Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

WHY DO REFS DO THIS?

Go down 
+5
Pete Waterman
OBSERVER
littlebigman
ben 10
mjsajs08
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Empty
PostSubject: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 3:42 pm

can some1 answer a question for me. why is it that some refs talk to you with attitude, but when you do it to them they wanna book you. surely we are allowed to ask questions?
Back to top Go down
ben 10

ben 10

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 3:58 pm

mjsajs08 wrote:
can some1 answer a question for me. why is it that some refs talk to you with attitude, but when you do it to them they wanna book you. surely we are allowed to ask questions?
here, here .., i think the do that coz all u get from everyone is "RESPECT THE MEN IN BLACK" all i can say is , wat about our respect ??????????????????????????? scratch
Back to top Go down
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

ben 10 wrote:
mjsajs08 wrote:
here, here .., i think the do that coz all u get from everyone is "RESPECT THE MEN IN BLACK" all i can say is , wat about our respect ??????????????????????????? scratch
It makes me laugh? Gt brought down 2day stonewall pen got nothin ask a question got pure attotude. Come on know if you want respect you have 2 show it
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:56 pm

mjsajs08 wrote:
ben 10 wrote:
mjsajs08 wrote:
It makes me laugh? Gt brought down 2day stonewall pen got nothin ask a question got pure attotude. Come on know if you want respect you have 2 show it
Show me a Ref who wants respect,what Refs want is players to accept their decisions and get on with the game,The FA are pushing respect,i say suit yourself just behave within the laws of the game,of course when you ask your question i'm sure you do it politely and it is the Refs fault for mistakenly thinking you are being dissentful!!!!
Back to top Go down
OBSERVER

OBSERVER

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:58 pm

[/quote]Show me a Ref who wants respect,what Refs want is players to accept their decisions and get on with the game,The FA are pushing respect,i say suit yourself just behave within the laws of the game,of course when you ask your question i'm sure you do it politely and it is the Refs fault for mistakenly thinking you are being dissentful!!!![/quote]

Spot on!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 8:27 pm

In all walks of life, you get good and bad people. There are some total c0ck5 playing football on a Sunday morning, but equally there are some referees that display arrogance and think they can speak to players how they like. I find it incredible that a referee can 'fine' me by showing me a yellow card and i have no right of appeal. In no other profession could this happen.

Unfortunately, referees are always in short supply whereas players are not. I think it comes down to the fact that i'd rather play football and get screwed over by the odd ref here and there rather than not have football at all.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 12:23 pm

Shut up!!read the rules before you kick a ball, don't like the rules?go play wwe..you can smack the ref on the nose in that game.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 4:46 pm

that hell boy is half the problem,,,,,,a lot of people involved in the game do not know recent changes in the laws,,,,some dont even know changes that happened a few years ago,,,,,,,this causes arguements as players think they are right,,,,and its very simple things like someone shouting leave it,,,,,ball leaving penalty area from a goal kick,,,,getting the wall back 10 yards,,,,even had its a direct free kick he has to shoot he cant pass it,,,,,,,,

but i do agree that a referee should show respect to players, and players show it back,,,,i had a captain the other week and he argued every decision and then made comments like oh yeah didnt think it would go our way,,,,,i suppose thats their throw,,,,,,oh yeah thought it would be,,,told him to stop and he turned and said i am captain i can question your decisions,,,,,well sorry being captain doesnt mean you can argue every decision,,,it means you assist the ref when he requires to calm players down,,,,,,certainly by all means ask the question of why the decision was given but constantly doing it every decision and comments in betwween can be dissent,,,,sometimes a ref will raise his voice to get a message across quickly but when generally talking to players should show respect,,and get it back
Back to top Go down
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 4:56 pm

man in black wrote:
that hell boy is half the problem,,,,,,a lot of people involved in the game do not know recent changes in the laws,,,,some dont even know changes that happened a few years ago,,,,,,,this causes arguements as players think they are right,,,,and its very simple things like someone shouting leave it,,,,,ball leaving penalty area from a goal kick,,,,getting the wall back 10 yards,,,,even had its a direct free kick he has to shoot he cant pass it,,,,,,,,

but i do agree that a referee should show respect to players, and players show it back,,,,i had a captain the other week and he argued every decision and then made comments like oh yeah didnt think it would go our way,,,,,i suppose thats their throw,,,,,,oh yeah thought it would be,,,told him to stop and he turned and said i am captain i can question your decisions,,,,,well sorry being captain doesnt mean you can argue every decision,,,it means you assist the ref when he requires to calm players down,,,,,,certainly by all means ask the question of why the decision was given but constantly doing it every decision and comments in betwween can be dissent,,,,sometimes a ref will raise his voice to get a message across quickly but when generally talking to players should show respect,,and get it back

All I ask is for a ref 2 b up with play so they can make the rite decision. Thn whn they make the wrong 1 an u ask them how they never seen it. An u get attitude. Cnt work refs out lol
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

mjsajs08 wrote:
man in black wrote:

All I ask is for a ref 2 b up with play so they can make the rite decision. Thn whn they make the wrong 1 an u ask them how they never seen it. An u get attitude. Cnt work refs out lol
If all you are so good why not become a ref and then your attitude might change cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 6:42 pm

Unfortunately a referee doesnt have time to judge each players personality, so they basically have to talk one way to everyone, and some refs believe thats by letting people know they are in charge and you cant quesiton them, others by chatting and talking you through the game which can be construed as weakness....at the end of the day, accept the decision and if you dont like it, put a report in and help the ref learn....we need them more than they need us chaps
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Unfortunately a referee doesnt have time to judge each players personality, so they basically have to talk one way to everyone, and some refs believe thats by letting people know they are in charge and you cant quesiton them, others by chatting and talking you through the game which can be construed as weakness....at the end of the day, accept the decision and if you dont like it, put a report in and help the ref learn....we need them more than they need us chaps
spot on mate
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

tulip wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
spot on mate

Tulip are you that little fat bald bloke, who's always down friar lane collecting the money?
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 3:08 pm

Hellboy wrote:
tulip wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
spot on mate

Tulip are you that little fat bald bloke, who's always down friar lane collecting the money?
Short answer NO. The gentleman collecting the money is of average build with a full head of hair and has something to do with Scrappy so who you are on about I have no idea
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 1:53 pm

tulip wrote:
mjsajs08 wrote:
man in black wrote:

If all you are so good why not become a ref and then your attitude might change cheers

Maybe because he doesn't want to be one. Whilst i don't condone violence or abuse to match officials, referees are paid to provide a service. The least they can do is smile and be approachable to the players that do want to play football and don't want to get involved in some of the nonsense that goes on. Unfortunately, a minority (and it is a minority) see it as an opportunity to abuse a position of power.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

Had a good one on Saturday. A team I was reffing were 2-1 down, and the hosts had got up to a lot of time wasting. I added on 6 minutes at the end. The team losing were unable to equalise and the last kick of the game resulted in a corner, but unfortunately time had run out and the watch was stopped at 52 minutes! One of the losing players was very unhappy I hadn't allowed the corner to be taken and insisted it was in the rules!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY DO REFS DO THIS?   WHY DO REFS DO THIS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHY DO REFS DO THIS?
Page 1 of 1