Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - Sunday 8 March

Go down 
+10
phil_brown
Mat-92
TheSpecialOne
mowmacre fc
FriarLaneFC1
Huncote#9
King_Emile_WRFC
oily
Gordon
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter - Sunday 8 March  Empty
PostSubject: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2015, 6:46 pm

A hint of sun - are things warming up on the pitch too?

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 14 Mar 2015, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

monsell wmc 2 webbys 5
another good performance By us today
goals from Patrick 2 buggs gibbons and blake.
Back to top Go down
King_Emile_WRFC

King_Emile_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

Horse 2
Wigston Rangers 0

After Bees Knees' win today and our loss it looks like we will need several points from some tough games to avoid the dreaded bottom spot. Today was a matter of them simply wanting it more and us not being clinical enough in front of goal. We played some better stuff first half but they defended brilliantly and we didn't put our few chances away when we eventually broke them down. The game got a bit feisty but nothing untoward, all the best to Horse for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Huncote#9

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2015, 2:23 pm

Huncote 4-3 Athletic Blaby.

Got to our second final after a great win. Star of the show was Wes Johnson. Finished up with a hat trick but scored two free kicks - the second one was absolutely unreal. 30 yards out and couldn't have placed it in the top corner any better with his hands.

Anyway. Tough game on an absolutely pathetic pitch for a semi final. If there was snow you'd have thought it was a ski slope. Wasn't in the best condition either.

Blaby took the lead against the run of play but we replied pretty much straight back. 1-1 at half time and we had the advantage of the slope second half. We went 2-1 up through a free kick but blaby replied straight away with a scrambled goal.

An OG put us 3-2 back but minutes later Blaby were back level with a very special free kick off their own. A great strike from their lad.

Extra time looked likely but Wes piled in one of the best free kicks you will see with two minutes to go.

Although I thought we had the better of most of the game it could've gone either way due to how scrappy it was.

Still, delighted to be in another final in what's been a great season for us.
Back to top Go down
FriarLaneFC1

FriarLaneFC1

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm

Friar Lane 1
Kurt Butlin

Dukla St Andrews 0

This has to have been on of the biggest game this season for us, Friar needing a win to challenge for top spot. This was alway going to be a tense game for both teams and it showed from the start. First half seen many chances go astray would like to have seen the stats for this game. Friar pulling on the pressure with several corners going close only to be kept out by an on form keeper. 0-0 at half proved how much the teams didn't want to let this one slip up.
Friar still pushing for the goal left a couple of gaps at the back and a slip from the Centre back let Dukla in on goal for them to be meet by the keeper who held his own against a decent shot. Friar then went on to push more a could have easily had a penalty which the decided wasn't, ball come to the striker who has lined for an overhead get a man handled and dragged the player down, to everyone's surprise red waved play on, the pressure kept on by a determined Friar Lane several more corners and chances kept out by Dukla keeper. Another penalty shout went amiss when a shout came in and struck the defenders arm again could of been given another day. Both teams going for the much needed 3 points seen Friar have a goal not given even though it looked like the ball crossed the line with the red going to the linesmen to see he saw it cross Verdict no goal shame that goal line technology isn't at Sunday league yet. With the game coming into the last 10 min still at 0-0 and both teams needing just the one goal to seal it, there was still enough time for one last penalty shout with Friar star striker running at the defence was tackled unfairly but carried on into the box and was taken out in the box yet the Ref had pulled it up for the first tackle. So free kick given which the keeper saved well again.
At this point tempers risen big tackles going in just showed how much the teams wanted the points, one big 50/50 challenge went in from Friars striker which the Ref gave it Duklas way had everyone annoyed ending in a altercation which saw a player from both shown a yellow card. At this point if anyone was going to score it was going to be a scrappy goal, 1 minute left to play and Friar had another corner sending up all the big lads had Dukla on the back foot, cross comes in and the keeper gets to it before anyone else but flaps at it and it drops kindly to Nathan Butlin who heads it towards goal for Kurt Butlin to get an extra touch to get it past the player on the line. 1-0 Friar and only 30 secs to go prompts celebrations for the lads at friar. Dukla attacking and Friar defence holding their line till the final whistle.
A well earnt 3 points see Friar Lanes challenge on the title turn in their favour with Vale still to play all Friar need to do is win the remaining games. Would like to say we'll played to the Dukla lads especially their keeper who kept them in the game till the final seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

An unacceptable post has been removed

There are accepted procedures in place and I suggest you utilise those channels to make your comments
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2015, 7:28 pm

Won 4-3
Vs royal oak
What a game for neutral
On a teribble bobbly cut up pitch game was all about battling and hard work

Credit to royal oak for a great game keeper was great saved loads and maybe poss broke his ribs on 55th min

Some comments before about how dirty royal have been poss could have one lad sent off but there most old mistime tackles solid not dirty

But to the game couldn't get that second goal and after chance after chance oak grabbed a goal and seemed very up for a scrap
10mins into 1st half we had quite few chances but couldn't score oak went up other end and scored 10mins later ball drop inside there own half and from 60yards oak player lobbed our keeper 3-1
They thought they won and we knew there was 15-20 mins left put pressure on for last 15 and was always going to score just how many and finally Makke Adams pops up with last 4mins winner
Hard work onto next week tough semi final vs barcabullona
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 8:10 am

Oak 3-4 Mowmacre

Scorers - Matt Copson, Daniel Maxwell, Chris Love

My M.O.M Daniel Maxwell

Was pleased to see a performance like this from us. Competed all over the park against a very very good team who will do well in the top league next season.

We reverted to a flat back four yesterday and seemed to click and having Montoto at the back organising worked wonders. Chris Love was also back making a rare appearance and was a threat upfront on the break.

We defended fairly well in the opening exchanges but a free Kick 25yards out or so led to Mowmacre taking the lead. Expertly dispatched past our keeper. It seems that we have to go a goal down every week for us to wake up. Mowmacre continued to press first half and opened us up a couple of times but were denied either by our Keeper or a marginal offside call. But we managed to hit back from a corner. Tom Scott rose highest and his header seemed to of beat the Keeper only for the Goal Poacher that is Matt Copson sneaked in and forced it over the line.

We went into half time relatively positive at 1-1 and we knew we had to keep it tight after the restart. But Mowmacre came out and kept creating opportunities. Our Keeper injured his ribs in the process of keeping Mowmacre strikers at bay. But played on heroically for the last half hour.
We managed to go infront with Jay Oliver breaking from midfield and having his ankles clipped in the box. Up stepped Dan Maxwell to stroke the ball in to the net.
Chris Love was then in on the act scoring a spectacular lob from 10 yards inside his own half.
20 mins left and Mowmacre piled on the pressure and brought the game back to 3-3. If there was going to be another goal it would be from the away side.
And they capitalised in the final five minutes to send them away with the 3points.

Felt we deserved a sneaky draw after that performance but all credit to Mowmacre, they're the kind of games that win you titles.

I felt the referee had a hard game to ref as tackles from both teams were flying in but I think he got most right. Also nice to be a Linesman and not be subjected to 90minutes worth of abuse.

All the best for remainder of your season Mowmacre.
Back to top Go down
TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 9:40 am

Can Someone Please explain how grabbing a player round the throat isn't a straight red card?
The guy never even got a yellow

Referee's aren't doing themselves justice this season, being tricked into awarding penalties for blatant diving
Back to top Go down
Mat-92

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 10:15 am

TheSpecialOne wrote:
Can Someone Please explain how grabbing a player round the throat isn't a straight red card?

Referee's aren't doing themselves justice this season, being tricked into awarding penalties for blatant diving

I was lucky enough to see your post before it was deleted, shame really as I spoke to a few of your lads after the game and they said it was a good game n wished us all the best. Sour grapes springs to mind? I didn't see a post on here when you beat us both times at your place also did you see myself moaning about the goal where the ball never crossed the line? From my point of view it was a great game both teams working really hard and compared to some games this season I don't think there was that many bad tackles neither. As for the hands bags situation it was a one off heated moment and I think ' grabbing him by the throat ' is a bit over the top don't you think?
Back to top Go down
TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 10:19 am

Mat-92 wrote:
TheSpecialOne wrote:

I was lucky enough to see your post before it was deleted, shame really as I spoke to a few of your lads after the game and they said it was a good game n wished us all the best. Sour grapes springs to mind? I didn't see a post on here when you beat us both times at your place also did you see myself moaning about the goal where the ball never crossed the line? From my point of view  it was a great game both teams working really hard and compared to some games this season I don't think there was that many bad tackles neither. As for the hands bags situation it was a one off heated moment and I think ' grabbing him by the throat ' is a bit over the top don't you think?

Not sour grapes at all, but you all just think you can bully people, your players intimidated the referee from the start which caused him to give a blatant dive as a penalty which your player even admitted to straight after it was given
So what would you call a player putting his hands up to anothers neck then?
Back to top Go down
Mat-92

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 10:27 am

TheSpecialOne wrote:
Mat-92 wrote:
TheSpecialOne wrote:

I was lucky enough to see your post before it was deleted, shame really as I spoke to a few of your lads after the game and they said it was a good game n wished us all the best. Sour grapes springs to mind? I didn't see a post on here when you beat us both times at your place also did you see myself moaning about the goal where the ball never crossed the line? From my point of view  it was a great game both teams working really hard and compared to some games this season I don't think there was that many bad tackles neither. As for the hands bags situation it was a one off heated moment and I think ' grabbing him by the throat ' is a bit over the top don't you think?

Not sour grapes at all, but you all just think you can bully people, your players intimidated the referee from the start which caused him to give a blatant dive as a penalty which your player even admitted to straight after it was given

It was a penalty simple as that, first challenge his caught his leg which left him stumbling but the second challenge your player won the ball so my guess would be he gave the penalty for the first challenge. From what I saw it was a push in retaliation, good luck in the final eh.
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 10:51 am

Aths 7 Humberstone 1,

Really decent result for us, Humberstone have gave us a good test in the past 2 weeks playing back to back. Took the lead & they equalized shortly after. Pitch wasn't at it's best, could of done with a little bit of rain as it was a bit hard but 2nd half we attacked really well and created some good moves. Starting to hit a little bit of form ahead of April 2nd. Real pleasure to have Martin Dexter as the man in the middle also.
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Oak 3-4 Mowmacre

My M.O.M Daniel Maxwell

Was pleased to see a performance like this from us. Competed all over the park against a very very good team who will do well in the top league next season.

We reverted to a flat back four yesterday and seemed to click and having Montoto at the back organising worked wonders. Chris Love was also back making a rare appearance and was a threat upfront on the break.

We defended fairly well in the opening exchanges but a free Kick 25yards out or so led to Mowmacre taking the lead. Expertly dispatched past our keeper. It seems that we have to go a goal down every week for us to wake up. Mowmacre continued to press first half and opened us up a couple of times but were denied either by our Keeper or a marginal offside call. But we managed to hit back from a corner. Tom Scott rose highest and his header seemed to of beat the Keeper only for the Goal Poacher that is Matt Copson sneaked in and forced it over the line.

We went into half time relatively positive at 1-1 and we knew we had to keep it tight after the restart. But Mowmacre came out and kept creating opportunities. Our Keeper injured his ribs in the process of keeping Mowmacre strikers at bay. But played on heroically for the last half hour.
We managed to go infront with Jay Oliver breaking from midfield and having his ankles clipped in the box. Up stepped Dan Maxwell to stroke the ball in to the net.
Chris Love was then in on the act scoring a spectacular lob from 10 yards inside his own half.
20 mins left and Mowmacre piled on the pressure and brought the game back to 3-3. If there was going to be another goal it would be from the away side.
And they capitalised in the final five minutes to send them away with the 3points.

Felt we deserved a sneaky draw after that performance but all credit to Mowmacre, they're the kind of games that win you titles.

I felt the referee had a hard game to ref as tackles from both teams were flying in but I think he got most right. Also nice to be a Linesman and not be subjected to 90minutes worth of abuse.

id agree you probably deserved a point for a great effort by your lot, thats probably been our hardest game for a while.
wasnt easy for the ref was it?some meaty challenges going in all game,i notice you didnt mention the great save from your other keeper lol, ref said he was unsighted so fair enough.
i know youve had a tough season but you must be heartened by that performance good luck lads.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 11:35 am

the owl wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Oak 3-4 Mowmacre

My M.O.M Daniel Maxwell

id agree you probably deserved a point for a great effort by your lot, thats probably been our hardest game for a while.
wasnt easy for the ref was it?some meaty challenges going in all game,i notice you didnt mention the great save from your other keeper lol, ref said he was unsighted so fair enough.
i know youve had a tough season but you must be heartened by that performance good luck lads.

Was the save of the season mate! I was unsighted slightly myself but could tell he had saved it with his hand but I suppose u cant give what you do not see 100%.
Yes very happy with yesterdays performance. I just hope we can take that into the last 3 games.
Good Luck with the rest of your season! You should finish the job off soon and be crowned worthy Champions in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SuecastleFC

SuecastleFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 11:59 am

Wigston Plough Rovers 1-3 Suecastle

After 3 defeats this really was a must win game for us and we got the job done despite being short on a number of regulars and being forced to play an adapted formation. With the exception of a couple of bad tackles flying in during the first half the game was generally played in the right spirit and it was enjoyable to be a part of.

Playing up top on his own, a really clinical Jack Hirst did the damage for us, netting a hatrick from only a handful of chances. We managed to restrict the WPR attack to little in the way of clear chances and this was a big factor in the win as it was a close match and one that we were all extremely happy to come away with the points from.

Thanks very much to the Wigston Plough Rovers lads and good luck for the remainder of the season.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 3:57 pm

Mat-92 wrote:
TheSpecialOne wrote:
Mat-92 wrote:
TheSpecialOne wrote:

It was a penalty simple as that, first challenge his caught his leg which left him stumbling but the second challenge your player won the ball so my guess would be he gave the penalty for the first challenge. From what I saw it was a push in retaliation, good luck in the final eh.

this is why posts about referees on the forum will be removed. two wildly differing opinions about the game from each side. one man thinking a referee having a bad game may be met with another thinking they had a good game.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
the owl wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Oak 3-4 Mowmacre

My M.O.M Daniel Maxwell

Was the save of the season mate! I was unsighted slightly myself but could tell he had saved it with his hand but I suppose u cant give what you do not see 100%.
Yes very happy with yesterdays performance. I just hope we can take that into the last 3 games.
Good Luck with the rest of your season! You should finish the job off soon and be crowned worthy Champions in my opinion.

a cracking game which demonstrates why the alliance league is the best sunday league by far. Don't think the Oak expected anything from the game, and I'm sure Mowmacre may not have expected such a tough game either, although they certainly were not disrespectful or complacent where their opponents were concerned. Felt at one point the Oak may have gone on to get a point - but at 3-1 down you saw what Mowmacre were made of and why they will be worthy and deserving winners of the title. They simply got the ball down and kept playing, and were a class act in the last 15 - although it is possible the Oak felt Mowmacre would maybe not manage to come back from 3-1 down. Two brilliant sets of lads who are a credit to the league. Many sides in the Oak's position would have folded by now, whilst Mowmacre have no prima donnas and are a well run club.

As a referee, I did indeed miss the 'hand ball' - the reaction of the players told me it was the case - but although I had my whistle ready I simply could not blow for a reaction if I didn't see the incident myself. All through the second half the players got more involved, pumped up and competitive. Tried to let common sense prevail - the lad in the first half could have gone but I felt that would have been a bit harsh whilst let some verbals go as and when the goals went in.

a pleasure to be involved in what was arguably the game of the season, and as I said, two very good footballing sides from both sides of the coin this season, and a massive asset to the league.
Back to top Go down
Mat-92

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2015, 9:54 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Mat-92 wrote:
TheSpecialOne wrote:
Mat-92 wrote:
TheSpecialOne wrote:

this is why posts about referees on the forum will be removed. two wildly differing opinions about the game from each side. one man thinking a referee having a bad game may be met with another thinking they had a good game.

I wouldn't say the ref had a good game but I wont come on here and slag him off as we are all human and everyone makes mistakes, its certainly a job I wouldn't want to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - Sunday 8 March    Banter - Sunday 8 March  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - Sunday 8 March
Page 1 of 1