's the point in turning up to have a go at your mates and look absolutely stupid doing it?!
The sending off incident I disagree with however - a few lads went straight in to tell him what a cad tackle it was - that kinda thing I expect from mates but no-one was brandishing cards or owt like that - they were talking at the lad who tackled him rather than the ref.
Fair to say you couuld have scored a few more once you got going and our keeper pulled off a couple of good stops but saying that we probably should have put it to bed at 2 nil.
Never mind there's always next week but like you say for the most part it was a good competitive game.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 7:39 pm

Lda 1-4 harrow fc

It wasnt the best game from us but it never was going to be with a few things hanging over us, hard for the lads to get up for it and it showed as lda prob had more of the play in the first half and were unlucky to be 3 down at the break, we the better side in the 2nd half and shud have easily had another 4 or 5 goals but just like last season we didnt take our chances,blasting over from 6 yards 3 times says it all,could have easily been 9-4 at the end, but we have beat 3 tough teams without really getting out of 2nd gear looking forward to the cup games.

All the best Lda for the season
Back to top Go down
topgun

topgun

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

didt have a game so went to watch saffron lounge bar!

4-0 down after 35 mins! right back and bold centre half keep there line but threatens bloke on line saying gonna chin you! sort team out! lol must be there manager! three goals came from down left hand side of lounges team there left back was miles up the pitch and cost them!
will look forward to playing these lads!
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:28 am

carl211 wrote:
only went to watch killworth endid up argueing with old managere as he still a tablet munching little babie com on brownie grow up chunk

Was annoyed that half our team didn't turn up or were pissed... Then you were half cut at breakfast time and holding a pint and trying to wind me up. Followed by a comment on the forum, aimed at annoying me. Me grow up?
Come on Carl
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

harrow hotshot wrote:
Lda 1-4 harrow fc

It wasnt the best game from us but it never was going to be with a few things hanging over us, hard for the lads to get up for it and it showed as lda prob had more of the play in the first half and were unlucky to be 3 down at the break, we the better side in the 2nd half and shud have easily had another 4 or 5 goals but just like last season we didnt take our chances,blasting over from 6 yards 3 times says it all,could have easily been 9-4 at the end, but we have beat 3 tough teams without really getting out of 2nd gear looking forward to the cup games.

All the best Lda for the season

Sounds about right. It's noce to know we were watching/playing the same game!
Back to top Go down
jack b

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

ShaNiO wrote:
Jwithers wrote:
Just like to say burden my canoes done the talking even tho I turned up drunk and had adam on my back the whole game every time I knocked it round he ild be giving him a piggy back.... Good goal from shane tho and a good game all round good luck to azul..... And hopefully all other teams who said we aint yet been tested take a good look at the result

cheers pal, dunno why it says you scored 2 tho :s you only got 1???

thats my goal that he nicked nob head withers
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm

I think you having kenno back for the reverse game will make a big differance mate
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

tobester29 wrote:
Dukla Hillside 5 v 2 Niffy
First win of the season and a welcome one at that. Having most of our squad back made a massive difference, (last week we played with 9men).
We dominated the game from start to finish and shoudl've had a few more, although a few lapses of concentration from us and an error from our keeper and it was closer than it should've and could've been.
If we can keep our full team healthy then we should be able to move up the league.
Tricky game away against DME next!

Ismaila Cisse playing his first game of the year and bagging a hat-trick!
His third goal is goal of the season already (just ask Niffy as even they applauded it!) a 40yard first time rocket of a shot off both posts was some goal!
If he plays he will be top scorer in DIV5, the lad is quality.

I think we definitely approached this game all wrong, spent most of the morning trying to sort out a replacement ref and finding where the pitch was. Half of players were too happy to concentrate on previous results rather playing the team in front of us.

We were definitely over run for large periods of the game, and went in at half time 3-1 down, we then came out in the second half and performed much better and could have been back to 3-3 quick quickly although 2 really poor misses. The Dukla 4th goal was probably the best goal I've seen in Sunday league as mentioned above the ball was hit first time on the turn - hit the far post- in the top corner and hit the net...everyone looked round shocked.

end of the day it was good to see Dukla with a full team and expect them to do well if they keep all the lads together including the lad up top who was pretty awesome.

Good luck for the season.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
I think you having kenno back for the reverse game will make a big differance mate

Definitely. Kenno and Jake have been brilliant for us so far but neither were there Sunday. We only had one centre-back too so I'm hoping next time we play it'll be a little different. Not that I'm making excuses Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 September   Banter for Sunday 18 September - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 18 September
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next