HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 25 March

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 25 March Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

The loss of an hour - how has that affected your performance?

Last edited by Gordon on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

NRI epworth called off as epworth couldn't field a team, they assure me they are not folding. Also brand new matchball stolen from our changing room as well. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 1:18 pm

Harrow 1-1 Kajima

A good game between two gud sides i think a draw was defo a fair result, kajima were the better team first half and we were better team second half, we will take a point with the players we were missing see u in the return boys..... and would also like to say well done to the ref today who was really gud.
Back to top Go down
Joey-Gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

AZ 0 - 3 Thurmaston 2011

Terrible performance, few players missing including myself but the players on the pitch should of been capable of getting a result, but we looked like we didn't know each other out there. Fair play to thurmo though have improved a lot and played some tidy football, could have been a lot more but our keeper pulled off loadsa saves. We only had 2or3 chances but we didn't look like or even deserve any points today, not happy.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

Widds wrote:
NRI epworth called off as epworth couldn't field a team, they assure me they are not folding. Also brand new matchball stolen from our changing room as well. Cheers

I'll bring you a couple next week, where are you playing?
Back to top Go down
Jwithers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

Lda 2 - 6 st marks first half wasn't a great performance, manager gave us all a good talking to and telling off which boosted us and we played like a different team. Lda didn't give up and are a good bunch. Like to say the ref we had was quality best yet!
Back to top Go down
Kilworthsunday

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Well done to Bees today, wanted it more than us. A lot of long ball, granted but they used it and it worked. We couldnt stop them. Scoreline probably flattered us; i'd say we probably had 2 more chances, the couldve had 10 i reckon.

Seems we dont fancy a trip to pick up winners trophies again this year Razz
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 2:32 pm

Kilworthsunday wrote:
Well done to Bees today, wanted it more than us. A lot of long ball, granted but they used it and it worked. We couldnt stop them. Scoreline probably flattered us; i'd say we probably had 2 more chances, the couldve had 10 i reckon.

After last week I'd expect you to be on form. Were u missing players or were Bees knees on their game today?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
Kilworthsunday wrote:

After last week I'd expect you to be on form. Were u missing players or were Bees knees on their game today?

very shocked by this result said they wer short against us but hammerd us 7-2 , then they have a full team today lost to bees knees . summit weird going on check team sheets ! lol

nothing against bees knees there congrats on the win cheers
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Kilworthsunday wrote:

very shocked by this result said they wer short against us but hammerd us 7-2 , then they have a full team today lost to bees knees . summit weird going on check team sheets ! lol

nothing against bees knees there congrats on the win cheers

I get the impression Browney's as fair as the come..... off the pitch that is lol.
He does make a lot of noise when he think he's been fouled or dives but other then that I can't see he cheating lol.

Bees knees can be a good team when all there lads turn up but they always seem to be missing a least a player or two.
A good result for us but the title is Hoskins to lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 3:08 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

I'll bring you a couple next week, where are you playing?

must win game against reem
Back to top Go down
lingers

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 3:10 pm

Well happy with the result today fair enough mdh had a fair bit of the ball but that's no good when u can't Finnish.
We hav no and I mean no strikers in our team the lad that would of bagged a hatful got injured 1st game of the season bin out since so thanks to my lads who have done their best up front.

At the end of the day we took the chances we got given and in my opinion we defended well.

Fair play to mdh they saw a lot of the ball and seem a good bunch of lads hope the lad who got injured is ok

Quick comment on the ref did well I think had a lot of drunk moaning 'men' to deal with well reffed.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

Kirby Muxloe v Magna 73 was postponed today as Magna couldn't raise a team.

We had 13 at 8:00am this morning, 4 just didnt turn up with no notification and the other made up a pathetic excuse.

If ever I was having 2nd doubts that I made the wrong decision in leaving, they were quickly dispelled by this debarcle.

Complete s**thouses the 5 lads are, not even having the common f*****g courtousy to say I'm not coming, total pricks.

I feel sorry for Kirby Muxloe, who were up for the game and had a good squad, we turned up but with only 8. Once again I apologies to Kirby Muxloe.

This will cost us alot of money, 2pts and the 5 players involved WILL share the fine.

It gets better by the way, Advance next week

Can not wait for next season with S&G now.

Back to top Go down
Kilworthsunday

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 3:25 pm

We had 12 today, with one lad having to leave early. had to use our only sub early in the first half as our defender has done his ankle ligaments. has a balloon for an ankle. Played some of it with 10 men, but still they created more chances and tbf took them well.
Seem to up our game for the bigger games; so hopefully can take points off the bigger teams.
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 4:38 pm

We had 2 injured on pitch, amongst the ten and had 2 keepers playing. Maybe we should have put them both In goal lol.
But to be fair it isn't bees knees fault that we let ourselves down. We were short vs Hoskins but tried and today we sulked and if it wasn't for the 52 year old Jenkins in goal, would have conceded ten.
Bees knees beat what was in front of them, well done boys.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 4:40 pm

Just a bad hair day rich
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 4:40 pm

Ps Nick, I will get the speedo's and goggles ready for when we come to you. Diving?! Clumsy and unbalanced, more like haha
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

Yeah Capello, bloody forgot to do it. Threw the rest of the lads right out haha

I am sure that you know pedro and it's is him who put you up to it! If I am correct, ask him why he thought arranging a golf day and taking 6 squad members was a good idea for today
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

Don't know pedro bud. Don't know anyone from kilworth.Six finger land
Disclaimer: (All comments made by me are my thoughts only and not influenced by anybody else).
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 5:14 pm

Mivan 1 AFC Sporting 0

We owed Sporting one from the last time we played them. We dominated from start to finish and never looked in trouble. Defensively we were sound and never really troubled. We took the lead mid way through the first, and never looked back. Still missing chances though.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

NPE wrapped up the league with a hard fought win over friar lane who were much improved from last time we played them. It was a very even first half with us going in 1-0 up but friar lane had a few good chances. Second half we picked it up and Candy got his hat trick. Well done to all the lads who have been involved in winning the league.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

Rwhite08 wrote:
NPE wrapped up the league with a hard fought win over friar lane who were much improved from last time we played them. It was a very even first half with us going in 1-0 up but friar lane had a few good chances. Second half we picked it up and Candy got his hat trick. Well done to all the lads who have been involved in winning the league.
Congratulations from all at White Eagles, you fully deserve it and your a good bunch of lads. Best of luck for next season and enjoy your celebrations!
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

Capello wrote:
Don't know pedro bud. Don't know anyone from kilworth.Six finger land
Disclaimer: (All comments made by me are my thoughts only and not influenced by anybody else).

We say the same!
Our players are from leicester, narborough, Harborough, kibworth and mainly Lutterworth.. We don't have one local
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm

Thanks eagles you gave us to really good close games. Think you will be up there next season.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 12:22 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

We had 13 at 8:00am this morning, 4 just didnt turn up with no notification and the other made up a pathetic excuse.

If ever I was having 2nd doubts that I made the wrong decision in leaving, they were quickly dispelled by this debarcle.

Complete s**thouses the 5 lads are, not even having the common f*****g courtousy to say I'm not coming, total pricks.

I feel sorry for Kirby Muxloe, who were up for the game and had a good squad, we turned up but with only 8. Once again I apologies to Kirby Muxloe.

This will cost us alot of money, 2pts and the 5 players involved WILL share the fine.

Kev I am sorry but cant but laugh at this comment! All of the management knew what the players were like they had at the start of the season but the management still persisted with them, and without knowing which players turned up but to me its weak management that has stuck by these players especially with getting rid of comitted players and a few comitted players leaving for other reasons e.g grady

But I wish you well in the future but I cant say the same for magna as this is there own doing
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 8:11 am

LDA 2 - 6 St Marks

Well it was nice to finally get our mid season blip out the way! Very scrappy game we scored 3 free kicks one being from about 70 yards and the being a thunderbolt, credit to LDA kept battling for 90 mins but id say a well deserved win for us and im sure they would agree, look forward to the return leg and now were all set for the final on Friday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 8:45 am

Jenko wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

Kev I am sorry but cant but laugh at this comment! All of the management knew what the players were like they had at the start of the season but the management still persisted with them, and without knowing which players turned up but to me its weak management that has stuck by these players especially with getting rid of comitted players and a few comitted players leaving for other reasons e.g grady

But I wish you well in the future but I cant say the same for magna as this is there own doing

But presumably these same players were there every week last season so what changed?

Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

CSKA Reserves 0 - Humberstone 2000 - 2

a well fought game in some glorious sun but at the end of the day it was all about taking chances. Humberstone had 4 or 5 clear cut chances and took 2 of them. Carnabys had maybe 7 or 8 decent chances but just couldnt get that shot away. our best chance came in the first half when the keeper was chipped but a centre back cleared off his own line. Humbo manager and the ref both said we deserved something from the game, it's no consolation as we still lost but there are plenty of things to build on as the week before Wigston tonked us 11-0. work rate from all the lads was excellent and our CM Collywood even managed a shot on target in the first half! think of the positives!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:19 am

Quote :
But presumably these same players were there every week last season so what changed?

Magna 73 Rangers is currently on life support. We will finish bottom of the division as I can not see us getting any points from the last 4 games. Basically, the lads involved won't play for Magna again, well I hope they don't, if they do then Magna will continue to be rubbish.

What I would say is this - look at the Premier Division table. There is nothing between ourselves and Sparta Moshdock in terms of ability on the field. Results between us prove there is little between us, yet Moshdock sit top and we sit 3rd bottom and will finish bottom.

The Difference?? Committed players.

The players involved really need to grow up, they go out EVERY saturday night, they think its cool to have one night stands with girls, they have been modacudled all there life with everything done for them by mummy and daddy, one of the lads in question crashed his car - within 2 weeks, Daddy had bought him a new one, Daddy even got him a job. These guys have ZERO responsibilities. As far as I'm concerned I am washing my hands of them but its my brother who is the manager and its up to him

The fine we get will be shared between the 5 lads involved, with 10 days to pay the f****r otherwise they are suspended, I don't care anymore, if there not interested in helping me out, why should I bother helping them out by paying a fine which is entirely down to them.

Can not wait for next season now. Gutted Star & Garter didn't get to the Arthur Moore Cup final, sounds like they played well but Andy Taylor was on good form - as he was against us.

As for Magna next season?? The manager is getting a season ticket at Liverpool, with Liverpool in the Europa League, there are going to be a few Sunday's he can not make it, so Magna are likely to be without a manager. I'm also leaving and Jukes the assistant will probably go if me or my brother are not there. Magna will then lose Lee Tyers, Danny Baines, Tom Cartwright, Steve Oliff as these players are committed to my brother and probably unlikely to play for anyone else. With the rest either not good enough or committed enough, the writing is on the wall.

I'll keep you posted though on any news regarding Magna.
Back to top Go down
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:39 am

Just like to say I'm well chuffed with our lads from yesterday, make no doubt about it star and garter are a alliance league force and are gonna be a real force in the prem next year, but I thought we just about deserved it yesterday. Also gutted 2 hear bout magna I no there manager and he's a sound bloke and don't deserve to b messed about, just hope they finish the season as its massivellly important 2 us. Then Kev and rob can f!!!!!k the divvys off
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:

As for Magna next season?? The manager is getting a season ticket at Liverpool, with Liverpool in the Europa League.

A liverpool fan....YUK!!!!!........... Wink

Skeems asks his mum where his new Liverpool top is.
I washed it and it's drying on the line.
Skeems rushes to the window only to see his beloved Liverpool top lying in the mud.
"Mum, why is my Liverpool top in the mud?"
His mum looks out of the window and shouts, "The thieving gits have nicked the pegs again!"

Good luck Magna hope you manage to sort your problems out.
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
Harrow 1-1 Kajima

A good game between two gud sides i think a draw was defo a fair result, kajima were the better team first half and we were better team second half, we will take a point with the players we were missing see u in the return boys..... and would also like to say well done to the ref today who was really gud.
I'd say this was a fair evaluation second half was just one way traffic I was bloody knackered!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Magna 73 Rangers is currently on life support. We will finish bottom of the division as I can not see us getting any points from the last 4 games. Basically, the lads involved won't play for Magna again, well I hope they don't, if they do then Magna will continue to be rubbish.

What I would say is this - look at the Premier Division table. There is nothing between ourselves and Sparta Moshdock in terms of ability on the field. Results between us prove there is little between us, yet Moshdock sit top and we sit 3rd bottom and will finish bottom.

The Difference?? Committed players.

The players involved really need to grow up, they go out EVERY saturday night, they think its cool to have one night stands with girls, they have been modacudled all there life with everything done for them by mummy and daddy, one of the lads in question crashed his car - within 2 weeks, Daddy had bought him a new one, Daddy even got him a job. These guys have ZERO responsibilities. As far as I'm concerned I am washing my hands of them but its my brother who is the manager and its up to him

The fine we get will be shared between the 5 lads involved, with 10 days to pay the f****r otherwise they are suspended, I don't care anymore, if there not interested in helping me out, why should I bother helping them out by paying a fine which is entirely down to them.

Can not wait for next season now. Gutted Star & Garter didn't get to the Arthur Moore Cup final, sounds like they played well but Andy Taylor was on good form - as he was against us.

As for Magna next season?? The manager is getting a season ticket at Liverpool, with Liverpool in the Europa League, there are going to be a few Sunday's he can not make it, so Magna are likely to be without a manager. I'm also leaving and Jukes the assistant will probably go if me or my brother are not there. Magna will then lose Lee Tyers, Danny Baines, Tom Cartwright, Steve Oliff as these players are committed to my brother and probably unlikely to play for anyone else. With the rest either not good enough or committed enough, the writing is on the wall.

I'll keep you posted though on any news regarding Magna.

very well put Kev, and this goes hand in hand with what many of us were saying on the DME folding thread the other week - there is NOTHING the league can do about lack of commitment from players. Personally, I think having 'ponces' in ones team is all down to the club concerned. Everyone does things their own way, but from my perspective, certainly prima donnas at Polska do not last very long and don't hang around. Shame and gutted for you lot really, we were in your shoes 3 years ago but fortunately we had enough genuine lads to see us through our fixture commitments. The Sky TV generation are now blighting Sunday morning football where winning is suddenly everything and some (not all) will disappear at the drop of a hat if a) their team lose, b) they get subbed or heaven forbid don't start a game or c) they get asked to pay their subs.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 2:00 pm

KAJI-MACHINE wrote:
harrow hotshot wrote:
Harrow 1-1 Kajima

I'd say this was a fair evaluation second half was just one way traffic I was bloody knackered!!

lol makes two of us :-)
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 2:16 pm

Gordon wrote:
The loss of an hour - how has that affected your performance?

Sad to see, hope they can pull together and re group at the end of the season... Their sec is a good bloke and hope for his sake they can sort it out... We have them next up..
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 2:17 pm

Woops, supposed to quote the face Blaby didnt have enough players yesterday.. FAIL
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

A.F.C Royal Oak 2 - 0 The Wheel
Pretty comfortable win really. The wheel hassled and harried us for the first 30mins and had a couple of openings. We were pretty poor compared to our recent performances but played within ourselves and managed to sneak a goal before half time. A fine poachers effort from Dan Maxwell from a yard out.
We upped it slightly in the second half and scored a good break away goal through Darren Jones, with a one on one their was only one winner.
The wheel put some awful challenges in. 2 could of been leg breakers but the referee missed these.
Happy with the Win and our recent form! 2 more points to guarantee us 3rd place which is a great achievement after the last couple of years we have had!

Congratulations again to NPE on your title winning season! Been by far the most consistant team in the division. Also to Hotshots on your much deserved promotion!
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

Cheers buddy. And well done on a good season.
Back to top Go down
Glenfield Town

Glenfield Town

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

Glenfield Town Sunday 1 v 0 Advance Couriers

I don't usually bother with match reports but after yesterday's game I've decided to

Firstly the game was made very difficult for us from the beginning. The referee arrived at 10.15 and waited in his dressing room while both teams were warming up, naming starting line ups, pumping up match balls, putting out corner flags, pegging goals etc. The ref then came out of his dressing room a couple of minutes before 10.30. He called over both captains and linesmen and spoke to them for about five minutes. Unfortunately both teams had forgotten to give him the names of the subs. Most refs on Sundays only ask for the names as players come on. Anyone with a bit of common sense would of mentioned to the captains that we have forgotten to give the names. This particular ref decided that he would keep it to himself and after 10 minutes when we needed a sub he was delighted to announce our mistake. He seemed to take great pleasure in announcing that neither team were going to be making any subs. Even though both teams agreed we had forgot and were both happy to name them after the start of the game. I know it is down to the clubs to provide the names prior to the game and this is usually left to the managers to sort out but there are so many other things to think about before a game kicks off sometimes people make mistakes and a bit of common sense and a quiet word in the right direction from the ref would of resolved the problem instantly.

Anyway back the the game, it kicked off and Glenfield started very brightly keeping possession when we needed too and closing Advance down pretty fast when we lost possession. We had a couple of early half chances within the first 5 minutes or so and in my opinion looked the stronger side early on. Jack Lane and Adam Parry in particular started strongly. The Advance management were heard shouting "Your not even getting near them yet" Advance then started to play a bit too and managed to create a couple of chances of their own, Ryan Ogden found himself in space just inside our box but struck the ball a bit too sweetly as is went straight at our keeper Aaron Hayward. Stacey Corre then broke clear and again Aaron was on hand to block the one on one chance. This is where our troubles started as Jack Lane went down injured after just 10 minutes , having pulled his groin and unable to continue the "Sub naming saga began". The Advance management team were trying to reason with the ref to allow us to make a sub but to no avail as he stuck to his guns and became very stubborn. We continued with 10 men and although Advance had more possession we were by no means out of the game. We had 3 or 4 more half chances but they all lacked that final bit of quality. I can't really remember anymore clear cut chances for Advance in the first half as we limited them to possession just outside the danger area. Advance slung a long ball into the box and Ogden went down holding his head looked in quite some pain, the referee waved play on even though we were telling him it's a head injury. Jake Limbert unsure whether to play on or not finally tapped the ball out so that Ogden could receive treatment. Our troubles then got even worse after just 25 minutes when Josh Swain suffered a nasty looking gash just above his eye following a header. Again the referee seemed reluctant to stop play even though it was a clear head injury. Finally when he saw blood all over Josh's face he blew his whistle. Unable to continue and off down to the Royal for stitches. Again we asked the ref to use his common sense and allow us to make a sub but he declined. We reshuffled to 4-3-1 and dug deep for the last 20 minutes of the half, Advance also reshuffled to a more attacking 4-4-2. Again by no means were we out of the game at this point as we were still creating chances and defending strongly against odds.

Half Time 0 - 0

We spoke at half time and decided not to feel sorry for ourselves but to go out for the second half and give everything we had for 45 minutes and see if we could some how keep a clean sheet.
The second half kicked off pretty similar to how the first half had ended, very open, Advance being allowed to play with the ball in their half but as soon as they got in our half we closed them down and tried to stop the crosses and balls into our box. Advances game plan seemed to be to attack us down the wings were they had extra men with the full backs overlapping and then get crosses into the box. This seemed to play right into our hands as we were able to read where the ball was going and stop the crosses. Nick Varnam, Adam Parry and myself cutting out as many crosses as we could. Those that we were unable to stop found the head of our two centre halves Rob Charles and Wes Gibson, these two didn't loose a single header all game and both were contenders for man of the match. Stacey Corre then seemed to pick up an injury and rather than go off sat a bit deeper in midfield. Advance then started throwing everything they could at us and had their two best efforts of the game. Wayne Dean with a header at the back post looked goal bound before somehow Aaron Hayward with a bit of a worldy point blank reaction save tipped it wide. Ryan Ogden then had a shot which although it was going just wide Hayward unsure and tipped it around the post to make sure. Adam Parry on the counter attack for us found himself one on one with Jake Greives but couldn't quite lift the ball over Jake as he had gone to ground a bit too early. Spurred on by this attempt we now realised that we were not only playing for 1 point but could also some how nick all 3. Another speculative long ball from us, which Joe Thomas had been chasing after tirelessly all game, some how wriggled free from the defender and Joe was able to pull it square to the screaming Paul Pallett just outside the Advances box, Pallett took one touch to the get the ball out from under his feet and then curled the ball around the outstretched arms of Jake and nestled the ball in the top corner GOAL 1 - 0.

Now with 20 minutes plus stoppages left we had to use every bit of experience we had. Slowing the game down, not giving away soft free kicks in the wrong areas and most of all defending as a unit from the front. Joe had somehow injured himself winning the ball before Palletts goal but continued and chased every lost cause. Mitch Willott, Paul Pallett and Adam Parry the three midfielders never stopped running and closing down the Advance midfield. And the back four Nick Varnam, Wes Gibson, Rob Charles and myself winning every header, tackle and block. Aaron also making one or two more saves. The best chance then fell for Advance when Ogden drove down the right wing to the byline and pulled the ball back to Wayne Dean who's back heel flick drifted just wide of the post. Three or Four corners came and went for Advancd every one met the head of Rob Charles or Wes Gibson. Jake Limbert tried to shoot from just outside the 18 yard box but again Mitch Willott and myself were able to block the shot. Advance put everything they could forward reshuffled to 3 - 4 - 3 but still could not find a way through the Glenfield defence.

The final whistle could not come any sooner for us and when it did come you'd of though we had just won the league. Advance were gratious in defeat and congratulated us on our efforts.

A great victory for us probably the best in our clubs 11 years history. It will be spoken about for years to come.

Everyone at Glenfield can be proud of ourselves after that performance including the unlucky four subs who were unable to play. Steve Gretton, Andy Buckle, Joe Bulter and Wayne Calver all showed great attitudes after realising they would not be taking part in the game.

And finally my Man of the match - Adam Parry - never stopped running at Advance even though he didn't have many options to pass too.

Last edited by Glenfield Town on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/glenfieldtownsunday
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:02 pm

Glenfield Town wrote:
Glenfield Town Sunday 1 v 0 Advance Couriers

I don't usually bother with match reports but after yesterday's game I've decided to

Firstly the game was made very difficult for us from the beginning. The referee arrived at 10.15 and waited in his dressing room while both teams were warming up, naming starting line ups, pumping up match balls, putting out corner flags, pegging goals etc. The ref then came out of his dressing room a couple of minutes before 10.30. He called over both captains and linesmen and spoke to them for about five minutes. Unfortunately both teams had forgotten to give him the names of the subs. Most refs on Sundays only ask for the names as players come on. Anyone with a bit of common sense would of mentioned to the captains that we have forgotten to give the names. This particular ref decided that he would keep it to himself and after 10 minutes when we needed a sub he was delighted to announce our mistake. He seemed to take great pleasure in announcing that neither team were going to be making any subs. Even though both teams agreed we had forgot and were both happy to name them after the start of the game. I know it is down to the clubs to provide the names prior to the game and this is usually left to the managers to sort out but there are so many other things to think about before a game kicks of sometimes people make mistakes and a bit of common sense and a quiet word in the right direction from the ref would of resolved the problem instantly.

Anyway back the the game, it kicked of and Glenfield started very brightly keeping possession when we needed too and closing Advance down pretty fast when we lost possession. We had a couple of early half chances within the first 5 minutes or so and in my opinion looked the stronger side early on. Jack Lane and Adam Parry in particular started strongly. The Advance management were heard shouting "Your not even getting near them yet" Advance then started to play a bit too and managed to create a couple of chances of their own, Ryan Ogden found himself in space just inside our box but struck the ball a bit too sweetly as is went straight at our keeper Aaron Hayward. Stacey Corre then broke clear and again Aaron was on hand to block the one on one chance. This is where our troubles started as Jack Lane went down injured after just 10 minutes , having pulled his groin and unable to continue the "Sub naming saga began". The Advance management team were trying to reason with the ref to allow us to make a sub but to no avail as he stuck to his guns and became very stubborn. We continued with 10 men and although Advance had more possession we were by no means out of the game. We had 3 or 4 more half chances but they all lacked that final bit of quality. I can't really remember any clear cut chances for Advance in the first half as we limited them to possession just outside the danger area. Advance slung a long ball into the box and Ogden went down holding his head looked in quite some pain, the referee waved play on even though we were telling him it's a head injury. Jake Limbert unsure whether to play on or not finally tapped the ball out so that Ogden could receive treatment. Our troubles then got even worse after just 25 minutes when Josh Swain suffered a nasty looking gash just above his eye following a header. Again the referee seemed reluctant to stop play even though it was a clear head injury. Finally when he saw blood all over Josh's face he blew his whistle. Unable to continue and off down to the Royal for stitches. Again we asked the ref to use his common sense and allow us to make a sub but he declined. We reshuffled to 4-3-1 and dug deep for the last 20 minutes of the half, Advance also reshuffled to a more attacking 4-4-2. Again by no means were we out of the game at this point as we were still creating chances and defending strongly against odds.

Half Time 0 - 0

We spoke at half time and decided not to feel sorry for ourselves but to go out for the second half and give everything we had for 45 minutes and see if we could some how keep a clean sheet.
The second half kicked off pretty similar to how the first half had ended very open, Advance being allowed to play with the ball in their half but as soon as they got in our half we closed them down and tried to stop the crosses and balls into our box. Advances game plan seemed to be to attack us down the wings were they had extra men with the full backs overlapping and then get crosses into the box. This seemed to play right into our hands as we were able to read where the ball was going and stop the crosses. Nick Varnam, Adam Parry and myself cutting out as many crosses as we could. Those that we were unable to stop found the head of our two centre halves Rob Charles and Wes Gibson, these two didn't loose a single header all game and both contenders for man of the match. Stacey Corre then seemed to pick up an injury and rather than go off sat a bit deeper in midfield. Advance then started throwing everything they could at us and had their two best efforts of the game. Wayne Dean with a header at the back post looked goal bound before somehow Aaron Hayward with a bit of a worldy point blank reaction save tipped it wide. Ryan Ogden then had a shot which although it was going just wide Hayward unsure and tipped it around the post to make sure. Adam Parry on the counter attack for us found himself one on one with Jake Greives but couldn't quite lift the ball over Jake as he had gone to ground a bit too early. Spurred on by this attempt we now realised that we were not only playing for 1 point but could also some how nick all 3. Another speculative long ball from us, which Joe Thomas had been chasing after tirelessly all game, some how wriggled free from the defender and Joe was able to pull it square to the screaming Paul Pallett just outside the Advances box, Pallett took one touch to the get the ball out from under his feet and then curled the ball around the outstretched arms of Jake and nestled the ball in the top corner GOAL 1 - 0.

Now with 20 minutes plus stoppages left we had to use every bit of experience we had. Slowing the game down, not giving away soft free kicks in the wrong areas and most of all defending as a unit from the front. Joe had somehow injured himself winning the ball before Palletts goal but continued and chased every lost cause. Mitch Willott, Paul Pallett and Adam Parry the three midfielders never stopped running and closing down the Advance midfield. And the back four Nick Varnam, Wes Gibson, Rob Charles and myself winning every header, tackle and block. Aaron also making one or two more saves. The best chance then fell for Advance when Ogden drove down the right wing to the byline and pulled the ball back to Wayne Dean who's back heel flick drifter just wide of the post. Three or Four corners came and went for Advancd every one met the head of Rob Charles or Wes Gibson. Jake Limbert tried to shoot from just outside the 18 yard box but again Mitch Willott and myself were able to block the shot. Advance put everything then could forward reshuffled to 3 - 4 - 3 but still could no find a way through the Glenfield defence.

The final whistle could not come any sooner for us and when it did come you'd of though we had just won the league. Advance were gratious in defeat and congratulated us on our efforts.

A great victory for us probably the best in our clubs 11 years history. It will be spoken about for years to come.

Everyone at Glenfield can be proud of ourselves after that performance including the unlucky four subs who were unable to play. Steve Gretton, Andy Buckle, Joe Bulter and Wayne Calver all showed great attitudes after realising they would not be taking part in the game.

And finally my Man of the match - Adam Parry - never stopped running at Advance even though he didn't have many options to pass too.

You should do more of these, a great effort from your lads yesterday and deserved in the end although I'm still fuming that the ref refused to allow subs especially as I did the line so he was fully aware that we had subs before we kicked off, he set his stall out early on though booking both sides centre backs in the first 5 mins for petty things, was surprised neither side had anyone sent off the way he went on

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 25 March   Banter for Sunday 25 March Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 25 March
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next