Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves

Go down 
+24
ben
tumar vet
talbotkeeper
Paulo
Tubby NRI
alliance no1
sean callaghan
Old Iron
bumble
WEUR
dezza
gattuso
dave ash
mthompson08
Plough new boy
Ramley_LBFC
LCFCHOTSHOT
THE MAGICIAN
Polska legend II
Hellboy
Aussie Owl
LoneRanger38
Gordon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alliance no1

Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm

npe are happy with this as we lost 4-2 at there ground
Back to top Go down
Tubby NRI

Tubby NRI

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:29 am

First and foremost, very sorry to hear the news West End have folded. Having played for clubs previously that have been through tough times I can sympathise greatly with the circumstances.

With regards to all results being deleted from record.... well quite clearly that is fair, and is the only way to have a fair league table at the end of the season! The final league table standings will show how you have faired against all existing clubs in your league!? How can that be unjust?! Strange views from some people I must say! Although I can appreciate that teams may gain or lose ground. At the end of the day you will ultimately finish in which league position you deserve to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:05 am

tubby - when did you get so wise!
Alliance no1 - glad to see you revelling in the sad demise of a team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:08 am

Id just like to say im gutted the ressies have folded i think i was only one of a few who said the would play for them if needed its a shame cos from what i heard the were playing really well + there a good set of lads as well as for us the effort was there but the numbers wasnt iv had a lot of good and successful year with the club and all the lads are top class its a real shame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:46 am

Dennis and Gordon- if there was no opposition from any division four teams, can the reserves carry on in division 6? I know i wouldn't have a problem with them not completing their fixtures if it meant one of the west end teams could carry on? Isn't their anything we can do?
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:50 am

Bowden new boy wrote:
All the best to the ressies lads good bunch. Don't be joining that revolution down at hood park though. It's me I feel sorry for in all this my only goal took away from me Very Happy . Oh yeah and Matt thompsons only two goals. Ha ha.

I think dee seems to have enough players at hood park from bringing in the players he has done!!! saying that though most of our lads will be looking to get straight back into action once our individual fines have been sorted with the league, just a case of finding a team that are struggling for players, if lk old boys werent so far away quite a few of our lads have said they would go and play for them to try and make a difference and help them out, however travelling to harborough every week is a bit too much. sorry about the goal that got taken off you by the way Very Happy and the 6 points, im pretty sure you boys at bowden will be up in the top 2 by the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:04 am

Not to worry mate, im not fussed to much if we finish top or bottom just want to get up on a sunday and have a kick about. Good luck with the new club, if harborough to far, desford must be ??
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:07 am

yeh theyre both a tad too far to be fair with you mate, shame really, im pretty sure our lads will find clubs that are struggling for numbers as in my opinion we had some decent players, some which would easily walk into a club in a higher division.
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:12 am

No i dont think any off you will have problem finding clubs, just wont be as a team, thats the bad thing as you all become mates and drinking buddies and now you all filter off to different clubs. Its a shame you all good lads, hopefully play against you soon pal.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:01 am

Sorry to hear West End go- sure their lads will find new clubs

Dont think it changes to much in Division 4, all the top teams have played and beat them so dont think much has changed. Prob biggest change may be in people losing goals
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:01 am

Why do teams fold mid season?

To continue this debate, here are a couple of facts:

Western Athletic had 24 registered players and West End United had 40 registered players. Does this not beg a question?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:04 am

Assistant Secretary wrote:

Western Athletic had 24 registered players and West End United had 40 registered players. Does this not beg a question?

Its all about a squad base...i know when we text our lads I am going to get at least 9 definities! the other 6 we have signed on would usually be there but are more prone to working, holidays, family commitments etc, maybe West End didnt have a bunch they could rely on week in week out, and had to rely on saturday night texts to egt a team together hence the high number. It a tough job finding that core bunch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:05 am

it not fair to lose points you won but we talbot got points took off us for a team foling last season and the result we went down
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:09 am

Ramley_LBFC wrote:
gattuso wrote:
Always been like this... Get over it and just go play football! All the best to the west end players who carry on playing in the alliance league

Its not about "getting over it" - its about the true representation of how the league should look. Please dont get me wrong, I am really sorry to see West End leave the league. They were by far the best team we have played against all season. Made us work really hard for the three points at home and to be fair we probably only deserved a draw.

They have some quality players and I am sure those who love the game will go on to other teams soon to those teams benefit.

However, these forums are here to have these kinds of discussions though are they not?

This wouldn't work though as the 6 points you gained against WEUR may have given you an unfair advantage over, say, a team in second who haven't played them yet. Forget WEUR and its all about your results against other sides that determine who wins a league
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:32 am

Agreed, so Wigston United gets my admiration for carrying on, i think they went through the same thing, so top marks to the likes of RMO5 for carrying on, grafting hard to see things through with the rest of his team mates, they're getting on with it some how, god only knows how, but once again well done to you lads.....shame the ones that have folded have done so, i'm sure they explored every avenue before making their decisions....

top marks to them.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:37 am

WEUR wrote:
yeh theyre both a tad too far to be fair with you mate, shame really, im pretty sure our lads will find clubs that are struggling for numbers as in my opinion we had some decent players, some which would easily walk into a club in a higher division.

Uplands Park..........New Roan Inn ressies. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:43 am

We generally had about 8 or 9 lads that would be there every week at the start of the year and the rest of them were made up of peole that could only play every now and then. Also out of the 24 we had signed on 3 moved to teams outside the alliance so remained registered 2 had moved out of Leicester and 3 signed early pre season and then decided they no longer wanted to play on a Sunday morning which leaves you low on numbers even before you start getting injurys or suspensions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 10:15 am

It’s a shame the teams have folded, but the high number signed on shows an issue – desperation to get players in, if you had a core of players (say 13) that you can rely on you would be fine – teams like Sparta Parva Reserves are a sign of this, I think Tom has only signed on about 14 players. And I can say this because I was the same a while ago, we had a core of about 9 lads that turned up week in week out, I then went on a crazy signing on period just to get a team out. Now, with a bit of help from Malc, we have a core of 14 lads that are there every week, and 3 others that answer the batphone when needed. I have learnt a lesson this year – setting up a club isn’t just about getting numbers signed on – people are flaky, they say they will play, then they don’t bother, they claim injury or move to other teams. I don’t think there is an answer, it’s a lot of peoples human nature to let people down. I am hopeful that next season we will sign on about 15 players and that will be enough for the season as we now have the right people.
Back to top Go down
tumar vet

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 10:27 am

Polska legend II wrote:
that's only 3 so far this season (or 2 'clubs') which is probably below average compared to the last few seasons at this stage. Just hits harder as they been in successive days. But great shame to see them go as always seemed a good, well established club

Agreed there were far more resignations before Christmas last season. These are the only ones this season so far - let's hope they are the last.

As far as the reasons are concerned, it is the annual January blues. In my opinion some players seem to find it hard to get back into the weekly game following the Christmas break especially when the weather is uninviting. It is even worse when a team is out of all the cups and is not doing too well in the League - nothing to play for! in spite of their start of the season commitment. Why not simply play for the love of the game and a bit of banter between mates on a Sunday morning before enjoying a well earned pint or three?

Even the assistant secretary is having a go at Western Wanderers!!
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 10:27 am

our problem was that our 1st team had some players that wouldnt turn up at the last minute when stating they would be there, as would they have players turn up at the last minute that stated they were unable to play, i think mark masters just got a little fed up with the commitment shown from some of his players?? The reason for us not being able to carry on were myself not being able to commit to running the team aswell as doing the secretarys job and treasurer job, some of you may think its a pi55 poor excuse but if i could have done all 3 i would have, but as other have stated on this forum we do have family and work commitments. I do think that the prospect of moving up 2 divisions upset some of our players as they felt we were holding our own in division 6 and looking good for a top 5 finish, also the prospect of losing our top goalscorer and best midfielder/playmaker to different clubs would have made it more of a battle to hold our own in div 4, and i have no doubt that some of the players that werent happy with moving up 2 divisions would have been following them out of the door within a month or so of what probably would have been getting "mullered" every week.
Back to top Go down
ben

ben

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 11:00 am

Sorry to hear about West End folding.

Never nice to hear, all the best to the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 12:56 pm

tumar vet wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
that's only 3 so far this season (or 2 'clubs') which is probably below average compared to the last few seasons at this stage. Just hits harder as they been in successive days. But great shame to see them go as always seemed a good, well established club

Agreed there were far more resignations before Christmas last season. These are the only ones this season so far - let's hope they are the last.

As far as the reasons are concerned, it is the annual January blues. In my opinion some players seem to find it hard to get back into the weekly game following the Christmas break especially when the weather is uninviting. It is even worse when a team is out of all the cups and is not doing too well in the League - nothing to play for! in spite of their start of the season commitment. Why not simply play for the love of the game and a bit of banter between mates on a Sunday morning before enjoying a well earned pint or three?

Even the assistant secretary is having a go at Western Wanderers!!

And who might they be?
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:08 pm

WEUR wrote:

our problem was that our 1st team had some players that wouldnt turn up at the last minute when stating they would be there, as would they have players turn up at the last minute that stated they were unable to play, i think mark masters just got a little fed up with the commitment shown from some of his players?? The reason for us not being able to carry on were myself not being able to commit to running the team aswell as doing the secretarys job and treasurer job, some of you may think its a pi55 poor excuse but if i could have done all 3 i would have, but as other have stated on this forum we do have family and work commitments. I do think that the prospect of moving up 2 divisions upset some of our players as they felt we were holding our own in division 6 and looking good for a top 5 finish, also the prospect of losing our top goalscorer and best midfielder/playmaker to different clubs would have made it more of a battle to hold our own in div 4, and i have no doubt that some of the players that werent happy with moving up 2 divisions would have been following them out of the door within a month or so of what probably would have been getting "mullered" every week.

Too be honest mate you pretty much have it spot on, had 7 or 8 lads that wouldnt let me down but was getting pissed off with the dropouts the night before the game and people not even texting back. I've sorted sponsorship out for the club for 5 seasons with The Foresters Arms and all we needed to do in return was both sides nip in for a quick drink but only 7 or 8 of the 1st team would turn up and only 1 Ressie would come, now the landlord is a friend of mine and that sort of turnout was making me look like id backed down on my part of the bargain. Having a little un in November has changed my prioritys somewhat. Dissapointed to go this way because we have been a decent club and i'd have loved to have had the numbers and more importantly the commitment to carry on. Big shouts need to go out to Mark Harvey, Shaun Danaher, Danny Carr, Lee Robbo and a couple of others for thier work over the years. Personally gonna have a few weeks off then just find a club i can turn up, play, pay my subs and go home.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:52 pm

Sparky wrote:
Personally gonna have a few weeks off then just find a club i can turn up, play, pay my subs and go home.

And visit the sponsor's pub afterwards... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:53 pm

Haha of course
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:38 pm

sounds daft but ive always found its harder to get players the higher level you go to, as most teams generally start as friends who of around the same ability, if you start off at the correct level for your ability ive found you get a core of 14 as they know they will get a game as you can do squad rotation or generally at least half a game and if you have a week when you are struggling in say a lower division you can ring your back up players and they can do a job but when you go higher it hard to find players of the required ability who are willing to sit on the bench as there are so many teams they can go and get a team for easily, we have around 2-3 subs per week if we are lucky!! our game against gt we had 8 of our regular players turn up had to call some of the back up and the result is a 6-0 whipping from a side who we should be competing against, thats no disrespect to gt i just mean we are in a different league to advance,prem and scrappy!! people sign on big squads assistant sec by the way to try and ensure they dont play ringers and can put a side out!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:09 pm

dezza wrote:
people sign on big squads assistant sec by the way to try and ensure they dont play ringers and can put a side out!!!!!!

No problem with having a big squad as long as they are there when you need them. There are always going to be injuries, family, job and house moves but there has always been a significant number who, for one reason or another, do not respond in the hour of need. Club loyalty does not appear to be as strong as it was a few years ago - more's the pity. This is where some other sports score over football in that there seems to be more club events away from their respective sporting activity.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:12 pm

probably too many football teams!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:23 pm

May be a point there Dezza, but if people are setting them up, leagues will take them....needs the club secs to be responsible about if they can bring a team every week or not...if not, why not set up a team with a couple of club secs bringing players together
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:25 pm

dezza wrote:
sounds daft but ive always found its harder to get players the higher level you go to, as most teams generally start as friends who of around the same ability, if you start off at the correct level for your ability ive found you get a core of 14 as they know they will get a game as you can do squad rotation or generally at least half a game and if you have a week when you are struggling in say a lower division you can ring your back up players and they can do a job but when you go higher it hard to find players of the required ability who are willing to sit on the bench as there are so many teams they can go and get a team for easily, we have around 2-3 subs per week if we are lucky!! our game against gt we had 8 of our regular players turn up had to call some of the back up and the result is a 6-0 whipping from a side who we should be competing against, thats no disrespect to gt i just mean we are in a different league to advance,prem and scrappy!! people sign on big squads assistant sec by the way to try and ensure they dont play ringers and can put a side out!!!!!!

Totally agree Dezza, added to that when your really good players get tonked like that then even they start to doubt whether or not they want to be there because if the next man don't care why should they.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:27 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
May be a point there Dezza, but if people are setting them up, leagues will take them....needs the club secs to be responsible about if they can bring a team every week or not...if not, why not set up a team with a couple of club secs bringing players together

shall we merge then n.r.i????????? lol

seriously though might not be such an issue though if you could only sign for one team in the county irrespective of which league they are in as at the minuteyou can sign for a team in each league............
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:30 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
dezza wrote:

Totally agree Dezza, added to that when your really good players get tonked like that then even they start to doubt whether or not they want to be there because if the next man don't care why should they.

exactly malc, im lucky as our best players are our most reliable but look at our last game against each other last season, both of us let down by players and thats when we needed a win to guarantee the title!!! questions were asked after that game.......
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:32 pm

Too be honest mate you pretty much have it spot on, had 7 or 8 lads that wouldnt let me down but was getting pissed off with the dropouts the night before the game and people not even texting back. I've sorted sponsorship out for the club for 5 seasons with The Foresters Arms and all we needed to do in return was both sides nip in for a quick drink but only 7 or 8 of the 1st team would turn up and only 1 Ressie would come, now the landlord is a friend of mine and that sort of turnout was making me look like id backed down on my part of the bargain. Having a little un in November has changed my prioritys somewhat. Dissapointed to go this way because we have been a decent club and i'd have loved to have had the numbers and more importantly the commitment to carry on. Big shouts need to go out to Mark Harvey, Shaun Danaher, Danny Carr, Lee Robbo and a couple of others for thier work over the years. Personally gonna have a few weeks off then just find a club i can turn up, play, pay my subs and go home.[/quote]

Will never happen, lol, through personal experience After 7 years managing teams I thought it was time for me to turn up and have a game and do that, next minute you have a persistant guy ( WIDDS ) asking you to take over.

Along with the fact that I was totally WHACK and couldn't walk for a week after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm

dezza wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

seriously though might not be such an issue though if you could only sign for one team in the county irrespective of which league they are in as at the minuteyou can sign for a team in each league............

Not a bad idea mate, would be nice to have a feeder team lol

Oh and Malc, i hardly text you about becoming manager!! I bet there were no more than 50 text messages in total!! lol!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
dezza wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

Oh and Malc, i hardly text you about becoming manager!! I bet there were no more than 50 text messages in total!! lol!

Per day
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:58 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
dezza wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

ha ha feeder team! love it......

im sure malcs got his own scouting network Wink
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:29 pm

would just like to say what a top club West End United were and im very sad to see them go. have a great bunch of lads who i have known for years, some from the old Beaumont Town Youth days. Hope you all carry on playing in the Alliance whatever you all choose to do.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 8:08 am

dezza wrote:
l
seriously though might not be such an issue though if you could only sign for one team in the county irrespective of which league they are in as at the minute you can sign for a team in each league............

An idea we have proposed to the other Leagues on 2 occasions and each time one of the others has pulled out.

You also need trust in the other League's admin system.

Even an agreement with LSL would be a big step forward.

In a perfect world, there would be central registration but that is not going to happen for a long time and that would be expensive because staff would have to be paid and at the moment each league does the job with unpaid volunteers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 8:52 am

dezza wrote:
l
seriously though might not be such an issue though if you could only sign for one team in the county irrespective of which league they are in as at the minute you can sign for a team in each league............

An idea we have proposed to the other Leagues on 2 occasions and each time one of the others has pulled out.

You also need trust in the other League's admin system.

Even an agreement with LSL would be a big step forward.

In a perfect world, there would be central registration but that is not going to happen for a long time and that would be expensive because staff would have to be paid and at the moment each league does the job with unpaid volunteers.

Which we are all grateful for sir, despite the moaning that we all do! Dont want to lose any more top people after Tommy and one press officer has gone....hope they are the last resignations!
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 2:56 pm

Wow, certainly a shock, having played them sunday there didn't seem to be too many problems, its a real shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves   Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resignation - West End United and West End United Reserves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2