Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1

Go down 
+7
Declan Swan
spartamoshdock
Piemasterflash
paparazzi
Cobbo
riley
Doc Brown
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Empty
PostSubject: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:23 pm

What did you make of it?

I thought the best team won. Magna kept the ball well but didn't provide any cutting edge. On this showing, Fosse should see out the league and finish with the league and cup double.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 11:51 pm

think thats about spot on!!! we didnt really create many chances and 2 gk errors got there 2 goals no offence to oscer tho he has been great this season and had a really good game apart from that
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 1:17 am

Was a good battle throughout and I think we just about had enough to win.

Magna should keep their heads high though as they performed very well and were gracious in defeat.

First home I think, poor effort from me!
Back to top Go down
paparazzi

paparazzi

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:28 am

Man of the match, Luke Goddard, nice to see a few of the Sporting Wigston side there, drooling behind the spectator barrier cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:38 am

paparazzi wrote:
Man of the match, Luke Goddard, nice to see a few of the Sporting Wigston side there, drooling behind the spectator barrier cyclops cyclops cyclops

got there for the second half , fosse looked dangerous going forward soaked up a lot pressure but rightly said magna had no end product! and drooling was correct ! would have loved to make a final, we are still the only team to beat fosse twice twice this season thou. great win for them there a good set of lads unlucky magna.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/sportingwigston
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 10:40 am

A few of our lot went down and it was a good game.

Think overall Fosse definately deserved it as they looked dangerous going forward. Feel very sorry for the Magna keeper as he made one tremendous save from a Barnett miss-hit cross in the first half, but then messed up twice and that proved very costly.

Well done to both teams though and congratulations Fosse.
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 2:35 pm

I have to say well played to magna, I have full respect for the way they went about the final. First half was really difficult with the extra man in midfield that they had. Good first goal and I think that we did well to come back from that.

I know a few of our lads were a little disappointed with our performance as we have played a lot better. However, it was a tough game against an organised magna and I'd say overall we did enough to win it.

Now for the title race. Good luck to magna and sporting!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 6:33 pm

See

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/ac_stokes_cup_results.html

For celebration photo.
Back to top Go down
freeagent86

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:54 pm

I think we fully deserved to win the game last night, fair play to Magna they worked hard to the final whistle even with 10 men. We looked on the rocks for the 1st 20 or so minutes but had to grind out a performance even if we were not at our best. Magna made it very difficult for us to play our normal game and that told when we conceded 1st. The reaction from our boys was top notch, this is the biggest game many of them have ever been involved in and the nerves were rattling around the changing room before the game.

Its a massive achievement for us considering how last season went! Now the aim is to win the League and achieve the double!

Well done Magna, two finals in a row is impressive!
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 8:02 pm

and id say motm should have been morgan he was the only player who really stood out on the night
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 8:44 am

Not had chance to get to a computer hence why this comment is a bit late.

Firstly Congratulations to Fosse, was a very good and competitive final- think every has said we battled extremely well without always providing a cutting edge. Unfortunetely it was decided by a couple of uncharecteristic errors from Oscar (who has been superb). Thought we dominated the first 25 mins really but Fosse certainly came more into the game esp in the second period. Congrats to Rob, Craig and their boys!

Quick mention to my lads who have once again been brillant, one semi and one final is a another great achivement- pity we cudnt make a bit of history but it was Fosse's night to get the rub of the green and they deserved that for a very impressive season to date and fully expect them to wrap up the double and surprise a few teams in Div 3 next season
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:13 am

Cant blame the keeper solely for the two goals, if he held onto the first one he would have taken it over the line and the second one was a poor back pass! Of course this is just my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:15 am

Tomassi wrote:
Cant blame the keeper solely for the two goals, if he held onto the first one he would have taken it over the line and the second one was a poor back pass! Of course this is just my opinion Smile

No one blames him for Friday- thats the problem with being a goalkeeper though, you make a misatke its a goal, any mistake by the 10 other players and 9/10 there is someone to sort it out! But he showed sunday wot a good keeper he is and fully deserved his clean sheet
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1   Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stokes Cup Final Result: Fosse 3 Magna 1
Page 1 of 1