Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter, March 4th

Go down 
+35
Joey Barton
spartamoshdock
Sparta3
tobester29
Paulo
mickkkkkky
Pete Mourinho
THE WATCHER
Blackie
ShaNiO
Polska legend II
Fishandchips
Skeems
CSKA Carnabys
dezza
Jwithers
one more season
Rwhite08
Widds
Capello
Hat Man
Duane
g72
Fieldy
Paul Daniels
Tekkers
Sneijder10
timmy mallet
BigTimeCharlie
whiteeagles
PEEWEE
LoneRanger38
Jimmyb
darren88jones
Spy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tobester29

tobester29

Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

Sneijder10 wrote:
Dukla 2 - Azul Zorros 6

Lewis Hunt
Robin Cooper
Aran Leacock 2
Joe Tailby
Michael Clark

At long last a much needed result, had players drop out this morning but we were excellent. Credit to Dukla kept going despite only having 11 players hopefully we can start getting some results now. Good luck for the rest of the season Dukla good set of lads!

Was a good game played in the right spirit in ridiculous conditions on Vicky park. Credit to your lads the last 10mins you smelt blood and took your chances well. We played the whole game with 10men and had you at 2-2 till the 80th minute and thought we could've sneaked it. We hit the bar from a corner, had a goal ruled out for offside which was a little dubious and your keeper made a great save from another corner. However we have struggled this year in the last 20mins due to having no squad and today was another example of that.

But we thoroughly enjoyed it today and felt the game was played in the right spirit. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
PEEWEE

PEEWEE

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 9:07 am

Blackie wrote:
Birstall Rangers 0 v Superfly 7

As I have allegiancies to both these teams I'll be the voice of reason here!

To be fair had this game been a boxing match the ref would have stopped it long before the end - the 0-7 scoreline flattered Birstall to be honest.

That said, the usual suspects for Birstall (Ray and Carl) did battle til the end but it was sad to see what has happened to my former team. They are good bunch of lads who will need to dig deep now, get some momentum and hopefully pick up enough points to avoid relegation.

It was only a year a go that we were beating Saff Lounge 5-1 and Oadby Owls 6-1. Even pre-season we drew with the current leaders of Division 3 and also beat the 2 teams who have today both got through to the Stokes Cup Final.

Its a shame that the person who I believe to be responsible for Birstall's demise wasn't even at the game today.

As for Superfly, I think they are only 3 or 4 players from being a really top side. The lad who plays centre mid with the white boots is a class act. They played some really nice football even in todays conditions and I hope they get into the runners up position.

Very honest write up blackie, think the lad your talking about is kirk?? blonde lad?? had a brilliant game, as did all of the players in my opinion. Have to agree with the silverwear next season too, with the players that have been bought in it is a real possibility, had they been bought in at the start of the season and had time to gel properly i think we may have been in a better place for promotion this season, as it happens i think 2nd is the only option for us now with hoskins ressies guarenteed to demolish the division.

Whatever happens, next season Superfly will be serious contenders for silverware.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Harrow 7-0 LDA Spartans

Apart from the first 20 minutes where we were abit nervous, new signings and returning players taking time to Gel the scoreline tells the story to be honest, strangley enough only 1-0 at half time.

Nice not to be the oldest player for once, lol, think the average age of our back 4 was around 38-39 so thought a clean sheet was excellent although I tried to help them in the 2nd half with a lame back pass.

Possibly should have had a couple more with Tom Coton and JJ shots hitting the changing rooms and the usual guilty culprits but will take 7-0 all day long.

Strange side LDA, on there day they have the ability to trouble any side in our division, today wasn't one of those days

All the best lads.

Kenno, bring back Measures and I may step out of retirement to do a personal man marking job.

Thought the Ref 'Ash Hastings' was excellent today, let play continue when possible and can't think of one wrong decision

Sounds about right. Although I thought we held our own in the first half, defensively at least. You had plenty of half chances, long ragers etc. but no real clear cut ones. We managed two clear chances on the break before you scored, had one gone in we may have had more fight about us in the second period.

Second half was just embarassing. Once our keeper chucked away the third the heads went down and you could've had more. Very clinical finishing from Scott Love.

You've signed on some quality players since the St Marks game by the sounds of things.

Said it before and I still think you'll win the league.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 9:28 am

'Very honest write up blackie, think the lad your talking about is kirk?? blonde lad?? had a brilliant game, as did all of the players in my opinion. Have to agree with the silverwear next season too, with the players that have been bought in it is a real possibility, had they been bought in at the start of the season and had time to gel properly i think we may have been in a better place for promotion this season, as it happens i think 2nd is the only option for us now with hoskins ressies guarenteed to demolish the division.'

It was the other centre mid player Peewee. Think he wore number 6, dark haired lad - I can't remember what Nick said his name was. Quality 1st touch everytime and could have had goal of the season had the keeper not tipped his 30 yarder on to the bar
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

Blackie wrote:
'Very honest write up blackie, think the lad your talking about is kirk?? blonde lad?? had a brilliant game, as did all of the players in my opinion. Have to agree with the silverwear next season too, with the players that have been bought in it is a real possibility, had they been bought in at the start of the season and had time to gel properly i think we may have been in a better place for promotion this season, as it happens i think 2nd is the only option for us now with hoskins ressies guarenteed to demolish the division.'

It was the other centre mid player Peewee. Think he wore number 6, dark haired lad - I can't remember what Nick said his name was. Quality 1st touch everytime and could have had goal of the season had the keeper not tipped his 30 yarder on to the bar

Matty garner mate quality week in week out
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 11:57 am

SPARTA MOSHDOCK 8 - 3 Glenfield Town

A fantastic win for us to get a little bit of revenge after our 3-0 defeat against Glenny on the opening day of the season.

Went into the match knowing we needed to improve on our performance last week away at GT and although we had a couple of centre backs missing we thought we had a good chance.

Glenfield went ahead quite early and then it was just goals, goals, goals from then on in the horrible, cold, wet and muddy conditions. We managed to get 2-1 infront but almost immediately they pulled it back to 2-2. Once again we took the lead and they pegged us back but we went straight up the other end to make it 4-3.

An unbelievable goal-line clearance kept us ahead and once we nicked the 5th, the Glenfield lads heads seem to drop and we really took over. Aaron Preston on fire again netting 5 to put him on 97 goals for Moshdock in just over 2 seasons! Sam Gillespie, Mark Preston and Josh Richards got the other goals.

Cheers to the Glenfield lads, was a tough game played in the right spirit....I reckon they will cause a lot of problems in the Prem with the amount of games they have left. Good luck.

And also a mention for the referee, Paul Wood, who had a fantastic game (although missed one blatant penalty!).
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

top ref and Preston is a class act as well
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 3:57 pm

mickkkkkky wrote:
THE WATCHER wrote:
ShaNiO wrote:
CSKA Carnabys wrote:
Jwithers wrote:
St marks beat cska to go through to the final, was a very tough game and the conditions didn't help as it started snowing raining and the wind was freezing first half was 50 50, we came out stronger second half and last 20 we dominated, cska defence was very strong and the whole team performance deserved praise. Good luck for the rest of the season

I was out due to injury felt like crying :'( hahaa but ill be fit for the final so I'm happy again Very Happy!!

It was a great game today I thought.. 2 very committed teams, in awful conditions.
I think we suffered more than you because of the stoppage. But given the fact that no one gave us a hope on the forum, we are all pleased with the performance we put in.

Best of luck in the final, Ill probably come down Holmes Park to watch.
Hope youz win.

Shane Birt was your Man of the Match for me

Thanks alot mate, means alot! Was very difficult game today and you boys battled well, all the best for the season!

yeah well done shane all the best for the final

does anyone know what happened with the linesman that had to go off? like, was he alright?

Steve hill, he's fine but unfortunately won't be reffing any games for around 3 weeks based on doctors orders.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

LoneRanger38 wrote:
Blackie wrote:

Matty garner mate quality week in week out

Just like his brother will be when he finally makes he debut hopefully next week!
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:00 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Harrow 7-0 LDA Spartans

Apart from the first 20 minutes where we were abit nervous, new signings and returning players taking time to Gel the scoreline tells the story to be honest, strangley enough only 1-0 at half time.

Nice not to be the oldest player for once, lol, think the average age of our back 4 was around 38-39 so thought a clean sheet was excellent although I tried to help them in the 2nd half with a lame back pass.

Possibly should have had a couple more with Tom Coton and JJ shots hitting the changing rooms and the usual guilty culprits but will take 7-0 all day long.

Strange side LDA, on there day they have the ability to trouble any side in our division, today wasn't one of those days

All the best lads.

Kenno, bring back Measures and I may step out of retirement to do a personal man marking job.

Thought the Ref 'Ash Hastings' was excellent today, let play continue when possible and can't think of one wrong decision

Sounds about right. Although I thought we held our own in the first half, defensively at least. You had plenty of half chances, long ragers etc. but no real clear cut ones. We managed two clear chances on the break before you scored, had one gone in we may have had more fight about us in the second period.

Second half was just embarassing. Once our keeper chucked away the third the heads went down and you could've had more. Very clinical finishing from Scott Love.

You've signed on some quality players since the St Marks game by the sounds of things.

Said it before and I still think you'll win the league.

Big call to make lol considering we have 3 games in hand Wink haha
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

That means you have more games in which to drop points Wink
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:11 pm

(that made sense in my head)
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
(that made sense in my head)

lol true, but we definately dont look like dropping any yet Wink
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:36 pm

I'll agree with Shane, last week against St Marks was a must win and we lost, lol
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

Got to say Div 5 has been great entertainment with plenty of twists and turn still to come. Harrow are a bloody good side but it St Marks to lose now and i dont see them dropping enough points.
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Frolesworth 1 v 3 Throops...

Callum Earls 2 and Adam Tester,...4/5 players missing but dont want to make excuses the lads who came in did very well in difficult conditions

.... Have Throops ever not had players missing? Surely you should be giving Frolesworth credit for giving you a good game? Rolling Eyes

That's because Frolesworth had about 100 shots apparently. I bet Frolesworth have a say on who finishes top 3 in Div 1 this season, good side when everyone is available.

3-0 up till last twenty minutes then you had a pen that was 5 yards outside the box to make it 3-1 . I seen a 100 long balls from you and no football but all I'n all we was coming off no game I'n 3 weeks and extra time from last weeks star game so probably tired legs made you look better at the end. We had 5 out and probly u did but that's what good teams do , grind out results !
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

Sparky wrote:
Got to say Div 5 has been great entertainment with plenty of twists and turn still to come. Harrow are a bloody good side but it St Marks to lose now and i dont see them dropping enough points.

Cheers for the compliment mate, you lot are not so bad yourself, 3 cracking games this season, St Marks last week also evenly matched.

We have now played the top 3 twice who all have to play each other, think there are 4 teams who are able to finish above us based on games in hand however, we are not taking anyone lightly out of the remaining games, CPR are on a roll and we have to play them twice, Kajima (have to play twice) have loads of games left although this might be there downfall with time running out and almost certain fixture pile up with possibility of 3 games per week. CSKA have always given us hard games and this season is the first time I can remember beating them, we lost previous 4, then Niffy A who were good for there win against us earlier in the season.

I think I speak on behalf of the rest of the side when I say we are pushing for Runners Up, St Marks need to lose a couple and draw a couple for us to overtake them and thats if we win our remaining games.

Cast your mind back though, I did say St Marks, GHW us and Kajima fighting for that top spot, great division this year.
Back to top Go down
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:

Cheers for the compliment mate, you lot are not so bad yourself, 3 cracking games this season, St Marks last week also evenly matched.

We have now played the top 3 twice who all have to play each other, think there are 4 teams who are able to finish above us based on games in hand however, we are not taking anyone lightly out of the remaining games, CPR are on a roll and we have to play them twice, Kajima (have to play twice) have loads of games left although this might be there downfall with time running out and almost certain fixture pile up with possibility of 3 games per week. CSKA have always given us hard games and this season is the first time I can remember beating them, we lost previous 4, then Niffy A who were good for there win against us earlier in the season.

I think I speak on behalf of the rest of the side when I say we are pushing for Runners Up, St Marks need to lose a couple and draw a couple for us to overtake them and thats if we win our remaining games.

Cast your mind back though, I did say St Marks, GHW us and Kajima fighting for that top spot, great division this year.

I think a lot depends on Kajima, given that they have so many games left they still have a lot to say on how the top (and the bottom) of the table will end up. If St Marks lose 2 or 3 (can't see that happening) I think it's anyones from St Marks / GHW / Harrow / Kajima (although fixture congestion won't help their chances).

As a team (GHW) we're just really pleased how our first season is going and will look to build on the many successes we've had this year for next season.
Back to top Go down
ShaNiO

ShaNiO

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

To be honest i started the season with Azul Zorros and i didnt really think St Marks would be up there in all honesty, i moved as they shown what a strong side they were by beating us at Azul Zorros and i wanted to win things! we still have to play Kajima and LDA twice and gate hangs well once so it is by far from over but we are very very strong at the moment and with all due respect really cant see us losing many points at the moment.

Also cant express how delighted we are at reaching the final of the Stokes Cup and it should be a cracking game against Gate Hangs Well and may the best side win.

Back to top Go down
THE WATCHER
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

st marks and gwh are the 2 strongest sides we have played this season and deserve to be in the final
but it is going to be really hard to call on the day
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:02 pm

St marks the edge for me
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

Well done to the Gate and St Marks, First season for you both and to be in the cup final and both going for the league aswell deserves alot of credit.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 8:02 pm

Wish league put all new teams in Div 7, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter, March 4th   Banter, March 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter, March 4th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2