Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 20 November

Go down 
+34
spartamoshdock
Sparta3
Stroller
dezza
Pete Mourinho
Paulo
D & B
Jimmyb
The Plough
Skeems
Rwhite08
I luv Edna in Emmerdale
Hellboy
Widds
wheel1
timmy mallet
mowmacre fc
WILKSY
Capello
A.McNulty
L.K.F.C
oily
Mivan are going up
whiteeagles
CSKA17
hotshot66
PEEWEE
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Hairy Hebrew!
Sneijder10
Number1
greeeedy
Polska legend II
Gordon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 2:25 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Huncote Sec wrote:
Sparta Moshdock 2-5 Huncote Sunday

Really don't like coming on here and talking our boys up as it normally leads to a fall, so have slept on it before posting this lol!

A great performance yesterday, the Moshdock could say they were below par and I'm sure they were, but we were outstanding. A nervous start and a goal down our pre-match fears of a stuffing were on the cards. We made some changes for the game as well as we rotate our match day squad to keep everyone smiling.

We started to gain some confidence as the game went on and Moshdock weren't testing us a much as we expected, a goal mouth scrabble led to Adam Dyke firing the ball into the roof of the net for a deserved equalizer. Wes Johnson and Adam Dyke combined shortly after to win a penalty, Wes dispatched to end Huncote/Bakers/LM Utd awful penalty record to take the lead.

Real believe set in when Adam added his second of the game before half time.

We expected a onslaught second half as Moshdock tried to get back in the game by our defence stood firm and Russell Smith hit what can only be described as a 'wonder strike' from edge of the area to make it 4-1

Our back line held firm and until 20 minutes to go when Moshdock got one back

Just when we thought we were going to be in for a rough ride towards the end MOTM and Centre Half Gary Reader broke from the back to overtake the rest of our side and slot home the 5th to seal the performance

Great banner on the sidelines too.

Sparta Moshdock are clearly a good side but maybe lacked the attitude and work rate yesterday that was needed to see off a stubborn Division Three Side

Good Luck for the rest of the season to all at Moshdock

Really proud of the lads, one of if not the best performance in the 11 years we have been around!!

I Certainly hope it does! Great result for you that, see you next week geek

Hoping that I am not made to eat my words pale
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

D & B wrote:
Dunton & Broughton 6 - 1 LDA Spartans

Just like to thank LDA for a good game today, they were a top set of guys who didn't stop working for the whole game. A lot of sides would have easily gave up after going a few goals down but they worked their socks off throughout, especially the first half when it was 1-0. Most of the people watching on the sidelines also said how well you defended in the 1st half so that can only be a good thing. We passed the ball around nicely and created some good chances. Sorry for our bar not being open as well! All the best for the season.

Cheers mate - my legs are still stiff from the amount of running we had to do in midfield. I thought we defended brilliantly in the first half and although you deserved a goal we were gutted that you got it. We ran our socks off to try to contain you and at half time we thought we just might be in with a chance of nicking a goal. In the end, tiredness got to us and it became a little too easy for you.

Despite finding it faily easy to play around us in the second half, none of your lads were taking the p***, which is always a sign of a good bunch. One thing that we can take froim the game is that despite you passing the ball around very well, only one of your goals was a "worked" oppotunity from open play (a couple of corners, a deflection, a defender/keeper error).

Our goal was something to behold though. Lovely passing football from side to side ending in a goal for Nick Granger.

Overall it was a very good workout for us but the difference in divisions was clear from the start. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
Sparta Moshdock 2-5 Huncote Sunday

Really don't like coming on here and talking our boys up as it normally leads to a fall, so have slept on it before posting this lol!

A great performance yesterday, the Moshdock could say they were below par and I'm sure they were, but we were outstanding. A nervous start and a goal down our pre-match fears of a stuffing were on the cards. We made some changes for the game as well as we rotate our match day squad to keep everyone smiling.

We started to gain some confidence as the game went on and Moshdock weren't testing us a much as we expected, a goal mouth scrabble led to Adam Dyke firing the ball into the roof of the net for a deserved equalizer. Wes Johnson and Adam Dyke combined shortly after to win a penalty, Wes dispatched to end Huncote/Bakers/LM Utd awful penalty record to take the lead.

Real believe set in when Adam added his second of the game before half time.

We expected a onslaught second half as Moshdock tried to get back in the game by our defence stood firm and Russell Smith hit what can only be described as a 'wonder strike' from edge of the area to make it 4-1

Our back line held firm and until 20 minutes to go when Moshdock got one back

Just when we thought we were going to be in for a rough ride towards the end MOTM and Centre Half Gary Reader broke from the back to overtake the rest of our side and slot home the 5th to seal the performance

Great banner on the sidelines too.

Sparta Moshdock are clearly a good side but maybe lacked the attitude and work rate yesterday that was needed to see off a stubborn Division Three Side

Good Luck for the rest of the season to all at Moshdock

Really proud of the lads, one of if not the best performance in the 11 years we have been around!!

Couldn't agree more mate. Yes, we were certainly below par and I'm sure it was to do with attitude, but take nothing away from your boys, you put in one hell of an effort and got what you deserved.

If you put that effort in week in, week out, you will trouble any side.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

The firs old boys wrote:
White Eagles 3-2 The Firs old boys

What can I say, we went 1-0 down then drew level, then 2-1 down and came back to 2-2, but there was no way back after they scored the third. Both teams really wanted to win this one but White eagles were the better team and to be fair they would of had more than 3 if it wasn't for the woodwork and a couple of goal line clearances. Well done White eagles and all the best for the rest of the season. Good game and very well reffed by Clive Bruce

CLIVE BRUCE, one of the best refs we've had as its our 2nd season theres prob a few more but he has been brilliant every time we've had him. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hspartan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 5:51 pm

D & B wrote:

Just like to thank LDA for a good game today, they were a top set of guys who didn't stop working for the whole game. A lot of sides would have easily gave up after going a few goals down but they worked their socks off throughout, especially the first half when it was 1-0. Most of the people watching on the sidelines also said how well you defended in the 1st half so that can only be a good thing. We passed the ball around nicely and created some good chances. Sorry for our bar not being open as well! All the best for the season.

Fair play. You did what a good side do and that's rather than get frustrated, start lumping the ball forward....you used the ball, making us run for it and that eventually told. Typically, the one weapon we possess which would be a danger to any side was neutralised by playing on the biggest pitch will we all season.

Considering you've hammered one side this season and beat some very, very good sides too, we did well. Reminds me of playing Trinderbox when Himan/Gomez was upfront, lost 4-1 and thought we did extremely well. You just stick your hands up and say far too good for us and learn the lessons from it.

To top it off, you had the courtesy of inviting us to your local which goes down well in our bunch.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 6:22 pm

Hspartan wrote:
D & B wrote:

Fair play. You did what a good side do and that's rather than get frustrated, start lumping the ball forward....you used the ball, making us run for it and that eventually told. Typically, the one weapon we possess which would be a danger to any side was neutralised by playing on the biggest pitch will we all season.

Considering you've hammered one side this season and beat some very, very good sides too, we did well. Reminds me of playing Trinderbox when Himan/Gomez was upfront, lost 4-1 and thought we did extremely well. You just stick your hands up and say far too good for us and learn the lessons from it.

To top it off, you had the courtesy of inviting us to your local which goes down well in our bunch.

Would have to agree that LDA defended brilliantly in the first half, a testament to you really when you consider we were throwing all sorts at you and just couldnt find a way through. In the end it took one of our centre backs to open the scoring from a corner. Your goal was probably the best move of the match, good passing and a good finish. I reckon if you put that sort of effort into your league games then you'll no doubt be up there at the end of the season.

All the best and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 6:48 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
does adam dyke still draw all the fouls out of opposing players? he used to get some right nailings when playing for us, just because players couldn't stop him, they would stop him any way they could!

Without a doubt the most fouled player I have ever played with, although Wes Johnson runs him close

i used to have to look away sometimes!
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Premier Sports Travel 5-0 Magna 73 Rangers

A first look on the scoreline and you will think, Prem dominated, Magna are rubbish and it was a routine win, well think again!!

We started so well, passing it around, Prem couldnt get near us and were not troubling us at all, the hero for them in the first half was Andy Taylor in goal who made 4 great saves although we shouldn't have gave him a chance, our finishing wasnt as good as it should have been. We had them rattled I think or if not rattled we certainly woke them up.

I feared after missing so many chances we would be made to pay and so it proved although we felt there was a push for the opening goal by Mark Graham on our defender but the ref didnt give it.

We went in 1-0 down but having played so well which was harsh, in the 2nd half it was more even, we were working really hard with Baines and Cartwright once again having great games but Prem were not really troubling us but then in a flash Mobbsy made it 2-0 with a great finish and unfortunately we collapsed and gave them an easy 5-0 win.

Thats just 1pt from 4 league games now since the Advance win, league form is a real issue, today with a bit more firepower we would have got something from todays game I think but you can not excuse the collapse in the last 15 minutes.

Good luck to Premier Sports in there chase for the title.

I've got to agree with you here Kev, Andy Taylor is by far the best keeper in the Prem!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

bullies 2-4 kirby

thought id post today as was pissed up last night and probably wouldve got my account suspended for ref slating.

woefull game of football about sums it up.

started with 10 men for the first 25 mins and went 2-0 up. kirby tho come back into it and was 2-2 at half time.
second half we started well had alot of the ball but never made use of it really kirby defended well and came on top in the last 15 mins and probably just deserved the win as they wanted it more than us.
well done to kirby all decent lads even tho they argue as much as us which i couldnt believe funny as tho and some friendly banter from both sides hope they can pick a few results up this season.

Editted by Moderator
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 5:30 pm

greeeedy wrote:
bullies 2-4 kirby

thought id post today as was pissed up last night and probably wouldve got my account suspended for ref slating.

woefull game of football about sums it up.

started with 10 men for the first 25 mins and went 2-0 up. kirby tho come back into it and was 2-2 at half time.
second half we started well had alot of the ball but never made use of it really kirby defended well and came on top in the last 15 mins and probably just deserved the win as they wanted it more than us.
well done to kirby all decent lads even tho they argue as much as us which i couldnt believe funny as tho and some friendly banter from both sides hope they can pick a few results up this season.

Editted by Moderator

Got to agree with the keeper incident but other then that i thought it was fairly reffed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

moderated for my opinion. cant say fcuk all on here now im done with it sod it
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 5:54 pm

oh buddy....you know the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 6:40 pm

It does seem silly some of the stuff that has been moderated. At the end of the day it is a forum and noone takes anything said on here too seriously.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 7:22 pm

don't you believe it! there have been some potentially damaging situations flying around in the past for what was said on here. and once again we all know you can't slate refs on here now matter how bad you think they have been, it's just going to come straight off.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

When making comments on here, generally the league dont moderate because they are forum nazis lol, they are doing it to A) protect the individual from potential fines and perhaps legal action and B) because refs get enough grief on a Sunday without it being made public on a forum and we dont want refs packing it in do we...

Personal opinion - if your player has a bad game, you could come on here and say 'our striker was crap, missed everything, never have i seen a more incompetent performance, i am disgusted that he is allowed on a footie pitch' but the chances are you wouldnt, so why do it about a ref, who, when all said and done, is answerable to the league and county, not a teams managers.

I think if you came on and said 'ref put the effort in but unfortunately not his day today' then you would possibly just about get away with it....

So i would say its probably wise just to talk about the referee in the same way you would about one of your players if they have a bad game....if you have to comment....but better off just filling in your report form...they do get listened too
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

I have recently had a real scare for abusing a referee, its wise to just bite your tongue and not learn the hard way which I so nearly did
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

Widds wrote:
When making comments on here, generally the league dont moderate because they are forum nazis lol, they are doing it to A) protect the individual from potential fines and perhaps legal action and B) because refs get enough grief on a Sunday without it being made public on a forum and we dont want refs packing it in do we...

Personal opinion - if your player has a bad game, you could come on here and say 'our striker was crap, missed everything, never have i seen a more incompetent performance, i am disgusted that he is allowed on a footie pitch' but the chances are you wouldnt, so why do it about a ref, who, when all said and done, is answerable to the league and county, not a teams managers.

I think if you came on and said 'ref put the effort in but unfortunately not his day today' then you would possibly just about get away with it....

So i would say its probably wise just to talk about the referee in the same way you would about one of your players if they have a bad game....if you have to comment....but better off just filling in your report form...they do get listened too

spot on widds. I posted on here a few weeks back that I thought a ref got a penalty decision wrong against us. Yet I also put that because, in the laws of the game, 'if, in the opinion of the referee..he deems it to be a penalty' then he was perfectly entitled to award it whether we agreed with it or not.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

i dont lie even about my own players infact im quite truthful to every matter i bring up.
his performance was disgraceful and i felt needed mentioning and he dont deserve to be an authority figure in a game of football at any standard simple as that
1 more thing most of his decisions went with us and against kirby for nothing, aint that saying something in itself that somebody from the OPPOSITE team referring to incompetency that actually never really went against us. think about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 20 November   Banter for Sunday 20 November - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 20 November
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3