Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Which Teams have impressed you?

Go down 
+11
spartano1
alliance no1
Gifford
Jenko
Hellboy
mthompson08
Paulo
L.K.F.C
NiffyA
Hoskins#14
EJT09
15 posters
AuthorMessage
EJT09

Which Teams have impressed you? Empty
PostSubject: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 8:30 am

With the season soon to be hitting mid-way and everyone's had a chance to see everyone play, which teams have impressed you the most so far?

I would have to say Kibworth in division 6.

What about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Hoskins#14

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:44 pm

Trinderbox are a good side
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:47 pm

EJT09 wrote:
With the season soon to be hitting mid-way and everyone's had a chance to see everyone play, which teams have impressed you the most so far?

I dont feel like Kibworth have run into any of the big teams as of yet to be tested. It seems they were easily pushed aside by Harb Hotshots in the cup - 4-0 I think the scoreline.

The only decent side we have faced in Div 6 has been Harb Hotshots - I've not really fealt any other team was strong enough to play in a division higher than 6.
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:57 pm

Hoskins#14 wrote:
Trinderbox are a good side

But with how Trinderbox performed last season, you knew they were 2 or 3 divisions lower than what they should have been.

Harb Hotshots have been impressive but because I know most of the lads, I know how they should perfom lol. I would like to see Kibworth play Hotshots in the league. Should be interesting. Surely though Jamie, Little Bowden have been impressive lol. Wrote off at the start of the season as whipping boys and currently sat top of the table lol. Got to give credit where it's due lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:59 pm

NiffyA wrote:
EJT09 wrote:

I dont feel like Kibworth have run into any of the big teams as of yet to be tested. It seems they were easily pushed aside by Harb Hotshots in the cup - 4-0 I think the scoreline.

The only decent side we have faced in Div 6 has been Harb Hotshots - I've not really fealt any other team was strong enough to play in a division higher than 6.

I think Kibworth going forward are strong enough to do some real damage in the league, I can't understand how they were rolled over so easily byo Hotshots in the cup, I can only assume they were short of players or had an amazing odd day. They battle hard and if they play every game the way they battled us they'll be hard to stop.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:59 pm

In Division 4 so far i would say AFC Bees Knees have impressed me the most, maybe because I watched them pre season and they didnt look particualrly good, but they played some really nice football, good mix of young and older players and think will pick up a few handy results in this division!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
mthompson08

mthompson08

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:01 pm

NiffyA wrote:
EJT09 wrote:

agree with you niffy a.....it seems quite a few are on a similar level...if you go on last season then kibworth and lil bowden have improved greatly but there are a number of new sides in div 6.......the second half of the season should be really good and i dont think you could even pick a winner as some teams have played twice while not playing others at all yet....it will go down to whoever gets the best looking fixture list after xmas i think!?
Back to top Go down
http://clubwebsite.co.uk/littlebowdenfc1
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:25 pm

Hood Park Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 2:14 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Hood Park Rangers.

Yet again proving what a complete idiot you really are.
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 3:36 pm

no one yet the games we have been punished in have been our own doing by playing w@nk
Back to top Go down
alliance no1

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:43 pm

i think there are alot of teams in div 6 that can play in a higher division than 6 eg we played quite alot of sides in cups which where in higher eg sparta moshdock and we only lost 1-0 we cant play in that standard of league but it shows but i think there are alot of teams that can play in div 5/4
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 5:00 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
NiffyA wrote:
EJT09 wrote:

I think Kibworth going forward are strong enough to do some real damage in the league, I can't understand how they were rolled over so easily byo Hotshots in the cup, I can only assume they were short of players or had an amazing odd day. They battle hard and if they play every game the way they battled us they'll be hard to stop.

I'd stil have to disagree - although they look impressive with 6 out of 6, they've yet to play Niffy, NPE, Bowden, Hotshots(in the league), West End Reserves, AFC Sporting.....these are 6 of the 7 teams around them in the top 8. They only just managed themselves past Kilworth - 6-5?
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 5:08 pm

NiffyA wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
NiffyA wrote:
EJT09 wrote:

I'd stil have to disagree - although they look impressive with 6 out of 6, they've yet to play Niffy, NPE, Bowden, Hotshots(in the league), West End Reserves, AFC Sporting.....these are 6 of the 7 teams around them in the top 8. They only just managed themselves past Kilworth - 6-5?

Yeah but Kibworth did give MDH Knights a good run for there money in the cup. I've not personally seen them play and I know they haven't played the top 4 in division 6 and from what I've been told, there only a 2 man team. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 6:01 pm

EJT09 wrote:
NiffyA wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
NiffyA wrote:
EJT09 wrote:

Yeah but Kibworth did give MDH Knights a good run for there money in the cup. I've not personally seen them play and I know they haven't played the top 4 in division 6 and from what I've been told, there only a 2 man team. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

For me a 2 man team is pretty harsh. Defensively yeh they are too old and slow at the back but attacking wise they've got some players who can spray the ball and the lad up front looks like a pretty lethat striker. We (MDH Knights) didn't have our strongest side out but we were far from struggling to field a team and with our centre back playing upfront we scored 7 BUT at the same time with 3 of our first choice back 4 they scored 6 past us and our defence is generally thought to be pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 6:11 pm

magna town are by far best team we have played so far in div 4 decent side and hard to beat, NRI werent to bad either and seem to be playing alot better nowadays, not seen phoenix yet but still cant understand y they are struggling with players they have got
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 6:36 pm

Royals no1 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hood Park Rangers.

Oh ok, Hood Park Rangers have always impressed me, if thats OK with you? I always vote for them to win team of the month, teams like that impress me more than teams like yours, which are perhaps full of pothunters, Hood Park Rangers impress me because they get beat week in week out, but still come back for more, a very tenacious team, most teams would just give up eg blah blah blah, so hats off to the rangers for me, sorry you think i'm an idiot, but i always like to give credit where credits due. It aint all about the big boys, some people know how to show a real team spirit.

Who's your choice then? ................yourselves? I bet you even support man utd.
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 7:36 pm

spartano1 wrote:
magna town are by far best team we have played so far in div 4 decent side and hard to beat, NRI werent to bad either and seem to be playing alot better nowadays, not seen phoenix yet but still cant understand y they are struggling with players they have got

having played Magna and Phoenix this season i'd agree they are both very strong teams and play some excellent football, i'd expect them both to be in the mix come the end of the season, Magna probably have more attacking options, Phoenix ideas ran out a little when they didn't get the goal they deserved for their play where as Magna changed their approach and it worked for them getting them back into the game when it looked dead, Phoenix though were the stronger defensively, we didn't have the best of games but a lot of that was down to how well they kept the ball when they had it and closed us down when they didn't. Sure it'd be a great game when they meet as well as games against you Sparta, NRI and Blaby, from what i've seen i'd expect you to be the top 5 but in what order is anyones guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:43 am

Hellboy wrote:
Royals no1 wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Hood Park Rangers.

Oh ok, Hood Park Rangers have always impressed me, if thats OK with you? I always vote for them to win team of the month, teams like that impress me more than teams like yours, which are perhaps full of pothunters, Hood Park Rangers impress me because they get beat week in week out, but still come back for more, a very tenacious team, most teams would just give up eg blah blah blah, so hats off to the rangers for me, sorry you think i'm an idiot, but i always like to give credit where credits due. It aint all about the big boys, some people know how to show a real team spirit.

Who's your choice then? ................yourselves? I bet you even support man utd.

Thanks for explaining that one hellboy! just a bit weird to pick the team that bottom of division 6. How are we pothunters after only finishing 3rd in division 3 last season?
My choice would be throops or western out of the teams we have played so far this season and for the record i do support Man utd
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:06 am

Booyakasha
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:11 am

Still have to suggest that Kibworth need to be tested before we can even suggest they have a chance of finishing in the top 3 of division 6. The only times they have come up against teams of some quality they have lost. And conceding 7 against MDH Knighs, although a couple of divisions above is still a lot.

Let's check back on this in a few weeks after there game on the 5th December against NPE, and after Xmas when they are going to have to play some bigger teams in Div 6.
Back to top Go down
EJT09

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:22 am

NiffyA wrote:
Still have to suggest that Kibworth need to be tested before we can even suggest they have a chance of finishing in the top 3 of division 6. The only times they have come up against teams of some quality they have lost. And conceding 7 against MDH Knighs, although a couple of divisions above is still a lot.

Let's check back on this in a few weeks after there game on the 5th December against NPE, and after Xmas when they are going to have to play some bigger teams in Div 6.

Like Little Bowden ha ha ha lol. We'll do them over lol!
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:13 am

[quote="NiffyA"]Still have to suggest that Kibworth need to be tested before we can even suggest they have a chance of finishing in the top 3 of division 6. The only times they have come up against teams of some quality they have lost. And conceding 7 against MDH Knighs, although a couple of divisions above is still a lot.

Let's check back on this in a few weeks after there game on the 5th December against NPE, and after Xmas when they are going to have to play some bigger teams in Div 6

Well said. When we ( hotshots) played them in the stokes it was obvious they have 2 really decent players a couple good players an the rest made up of pensioners and really young inexperianced lads. Nathan murphy stood out for me delivering some excellent balls to the fast striker( shaun wilkes???) other than that we destroyed them on a day where we had 3 first teamers out an didnt play our best we won 4-0 in the end. they have had a good fixture liust so far we shall see how things look going into febuary an only then will we really get an idea of who will finish where. For me kibworth wont be in top 3.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:21 am

gt have had a run of impressive results and look like they could probably challenge for the 3rd/4th spot
Back to top Go down
GT

GT

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:17 pm

Hopefully yeah we have got a good run going at the moment hope it continues loving this season so far!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 10:01 am

Eer.... sorry which team impressed you then?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 9:09 am

Fishandchips wrote:
spartano1 wrote:

having played Magna and Phoenix this season i'd agree they are both very strong teams and play some excellent football, i'd expect them both to be in the mix come the end of the season, Magna probably have more attacking options, Phoenix ideas ran out a little when they didn't get the goal they deserved for their play where as Magna changed their approach and it worked for them getting them back into the game when it looked dead, Phoenix though were the stronger defensively, we didn't have the best of games but a lot of that was down to how well they kept the ball when they had it and closed us down when they didn't. Sure it'd be a great game when they meet as well as games against you Sparta, NRI and Blaby, from what i've seen i'd expect you to be the top 5 but in what order is anyones guess.

i dont know what you mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Teams have impressed you?   Which Teams have impressed you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Teams have impressed you?
Page 1 of 1