Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 8 November

Go down 
+3
dave ash
the owl
Gordon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 8 November Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeSat 07 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm

The road to an Alliance final starts here - and ends for some - but for whom and how?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 4:48 pm

well rumours of our demise are highly exaggerated..... mowmacre 10 gt1 we are looking unstoppable going forward ,thats 4 great performances on the bounce despite losing narrowly to creation i count that game as the turning point,then we have hammered monsell wasps and a decent duke of rutland side in the county cup respectively ,,and totally dominant today so back on track

Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 8:11 pm

Who does the match reports ???

You mentioned a couple of giant killers in the Billy Walton but no mention of Tophouse (div8) beating Desford Page Plumbing  (Div 3) 5-4, i know you can not give everyone a mention but i thought they may of got a little mention in your right up.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2015, 8:34 am

Leicestershire Constabulary Reserves 1-3 Oak

Oak Scorers;
Gavin McFadyen
Tom Scott
John Bryne

Back to back wins for us now which is something we haven't don't for awhile.
We seem to want to give away the first goal in every match just lately though. Constab flew at us from the off and not for a double save from our keeper Craig Fetch we could of been 1-0 down even earlier. We started to wake up and were playing some decent stuff especially down the right wing. John Byrne had a well struck volley ruled out for a marginal off side call. But then Constab found a way through and went 1-0 up.
Some quick thinking from Striker Matt Copson helped get us back into the game with a quick corner taken with the Keeper out of position, and the ball found its way to right back Gavin McFadyen to hit a cracking goal into the corner from 25 yards. This was Gav's first for the club but also his first for almost 20 years!! Shame it took a deflection though.

Second half we seemed to outplay them all over the park and they only had the odd time of the chance of a counter attack. A John Byrne free kick was too hot for the keeper to handle and the ball found its way to Tom Scott to bury. Our new striker was also causing the Constab defence problems and it was only a matter of time before a third came. This came through good work from Joe DeVere-Hunt who was cleared up in the box with John Byrne cooly slotting away the resulting penalty.

All in all a good victory and nice to be in the hat for the next round. A lot of positives in the last couple of weeks not only through performances but also a couple of new signings and lads showing up. Would be nice to play the same team though 2 weeks on the bounce!

We look forward to playing Horse this week in a local derby!
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2015, 10:18 am

Gaunt 3 Sileby 3.

Draw a fair result. Another one of our lads gone straight to the royal with suspected broken foot, running on the ball no one near him, rotten luck with injuries at the moment. Another broke his leg at St Marks couple of weeks ago and told he can't play football again so been a tough few weeks for us.

Thanks to the Gaunt lads for helping out with the injury. Top club, always a good game between us 2 from the Charnwood days also.

Nice to see Div 1 very competitive also. 1 of 5 teams can win it
Back to top Go down
Coley21

Coley21

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2015, 8:04 pm

Mowmacre & Hoskins 10
GT 1

Always nice to play a former team, especially beating them the way we did after my unceremonious exit a few years ago haha
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2015, 2:08 pm

dave ash wrote:
Who does the match reports ???

You mentioned a couple of giant killers in the Billy Walton but no mention of Tophouse (div8) beating Desford Page Plumbing  (Div 3) 5-4, i know you can not give everyone a mention but i thought they may of got a little mention in your right up.

Your game WAS mentioned in the original report, as indeed was the gulf in the divisions between the 2 sides. I am not familiar with how it gets entered (i.e. if we have limited space) but another team also did not get a mention (that did in my original e-mail) who asked the same question.

well done on a superb result
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 November   Banter - Sunday 8 November Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 8 November
Page 1 of 1