Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Should off-topic posters be banned?

Go down 
+12
Sparta3
super polska
polska legend
spiderman
Lodge
Aussie Owl
Capello
Gifford
Jimmyb
dee_aitcho
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

For how long should off-topic posters be banned?
3 days?
Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_lcap6%Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
7 days?
Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_lcap9%Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
28 days?
Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_lcap43%Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 15 ]
Not at all?
Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_lcap42%Should off-topic posters be banned? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage

Should off-topic posters be banned? Empty
PostSubject: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 7:08 pm

If so, for how long?

Incidentally, off topic posts are normally moved to a private area so that the frequency and identity of the posters can be monitored. Posts are normally deleted, rather than moved, if they are isolated examples.
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 9:44 pm

Can you not remove them from the site?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 10:17 pm

Second that ^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 12:49 pm

how come cant pick for good on vote?
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 3:41 pm

I Think that abusive posters should be banned for at least a month! or there could be a set up where 1st offence - 7 days 2nd offence 14 days and 3rd offence gone for good?

I think there should be allowed to be banter on here but banter is not abuse!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 8:41 pm

dee_aitcho wrote:
Can you not remove them from the site?

We could ban them permanently and we could also ban the ip address which would have the effect of banning all users from that location.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 8:43 pm

Gifford wrote:

Your point is well made and noted but it is too late to add another option to the list because those who have already voted would not be able to vote a second time.
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 10:39 pm

All 11 votes say 28 days!! Interesting
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 12:06 pm

Gifford wrote:

Not at all gets my vote.

Surely everyone would be banned for good, cuz we've all done it, say, whilst talking to a friend on here, or talking to another team member, we all stray off topic a bit now and then.

yes ban the abusive ones, but if you start banning members "for good", just for going off topic this forum will not even exist?
Lifelong bans are for abusive, racist and bullying etc. Even the management have strayed off topics whilst chatting to people.

Oh do behave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 7:32 pm

I think Spiderman has a point, if someone is abusive then they need a warning - yellow card, red card?

When a thread goes slightly off topic, thats not in the same bracket as the above and just adds to the amusement..........
Back to top Go down
polska legend

polska legend

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 2:47 pm

Agreed, if people didn't wander off a little, you would only have topics on here with 1 or 2 replies and that would be it, it would be very un-interesting and eventually would die a death.
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 2:04 pm

polska legend wrote:
Agreed, if people didn't wander off a little, you would only have topics on here with 1 or 2 replies and that would be it, it would be very un-interesting and eventually would die a death.

I said this ages ago..... it would just kill the forum.

I still find it hard to believe how touchy people are on here. People used to have a sense of humour on here.

It's only a sunday football forum. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 2:27 pm

Much agreed with the sentiment on here, although find it odd that a certain person on this thread who stated 'not at all' actually called for me to be banned for a comment i made...like i say, abusive comments are different to banter...i find it amusing looking at some of the comments that stray off topic a little...
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Much agreed with the sentiment on here, although find it odd that a certain person on this thread who stated 'not at all' actually called for me to be banned for a comment i made...like i say, abusive comments are different to banter...i find it amusing looking at some of the comments that stray off topic a little...

I was using you as "an example", it's just that someone on here has been suspended for doing exactly as you did, ( slightly wandered off topic) but you are still on here????
whats that all about then???
surely a rule is a rule ????
i'm not having a "personal" go at you but merely stating a clear fact!!! it just happened to be you that was off topic!!!

Not quite sure whats occuring, maybe that rule was only invented for one person then?

Not sure what the moderators are doing on here then, regarding rule breaking.

So this poll is a waste of time, looks like the moderator was just being vindictive, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 3:40 pm

Dont know who you are talking about so cant comment on them, perhaps they were habitual wanderers!!

I havent been warned by a moderator, so i assume that my post was accepted as a quip around the subject matter rather than straying...anyway, if i do get suspended, hope that clears up the hurt Laughing
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 5:28 pm

Perhaps the moderator who suspended him would care to comment? After all it doesn't look very nice and surely no one would like to think it was a personal jibe, you have to be impartial when you are dishing out the bans, otherwise it looks like you cant do the job properly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

I am stepping out of this discussion now, nothing constructive happening really.
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 8:47 am

This poll is pointless, because the decision is already being used, people have already been suspended, but only certain ones, it must be a very funny rule because some people are still on here that have gone off topic. Confusing.........

I'll say one thing about Web Geek, he wasn't biased.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 10:53 am

spiderman wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

I was using you as "an example", it's just that someone on here has been suspended for doing exactly as you did, ( slightly wandered off topic) but you are still on here????
whats that all about then???
surely a rule is a rule ????
i'm not having a "personal" go at you but merely stating a clear fact!!! it just happened to be you that was off topic!!!

Not quite sure whats occuring, maybe that rule was only invented for one person then?

Not sure what the moderators are doing on here then, regarding rule breaking.

So this poll is a waste of time, looks like the moderator was just being vindictive, just my opinion.

Those who have been suspended for a few days have been very regular off-topic posters. The vast majority of off-topic posts have been moved out of public view or deleted. The moderator tries not to be vindicative or prejudiced. The occasional diversion from the topic by a regular contributor will not and has not resulted in a warning or suspension.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

polska legend wrote:
This 'off topic' rule is just an excuse to suspend the idiots who ruin the discussions and turn them into petty bitching. You know the ones, they have no interest in having a discussion, just in trying to get someone's back up.

I'm all for it. The rule, I mean, not the school playground borefest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

I have to be honest, i was always posting on the LSFL website and that went off at a tangent so often, but always good fun. But, this website is a bit more structured, which is fair enough, but will take some getting used too.

Feel the love...
Back to top Go down
spiderman

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 5:31 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
polska legend wrote:
This 'off topic' rule is just an excuse to suspend the idiots who ruin the discussions and turn them into petty bitching. You know the ones, they have no interest in having a discussion, just in trying to get someone's back up.

I'm all for it. The rule, I mean, not the school playground borefest.

The scutters are still on here.
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 5:37 pm

Past couple of days has been better, as we can actually have a chat about leagues, fixtures etc without the pointless posts from Hellboy, Wonka etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:09 pm

Why cant people just let the forum tick along? a ban should only be given for being theatening or bullying. Not for off topic...

Dee, no wonder users have a go back at you, when you make comments like that, why is it OK for you to bait hellboy and wonka, but when they reply to you, you'll be upset ("Who sits in the glass house, shouldn't throw stones")

I cannot understand why some people have been banned for going off topic, when blatantly others are still doing it, this is what is causing problems because, if you recieve a ban for doing it, and others haven't, you are going to be a tad upset, and point it out at every opportunity to those who are still going off topic. Sleep
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:00 pm

boring Pr1ck
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:12 pm

gattuso wrote:
boring Pr1ck

Just the sort of language we don't want on the forum..... No
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 3:47 pm

1 wrote:
Why cant people just let the forum tick along? a ban should only be given for being theatening or bullying. Not for off topic..

Sparta3 wrote:

As I said above, going off topic isn't such a bad thing. It's the idiots that come into a topic, with no intention of actually discussing anything, and blurt out a one-line insult/comment (bait) in order to get a reaction. If i could really be bothered it wouldn't take me too long to pick out some examples.

Ban the timewasting idiots i say.
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 6:31 pm

Can you get suspended for baiting other members by calling them a .p........k see gatuso's post (fans favourite)for a prime example.

What do you think to that Sparta3?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:16 pm

Not at all wins the day cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:54 pm

or does it.....16 want a ban of some sort......controversial
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

wiggoboy wrote:
Can you get suspended for baiting other members by calling them a .p........k see gatuso's post (fans favourite)for a prime example.

I'm pretty sure that offensive language is against the rules also. The content was just about right even if the language was not.
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

I actually thought he made a fair point.
Back to top Go down
wiggoboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:26 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
or does it.....16 want a ban of some sort......controversial

As long as it applies to every single user on here, not just the chosen few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 9:57 am

Sparta3 wrote:
wiggoboy wrote:

I'm pretty sure that offensive language is against the rules also. The content was just about right even if the language was not.

Iv'e noticed its a lot better on here since all the idiots stopped comming on.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 12:59 pm

your still on you fool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 1:18 pm

Well if you are i definitely am, can't remove 1 fool and leave a bigger 1 on.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 1:32 pm

atleast i normally post about the topic unlike you...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 2:20 pm

gattuso wrote:
boring Pr1ck

Is this stIcking to the topic? FOOL .....ANOTHER HYPOCRITE........
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 2:21 pm

gattuso wrote:
atleast i normally post about the topic unlike you...

JUST SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT AGAIN.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 2:35 pm

re-read it - its says NORMALLY not all the time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should off-topic posters be banned?   Should off-topic posters be banned? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should off-topic posters be banned?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next