Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Suspensions

Go down 
+17
Sparta3
topgun
freeagent86
Stroller
Hellboy
Giggsisgod
bretty1
Jim royle
sgoodman
Skeems
THE MAGICIAN
Duane
Aussie Owl
Polska legend II
BigTimeCharlie
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Widds
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Suspensions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:47 pm

Widds wrote:
Interestingly, i spoke to two guys at the recent Dukla vs CSKA match, one of whom was an alliance committee member, the other the secretary of one of the most high profile clubs in the LSL, and they were ex refs and said they preferred it when they were reffing as they gave it back a bit. One of them said along the lines 'when someone started shouting i would call them over and say - go on then, you have 30 seconds to say exactly what you think of me' and apparently players used to just be gob smacked...and stay quiet....

Basically, refs, linos, alliance committee, county fa, fa hq, footie teams, all on the same side....only those at the top of FIFA that seem against footie completely!

Don't start me on the fifa thing again!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

Haha that was just for you mark!
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:07 am

hate to say it but an appeal is a waste of time. we had a similar thing happen to us last season. i even got the f.a ringing me from london saying they agreed with my views that a certain named ref had probably gone overboard. the ref said our player refused to give his name,strange that as he had already booked him earlier. we thought we had done enough with every official agreeing with us,alas 3 months after the initial enquires hw was found guilty and has only just got back after 12 week ban. and the total financial layout was getting on for £200
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 6:43 am

ouch
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 7:42 am

We got our one and only red card last year reduced 2 7 days on appeal but didn't get the money back after a personal hearing. Although we did ask the league 2 make sure this particular referee never crossed our path again!
Back to top Go down
Giggsisgod

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

This sounds very harsh thought it would of been a standard £25 and 3 games tops!! Sometimes you gotta take it on the chin once you start appealing the FA just see £ signs!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

They will always air on the side of the referees, because they want you to respect them, even if their decision was wrong, they still want referees to hold a higher authority when they are on the pitch, because thats the reason for them being there, to take charge of a game and make decisions.....

Next time try a no win no fee lawyer..
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 10:40 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Widds wrote:
haha yeah i did more running as a lino than in goal lol

My dad once gave some guy directions whilst running the line with his back 2 the pitch! Those were the days

Top man is Robin
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 10:44 am

Hellboy wrote:
They will always air on the side of the referees, because they want you to respect them, even if their decision was wrong, they still want referees to hold a higher authority when they are on the pitch, because thats the reason for them being there, to take charge of a game and make decisions.....

and

I cant see why it gets debated at this level, but understand why it does, someone has to be in charge of a game, else there's no point in playing it, there will always be right and wrong decisions, humans aren't perfect apart from me of course, but thats the way it IS at this level.

and
no one moans when they get a penalty when they shouldn't have, or a decision goes their way which shouldnt have done.
Back to top Go down
freeagent86

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Clive Bruce once sent off one of our players for calling a linesman exactly the same thing, and beware - if you get Clive, the red will come out each and every time. Now i'm not saying that is wrong or indeed Clive was wrong, but the only thing that frustrated me at the time was that the linesman in question was not a neutral or impartial 'official'. Here's an interesting thought though - why is it that strikers never swear at neutral officials in games where there are some, but feel it's ok to abuse 'club' helpers?

Centre Halves are worse generally and they are sometimes 50 - 60 yards away!!!
Back to top Go down
topgun

topgun

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

If he getting £40 a game Saturday's! Over a season racks up a little bit! So £ 90 fine on a Sunday shouldn't be a problem for him! It's extra income he probably doesn't get taxed on and he more than likely has a full time job so take it on the chin! A lot of players in alliance don't play Saturday's or get played for playing so if they cop a fine they could feel hit them in the pocket!!
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:41 am

freeagent86 wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Clive Bruce once sent off one of our players for calling a linesman exactly the same thing, and beware - if you get Clive, the red will come out each and every time. Now i'm not saying that is wrong or indeed Clive was wrong, but the only thing that frustrated me at the time was that the linesman in question was not a neutral or impartial 'official'. Here's an interesting thought though - why is it that strikers never swear at neutral officials in games where there are some, but feel it's ok to abuse 'club' helpers?

Very often the people who argue the loudest probably have the worst viewpoint. I've heard a few keepers be vocal which amuses me.

Unless you are absolutely bang in line, something which many part-time Sunday linesman don't even manage when making a decision, you cannot categorically say whether someone is or isn't onside.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

So.... The red card is a standard ban and fine. Acting like an idiot upgrades you to an "all football" ban. Which is fair enough.

You have to remember that the discipline dept at the FA do not have the benefit of seeing the event play out in front of them and therefore struggle to apply common sense where necessary. They have words written down in black and white (from the referee) to which they must apply the rules.

If you think that explaining the whole scenario will somehow help your cause then go for an appeal. It sometimes works. (although I thought that vide evidence was required nowadays?)

Swearing at a linesman should be a red card every time, just as it is for referees. If we didn't have linos the game would be a lot less enjoyable for everyone.

I personally am against the whole "sunday/saturday only" bans. it means that idiots can have the attitude of "I don't care if I get sent off on a Sunday as I still get to play on a Saturday". For certain red card offences it should be a full ban IMO, especially abusing referees and assaults etc.
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

You should always get binned for calling an official (or club assistant) a cheat - expect that, not giving your/his name is just pathetic and childish, but, I agree, the amount of matches does seem excessive - you can always ask for a breakdown?

Think about it, you see it week in and week out, a player gets called something by another player (or helmet on the line) and they give it back and sometimes want to fight - that's their way of dealing with it. If a player has a go at a ref, then ref has to deal with it in a way that has to be by the book and if a ref wants to - he can get a player banned for a long time, it can be wrong, but it can be done.

Some refs deal with it differently, either have a 'quiet word' with the offender - out of earshot of anyone else - which normally shuts him up.

Don't think that County FA always side with the ref - it's about 50/50,, you will always hear the horro stories form helmets who didn't 'get away' with 'it' and got banned for weeks, but you never hear of the appeals that go with the player.

you'll have to thank The FA for the no appeal unless video evedence thing - they aren't totally in touch with us down at grass roots...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:42 pm

You can't video anything on public parks, because there's too many do-gooders around.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Stroller wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Widds wrote:
haha yeah i did more running as a lino than in goal lol

My dad once gave some guy directions whilst running the line with his back 2 the pitch! Those were the days

Top man is Robin

many thanks - i happen to agree.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

and

I cant see why it gets debated at this level, but understand why it does, someone has to be in charge of a game, else there's no point in playing it, there will always be right and wrong decisions, humans aren't perfect apart from me of course, but thats the way it IS at this level.

and
no one moans when they get a penalty when they shouldn't have, or a decision goes their way which shouldnt have done.

exactly! and they say refs lack consistency sometimes!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

topgun wrote:
If he getting £40 a game Saturday's! Over a season racks up a little bit! So £ 90 fine on a Sunday shouldn't be a problem for him! It's extra income he probably doesn't get taxed on and he more than likely has a full time job so take it on the chin! A lot of players in alliance don't play Saturday's or get played for playing so if they cop a fine they could feel hit them in the pocket!!

wonder how many do get paid to play on a Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

Stroller wrote:
freeagent86 wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Very often the people who argue the loudest probably have the worst viewpoint. I've heard a few keepers be vocal which amuses me.

Unless you are absolutely bang in line, something which many part-time Sunday linesman don't even manage when making a decision, you cannot categorically say whether someone is or isn't onside.

i agree most matches have a least one 'verbal' keeper
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Sparta3 wrote:

So.... The red card is a standard ban and fine. Acting like an idiot upgrades you to an "all football" ban. Which is fair enough.

You have to remember that the discipline dept at the FA do not have the benefit of seeing the event play out in front of them and therefore struggle to apply common sense where necessary. They have words written down in black and white (from the referee) to which they must apply the rules.

If you think that explaining the whole scenario will somehow help your cause then go for an appeal. It sometimes works. (although I thought that vide evidence was required nowadays?)

Swearing at a linesman should be a red card every time, just as it is for referees. If we didn't have linos the game would be a lot less enjoyable for everyone.

I personally am against the whole "sunday/saturday only" bans. it means that idiots can have the attitude of "I don't care if I get sent off on a Sunday as I still get to play on a Saturday". For certain red card offences it should be a full ban IMO, especially abusing referees and assaults etc.

very well put, think the fines would rocket if a player got sent off every time he swore at a ref!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

Hellboy wrote:
You can't video anything on public parks, because there's too many do-gooders around.

wish somebody would video the dog owners to see who messes on our pitch!
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

wish somebody would video the dog owners to see who messes on our pitch!

Who says its the dogs? I've seen some of those Wigston Fields inhabitants up close!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 2:18 pm

you always know when a humans done it, theres a little square of toilet paper placed on the top of it.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 7:05 pm

so that's what I always see round Knighton Park! Mind you, think it was last year an elderly gent asked some young yob to clear up after his dog and got a smack in the mouth for his troubles
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

A club assistant is helping the ref on the day and if anyone shouts abuse at him the referee should protect him/her. Doesnt matter that are not neutral or impartial, no one has the right to abuse them...
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:25 am

man in black wrote:
A club assistant is helping the ref on the day and if anyone shouts abuse at him the referee should protect him/her. Doesnt matter that are not neutral or impartial, no one has the right to abuse them...

Agree, totally agree and i'm sure we as a club will make sure this don't happen again from our part but no one has the right to cheat either, still can't believe the punishment my player has recieved for something that happens in EVERY game EVERY week.

Like i said in a previous post, our opponents on that day also had a player sent off for abuse to the ref on 2 occasions and only received yellow cards, this resulting in him having a one match ban, we however have got to take a 7 game ban on the chin and 5 for his sat side whilst his ban is in motion.

Again, ridiculous decision really.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:27 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

very well put, think the fines would rocket if a player got sent off every time he swore at a ref!
The game would benefit, fines would come down and there would be less swearing. Lessons would be learnt. Or is that Eutopia? ....sometimes called rugby!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

Also....

If someone called me a f######g cheat, especially someone that probably just got out of bed still peeeeeeed up from the night before with spots all over his face, thinking he is it, it would also have a lot to do with what kind of mood i was in, perhaps one day i might laugh and another day i might be offended, be impartial, or i might come over to you and lamp you one once or twice, and therefore no one knows whats going to happen till on the day.

good topic Widds.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

I do try hellboy!

Agree with clive, don't swear at linos and give your name clearly when u walk. But whilst I agree to some extent with sparta, if u ban on saturday and sunday league, then it should be five games total, because this five match ban is actually a ten match ban. But I know the flip side would be players sign on for a team just to have their games contribute to the ban....

Again, ou issue is with the length of the ban, not just being punished
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 12:48 pm

man in black wrote:

here's a scenario for your Clive:

a player gets consistently fouled (4 or 5 times) but the offending players don't get carded. eventually, after the 5th painful challenge, the victim gets up and says to the referee: 'for f***s sake ref!' and gets back to his feet.

What would you do?

Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

I think swearing towards a ref is different to swearing at a ref. Again, context could be difficult to prove.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:14 pm

Widds wrote:
I do try hellboy!

Agree with clive, don't swear at linos and give your name clearly when u walk. But whilst I agree to some extent with sparta, if u ban on saturday and sunday league, then it should be five games total, because this five match ban is actually a ten match ban. But I know the flip side would be players sign on for a team just to have their games contribute to the ban....

Again, ou issue is with the length of the ban, not just being punished

I don't understand why the previous "day/week" bans were replaced.

Perhaps yellow card suspensions and minor reds should be for Sunday/Saturday only, but all major offences should cover all football.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

The game would benefit, fines would come down and there would be less swearing. Lessons would be learnt. Or is that Eutopia? ....sometimes called rugby!

needs to start at the top down for that to happen. whatever happened to that rule where a free kick could keep moving forwards 10 yards if the opposition continued to show dissent to the referee for giving it?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Also....

If someone called me a f######g cheat, especially someone that probably just got out of bed still peeeeeeed up from the night before with spots all over his face, thinking he is it, it would also have a lot to do with what kind of mood i was in, perhaps one day i might laugh and another day i might be offended, be impartial, or i might come over to you and lamp you one once or twice, and therefore no one knows whats going to happen till on the day.

good topic Widds.

have you seen how many refs are on the suspension list? it's a long one...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 2:27 pm

A long one?

Suspensions - Page 2 4986448_tml
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 2:48 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Also....

good topic Widds.

have you seen how many refs are on the suspension list? it's a long one...
I can't spot any Refs on the list are your eyes playing you up again!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 2:55 pm

littlebigman wrote:
I can't spot any Refs on the list are your eyes playing you up again!!!!

He's a ref, surely what does one expect. Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 4:01 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

needs to start at the top down for that to happen. whatever happened to that rule where a free kick could keep moving forwards 10 yards if the opposition continued to show dissent to the referee for giving it?

I think that had the potential to be an excellent rule....can you imagine if a player continues to give grief and their team went 10yrds further back....team mates would be spewing....soon cut out the problems
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

Widds wrote:

I think that had the potential to be an excellent rule....can you imagine if a player continues to give grief and their team went 10yrds further back....team mates would be spewing....soon cut out the problems

You'd have to move on to Magna towns pitch some games. cat rendeer

irresistable that one.

I couldn't contain myself
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

You are on fire tonight bud!!! Very Happy

Had an explanation of the punishment etc from County, also that the reason its Sat and Sun games is purely as a deterrant against bad discipline. Think we are going to contest the 5 match ban....as i have nothing else to do this evening other than sit in a hotel lobby, i will be prepping a case to end all cases....and coming on here for a bit of human contact (yes Hellboy, i class you as human!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspensions   Suspensions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspensions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next