Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

sparta parva friends or put hunters ?

Go down 
+19
Paulo
dee_aitcho
dazzle
dk4632
shaun riley
dezza
Hellboy
fozzi
spartano1
gattuso
Kauto Stars Fc
Tomassi
ben
riley
scouse1
cyril sneer
super polska
PaulMcshane
Plough new boy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:40 pm

I have to agree with Paulo on this one. Unless your team is miles behind where it needs to be to compete, then I don't see why you should constantly be on the look out for 'better' players. The amount of players that you upset along the way could cause more trouble for you in the long run.

Look at AC Wigston - massive turnover of players and now struggling. We see it many times over. The teams that tend to succeed LONG TERM are those that do it gradually and concentrate on reliability and team spirit rather than aiming for a quick trophy or two.
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:48 pm

we have been struggling with 11-12 players last 3 weeks due to people away and injured, last season towards the end of the season we struggled caus we didnt have a big enough squad, this season i have signed a biggish squad when everyone there we shud have abt 15-16 there so still not massive, if you get the chance to sign on a mate who is a very good player would i not be stupid to say no sorry not gunna sign u on, all my players are happy at the club and enjoying there football, like people have said before you play to win hopefully we will do well this season and climb up the divisions into the prem and give it a crack there see how we do but only time will tell
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:57 pm

spartano1 wrote:
we have been struggling with 11-12 players last 3 weeks due to people away and injured, last season towards the end of the season we struggled caus we didnt have a big enough squad, this season i have signed a biggish squad when everyone there we shud have abt 15-16 there so still not massive, if you get the chance to sign on a mate who is a very good player would i not be stupid to say no sorry not gunna sign u on, all my players are happy at the club and enjoying there football, like people have said before you play to win hopefully we will do well this season and climb up the divisions into the prem and give it a crack there see how we do but only time will tell

Pretty much what i sed above
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 6:42 pm

So we are all agreed then - Forum Friends!!!!
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:13 pm

This forum gets weirder and weirder.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:36 pm

dee_aitcho wrote:

Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
dee_aitcho wrote:

I did once, but it took a lot of warming up and i hurt my back....
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:47 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
dee_aitcho wrote:

I did once, but it took a lot of warming up and i hurt my back....

Hahhh. Niiiice lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:57 pm

I suppose it all boils down to what your goals are really. When we started out it was set up as a group of mates getting together for a game of a Sunday morning and have a laugh regardless of the result.

However after a period of time the better players were getting frustrated with not getting anywhere so we the. Started bringing in better players to enable us to challenge and improve the team. The down side to doing this though was that the mates that started together were no longer playing and therefore left the club which then left us needing more players but there is no point in getting more lads in to sit on the bench so you end up looking for more lads of a better quality and so the cycle continues until now we are in the situation where only me and 2 players are left from the original set up. Yes we are now a far better team than when we started and have won a county cup and came runners up in the league but at the cost of all the lads that just wanted to get together and have a laugh.

If I had my time again then I would forsake any pot to just enjoy my Sunday mornings with my mates. And for that reason I take my hat off to the magma boys who have got the idea of Sunday morning football down to a t.
Back to top Go down
OhBarryBarry

OhBarryBarry

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:49 pm

to be fair.. Gaz tries to tap everyone up... so i wouldnt take it as a compliment.. he is just lonely and wants someone to hold. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:02 pm

Each to thier own i suppose if you can get the players and juggle a big squad then fair play.

Ive just took over West End 2 weeks ago after having discussions about folding, we had lost the 1st 5 games and have won 1 lost 1 since i come in. I am running with a squad of 14 and is not far off the same set of lads we started with 5 years ago. The club belongs to the lads and i wont be bringing anymore in unless somebody leaves, if we have a few players missing then i got a few who help us out now and again. I think we can get mid table which we may or may not achieve but doing it with my mates makes it worth fighting for.

Good luck to any side that can attract good players, certainly makes life easier as a manager.
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:17 pm

wondered when mr beattie would chip in with his comments worth lol, end of day the lads had a very bad season last year, this season they are enjoying it more, the lads i have brought in know the lads we had there in the first place so in a way its a mates team, i would rather have a strong team challenging for things than play every season in lower league finishing mid-table, i would like to apologise to every div 4 team for signing good players on, dont worry i will get players no where near as good so we can play for a mid-table position instead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:23 pm

Said it before - i think Div 4 will be very competitive, couldnt care less who Gaz signs, wish Parva all the best....i personally think we have a better side than he does (sure he will disagree) but they caught us on a very very bad day at the office....probably a bit disrespectful to teams such as NRI, Superfly, Niffy Ressies, Magna etc to suggest that Sparta have signed players on that will walk this division. Fairly sure all the above teams and more will be going into games expecting to win and giving it 100%. The hype is worse than the bite!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:30 pm

lol we have virtually same squad as when we played u widds probs abt 3 new lads since then like rutter,towers and soon henfrey, like riley said before magna should have beaten us and surely if we were that good we wudnt have struggled like we did sunday????

i agree with u widds, the title will be very tight and expect Nri,magna,superfly,phoenix,niffy reserves to be right up there fighting for the title
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:39 am

wafc wrote:
I suppose it all boils down to what your goals are really. When we started out it was set up as a group of mates getting together for a game of a Sunday morning and have a laugh regardless of the result.

However after a period of time the better players were getting frustrated with not getting anywhere so we the. Started bringing in better players to enable us to challenge and improve the team. The down side to doing this though was that the mates that started together were no longer playing and therefore left the club which then left us needing more players but there is no point in getting more lads in to sit on the bench so you end up looking for more lads of a better quality and so the cycle continues until now we are in the situation where only me and 2 players are left from the original set up. Yes we are now a far better team than when we started and have won a county cup and came runners up in the league but at the cost of all the lads that just wanted to get together and have a laugh.

If I had my time again then I would forsake any pot to just enjoy my Sunday mornings with my mates. And for that reason I take my hat off to the magma boys who have got the idea of Sunday morning football down to a t.

cheers mate, we aint done to bad though, two finals and semi final (all be it a thrashing to the hands of you boys!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sparta parva friends or put hunters ?   sparta parva friends or put hunters ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sparta parva friends or put hunters ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2