Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 25 October

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 25 October Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 25 October   Banter - Sunday 25 October Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2015, 6:45 pm

Extra hour in bed.....but who was ready to kick off at 9.30am?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LakesideUtd

LakesideUtd

Banter - Sunday 25 October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 25 October   Banter - Sunday 25 October Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2015, 5:34 pm

Today we faced North Kilworth FC away, unfortunately the match official didn't turn up and they asked whether we would be able to officiate the match due to them only having 12 players to which we agreed.

I myself took up the role of refereeing the fixture, and whilst I know some of the decisions both for and against us I made mistakes, North Kilworth were kind enough not to complain with an understanding this is something I've never done before and purely doing it to ensure both teams get to enjoy playing football.

It is refreshing to play such a nice team, who despite being aware of some of the speculation surrounding us from last week, asked us to referee which I believe I did fairly (and I hope they did too!).

Lakeside United went on to win the game 5-3, following a bad start to the second half.

It just goes to show, not everyone believes all that they read and that we actually enjoy a good game of football.

This is both the first and last time I have spoken about the incident pending our hearing. I'd like to think we have remained professional and submitted our version of events to the FA on Monday without publicly slandering the opposition.

I'm sure once the hearing is heard, the truth will come out in the wash, and we can continue to enjoy playing teams in league.
Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 25 October
Page 1 of 1