Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter - 6 January

Go down 
+29
Jimmyb
Snash
Sparta3
dk4632
Blackie
THE MAGICIAN
diddly dum
Coley21
Jenko
Fishandchips
Sneijder10
Paul Daniels
scottyh
man in black
The Plough
NiffyA
dezza
whiteeagles
Hairy Hebrew!
lingers
gattuso
Beef
hotshot66
BUSFC Zack
Skeems
Joey-Gattuso
CSKA19Carnabys
Widds
Gordon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 10:36 am

Pochin 3 - 7 Wigston

Goals: Aran Leacock, Shaun Burden and Jamie Elsworthy

Not gonna lie, we were awful. Wigston wanted it alot more than we did and it showed. The lad Peck up top with Dan Mitchell was immense for them yesterday.

not sure where this leaves us to be honest, keeper quit yesterday and another players quit this morning too. Only positive note for me was the goal of the game from 25 yards Razz
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:17 am

MDH 7-0 Phoenix

Not an easy pitch to play on but both sides played some good football, Phoenix were well in the game up to the 3rd goal early in the second half, the first half was fairly even the only real difference between the two sides being in the final 3rd where we created chances and scored a couple and Phoenix despite good build up play at times failed to really create anything clear cut or test our keeper. Second half we got a third pretty early on and from then on it was one way traffic, Phoenix heads dropped a little and that coupled with a heavy pitch and few weeks off we found a lot more space going forwards, 7-0 based on the first half was harsh on them but then second half we wasted plenty of chances to make the score more flattering, their keeper making a few great saves and the defenders pulled off some good last ditch tackles too. Ref had a good game too, although don't think he had a great deal to do, played advantages where he could and don't remember any contraversial decisions

Good luck to Phoenix in the league, got a good set of lads and a lot of potential in what looked a young side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:23 am

Widds wrote:
Certain a draw has been done.

On a side note, anyone else noticed how little banter there seems to be on here after matches at the moment?

I am not commenting on my game as my views will probably get me in trouble this week widds so for once i will stay silent
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:28 am

Quote :

On a side note, anyone else noticed how little banter there seems to be on here after matches at the moment?

That's because you kill it with your top banter everytime Widds
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:28 am

Widds wrote:

There's usually an arguement or two from the lower leagues which make me lol. It always end up with 'your a good set of lads' though.

I could talk about our game but I don't want to count our chickens just yet. All I'll say is we thoroughly enjoyed getting a league win under our belt for the first time since the opening game of the season.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:36 am

Quote :
There's usually an arguement or two from the lower leagues which make me lol. It always end up with 'your a good set of lads' though.

I could talk about our game but I don't want to count our chickens just yet. All I'll say is we thoroughly enjoyed getting a league win under our belt for the first time since the opening game of the season.

You showed against us that you can compete in Div 1 easily.

Leicester Foxes reported that your Goalkeeper had a stormer, he did against us as well. Looks like you have a good keeper.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :

You showed against us that you can compete in Div 1 easily.

Leicester Foxes reported that your Goalkeeper had a stormer, he did against us as well. Looks like you have a good keeper.

Ah right! Yeah without our keeper we're nothing.
Back to top Go down
Coley21

Coley21

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 3:27 pm

No match review from Blackie yet???? Sure there would of been if Pochin won! Must of left his computer in fan club Saturday night........same place he left his legs Razz Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
diddly dum

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 6:17 pm

Would be interesting to find out what happened to humbo? Leading 7-2 after an hour according to the match report? Was someone sent off or did the wheels just come off? Anyone from humbo or LDA shed any light?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

diddly dum wrote:
Would be interesting to find out what happened to humbo? Leading 7-2 after an hour according to the match report? Was someone sent off or did the wheels just come off? Anyone from humbo or LDA shed any light?

My lad was playing for Humbo in this game and he was gutted, no player sent off, I think along with complacency and LDA Spartans desire not to throw the towel in were the main factors.

Once it gets to 7-5 ish after being 7-2 I think the losing team at the time spread wings and the winning side start to panic, once it goes level there is only ever one winner, I watched the 2nd half of extra time and LDA had one chance and scored where Humbo created a few openings.

I was pretty gutted for Humbo as well as I have a big interest in them but you have to take your hat off to LDA and give them all the credit in the world for sticking at it, maybe there name is on the cup.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 6:39 pm

NRI 2 AZZURRI 8

Can't bring myself to report on our own game as I'm a very proud person and I'm gutted we surrendered our 26 month unbeaten home record in the league but at the same time I'm realistic in that (1) Azzurri are pure quality going forward and (2) we are missing about 8 players through various reasons.

I shouldn't be anywhere near playing for the NRI but needs must and I had to get my boots out for the last 15 minutes and now won't be able to walk for about 2 weeks.

We are on a recruitment drive now to help us through the major injury list and building for the future.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 7:54 pm

Coley21 wrote:
No match review from Blackie yet???? Sure there would of been if Pochin won! Must of left his computer in fan club Saturday night........same place he left his legs Razz Very Happy Razz

Lol Cole, like it Laughing

You're right, I'm only doing match reports when we win now and on the basis of Sunday's performance I doubt I'll be doing another one this season!!

To be fair my legs were still in Croft from my Saturday game but no excuses, you absolutely battered us.

Always nice to beat Dan in a foot race though, think I even gave him a 5 yard head start!

Hope you boys have turned a corner now, great bunch of lads. Probably see you Saturday night mate...
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 7:56 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
diddly dum wrote:

My lad was playing for Humbo in this game and he was gutted, no player sent off, I think along with complacency and LDA Spartans desire not to throw the towel in were the main factors.

Once it gets to 7-5 ish after being 7-2 I think the losing team at the time spread wings and the winning side start to panic, once it goes level there is only ever one winner, I watched the 2nd half of extra time and LDA had one chance and scored where Humbo created a few openings.

I was pretty gutted for Humbo as well as I have a big interest in them but you have to take your hat off to LDA and give them all the credit in the world for sticking at it, maybe there name is on the cup.

Spot on there, no cards and no turning point other than the half time whistle!

Humbo had 2 great chances in the 1st half of extra time too - we've got our keeper to thank for keeping it level there!

the final whistle came too soon and we lost the momentum, but luckily managed to grab the winner later on.

Ive been on the end of a 6-5 loss after being 5 nil up at half time so i know how gutting those ones can be!

2 games against humbo this year..... 24 goals between us! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 8:02 pm

(Bows down to pressure)

LDA 8 - 7 Humbo AET

Our defending was nothing more than shocking in the the first half. We seemed to concede from every counter attack, their strikers must've been loving it. It was 6-2 by half time and Humbo bagged another after the break.

Great credit has to go to our lads in the second half. Showed that we wanted it from the off with the energy that was lacking in the first. Change of keeper and defence at half time helped a lot too. Serdar made an unbelievable double save to keep us in it when it was all square. We equalised in the last minute.

We shamefully resorted to just hoofing it up to Brad who was having a field day from the right wing. It worked so I can't complain this week.

Credit to Gifford. Predicted the result at 7-3.

I hear Monsell needed a last minute equaliser to overcome Royalist too.
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 8:58 pm

Sunday Vase
Global 0-3 Ashby Reserves

Tough game against a young, fit team. Having looked at their website, I can't help but think a number of their 1st team played.

Just glad to get back to playing after 1 game in 2 months!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 9:35 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
NRI 2 AZZURRI 8

Can't bring myself to report on our own game as I'm a very proud person and I'm gutted we surrendered our 26 month unbeaten home record in the league but at the same time I'm realistic in that (1) Azzurri are pure quality going forward and (2) we are missing about 8 players through various reasons.

I shouldn't be anywhere near playing for the NRI but needs must and I had to get my boots out for the last 15 minutes and now won't be able to walk for about 2 weeks.

We are on a recruitment drive now to help us through the major injury list and building for the future.

Cheers Malc! We need to work on defending though I'm sure you will agree haha like I said mate 8-2 score line is harsh on you boys especially the way you played in the first half! Couple of your lads really impressed that coley is it? And the lad upfront with the shaved head ! Though he was good aswell

Plus how tall are most of your team! They been standing in grow bags ??
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm

That was a small team! We still have two 6ft 4 lads to come back lol
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 7:40 am

Widds wrote:
That was a small team! We still have two 6ft 4 lads to come back lol

Dont forget Mitch and Dave who are both 6 foot 8, ha ha
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 9:46 am

Quote :
Sunday Vase

Tough game against a young, fit team. Having looked at their website, I can't help but think a number of their 1st team played.

I'd enquire to the County about that. They'd be cup tied
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 9:48 am

S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :
Sunday Vase

only with proof tho.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 10:16 am

Quote :
only with proof tho.

This is true!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 5:54 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
Royale Barcabullona 4 - 0 Leicester Foxes Old Boys

FC Azzuri, we are coming for youuuu!!!!!

Never doubted it haha!! I think ours is a close division

Haha dezza, i think you could play and still win this division at a canter!

I'm not that bad you know that you have to use me like that lol

Fosse City for second. Royale Barca for the Billy Walton.

If it looks like we are finishing anywhere near 2nd we will have to start throwing games!

Anyone that can see off Foxes should be taken very seriously in any competition!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 7:15 pm

Fosse city pot hunting!
Back to top Go down
Snash

Snash

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm

Widds wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :
Sunday Vase

only with proof tho.

Not too fussed as we got through the last round as that team played ineligable players. Also we dont have any proof!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 9:09 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

If it looks like we are finishing anywhere near 2nd we will have to start throwing games!

Anyone that can see off Foxes should be taken very seriously in any competition!

Anyone who can see us off 6-1 should be taken very seriously then? Foxes had a bad day, we'll see how we go this Sunday.

Could be funny at the end of the year if everyone is avoiding 2nd place. Niffy for Promotion then. I think you'd do alright in the Prem. You seem more of a team than any other side we've played against. Team spirit and playing for your mates can take you far.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 10:40 am

Paul Daniels wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:
dezza wrote:
Widds wrote:
dezza wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Anyone who can see us off 6-1 should be taken very seriously then? Foxes had a bad day, we'll see how we go this Sunday.

Could be funny at the end of the year if everyone is avoiding 2nd place. Niffy for Promotion then. I think you'd do alright in the Prem. You seem more of a team than any other side we've played against. Team spirit and playing for your mates can take you far.

so we are agreed-Fosse for second. We Will do what we can to help.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 11:09 am

Widds wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :
Sunday Vase

only with proof tho.
Widds - how would it be physically possible to prove this though?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 12:46 pm

whiteeagles wrote:
Widds wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :
Sunday Vase

only with proof tho.

Take a picture during the game or if after the match ask the referee if he remembers a player in the game that you can prove wasnt allowed to play.

Its very difficult to prove though. Sometimes in a cup game, worth your manager getting a few pictures...?? Unlikely anyone would bother to do this, but especially in the later stages of the cups, worth doing
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 1:22 pm

It could be quite possible some of their first team legitimately played, if they hadn't played for their first team in a higher competition,

If it's the same Ashby, we lost to them in the 1st round the other year and couldn't believe the team we played against made it to the final!
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 8:49 pm

Yeah we played them in the semi, and couldnt believe how we lost it
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 8:57 pm

Widds wrote:
whiteeagles wrote:
Widds wrote:
S&G Sec wrote:
Quote :
Sunday Vase

only with proof tho.

Take a picture during the game or if after the match ask the referee if he remembers a player in the game that you can prove wasnt allowed to play.

Its very difficult to prove though. Sometimes in a cup game, worth your manager getting a few pictures...?? Unlikely anyone would bother to do this, but especially in the later stages of the cups, worth doing
Take the Alliance League for example though... no passport photos on the registrations and difficult to check players against team photos. It seems as if it would almost be practically impossible to catch out a team playing ringers unless their secretary makes a blunder. Perhaps passport photos wouldn't be a bad idea with the occasional check before a match from a ref, I know they've done it a couple of times this season for my brother in the youth league!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

They have also started doing it in the leicester Sunday league. Its a decent idea
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

We have Thurmaston on Sunday. Pretty sure they've got at least 3 lads suspended. No way we can prove it though so they'll probably play. Not suggesting thats what Thurmaston will do, but if we can't prove anything, why wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 12:37 pm

I can see your point mate but we wudnt do that we have already had points deducted which hopfully we mite get back why wud we risk losing more points,players were banned but am not sure wen they are back, iam pretty sure at least two of them are able to play again tho sunday,urll be fine its the injury list killing us, had to platly four reses players against wcb
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

I was just using it as an example of the above comments. I fully expect you to beat us anyway but I was just making a point.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 2:03 pm

yeah I know mate and ur dead rite with what you say theres plenty of teams out there doing it but hard to prove
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

You wont know any of our lads, and we wont know any of yours. So how would either of us know? Ah well it's only sundays who cares, not like we're exactly gunning for league glory.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

Polingtons wrote:
Yeah we played them in the semi, and couldnt believe how we lost it

we beat them in the final and we got their squad list on the day of the game, told the county fa that they had 4 illegal players on their squad list but the county said too late as we had to put a complaint in 4 days before the game, hence the reason they made sure they never posted me the squad list 2 weeks before the game as they were supposed to
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
You wont know any of our lads, and we wont know any of yours. So how would either of us know? Ah well it's only sundays who cares, not like we're exactly gunning for league glory.

fair point
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

They didnt turn up till 11 at the semi, went through the team sheet, but i didnt know know any of them so how we supposed 2 know, we got tld they always do it, if they get found out they aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter - 6 January   Banter - 6 January - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter - 6 January
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next