Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Semi Finals

Go down 
+14
Blackie
CSKA17
Hellboy
Polingtons
Sparta3
Footy mad
Widds
Vulcan Bomber
Polska legend II
Pretty Boy
CSKA19Carnabys
mowmacre fc
Paulo
The Fixture Secretary
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

think the number of teams in the division is right. answer for me will always be start season earlier and end later
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 10:01 am

Semi Finals have to be on a neutral ground for me and can't be mid week

This season is exceptional in terms of weather and is unliklely to be repeated

Change the format of the Arthur Moore by all means but this only helps the top two divisions

The Billy Walton has to stay, full stop.

Reducing the teams in a league to 10/12 max is a good idea, however, what happens when three teams fold in your league, your out of the cups before Xmas and the season is over in Feb???? Maybe this is where the invitation cup comes in I guess....but this doesnt come at no cost - an entry fee may be required from teams I guess

Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 10:59 am

Polska legend II wrote:
think the number of teams in the division is right. answer for me will always be start season earlier and end later

Unfortunately the season start and end dates are not in the Alliance League's control whereas the number of teams per division is.

And surely a team not winning their division or getting promoted because they have been forced to play 3 games a week in April and May is far more farcical than the off chance of 2 or 3 teams dropping out of a division.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 11:17 am

Blackie wrote:
FC POCHIN wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Or how about having less teams in each division thus avoiding midweek semi finals and most if not all Wednesday, Friday league games all together??!!

This will then allow an element of bad weather cancellations without penalising the successful teams by making them play Wednesday, Friday, Sunday...

And I'm not saying this because my team is having a successful season - far from it, we only have 6 games left and will probably be done before the end of March.

To counter act fewer teams in each division the Alliance League should also then introduce an Invitation Cup to start in January involving teams who are out of all the other cups and hence have plenty of capacity for the extra games.

Not rocket science really...

not less league games mark but less pointless cup games(arthur moore divisions and billy walton) Idea

Clearly I'm not going to disagree with my manager!!

THAT'LL BE A FIRST THEN YOU USUALLY DON'T LISTEN TO ME Smile

And to be fair I agree about the Arthur Moore divisions although that only affects the top divisions anyway. However the Billy Walton has got to stay in my opinion.

I just think the idea of an Invitation Cup would be attractive to a lot teams round about this time of the year (us included)

I've said before on here that I won such a thing with Red Cow in the LSL a few years back - still remember the final at Friar Lane on a hot Friday night and ultimately it turned out to be the highlight of our season that year.

Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013, 11:25 am

Blackie wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Unfortunately the season start and end dates are not in the Alliance League's control whereas the number of teams per division is.

And surely a team not winning their division or getting promoted because they have been forced to play 3 games a week in April and May is far more farcical than the off chance of 2 or 3 teams dropping out of a division.

agree totally m8
by the way the lads in the qpr dressing room were saying you were our outstanding player on sunday
so that's got you a years extension to you contract Wink
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi Finals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2