Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

New Players Wanted

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Players Wanted Empty
PostSubject: New Players Wanted   New Players Wanted Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 11:59 am

Hi all,
I know this is a Sunday league but I thought I'd post on here anyway, just in case there's any interest.

I am taking on a team in the Leicester District League next season (Saturday afternoons) and I am after any interested (dedicated) players - any age, position and ability. I am having to do some serious re-building and they are currently in Div 2 in that league.

I will be getting some other players in not this season but the one after, and once all together, we should be pushing to be in the senior league within 4-5 seasons from now (and I know that's a big ask, but with the plans lying in wait, it should be do-able!).

I don't want time-wasters who come to a pre-season training session, finds out there's proper training and fitness drills and thinks "sod this!" Rolling Eyes it's a great club to be involved in, training will be fun but very educational. For the opening season in charge, I am not setting any real targets other than to ensure we improve the players ability and enjoyment of the game - the second season is when it all starts and when I will likely be aiming to win the Division (whatever that happens to be Wink)

The team plays just down the A47 (close to Kirby Muxloe? Braunstone? that kind of area -- I'm not great with surrounding areas because I am not from there myself!)

Transport can be provided if you need it.

If anybody's interested, please feel free to send me a PM, letting me know your contact details and I will be in touch - you can ask me about anything I've not covered, I can give you details of pre-season training sessions which you're more than welcome to attend and/or participate, and if you like what you see then you're more than welcome to join us Smile As with every club there's players with more ability than others, but the commitment and enjoyment overall is there, as well as the willingness to learn and become a better player! The training sessions will not only be for the team, I will be assessing players and creating individual training targets etc so at the very least, the players enjoy themselves and they learn something with the time spent with me and the club.

Any questions about my qualifications are hopefully muted by stating what I possess at the time of writing this post:
FA Coaching Level 1
FA Coaching Level 2
FA Goalkeeping Coaching Level 1 (as well as plenty of practical experience gained from Russsell Hoult over a 2 season period, and the coaching received when I used to play in goal!)
Sports Psychology
Fitness and Physiotherapy
Emergency First Aid (although this and psychology come hand-in-hand with the FA Coaching Level 2 Wink)

If you want my number or email address to speak more on this, please PM me and I will give you my contact details.

Thanks (and sorry for the long story Embarassed)
Steve.
Back to top Go down

New Players Wanted
Page 1 of 1