Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May

Go down 
+11
fox sub 1
Jenko
littlebigman
mowmacre fc
royalsoldboy
Duane
Throop Boss
Alan Partridge
Hellboy
Polska legend II
Gordon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Empty
PostSubject: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSat 07 May 2011, 11:47 pm

Two games today - keep us informed
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 12:16 pm

throops 2 countesthorpe 7
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 3:59 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
throops 2 countesthorpe 7

a bit pointless now.
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 4:29 pm

Did not see that coming!!
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 4:58 pm

we had a laugh today and pulled positions out the hat and played for a giggle knowing that royals have 6 pts to be deducted and can't catch us! 1-0 at half time and good way for us to finish the season with no pressure on us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:11 pm

Quite funny watching them sliding in and taking it serious, especially when all our outfield players were in their box for a corner and left Toby (defender) in goal against 2 attackers,..
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:14 pm

anyone know if Humberstone LL played Oadby Athletic and if so what the score was?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:17 pm

just found out it was p-p
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:54 pm

Duane wrote:
Quite funny watching them sliding in and taking it serious, especially when all our outfield players were in their box for a corner and left Toby (defender) in goal against 2 attackers,..

Sad, they should have been a bit more serious weeks ago, i hear they played a lot of ringers today?.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 6:56 pm

Dont know mate, didnt care, just glad they finished the season and the league was decided fairly,...well one game to go anyway,.
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 8:22 pm

Duane wrote:

Ha ha very funny! It was quite funny seeing your ginger haired lad about break 2 peoples legs as well!!

It's news to us (ref the 6 point deduction) in fact the league have not confirmed this yet, Dennis certainly did not confirm this when our sec rang him???? Frankly this would be a little low of the league bearing in mind the efforts we have gone to field a team with all of the injuries and suspensions we have had over the last 3/4 games. I might add that we have not let anyone down on the day about fixtures so i'm not sure that this a points deduction??

Dennis/Gordon could you confirm please?

Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:06 pm

every team have injury or suspensions but you still have to put a team out ! not pick and chose when u feel like playing. if your happy to play ringers and suspended players like you have against webbys and us today then your lucky your only having 6 pts taken off you! the league have moved everything around to help you and still your not happy? fleckney need to beat you to stay up so hopefully you play your original players and make it a fair game for them because it means something to them!
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:10 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Duane wrote:

Sad, they should have been a bit more serious weeks ago, i hear they played a lot of ringers today?.

In terms of sad, injuries and suspension are what have caused us problems more than anything else, at least we're trying to finish the season unlike countless others!!

Who were the ringers, everyone who played was signed and has played a number of times this season, someone apparently said something from sideline like it's a aylestone/b&w team, and yes a few of our players play for b&w but their signed on, so what????

As for webbys we even played our striker with a torn hamstring in goal???

Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:11 pm

Throop Boss wrote:
every team have injury or suspensions but you still have to put a team out ! not pick and chose when u feel like playing. if your happy to play ringers and suspended players like you have against webbys and us today then your lucky your only having 6 pts taken off you! the league have moved everything around to help you and still your not happy? fleckney need to beat you to stay up so hopefully you play your original players and make it a fair game for them because it means something to them!

Ok whatever you say, today we played with our original players, who were the ringers if we played them???
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:15 pm

royalsoldboy wrote:
In terms of sad, injuries and suspension are what have caused us problems more than anything else, at least we're trying to finish the season unlike countless others!!

Who were the ringers, everyone who played was signed and has played a number of times this season, someone apparently said something from sideline like it's a aylestone/b&w team, and yes a few of our players play for b&w but their signed on, so what????

just goes to prove then, you cant believe everything you hear.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:16 pm

star garter vs humbo legends is wednesday i belive
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:18 pm

Hellboy wrote:
royalsoldboy wrote:

Definitely the case, one of the people they accused of being a ringer was a striker in the top scorers list for us, not really a ringer!!!
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 9:54 pm

your keeper for 1 , and at least 2 are suspended from what were told but like I say up to you lads, if the league take points of scrappy for not playing why don't u think your not gonna get the same? if the league had told you your having points off you would you have turned up this week to play? I don't think you would
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 10:03 pm

Throop Boss wrote:
your keeper for 1 , and at least 2 are suspended from what were told but like I say up to you lads, if the league take points of scrappy for not playing why don't u think your not gonna get the same? if the league had told you your having points off you would you have turned up this week to play? I don't think you would

Not at all, we have a big squad (not that its helped during the run in) and quite a few players who have hardly played which is probably why people think we have ringers playing??

As for the scrappy scenario i'm told that they turned up and decided to not play due to not having enough players, we gave the league and opposition notice on each occasion that we would not be able to field a team due to unavoidable issues so totally a different scenario.

As for the league not telling us, they are normally very quick to issue fines etc. so i'm unsure why they should treat this situation differently as we have no intention of folding mid season.
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 3:12 pm

I'm sure the league will act within their rules which state that 1 point deduction for first postponement,2 for the second and 3 for the third plus a fine upto £50 each time,its a shame after you have tried so hard to play on
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 4:03 pm

I know it's frustrating and looking at them the rules are ambiguous at best, they imply that if you follow the appropriate channels and call the relevent people for a fixture change which we did in advance it will not go to to the league committee??

It's also disappointing and frankly not fair of the league to advise our opposition (Throops) that we will be deducted points before they bother to tell us.

Gordon/Dennis - Please reply? Also could you also advise on whether Willows faliure to turn up to 3 games with us last year was represented in the final league table, as i'm sure that it wasn't, the game was also never played!!??

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 6:00 pm

royalsoldboy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
royalsoldboy wrote:

Definitely the case, one of the people they accused of being a ringer was a striker in the top scorers list for us, not really a ringer!!!

I think webbys are another team thats been caught doing naughtys.
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 6:16 pm

rules are there to play to, you can't just say well I let the ref and team know that it not worth us playing today because were not at full strength and don't fancy playing with 9 or bare 11 this week! we had players leave us and leave us in the mire this season , and we had to scrape through under strength with bare 11 for weeks but we did! most our side have played with injury for weeks but again we still played. I think your reason for not playing those games are lame .
all you have done is finished what has been a good division end in a farce, sunbury I know will agree with us
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 8:21 pm

the league certainly wouldn't discuss docking points or otherwise from a club with its opponents! I don't know the facts behind your failure to fulfil fixtures on the given dates, but I would think most people will always automatically assume that broken fixtures = docked points without exception.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 8:48 pm

Throop Boss wrote:
rules are there to play to, you can't just say well I let the ref and team know that it not worth us playing today because were not at full strength and don't fancy playing with 9 or bare 11 this week! we had players leave us and leave us in the mire this season , and we had to scrape through under strength with bare 11 for weeks but we did! most our side have played with injury for weeks but again we still played. I think your reason for not playing those games are lame .
all you have done is finished what has been a good division end in a farce, sunbury I know will agree with us

We would and have played with bare 11's this season, but you cant play a match with a bare 5 can you?
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 8:06 am

Polska legend II wrote:
the league certainly wouldn't discuss docking points or otherwise from a club with its opponents! I don't know the facts behind your failure to fulfil fixtures on the given dates, but I would think most people will always automatically assume that broken fixtures = docked points without exception.

The league certainly did according to throops and Gordon confirmed this i believe when our Sec spoke to him yesterday, the phrase i believe used in both conversation was0 'we did this to Scraptoft garage so why wouldn't do it to you'

We will fight this all of the way but it feels like we're fighting a losing battle and the league committee will dock points no matter what?

Throops boss you said that rules are there to be followed and the rules (http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/PDFs/Alliance%20Rules.pdf) related to this are:

Any Club unable to fulfil a fixture must, without delay, give notice to the Fixtures Secretary,
the Competition Secretary, the Secretary of the opposing Club and the match officials.
Any Club failing to comply shall be dealt with by the Management Committee who may
inflict any penalty it may deem suitable.
In the event of a match not being played or abandoned owing to causes over which neither
Club has control, it shall be played in its entirety on a date to be mutually agreed by the two
Clubs and approved by the Management Committee. Failing such agreement and notification
to the Fixtures Secretary within three days the Management Committee shall have power to
order the match to be played on a named date or on or before a given date.

We did all of the above things and games which were called off were out of our control (how can we control injuries and holidays!!), so how can this be even referred to the management commitee as we have fulfil our obligations???

There can't be one rule for us and one for Willows last year? I really can't believe that the moral of the situation is fold if you struggle and just pay the fine rather than try to field a team by rearranging fixtures to give you the best chance?? As we could have easily folded a month ago and saved a number of serious head aches and hassle!

Can't you tell that i'm bored at work!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 9:28 am

what I'm saying is that its a given that any club breaking a fixture is, in the eyes of the majority going to be docked points. I would imagine any conversations would be quite innocent when taking this into account.

The rules you quote suggest what you should do in the event of being unable to play a fixture, but that doesn't mean that points deductions shouldn't apply, just because you've communicated to everyone?

From what I recall Willows just could not and would not field a team for their final fixture despite being given about 4 dates to play it, and by that stage it was late May.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 11:09 am

I suppose it looks a bit supect, all of a sudden they've got a team again, now that second spot is still up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 11:11 am

Hellboy wrote:
I suppose it looks a bit supect, all of a sudden they've got a team again, now that second spot is still up for grabs.

Are you trying to imply the royals have been up to no good hellboy?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 11:17 am

only in the same way its been suggested that throops have been up to no good, as some of you boys put it.
Back to top Go down
royalsoldboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 11:24 am

Polska legend II wrote:
what I'm saying is that its a given that any club breaking a fixture is, in the eyes of the majority going to be docked points. I would imagine any conversations would be quite innocent when taking this into account.

The rules you quote suggest what you should do in the event of being unable to play a fixture, but that doesn't mean that points deductions shouldn't apply, just because you've communicated to everyone?

From what I recall Willows just could not and would not field a team for their final fixture despite being given about 4 dates to play it, and by that stage it was late May.

Dependant on the league's decision it could set a dangerous precedent for next season, more teams may just fold causing even more problems rather than try to field a team on rearranged dates that they can manage like we did???!!!
Back to top Go down
fox sub 1

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 11:44 am

The rules you are quoting relate to bad weather or damage to pitch things like that , if your allowed to call of games because your struggling for a team then most weeks loads of games would be off .
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 11:47 am

royalsoldboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Dependant on the league's decision it could set a dangerous precedent for next season, more teams may just fold causing even more problems rather than try to field a team on rearranged dates that they can manage like we did???!!!
It's great that you have managed to fulfill your fixtures but there must be a penalty for not playing a game or else there would be postponements every single week and the season would never end,this is not having a go at Countesthorpe but just something i believe has to be in place,I think the league always acts within it's rules because it has too!!!
Back to top Go down
AHC

AHC

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 12:17 pm

Hellboy wrote:

If second place was up for grabs Throops would not have played the crazy team they did.

At the end of the day CR did not play 3 games they were scheduled to play and as such they need to be punished for that, which is docked points, as demonstrated many times over the course of a season, the latest being Scratoft Garage....

The excuses that you have not got the players to make a team are not valid, you should sign on reliable players that will turn up whether they are pissed or not. If they are injured that is unfortunate but thats why you have a squad to replace them. By CR's own admission they have a big squad so im sure they could have gathered at least 7-8, if not 11 players to get a match going!

Well done to Sunbury on the league, im still disappointed that we didnt finish you off on Wed night but you played a good second half.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 12:30 pm

AHC wrote:

If second place was up for grabs Throops would not have played the crazy team they did

Your problem pal not mine, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Back to top Go down
AHC

AHC

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 12:39 pm

Hellboy wrote:
AHC wrote:

If second place was up for grabs Throops would not have played the crazy team they did

hmmmm, I don't recollect ever saying it was your problem, or anybodys.... was merely a statement.

Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 12:49 pm

We have a core of about 10-12 players that are there every single week but we have had injuries to bout 6-7 of them including myself which makes it very hard to get a team together. We have always let teams kow in advance that we are unable to fulfill fixtures which is different to scrappy as they did it just before kick off
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 1:01 pm

AHC wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
AHC wrote:

hmmmm, I don't recollect ever saying it was your problem, or anybodys.... was merely a statement.

Laughing .........touche d'artanian
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 1:06 pm

Royals no1 wrote:
We have a core of about 10-12 players that are there every single week but we have had injuries to bout 6-7 of them including myself which makes it very hard to get a team together. We have always let teams kow in advance that we are unable to fulfill fixtures which is different to scrappy as they did it just before kick off

doesnt matter whether its 5 minutes before kick off or 5 days, points docked is the ruling otherwise everyone will do it, i would have called 3 or 4 games off this season using the same style as you have if there was no points docking
Back to top Go down
AHC

AHC

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 1:08 pm

Royals no1 wrote:

yeah it is unlucky to have so many injuries but other teams cannot wait indefinately for you to be able to raise a team to play a fixture, that is why the rules are there.

Anyways, its not like either of us having a sky television deal waiting on the outcome of your predicament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May   Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results and Banter - Sunday 8 May
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next