Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Semi Finals

Go down 
+14
Blackie
CSKA17
Hellboy
Polingtons
Sparta3
Footy mad
Widds
Vulcan Bomber
Polska legend II
Pretty Boy
CSKA19Carnabys
mowmacre fc
Paulo
The Fixture Secretary
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 6:45 pm

Help.....

As everyone may or may not be aware the County cup semi finals this year were hosted by the first drawn team and NOT at a neutral venue.

Every year I get tonnes of abuse about the semi final venues I choose..........

With us slowly but surely getting towards semi finals I have got to sort out what we do? My opinion is that a neutral venue (no matter how good or bad) is always better than playing at the first named club but I also understand especially this year so many teams have not played games and pitches are not in the best state so teams are going to be reluctant to host a semi final???

So for the first time ever I am going to canvas opinion before the event and see what everyone thinks.

So can people let me know what they think? (Please don't go too off topic or make this a rant about previous years or an opinion on which pitch is good or bad), I just want opinion on what people think for this season???? I can't guarantee the quality of where the games will be played but want to know what people's opinion is of neutral or not bothered?

Thanks............

Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 6:56 pm

Personally think neutral grounds add to the occasion. We have had Huncote a few times, sport on desford and one out in the sticks. Win or lose it makes it worth while gettin to the latter stages
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:04 pm

Can't beat a neutral venue but the billy Walton semis last year was at aylestone park. I'm pretty sure they won't want there pitch being used in these conditions.
So I think should save teams money and just play at home team pitch.
Save 50 pitch fee I.e what we payed last 2 seasons
Back to top Go down
CSKA19Carnabys

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

Neutral. As said it adds to the occasion slightly
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:11 pm

100% should be played at a neutral ground....both semis should be at the same pitch too....there are plenty of decent pitches to choose from....aylestone park! Oadby town! Daykn road! Just to name a few
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:13 pm

Qprs pitch to...great surface
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:14 pm

Would like a neutral as tradition dictates, but would play a semi anywhere as its a priviledge to get to one
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:40 pm

Fair point
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Bomber

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

Why not try Hinckley United? I know it's a bit out of town but the semi-finals could be held one after the other and they need the money!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

I know the chief sponsor there and he has offered me there 3g training pitch thats meant to be very good?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 9:40 pm

It's not a lot different to Wigston 3g facilities mate
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 9:55 pm

Fair enough. Prob best sticking to leicester, even if not senior league standard.

Actually, why not Holmes Park? County could do with the money after our reserves folded last year
Back to top Go down
Footy mad

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 7:04 am

Neutral ground James
We played county cup semi final at home yesterday and to be honest having to put the posts up in them conditions yesterday our players were soaked and froze before they even got changed whilst the opposition were sitting in a nice warm changing room.
Neutral grounds make it more of an occasion for both teams!
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 7:59 am

Holmes park semi's would take a bit of the spark away from reaching the final i think
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 9:35 am

Neutral grounds would be preferable but with the way things are I expect it would be very difficult to arrange enough venues.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 11:55 am

Ude have a bit of the hump if u played thurmaston away in a semi on the hill wiv no showers
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 4:40 pm

Try St. Andrews WBC use it Sunday morning sure they might let alliance use for semi with costs ?
All about money now days
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 5:23 pm

Pretty Boy wrote:
Holmes park semi's would take a bit of the spark away from reaching the final i think

yeah to be honest i agree totally.

Just fancied a sly comment
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

Widds wrote:
Pretty Boy wrote:

Thats a £10 fine thank you please.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:
Pretty Boy wrote:

Thats a £10 fine thank you please.

not going to pay for seven days. Feel free to increase it to thirty.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

Itd be nice to see them played on a Wed night perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm

not if all your players work night shifts... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

eastern european excuses... silent
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:09 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Itd be nice to see them played on a Wed night perhaps?

Would cause a few moans I guess from one or two, but a decent idea. Playing under floodlights always adds to the occasion, and I'm sure would help james out!

Besides, if your players work nights they won't be available for the final anyway!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

I think this idea has some mileage. Incentivise teams by giving option of senior league pitch on Wednesday or normal pitch on Sundays?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:24 pm

The final is a set date and people can book a night off in advance. But the semis are a no go, Sundays all the way!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 1:25 pm

Hellboy wrote:
eastern european excuses... silent

Helly - we're the guys that keep the wheels turning so you get your horsemeat every tea time Laughing
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
The final is a set date and people can book a night off in advance. But the semis are a no go, Sundays all diffy!
]

I'd have thought that anyone in a semi final will be playing midweek football at some point anyway even if its in the league as the cup run has caused a backlog.

And surely your players haven't booked the final off before getting there?!?! So 2 weeks notice for a midweek semi final would be no different.

I understand your objections this year, but maybe for next year....
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 2:05 pm

no, I didn't say that we'd booked anything off for a final - that would be very silly and we'd fall flat on our faces. What I meant was given the occasion, and the fact the final is already a set date, IF we were lucky enough to get there there would be plenty of notice to book it off. And I'm sure most employers, with enough notice, would allow a one off holiday. Again, IF we were priviledged enough to get there.

We are well aware that there might be night (league) games, and to be honest it's a big problem, but we don't want to compound that by putting semi finals in there as well. As many people have said on the forum, we play SUNDAY football and night games should be avoided at all costs.

Thats why we were so angry with the council for calling off games 2 weeks running
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 2:37 pm

NIMBY!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 2:38 pm

?
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 3:47 pm

Well if you weren't in a semi final would you object so strongly? I appreciate its not ideal, and I think you make a valid point and its probably not appropriate this season. However, due to the weather and councils trigger happy approach to cancelling games you're going to be screwed at some point.

If the league decides pre season they'll be played midweek and everyone knows at the start I think its fair. As i said, teams reching the latter stages will end up having to play several midweek games, we will ALWAYS lose a few weeks to the weather, and for those teams is the price of their success.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:03 pm

no problem with midweek league games (despite the fact I hate them!) and fully udnerstand the demands of the weather. just saying I would draw the line at semi finals
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:36 pm

Or how about having less teams in each division thus avoiding midweek semi finals and most if not all Wednesday, Friday league games all together??!!

This will then allow an element of bad weather cancellations without penalising the successful teams by making them play Wednesday, Friday, Sunday...

And I'm not saying this because my team is having a successful season - far from it, we only have 6 games left and will probably be done before the end of March.

To counter act fewer teams in each division the Alliance League should also then introduce an Invitation Cup to start in January involving teams who are out of all the other cups and hence have plenty of capacity for the extra games.

Not rocket science really...
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:43 pm

its not rocket science blackie to realise that you came up against a monster when i entered the fray on saturday
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

Blackie wrote:
Or how about having less teams in each division thus avoiding midweek semi finals and most if not all Wednesday, Friday league games all together??!!

This will then allow an element of bad weather cancellations without penalising the successful teams by making them play Wednesday, Friday, Sunday...

And I'm not saying this because my team is having a successful season - far from it, we only have 6 games left and will probably be done before the end of March.

To counter act fewer teams in each division the Alliance League should also then introduce an Invitation Cup to start in January involving teams who are out of all the other cups and hence have plenty of capacity for the extra games.

not less league games mark but less pointless cup games(arthur moore divisions and billy walton) Idea
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 4:59 pm

rocket ledge wrote:

its not rocket science blackie to realise that you came up against a monster when i entered the fray on saturday

Haha Tommy, to be honest you did play well Saturday mate
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:17 pm

FC POCHIN wrote:
Blackie wrote:

not less league games mark but less pointless cup games(arthur moore divisions and billy walton) Idea

Clearly I'm not going to disagree with my manager!!

And to be fair I agree about the Arthur Moore divisions although that only affects the top divisions anyway. However the Billy Walton has got to stay in my opinion.

I just think the idea of an Invitation Cup would be attractive to a lot teams round about this time of the year (us included)

I've said before on here that I won such a thing with Red Cow in the LSL a few years back - still remember the final at Friar Lane on a hot Friday night and ultimately it turned out to be the highlight of our season that year.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

I agree the invitation cup is a great night, also won it a few years ago.

Problem with reducing number of teams is you never know who Will fold, few years back the prem ended with about six or seven teams, if it started with less at the beginning then you have a farcical division
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013, 6:32 pm

you wouldnt get holmes park for semis as they are fully booked with their own finals and rep games etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Semi Finals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals   Semi Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi Finals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next